Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 2:53:07 PM EDT
Just wound up in evansville from the east coast. Had to move here since I lost my job

In any event

can anyone offer info about the area gun ranges? A suggestion for a new person to go shooting?

What areas are nice to live in? Especially east side. (i need to be within 20 minutes of Henderson to keep company car)

any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome.

I'm assuming that you live in Vanderburgh County. If so, there are 9 other members from that county listed in the Member Locator tacked at the top of this forum. Hopefully one of them will chime in and help you locate a local range.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:36:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to Indiana.

I don't know a thing about Evansville. But as far as finding a range, check the Ranges thread at the top of the board. I did a quick search for 'Evansville' in there and found the Red Brush Rifle Range.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:44:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe Strictly Shooting in Evansville has an indoor range.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:36:51 PM EDT
[#4]
All I really have to add to this thread is a big welcome to the  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:40:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to Indiana especially southern Indiana.  Ive lived here for 50 yrs and love it  but then again i havent lived any where else either lol.  There are alot of ranges and gun shops around close but one gun shop you GOT TO CHECK OUT. is Whittakers Guns. The best and largest and best prices gun shop and accories in midwest  and its only a half hr drive from Henderson Ky right up the Aduibon Parkway half way between Henderson adn Owensboro Ky  if you wan tt directions just ask and ill give them to ya     they have a web site  Whittakers Guns but the site dont do it justice to the shot    they i would gues  have on hand at least 1000 guns on hand all the time and thats just what you can see not couting whats in the back and they also have a great range.  There is a state shooting range about 45 mile north of evansville  200 100 50 and 25 yd ranges shooters benches and free to public  if its taken care of   its nice and only 10 min from me. check it out soumetime again welcome to indiana and do check out whittakers guns.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:48:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Directions to Whittakers Guns  from Evansvile Indiana ............. Take US 41 through Henderson Ky through the strip on south side of Henderson take the Adubon Parkway East like your going to Owensboro Ky .......just after the Toll booth (have $.50 each way with ya lol) go to Exit 18 then turn right.  go about 3/4 mile and turn right again, i dont remmeber the hwy number but its the first hwy after turning right from the exit.  GO 5 miles and you will come into the little town of West Louisville Ky the school will be on your right  go all way through town ( dont blink your eyes or your miss the town its that small lol) you will see a sign Dimond Lake   and also Whittaker guns  TURN LEFT like the sign says and Whittakers is jusr around the corner.  WEll worth the drive  even if it is way out in the sticks.  great people to deal with  you wont be disappointed.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:16:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Kinda out of the way for you, but take I64 East to the Dale Holland exit and there is a gunshop (dave's guns) about two miles off the interstate with a very nice outdoor range in back.  3 covered lanes 25, 50, 100 yards, $100 a year membership allows you to call and reserve a lane whenever you want, or you can pay by the trip.  Good selection of products in the store at decent prices.  But Whittakers is truly the MegaLo Mart of gunstores in this area.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:18:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Welcome to Indiana especially southern Indiana.  Ive lived here for 50 yrs and love it  but then again i havent lived any where else either lol.  There are alot of ranges and gun shops around close but one gun shop you GOT TO CHECK OUT. is Whittakers Guns. The best and largest and best prices gun shop and accories in midwest  and its only a half hr drive from Henderson Ky right up the Aduibon Parkway half way between Henderson adn Owensboro Ky  if you wan tt directions just ask and ill give them to ya     they have a web site  Whittakers Guns but the site dont do it justice to the shot    they i would gues  have on hand at least 1000 guns on hand all the time and thats just what you can see not couting whats in the back and they also have a great range.  There is a state shooting range about 45 mile north of evansville  200 100 50 and 25 yd ranges shooters benches and free to public  if its taken care of   its nice and only 10 min from me. check it out soumetime again welcome to indiana and do check out whittakers guns.

What range is this?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I believe Beet is talking about the one at Glendale in Pike county.  If so, I've found it to be a bit Elmer Fuddy, when I take my "machine guns" and "killin' guns".  It's a nice range otherwise.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:34:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I believe Beet is talking about the one at Glendale in Pike county.  If so, I've found it to be a bit Elmer Fuddy, when I take my "machine guns" and "killin' guns".  It's a nice range otherwise.

There are Elmer Fudds in SW Indiana?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:28:38 AM EDT
[#11]
On the reply on the gun range yes it is in pike county but no it is not a part of Glendale. The range is nice and free.  I completely forgot about Daves Gun Shop in holland indiana it is a very nice store complete with nice range and very nice people to deal with.  I have bought a few guns there and the prices are as good as any where especially on hand guns  Whittakers are better on long guns.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:31:49 AM EDT
[#12]
There are Elmer Fudds and Rambos   everywhere in this tri state area lol.  Way i look at it as long as they like our beloved sport of shooting and gun collecting they cant be all bad lol. and as long as they / we all practice safe shooting then have fun!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:49:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks to all........

I have had such a streak of bad luck in 6months that I dont believe anything anymore. Heck, I even moved here the night of the Hurricane in Newburgh. Missed it by about 5 minutes.

sounds like I havea good start for shooting once I get straight, Thanks
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:27:38 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Thanks to all........

I have had such a streak of bad luck in 6months that I dont believe anything anymore. Heck, I even moved here the night of the Hurricane in Newburgh. Missed it by about 5 minutes.

sounds like I havea good start for shooting once I get straight, Thanks

Hurricane!?! In Newburgh?  Man those people have had it real rough this past year what with tornadoes and hurricanes and stuff!(j/k sorry to hear about the run of luck, '05 sucked pretty bad for me too!)  Look at the bright side, you're not a coastie anymore!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:25:37 AM EDT
[#15]
sorry , shows iam from out of town....the tornado that kicked newburghs ass right before thanksgiving. NOT a hurricane
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:16:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Welcome, there a gun clubs in town that have ranges. as well as the ones already mentioned.
I live in Evansville and usually head over to Kentucky for plinking in the country.
We are planning an Evansville area Arfcom shoot at whittachers Feb 11th.
Dont know if you were aware that IN is a class 3 friendly state, if you are so inclined.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:04:03 PM EDT
[#17]
I would love to attend an ar15 shoot !

I didnt know much about the laws outhere. I knew they were relaxed compared to previous homes in MD and NY....

I cant get over the amount of colleges outhere.......

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:32:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Welcome to the Hoosier State !
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:23:20 PM EDT
[#19]
motley crue and george thorogood comming to evansville ! WOOHOO!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:09:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I would love to attend an ar15 shoot !

I didnt know much about the laws outhere. I knew they were relaxed compared to previous homes in MD and NY....

I cant get over the amount of colleges outhere.......

Well, here's your chance! This Saturday at Whittakers Range. It's about an hour from where you are. You gotta see Whittakers store anyways.

Show up for the shoot and I'll let you shoot my M4gery. Link to shoot info
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:30:41 PM EDT
[#21]
I usually go to Sugar ridge in Pike county to dial in my AR's. Go thru the week and Elmer ain't there. It's a nice clean range. I also belong to Issac Walton. $80.00 a year and have 2 ranges. 50 yards and 100 yards. Rustic but hardly anyone there thru the week plus it's private. 7 lakes to fish in and camping. I like Rustic.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:29:01 AM EDT
[#22]
They all sound great , thanks everyone
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top