Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:25:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:37:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Instant classic.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:16:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Which pistol is that? It's not the Sig or the Desert Eagle...I thought you only had two pistols Jollyroger.

Yo Ar10er:
Which scope was it you had on your HK? Wasn't it Russian? What model is it? And what size rings does it use?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:09:48 PM EDT
[#4]
That's gotta be his .Fortee

I think ar10ers scope was a IOR w eyecup?

neat stuff here
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:45:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought the Sig was his .40? Oh well.

Cool site, I bookmarked it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:34:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Scope on gunbroker.com. Ar10er, is this it?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:13:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Scope on gunbroker.com. Ar10er, is this it?

That's it. The one on the HK has a .308 BDC. I do have that on though, I just do not have a rifle to mount it on anymore.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:36:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Woops, allmost forgot, they are 30mm tubes. IOR makes some excellent rings!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:54:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Darn I wanted it for my M1A, .308 calibration adds another $180 to the price, at least from what I seen so far. Have to do more searching.

ETA, actually thats the difference between 4x24 and 6x30. So it's not just calibration.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:04:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Woops, allmost forgot, they are 30mm tubes. IOR makes some excellent rings!

Yeah, after posting that I realized the tech specs said they used 30mm tubes. Duh!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:08:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Darn I wanted it for my M1A, .308 calibration adds another $180 to the price, at least from what I seen so far. Have to do more searching.

ETA, actually thats the difference between 4x24 and 6x30. So it's not just calibration.

You can get the M1 here for $365.00. I purchased both of mine from here.  www.snipercountrypx.com/store/comersus_listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=614&curPage=2

If you e-mail him. he may give you a quote on an M2, and a time frame of when he will get one in.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:47:04 PM EDT
[#12]
A post for those of you that don't visit the general forum or other seedy parts of the internet.

here's something dirty for ya

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:21:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Spiff:  That pic is indeed the Sig .40.  It looks a bit different when you look at the business end.

Saw another deer smacking about 30 minutes ago  Some kid in a Honda CRX (IIRC).
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:24:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Spiff:  That pic is indeed the Sig .40.  It looks a bit different when you look at the business end.

Dang, I thought the Sig was all black? Sigh.

Saw another deer smacking about 30 minutes ago  Some kid in a Honda CRX (IIRC).

Lots of snow in the foot hills pushing them down most likely.

Nasty snow. To many years of being a mechanic, stuck crawling under Cats, and Excavators, in 25 degree weather with a foot of snow on the ground for me to like the stuff.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:42:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You can get the M1 here for $365.00. I purchased both of mine from here.  www.snipercountrypx.com/store/comersus_listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=614&curPage=2

If you e-mail him. he may give you a quote on an M2, and a time frame of when he will get one in.

I'm going to keep an eye on that site, also I found another that sells them. After I get my Vietnam AR built I'm going to put a scope on my M1A.........then again, maybe I'll do it in a few weeks when we get our profit sharing check.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I would not order from USA Optics.

...ass from a hole in the ground
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I would not order from USA Optics.

...ass from a hole in the ground

Did you have trouble with them?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:38:13 PM EDT
[#18]
(This was 1 yr. ago)

called. left message on cell phone? no call back
called again.  "I can't talk now were loading up for the holiday wkend."
called after the first of the year.  scope not in stock but coming in on next shipment.
called 2wk later. not in. but try to talk me into another in stock model.
I say OK what's in stock.  lemmie check, phone down rummaging thru boxes.  Uh we got the 8x20  (I'm looking for a 3x9 or 3.5x10 MAX.) no thanks click

Fuckers wasted a month of my life looking for a particular scope.

gave up and got the leupy for the 300WSM.

Give it a shot though, if they have it at a good price.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:06:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dang, I thought the Sig was all black? Sigh.

The slide is kinda grey-ish.  You probably thought it was black due to all the grime, carbon, and other junk on it.    Just so everyone knows, I cleaned the hell out of the BE, Sig and the Middy.  I suppose the tan ones next...if its lucky.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:34:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey you guys have all the fun here.....

I will most likely be down to Boise in January for work.  I work near Lewiston but 'live' in Montana.  Will ya'll be out shooting in January if there isn't a blizzard on?

Was also thinking about checking out shooters wholesale, guy who has a ton of ads on gunsamerica.com.  Know anything about him?  I am interested in a .223 AK, but after the ol dirty link there I might have to save up for an FAL.

How much snow is there in town down in Boise?  I can usually depend on putting a few miles on my bike there even in January, but I won't bring it if its piled up.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:18:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Hey you guys have all the fun here.....

I will most likely be down to Boise in January for work.  I work near Lewiston but 'live' in Montana.  Will ya'll be out shooting in January if there isn't a blizzard on?

Was also thinking about checking out shooters wholesale, guy who has a ton of ads on gunsamerica.com.  Know anything about him?  I am interested in a .223 AK, but after the ol dirty link there I might have to save up for an FAL.

How much snow is there in town down in Boise?  I can usually depend on putting a few miles on my bike there even in January, but I won't bring it if its piled up.

We are having a shoot on the 7th, join the fun. Usually there are about 5 - 7 of us.

Is shooters wholesale the guy in Nampa? Pretty sure it is, he shows up at all the gun shows. BTW, there's one on the 14th of January.

And lastly, there's about 4 inches of snow on the ground, and it's supposed to snow the rest of the week. However, if you know Boise weather, you know that it usually does not stay around much in the valley.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:28:55 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm on call the 14th, so won't make the gun show.

A shoot on the 7th, you say? This may be doable.  Happy news!

I sold the Sig, saved a little, and had help from Mrs Sleepdr. Sitting under the tree is an ADCO-built RRA Midlength!  If I can get time off that Saturday, it may get a shakedown cruise.  Got this thing on the EE, and am very happy.  FF handguard, LMT BUIS, 2-stage trigger, A2 buttstock, all for less than Santa was going to pay for a Bushy M4gery.

A buddy is letting me borrow a Colt 20" HBAR as well as an Aimpoint 2x 2MOA to try out.  Already don't like the limited FOV, but it could be fun for plinking.

If I can save up enough to get magazines and some ammo, anyone mind if I hitch a ride to the bottom of the hill again? My car isn't all that off-roadable.

Merry Christmas, happy holidays, etc.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:13:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Long as you didn't sell the Kimber Doc. If you had, Ryfter and Jollyroger would have had seizures. And you would have had to fix 'em.

I'd be interested in trying out that Aimpoint myself. If the EOTech that I ordered does not work out, a 2MOA Aimpoint is next on the hit parade!!  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:53:25 AM EDT
[#24]
No way would I want to sell that Kimber anytime soon.  It's just been promoted to my primary CCW piece.  It was the first gun I bought after getting married, and is my favorite handgun to date.  Mrs sleepdr was solidly anti-gun before we met, so it represents much discussion, sweat, love, and patient teaching.

The Aimpoint seems pretty bombproof; I'm just not sold on the 2x magnification yet, due to the reduced field of view.  The 2MOA dot seems plenty bright/large for CQB, but better for precision at longer distances.  UNATTACHED to the gun, I found that a modified Bindon Aiming Concept works OK on the TV, the dog, and other things around the house.  Flip the front cap down, and it works like any other occluded-eye sight.  If one of us really ends up liking the Aimpoint, he may be persuaded to sell it.

One or two of the local SWAT guys have had Eotechs break after being tossed into patrol cars a few times.

Luckypunk's ACOG was also very nice; any idea on how bad one of those would be mounted on a short riser to clear my fixed LMT BUIS? Would it be mounted too high to shoot comfortably?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:29:58 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
One or two of the local SWAT guys have had Eotechs break after being tossed into patrol cars a few times.

Luckypunk's ACOG was also very nice; any idea on how bad one of those would be mounted on a short riser to clear my fixed LMT BUIS? Would it be mounted too high to shoot comfortably?

Not sure what to think about the SWAT guys breaking their EOTechs. After all you would not toss an AR into your car with an ACOG on it. Well, I wouldn't.

I found this thread about ACOG's and BUIS. And this one.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:44:04 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure what to think about the SWAT guys breaking their EOTechs. After all you would not toss an AR into your car with an ACOG on it. Well, I wouldn't.

I would.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:08:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Durability and function testing, courtesy ar10er!  Reminds me of those torture tests in the optics forum.

Spiff, thanks for dredging those up.  I must have missed them in my search.  It would be nice not to replace the LMT with a folder, since it's already on there tight and presumably is zeroed.  

Some guys shoot these things attached to A2 carry handles, so maybe it wouldn't be terrible to push it up just enough to clear the sight.  Of course, if one is dropping the better part of $1k on optics, a $50-100 BUIS doesn't seem as significant.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:19:15 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I would.

Not me. Durable or not, neither the ACOG nor EOTech are as tough as iron sights. I'm afraid I'd be for treating my $1000 ACOG or my $350 EOTech a little easier!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:22:25 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Spiff, thanks for dredging those up.  I must have missed them in my search.  It would be nice not to replace the LMT with a folder, since it's already on there tight and presumably is zeroed.  

I think this is another example of me not knowing my technology. I was thinking the LMT *was* a folding sight. I take it, it's a clamp on A2 style sight?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:58:44 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Mrs sleepdr was solidly anti-gun before we met, so it represents much discussion, sweat, love, and patient teaching.

Jeeze, I can relate to THAT one.  My wife was completely anti-gun.   It was to the point that she freaked out, when I finally brought my shotgun home from my parent's house.  

Now she can carry a concealed weapon, and is actually a pretty dang good, natural shot.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:11:11 PM EDT
[#31]
I have been known to be a little rough, only because I want to know what works when TSHTF.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I have been known to be a little rough, only because I want to know what works when TSHTF.

Iron sights *are* your friend!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I think this is another example of me not knowing my technology. I was thinking the LMT *was* a folding sight. I take it, it's a clamp on A2 style sight?

Yeah, it's a fixed A2-style sight that looks very similar to the DIY chopped carry handle.  Good rep for being a solid, tough sight that reportedly works best with red-dot sights.  I'll probably end up sticking with irons for a while until (if ever) they feel too limiting.

When is your EOTech arriving?  I've been very interested in checking one of those out, too.  I've seen lots of pics of them used in tough environments, and suspect the failures may have been from very rough handling.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:15:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Oh how forgetfull you are Spiff, I mentioned the LMT was a fixed A2 chopped carry handle style sight on page one.

Good job on the midlength Doc., I like mine quite a bit!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Oh how forgetfull you are Spiff, I mentioned the LMT was a fixed A2 chopped carry handle style sight on page one.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:00:11 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
When is your EOTech arriving?  I've been very interested in checking one of those out, too.  I've seen lots of pics of them used in tough environments, and suspect the failures may have been from very rough handling.

Should be here this week, but it's hard to say with Xmas.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:20:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Well dudes, I'm off to the airport.  Flying to Nebraska, hopefully I wont have to hang out at the airport all day for a flight.  If I dont get a chance to post while I'm there, have a good holiday!!  

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:25:45 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Well dudes, I'm off to the airport.  Flying to Nebraska, hopefully I wont have to hang out at the airport all day for a flight.  If I dont get a chance to post while I'm there, have a good holiday!!  

You and your family have a safe trip!!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:37:11 PM EDT
[#39]
I wonder if jollyroger made it out of the airport on time.  It was way foggy last night.

Hey, nows my chance.  344 more posts and I can be ahead of jollyroger.
It's gonna be a long night.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:42:29 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I wonder if jollyroger made it out of the airport on time.  It was way foggy last night.

Hey, nows my chance.  244 more posts and I can be ahead of jollyroger.
It's gonna be a long night.

Post whore!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Gaining!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:05:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Thats what you think!  My original flight was cancelled, but we got on a standby flight at 11:30.  We eventually got to nebraska around 6pm local time.  

I shot my buddies Kimber TLE/RLII...yeah Kimbers are the shit.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:29:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Almost could have drove there quicker.

Got there by 6 and still went out to shoot the Kimber, looks like you will have a proper vacation
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:44:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Anybody want a fairly decent 17" color monitor?  I have a Princton EO75 that is headed to the recycler if nobody wants it. Seems to work pretty well as of last week. It's free to anybody who wants to come nab it...or I'll meet ya halfway (I live over near HP).
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:44:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Heh, , I just gave away a 19" Hitachi monitor. Sat around our house for 6 months after we moved to flatpanels.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:59:51 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Heh, , I just gave away a 19" Hitachi monitor. Sat around our house for 6 months after we moved to flatpanels.

An Hitachi?? Man, those are(were) my favorite...for a tube-type.  Actually I've got one of those on the way out as well. I figure it's got about 6 months or so left before it gets replaced with a panel....I'm finding that a 17 flat panel is actually more usuable than a 19" tube.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:54:32 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Almost could have drove there quicker.

Got there by 6 and still went out to shoot the Kimber, looks like you will have a proper vacation

Yes indeed!  I think we are going to go look for coons, possums, and coyotes tomorrow night.  YeeHaw!!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:23:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Anyone catch the MAILCALL last night...Knob creek I never knew...now I do  

I brought the AR in to work this morning for some Show & tell, but wait.. but let me back up

The Boss has this pistol that had been "handed down from the father" kind of thing.  I never saw the old gun,...apparently chrome & pearl handle.   The GM of our company( who happens to be the father of Mike Mcnett of Doubletap ammo) was going to clean it up for the Boss when he found a split in the barrel.  So they went to get the Boss a "protection peice"  Boise gun I think.

Yesterday, the boss brings in his gun.  A ruger .357 snubby revolver to "show off".  It was nice and all....I may have referred to it as "cute"

I figured the AR would be fun to bring in and show everyone my "plinker"

Jaws dropped, women screamed, and a line formed to shoulder the weapon. (all true)
During the hobnobbing.  I overhear the Boss say  "when the SHTF...I want to be on luckypunks side"

I think I sold the GM on the ACOG.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:28:16 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Yesterday, the boss brings in his gun.  A ruger .357 snubby revolver to "show off".  It was nice and all....I may have referred to it as "cute"

-snip-

I think I sold the GM on the ACOG.

Now my snubby .357 S&W has issues.  Thanks to you, I now have to take it to the range and coax it through this tough time with some heavy magnum loads to rebuild its self-esteem.

I think you may have sold me on the ACOG, too.  If we meet up again, may I send a few more rounds downrange?  Interested in seeing how the BAC would work for my eyes.

Merry Christmas.  We've had several bad traumas tonight... driving (especially drunk) without a seatbelt is not smart.  Good for my job security, but not smart.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:30:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Well we went out looking for varmints yesterday afternoon.  Didnt see anything, but ended up getting the truck stuck in a snow drift.  5.5 hours later we got out, but not before I twisted my knee pretty bad....#$#@^#$!!!

Mmmm...ACOG, only a few hundred bucks to go and it will be mine.  Unless of course a bad assed new Kimber Warrior crosses my path.
Page / 7
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top