Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2009 3:48:59 PM EDT
What do you think guys?

I am now working on a single point/2 point hybrib like the Magpul sling.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 4:00:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice work! Now make it quick adjustable.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 4:38:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I made one several years ago for my 30-06 and it is not comfortable. bites into shoulder after awhile of walking thru corn/bean fields.
Looks cool though!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:50:23 PM EDT
[#3]
did you learn to do that from all of your hair braiding experience?

now that i got that dig in, i'll take one in OD.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:03:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's the link to the thread about the one I made.

I've since then added a padded strap from an athletic type bag to help ease the shoulder strap digging in.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:24:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice job!
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice... how long does something like that take to braid?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:19:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Nice... how long does something like that take to braid?

Well, this was my first time ever doing anything with paracord. It took me probably 5-6hrs. But I was watching TV and stopping to post on here and other stuff. I've finished my Magpul type sling, but my Kodak camera crapped out on me today. So I can't really take pics of it yet. It took about the same amount of time and is a bit longer.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:49:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is my Magpul type sling that can either be single point or two point. It could stand to be a few inches longer, but I'll make due with it for now.

Here's both.

ETA: I think this was a pretty good 1000th post.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:29:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Not to take away from the slings, because I like them, but, where do you learn to do this.  I think it would make a good dog leash......for real. Thanks in advance for any links, that are for dummies.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:05:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not to take away from the slings, because I like them, but, where do you learn to do this.  I think it would make a good dog leash......for real. Thanks in advance for any links, that are for dummies.

I would like to know also.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:52:11 AM EDT
[#11]
the website i learned from is www.instructables.com. just search paracord and it will bring up several different projects. i didnt at any other than the one where they're making the watch band. thats the method i used just on a larger scale. if you head over to the "slings & other accessories" forum in the ar1 section here on the site, you will see the thread that i got the idea from. the exact page is hot linked there.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:15:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
the website i learned from is www.instructables.com. just search paracord and it will bring up several different projects. i didnt at any other than the one where they're making the watch band. thats the method i used just on a larger scale. if you head over to the "slings & other accessories" forum in the ar1 section here on the site, you will see the thread that i got the idea from. the exact page is hot linked there.

Thanks

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:52:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thanks big time...

Posted from my personal computer

always wanted to do that
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:45:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Cool, looks great
Top Top