Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/16/2009 8:25:39 PM EDT
Well our very own John "cap and trade for secretaryship" McHugh has finally been nominated Secretary of the Army.

Will our next congressperson be a

liberal democrat, Bill Owens
liberal republican (RINO) Dede Scozzafava
or Conservative Party candidate Doug Hoffman?

Do your research, and Choose Wisely!

Link Posted: 10/3/2009 11:54:40 AM EDT
[#1]
No interest here?  This is an important race, which has attracted national attention.  Owens and Scozzafava have been slamming each other in the tv ads, meanwhile, Doug Hoffman has been receiving endorsments from the NYSP PBA, Fred Thompson, 9.12 affiliated organizations, Citizens United, Concerned Women for America, the Susan B. Anthony List Candidate Fund and the American Conservative Union and Club for Growth.

Even without a lot of ad power, the latest poll shows Doug Hoffman with 16% of the vote.  Let's get the word out in Oswego, Madison, Jefferson counties, etc, and double OR TRIPLE those numbers!

Doug Hoffman is THE ONLY conservative choice.  But don't take my word for it, GO MEET HIM YOURSELF.  He will be making stops around the district next weekend.  One of these stops is in Fulton, NY, at the Elks Lodge, between 10am and 2pm.  Come meet Doug, and enjoy a Hoffman hotdog.  Who knows, some volunteer might even whip up a batch of venison chili.  "Chill out Congress!"
Link Posted: 10/3/2009 6:47:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Different Circus, same clowns.  
In spite of Dede's Republican affiliation, she's a RINO and I already SWORE that I WOULD NOT vote for anyone currently holding Office.
Democrats can go fuck themselves, they've already fucked everybody else.

I don't know anything specific about Hoffman other than he doesn't live in the District and has had minimal media exposure.

McHugh did a fine job as Congressman, however it would appear that he sold out on "Cap & Trade" for the Secretary of the Army position, which is a semi-moot point since there were already enough vote to secure passage in the House of dumb-asses.
Link Posted: 10/4/2009 4:12:04 AM EDT
[#3]
doughoffmanforcongress.com

I've heard that claim about his residency, but I do not know the facts.  Come to Fulton and ask Doug in person!  
Link Posted: 10/8/2009 3:52:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks like SOMEBODY thinks this race is important.  He runs to Denmark for the Olympics, ignores the War in Afghanistan, but then takes time to attend a fundraiser in NYC to support Bill Owens in the North Country.

Can anyone guess who I am referring to?

Link Posted: 10/8/2009 3:58:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Different Circus, same clowns.  
In spite of Dede's Republican affiliation, she's a RINO and I already SWORE that I WOULD NOT vote for anyone currently holding Office.
Democrats can go fuck themselves, they've already fucked everybody else.

I don't know anything specific about Hoffman other than he doesn't live in the District and has had minimal media exposure.

McHugh did a fine job as Congressman, however it would appear that he sold out on "Cap & Trade" for the Secretary of the Army position, which is a semi-moot point since there were already enough vote to secure passage in the House of dumb-asses.

Try Cap & Trade as well as both bail out bills––hell, I'm sure the bastard would be tripping over dems to vote for the public option if he could.

McHugh is a whore, and the single reason why I don't consider myself a Republican anymore.

Dede is the same whore cut from the same cloth.  Fuck him and fuck her.
Link Posted: 10/21/2009 7:50:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, things certainly have developed rapidly.  Doug Hoffman's exposure has exploded locally, and nationally.  He's received numerous endorsements from lots of great conservative groups and individuals.  Even The Syracuse centered "Jim Reith Show", which is mostly liberal, has spoken to Doug and said some pretty nice things about him.  Glenn Beck had Doug on a phone interview this morning for the radio show, and will have him on the TV show tomorrow night.

Dick Armey came up to endorse Doug Hoffman, which they will have a public event tomorrow morning in Watertown.  This evening, Congressman Armey came to the CNY912 organizational meeting, because he wanted to meet us.  Well, the press showed up well before Armey did, so we had to table our internal business to a later time.  I hope the Post Standard sticks with the facts and keeps the article fair.  We shall see.
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 3:19:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Dede is toast.  Go with Hoffman.
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 8:55:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Palin just endorsed Hoffman, Rock On .  
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Imagine.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 4:43:06 AM EDT
[#10]
hoffman all the way
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 6:04:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks, guys.  I don't know where you guys live in the district, if any do, but there is an office in Canastota (Madison County), as well as field offices in the north country.  We are trying to open up a sign distribution center in the village of Central Square, as well as an Oswego County field office in Fulton.

Sarah Palin's endorsement is awesome.

Link Posted: 10/23/2009 6:40:59 AM EDT
[#12]
I heard a Hoffman ad on a Syracuse station just yesterday. Comes right out and says he is pro-gun, as well as his other conservative beliefs.

Its a no-brainer if you are a conservative in that district.

Sadly, most republicans can't seem to get past pulling the R switch.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 6:53:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Hoffman says he's an NRA member.

NRA should not have gotten involved in this race.  They are going to lose.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Heard today Rick Santorum is now supporting Hoffman.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 12:06:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Steve Forbes Also endorsed Doug Hoffman.  Doug, being a certified public accountant, and small business owner, gets the endorsement from a successful economic guru.   Maybe they have something in common, as far as knowing how to manage money.  JUST WHAT CONGRESS NEEDS!!!
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#16]
I need a Web Site to send money !!
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 1:10:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

http://www.doughoffmanforcongress.com/

Link Posted: 10/23/2009 1:44:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Done !!

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 5:45:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Done.
Again, there is NO ONE in Office that I will vote for, period!
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 9:54:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 11:16:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, voting for liberal rinos has done us a world of good.
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 11:43:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Voting for hoffman is voting for owens. Watch Jefferson and Lewis hand over another victory to the Dems. They handed the state senate over to them already.

ME:  NO.  A vote for owens is a vote for owens; a vote for Hoffman is a vote for Hoffman.  I'm done believing you must strategize and "hold your nose at the election booth.  Principles over party!

[/span]10-15 Hoffman polled out at about 70% not knowing who he was[span style='font-style: italic;']

http://www.siena.edu/uploadedfiles/home/Parents_and_Community/Community_Page/SRI/SNY_Poll/23rd%20CD%20SNY%20Poll%20Release%202%20––%20Final.pdf
[/span]
Does he have any other line besides Conservative?[span style='font-style: italic;'] [/span]Did Scozzfava get Independence?[span style='font-style: italic;']

[/span]Conservative party has never taken a House seat on their own[span style='font-style: italic;'].

ME:  And I've never been an activist before.  I've never marched in Washington before this year either.  The move to the political left in this country HAS awoken the sleeping giant.  Fisrt time for everything, don'tcha know...

[/span]
Enrollment numbers for 23rd: Democrats, 120,887. Republicans, 167,272. Indepednence Party, 19,619. Conservatives, 5,561. WFP, 1,482. Blanks, 76,194.

Link Posted: 10/25/2009 11:52:15 AM EDT
[#23]
I can't wait for this election to be over so the fuck-tards will leave my phone number alone!
Worst part is they are recorded messages and if anything at all you can push a key to answer questions except the one I want: "To remove your phone number...."  
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 11:54:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 12:01:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Kept the State Senate under Republican control.

Get used to them being in the minority.
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 12:04:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 12:07:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah, that worked out great keeping a  never ending AW ban from being enacted.

Oh, wait.

Link Posted: 10/25/2009 12:40:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 9:54:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You think backing Conservative Party candidates against Republicans is going to improve things?

I'm not involved in that race, NRA is and their endorsement was a bad idea.  That race is a stinker they should have stayed out of it.

Will it help to back Hoffman?  Yes and no.

Yes, the GOP needs a good, swift kick in the goolies and Hoffman might deliver it.

No, because Mike Long is as rotten as Shelly Silver.
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 10:02:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 10:06:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Wait til 2010 when the census shows the upstate population loss and the districts get redrawn

Plan on NY losing at least 2, probably 3 Congressional seats.

Link Posted: 10/26/2009 12:03:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 12:41:13 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah, that worked out great keeping a  never ending AW ban from being enacted.

Oh, wait.

I'd like to believe that it was at least partially responsible for destroying Mario PatakiTax's  political career in NYS. IMO the current Senate majority leadership is reluctant to act on any of the anti-gun Bills passed by the Assembly in 2009 for fear of the Republicans gaining majority control of the Senate after the 2010 elections. All in all not one onerous anti-gun Bill  has been enacted into law since 2000. We have even gained some ground by lowering the minimum age to 14 to fire a pistol at a range in NY.

Link Posted: 10/26/2009 5:27:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Not exactly an impartial source  

I got robo called by Scozzafava last night and Hoffman about an hour ago. First peep I have heard out of Hoffman.

Dede hasn't impressed me as a Assembly-person, and damn sure isn't Congressional material.
I've called all their campaign headquarters and told them that they'd never get another contribution if they didn't take my phone number off their list: the fucking robot calls are driving us nuts! Sunday we had to turn the phone off.  
Dede may be the Republican Party's selection, but I'm not going to vote for her for two reasons: One she's a RINO, two: I'm not supporting ANYONE currently holding ANY elected Office PERIOD.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 5:53:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 2:37:28 AM EDT
[#38]
I love how Owens' commercials keep harping on the "Bush tax cuts for the rich."  Didn't Owens make like 3/4 of a million dollars last year?  Friggin liberal lawyers....
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 3:02:29 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm seeing tv commercials for Hoffman the last couple of days here in the Albany area.

WHY?

Blocker
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 3:57:35 PM EDT
[#41]
One thing I will say: I do not believe there will be very many if any voter shenanigans. Having seen the people an processes in place, it would take a very intelligent and well designed fraud system to change the election. Not to say it cannot or will not, only that I believe it'll be fairly honest.  [://

Do you think that "tax lawyers" (re: Owens) do not know how to shelter their money? I don't have a problem with folks doing their damnedest to avoid paying any more than they have to, only the hypocrisy of their cries about taxing the rich or cuts to those who've earned a higher than average income.
(that's ironic considering all the politicians that do not/have not/will not pay taxes, and are VERY well off)  
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 4:01:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Hoffman is actually leading in the polls.  Sarah Palin has come out in support of him too.  He was on Hannity yesterday.  The Republican party has abandoned conservatives so they should abandon the GOP.   He was saying that the Republican candidate is taking votes from him.  The Republicans looked around and found the most liberal female they could come up with to run on their party line.  The GOP needs to die.  Let us conservatives join the party that actually espouses and embraces our values.
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#44]
I think it was a Club for Growth poll.  As much as I like to receive good news, I think the poll only surveyed about 300 people.  

You guys getting the "robo-calls"...Is that an autobot message, or a scripted call from a live human being?

Link Posted: 10/28/2009 3:50:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 10:58:40 AM EDT
[#46]
No More RINO's!

If conservatives will vote for principal over political expediency, Hoffman can win.

I have supported him with some $$ and the NY23 is 1500 miles from me.

Vote.

from the TX 14th CD
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 12:30:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks, Paddler!  Are you a 9.12'er?  I know that our local 9.12 group has been in contact with others from all over the country, and so many people sent Doug a check for $9.12, just to let him know to remember his principles and values when he goes to Washington.  I thought that was brilliant.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 5:03:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Thanks, Paddler!  Are you a 9.12'er?  I know that our local 9.12 group has been in contact with others from all over the country, and so many people sent Doug a check for $9.12, just to let him know to remember his principles and values when he goes to Washington.  I thought that was brilliant.

Nope, I'm not a 9.12'r that I am aware of. I've been to their site and read Common Sense so maybe I'm qualified. I've also been to some Tea Parties but don't really think of my self as a TP'r either.

All my adult life I've felt an obligation to vote at every opportunity. Sort of a Debt of Honor to those who've served and sacrificed so much for me. I have to do what I can to be worthy of that sacrifice and doubt I will ever measure up.

I will try. And I'll keep trying.

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 3:24:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Would like to add my voice, to encourage others in my district to vote for Hoffman.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 5:13:14 PM EDT
[#50]
We recieved an invitation to a semi-private Dinner/Meet & Greet for Hoffman on Monday....Seem the Democrats want this seat VERY BADLY!  
Biden Visit Underlines How Badly National Dems Want NY-23

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top