Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2009 4:28:25 PM EDT
I made a sling for my lever action rifle out of 550 cord and some extra buckles salvaged from a backpack, all in all it took around 45 feet of 550 cord.  Here is the pattern used for both parts of the sling. And here are the pictures(I'll post a full length picture so you can see how it hangs later):

Link Posted: 3/1/2009 4:33:41 PM EDT
[#1]
cowboys don't use quick detach single point slings
Link Posted: 3/1/2009 4:39:15 PM EDT
[#2]
But cowboys had horses with places for their rifles.
Link Posted: 3/1/2009 4:42:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool.

I love people with the time, patience and skill for DIY stuff.

I have none of the above, so I end up buying everything.

+1
Link Posted: 3/1/2009 4:56:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the good idea.
Link Posted: 3/1/2009 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Cool.

I love people with the time, patience and skill for DIY stuff.

I have none of the above, so I end up buying everything.

+1

If you go to the Survival Forum and check the 550 cord projects thread, there is a link to a company that sells buckles.
Link Posted: 3/1/2009 6:24:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I do wonder if the loop on the stock can move forward getting between the rifles lever and the stock.  That may prevent the guns mechanism from locking up and firing.  

Other than that, I think your idea is quite creative and practical.

Link Posted: 3/1/2009 6:29:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I do wonder if the loop on the stock can move forward getting between the rifles lever and the stock.  That may prevent the guns mechanism from locking up and firing.  

Other than that, I think your idea is quite creative and practical.

On my Henry, the lever is never actually flush with the stock. I slid the loop all the way up to the trigger and, except for one spot where the trigger guard meets the hand loop, the action still worked.
Link Posted: 3/1/2009 6:33:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Awesomeness!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top