Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2021 10:03:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:20:27 AM EDT
[#1]
My guess would be whatever they bought from the Remington chip. 11 sale.

ETA: Can’t find whether the plant is still making brake pads or not. Closed or operational?

See above.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 5:48:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe it will be the primary factory for their vaporware MP-5 and Glock clones....
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 5:53:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I made a similar post in the PSA industry forum.

They answered it with a generic, “we are running out of space at our other Columbia manufacturing/warehouse site”, and we will create more jobs.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Industry/PSA-bought-another-factory-building-in-Columbia/301-299099/
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 8:43:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe it will be the primary factory for their vaporware MP-5 and Glock clones....
View Quote

Double barrel shotguns.

Under FJB, that will be the only product allowed.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:23:38 PM EDT
[#5]
That looks like the back half of the Spectrum (formerly Time Warner Cable) building on Platt Springs.  It used to be the "mid-range server" computer assembly floor for NCR then Solectron.  Solectron moved out Platt Springs into a new building and is now Flextronics.  

While there's a good amount of solid concrete floor space, I don't remember it being a high-shelving affair like many warehouse operations.  It's more of a manufacturing and assembly floor.  I suppose building capacity doesn't matter given what little stock has been at PSA Fern.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 8:52:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 5:14:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Double barrel shotguns.

Under FJB, that will be the only product allowed.
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 5:31:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, If they have bought all remaining assets of H&R, do they get to start making M1 Garands again under the HRA banner?
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:56:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:04:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well, If they have bought all remaining assets of H&R, do they get to start making M1 Garands again under the HRA banner?
View Quote

I remember that being mentioned or alluded to as a possibility by Josiah in a thread at that time.

They manufacture a lot of parts in house in places that surprised me all around SC. Pretty cool. Proud they’re doing it here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top