Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/17/2017 11:20:45 PM EDT
Back when the grand jury announcement was made regarding Darren Wilson the city used our building as their command post and they have requested to do so again.

My dad volunteers for a different department in the county and they are expecting far worse than the Ferguson riots.

With everything else that has been going on in the country this could be the boiling point.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 12:20:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:28:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Simple solution, allow Law Enforcement to do their job without political interference.

Any shit that starts will be over in short order.

Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:48:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm sure they learned their lesson the first few times
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 3:15:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Dare I hope our current Governor respond in an appropriate manner?

Eta:  If acquitted, the mayhem will not just be a Missouri issue.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:14:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Did I miss something? What murder trial?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:38:19 AM EDT
[#7]
The fact that they waived the jury trial and let him take the stand, means that the prosecution had zero case......no way they convict him of FIRST DEGREE murder.  I went to high school with this guy--didn't really know him that well, but definitely doesn't seem like the "murderer" picture they tried to paint.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:00:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:03:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The fact that they waived the jury trial and let him take the stand, means that the prosecution had zero case......no way they convict him of FIRST DEGREE murder.  I went to high school with this guy--didn't really know him that well, but definitely doesn't seem like the "murderer" picture they tried to paint.
View Quote
I was thinking the same.  

But we all know there are PLENTY of people that have already made up their mind and will see it as another "murderer of blacks" walks.

I really think it will be bad.  Like dragging any random person from a car bad.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:59:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I was thinking the same.  

But we all know there are PLENTY of people that have already made up their mind and will see it as another "murderer of blacks" walks.

View Quote
If it's me they will be leaking!
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:17:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I was thinking the same.  

View Quote
Begs the question where this one is going to light off.  Ferguson happened at the scene......but this one doesn't have that much publicity of a certain location.  Could be anywhere or everywhere.  Hopefully this time they're more prepared--and protect everyone vs. just government buildings.  Of course they won't get ignored by this president or governor.  Remember all the Federal Protective Police staying in the Chesterfield Embassy Suites (or Drury?), and out in St. Chas County?  Never saw those guys once.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 5:56:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Simple solution, allow Law Enforcement to do their job without political interference.

Any shit that starts will be over in short order.

However if he does, he'll be drug though the coals by the Traditional and Social Media... 
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:01:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Just read the article. That does, to me any ways, seem very sketchy, but doubt the murder charge will stick.

Greitens will have a big decision to make. I have no reason to think he would do us wrong, from what he has done so far.  Hopefully it doesn't turn into another Ferguson.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:56:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok, what's the back story here?  I haven't heard anything.

ETA - just read the article. Crazy.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:44:14 AM EDT
[#15]
That is really weird.

If nothing else, this is a reminder that breaking the rules and doing weird things will cause folks to think you're breaking the rules and doing weird things.

If he hadn't been carrying an AK pistol, and if he'd let someone else search the car, then he'd likely not even be on trial.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:11:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That is really weird.

If nothing else, this is a reminder that breaking the rules and doing weird things will cause folks to think you're breaking the rules and doing weird things.

If he hadn't been carrying an AK pistol, and if he'd let someone else search the car, then he'd likely not even be on trial.
View Quote
Moreover the dash cam of him saying "I'm gonna KILL THIS MF'er"  The whole premeditated thing rests on those words.

The AK pistol and the search doesn't help.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:28:19 PM EDT
[#17]
You can read the latest filings from the prosecution and defense at the following link.

Link
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Do law enforcement agencies get advanced notice of the verdict, or do they ramp up operations anyway and find out around the time that everyone else does?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:14:29 AM EDT
[#19]
What is your best guess on when the verdict will be announced?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:17:13 AM EDT
[#20]
As a side note... there is a poster over on Sig forum who is either a St. Louis City cop or a STL county cop.

He posted on Sig forum that they got ordered to stand down when the Fergi-stan thing was in full swing.

Sooo.... much like what happened in Charlottesville.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:35:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have no idea.

However, once the SLPD tells my boss they are coming, I'll post it here.  Or if my dad gets any info from the department he works with.

For the Wilson grand jury we had about a day to a day and a half notice they were moving in.  I don't know if there will be any kind of lead time this round.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:58:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have no idea.

However, once the SLPD tells my boss they are coming, I'll post it here.  Or if my dad gets any info from the department he works with.

For the Wilson grand jury we had about a day to a day and a half notice they were moving in.  I don't know if there will be any kind of lead time this round.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have no idea.

Thanks... Ms. Notrega is in St. Louis for a conference and would appreciate any heads up of potential trouble
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:50:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Thanks... Ms. Notrega is in St. Louis for a conference and would appreciate any heads up of potential trouble
View Quote
As long as she doesn't wander down the wrong street in the wrong neighborhood she'll be fine.

I drove through STL while Ferguson was going on & had no problems.  Neither did my family living all around STL.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:26:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
As long as she doesn't wander down the wrong street in the wrong neighborhood she'll be fine.

I drove through STL while Ferguson was going on & had no problems.  Neither did my family living all around STL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well she walked 7 blocks the other night after 9pm with 3 other women...
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:54:26 PM EDT
[#25]
"Well she walked 7 blocks the other night after 9pm with 3 other women...               "

Not the best thing to do downtown at that time. Some areas of South City are OK then. A friend is a manager downtown at a large company. Last winter she walked 6 blocks to get pizza for her team working late at 6 PM. Although she is a third degree black belt she said she had never been so nervous in her life.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:32:25 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm in dowtown for a few days. Is it happening?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 11:12:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Article in GD about this.  Evidently clergy and activists are threatening major unrest if the verdict doesn't go their way.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 5:47:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Article in GD about this.  Evidently clergy and activists are threatening major unrest if the verdict doesn't go their way.
View Quote
http://www.ksdk.com/mobile/article/news/local/protests-planned-in-and-around-st-louis-as-judge-weighs-ruling/63-468683784
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 6:58:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm working at the arch.  Come on by.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 3:06:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Watch out for this guy.  But don't worry....he isn't breaking any laws.

'Burn this b---- down': fury of Michael Brown's stepfather after Ferguson verdict
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 6:47:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Video I pulled from GD THREAD

Police officer Jason Stockley, shoots and kills Anthony Lamar Smith in December of 2011 (DASH CAM)
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 8:49:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:32:06 PM EDT
[#33]
When are we going to know the verdict
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 10:58:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
When are we going to know the verdict
View Quote
No one knows.  

Or if they do, they aren't telling.

I can't imagine the poor timing to announce right before Labor Day weekend, unless it is "guilty".
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 12:04:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Some video on the news of barricades being put up around the courthouse and police HQ...

http://fox2now.com/2017/08/29/barricades-going-up-downtown-ahead-of-stockley-verdict/
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 10:10:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

No one knows.  

Or if they do, they aren't telling.

I can't imagine the poor timing to announce right before Labor Day weekend, unless it is "guilty".
View Quote
Lets face it, the majority of the outrage isn't going to be among people who work for a living. Protesters are rarely missing work to riot, uh I mean protest. So, the concept of weekend or holiday weekend is pretty much meaningless to them.

On the other hand it would probably be best to hold off the announcement in the event of a not guilty so all the people that will have to deal with the rioting will have a nice weekend.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 2:30:57 PM EDT
[#37]
My hope is a late Friday announcement.

Evacuate Downtown before the SHTF.  

Fewer random targets that way  And three days for the disturbance to burn itself out.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 3:14:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My hope is a late Friday announcement.

Evacuate Downtown before the SHTF.  

Fewer random targets that way  And three days for the disturbance to burn itself out.
View Quote
What are the odds that the protests will be in downtown?  Was that where the shooting happened?

I'd imagine that the protests would take place in the north end or where the shooting took place.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

What are the odds that the protests will be in downtown?  Was that where the shooting happened?

I'd imagine that the protests would take place in the north end or where the shooting took place.
View Quote
That all depends on the mentality of the "protesters".

They might be tired of burning and looting their own neighborhoods.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 12:05:29 AM EDT
[#40]
They're not going to protest in north St. Louis, because frankly, no one would notice. They're going to protest at city hall, and anywhere else they can be a royal pain in the ass to to the city to make them seem more relevant.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 7:57:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 5:04:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I've got an idea. While "they" are out protesting/rioting/burning in other neighborhoods, let's sneak into their neighborhoods and burn their shit.
View Quote
Pretty sure it's racist if we do that
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 7:06:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
They're not going to protest in north St. Louis, because frankly, no one would notice. They're going to protest at city hall, and anywhere else they can be a royal pain in the ass to to the city to make them seem more relevant.
View Quote
Busch stadium was mentioned today, is the mayor dumb enough to let that happen? Pretty sure we're going to find out. 

Cold link, because they want another mess. 
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/anticipation-grows-ahead-of-verdict-in-jason-stockley-murder-trial/article_68d0cc45-89e1-5ab3-a7e5-81bc39191de0.html
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:02:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
... is the mayor dumb enough to let that happen?
View Quote
Remember, that old hag fixed the racism problem in STL by removing statue and tearing up Confederate Dr in Forest Park.  We're good to go.....no more issues.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 2:29:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Wish me luck boys. I work just south of downtown in Benton park.

Loadout for stl rioters?
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 10:55:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Wish me luck boys. I work just south of downtown in Benton park.

Loadout for stl rioters?
View Quote

Borrowed this from the meme thread..
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 5:24:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/57874/IMG_3597_JPG-296090.jpg
Borrowed this from the meme thread..
View Quote
For CCW yes.

For open carry go with this

And because you always need moar

Link Posted: 9/1/2017 5:53:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Really need to get this verdict done so we can get on with it one way or the other.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 9:49:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Had some of the popo at our BBQ today.

Still no definitive answer on when they will be setting up the command center.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top