Posted: 2/17/2004 6:47:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/22/2004 9:17:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok, I'll start the list....

Name: Popguns

Addy: 30 South Post Road, Indy, 46219

Phone: 317-897-8660

Web: www.popguns.com

Directions: On the east side of indy, from I-465 take Washington St. east for one mile.  Turn south on Post Road.  Go 400 ft and popguns is on the west side of Post Rd.

What can shoot: Handgun calibers only (.22lr to .44 Mag) in either handgun or long gun. No Rifle calibers, black powder or shotguns

Fees: $9.00 per 1/2 hr. additional minutes are 30 cents a minute.
individual range membership: 190 per year
family range membership: 250 per year

If you pay for a yearly membership there is no per hour fee and you can shoot as much as you want for the year.

Also, by having a membership, if there is line of people ahead of you, you get to go ahead of people who are not members.

There are six lanes on the range.
Link Posted: 3/1/2004 11:20:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Name: WILDCAT VALLEY RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB

Address: Near Brookston, IN (W.Lafayette area)

Phone: N/A

Web: www.wvrpc.org

Directions: www.wvrpc.org/general_information.htm

What you can shoot: Ranges for Trap & Skeet, silhouette, complete NRA Action Pistol course, 300yd hi-power, 50-yard covered pistol stations and 100/50yd general-purpose range. Pistol ranges accommodate calibers up to .50AE, and pistol-caliber carbines. Rifle ranges accommodate calibers up to (but NOT including) .50BMG. No full-automatic fire.

Notes: Matches (IDPA, Action Pistol, Trap, Cowboy, etc) are generally open to the public; otherwise you must become a member (see link on info page above) or be the guest of a member.

This is my home club. If you're interested in becoming a member, drop me a line and I'd be happy to show you around and spend an afternoon shooting there with ya!

Link Posted: 3/23/2004 1:35:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Camel] [#3]
I just came across this, it lists public ranges in Indiana.

www.state.in.us/dnr/fishwild/huntguide1/range.htm

The only ranges I have been to on the list are the Jasper Pulaski and Winamac range.

Both of these have 25, 50, 100, and 200 yard ranges along with a skeet range.

Both are free and you can shoot up to .50 cal, but no full auto.
Link Posted: 7/14/2004 6:42:47 PM EDT
[#4]
If you are near Evansville, try Red Brush Rifle Range near Boonville, Indiana.

Red Brush Rifle Range
www.redbrush.org

They have six ranges and the longest one goes out to 600 yards.  They have long-range matches, IDPA, IPSC, cowboy shoots, machine-gun shoots, etc.

Maps and other info are on the web site.
Link Posted: 7/19/2004 2:18:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hoosierdaddy] [#5]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:18:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rhino_] [#6]
Name:     Atlanta Conservation Club
Address:  29595 Leonard Road, Atlanta, IN  46031
Phone:

Web - Email:  www.atlantacc.net  

Directions to Atlanta Conservation Club

It's at the corner of 296th Street (Hamilton Co.) and Leonard Road.  Please note that 296th St. is the same road as Tipton County Road 600 South.

What can you shoot there:

First Saturday:   Bowling Pin shoot
Second Sunday: USPSA Pistol (Central Indiana Practical Shooters)
Third Saturday:  Speed Steel (Steel Challenge rules)
Fourth Saturday: IDPA Pistol
Fourth Sunday:   USPSA 3-Gun

There are seven 25 x 25 yard shooting bays and an eighth that is slightly wider (but the same depth).  A rifle range is under development.

[edited to reflect change in monthly schedule and make corrections]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:31:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Go to the USPSA web site and use the "club finder" to locate places where they shoot USPSA/IPSC matches every month.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:13:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club
FCVCC

Just south of Anderson, Indiana.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:57:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NightCap] [#9]
Chesterton Indiana has a Range Masters I do not know the # off hand but it is not to far from lake county where I know must of you are from. Also its a state of the art range the same one the FBI uses cost 800,000 and sucks all the air out and replaces it every 80 seconds. you can shoot everything even 50 cal bmg rifle if you want. They also have some fully automatic HK mp5sd and a reguler machine gun you can rent I think the price is  $75 includes hour range fee, 100 bullets, gun rentel,  I would like to add that a few days ago I went there to shoot and was not happy at all it was so fucking cold i could not even take off my coat. My thoughts are this I understand it is always putting new air into the room which is great but if you are going to spend 800,000 dollars you could put some heat on as well.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:24:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pdg45acp] [#10]
Howard County Izaak Walton League

2629 South County Road 200 East Kokomo Indiana 46902

765-319-3640

Skeet, Trap, Sporting Clays, Rifle and Handgun (10, 25, 50 and 100 yard)

www.hciwla.org

[email protected]
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 5:34:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Huntington County has a public range located at Roush Lake (FKA Huntington Resevoir). It's going through a 1.5 million dollar upgrade. I've stopped by there a couple of times to check the progress and I'm duly impressed with what I see. It is going to be state of the art, very modern. It's been awhile since I've been out there. I will get more information and post it here. Heck, for all I know it could be open already. I'll let you all know when I can. hug.gif
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 4:21:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Rangemasters Outfitters Chesterton, Indiana  Porter county
219-921-0198 ( any and all)

Blythe's Sport Shop Valparaiso, Indiana Porter county
219-462-4412  (No bottlenecks)
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 7:51:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Camp Atturbury

Crosley   Range

Martinsville conservation club

Work on location addresses later
Link Posted: 3/24/2005 1:53:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I live in Lafayette and go to the Crawfordeville gun club on state road 47.It's on 47 East of Crawfordsvill and west of Thorntown.

I'm going to have to check out the one up at brookston though.It would be closer and sounds like it is better laid out.Thanks for the post and links.
Link Posted: 3/27/2005 10:08:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pdg45acp] [#15]

Originally Posted By BglockM21:
I live in Lafayette and go to the Crawfordeville gun club on state road 47.It's on 47 East of Crawfordsvill and west of Thorntown.

I'm going to have to check out the one up at brookston though.It would be closer and sounds like it is better laid out.Thanks for the post and links.

Wildcat Valley Rifle and Pistol at Brookston is one of the nicest ranges in the State.

The 300 yd Rifle Range "Rocks"..

www.wvrpc.org/
Link Posted: 5/29/2005 2:14:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/15/2005 8:28:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bossmonkey] [#17]
Eagle Creek Pistol Range
www.ecpr.4t.com
SATURDAY & SUNDAY 9am - 5pm
Pistol Range: 10.00 per person/day.  Targets are provided.  
10 visit pass - 65.00    Season Pass  - 120.00 ( good for 1 year - purchase in January)
"We will be open half days in July & August so IPD can conduct training.  Our hours will be 9am - 1pm, Saturdays & Sundays.  This will last from July 6th thru August 14th.  Thank you for your understanding & patience."

June 24 - 25, 2005 - GSSF Match is back!

Pistols, .22's, shotguns and pistol caliber carbines.
Range officers are good guys, as long as you handle your firearms well.

How to get to Eagle Creek Pistol Range:

From 465 heading South: Take I-465 West, then South.  Exit at 71st Street (exit #21).  Go West on 71st to Lafayette Road, turn left (South) on Lafayette.  Turn right onto 56th Street, then right at the light onto Gilmer/High School Road.

From 465 heading North: Take I-465 West, exit at 56th Street (Exit #19).  Turn right at the top of the ramp, then turn left at the stop light at High School Road.

From I-65 heading North:  Exit at Lafayette Road (Exit #121).  Go North on Lafayette Road to 56th Street, and turn left.  Turn right at the Gilmer Road/High School Road Stop light.

From I-65 heading South:  Exit at 71st Street, and go away from the Park Entrance, go to Lafayette Road and turn right.  Turn right at 56th Street.  Turn right at the High School Road stop light.

There is a Speedway gas station at the Southwest corner of 56th Street & High School Road (across from the Range entrance).

Follow the road to the end. There is a dog park on the right, and you will turn in on the left. You have to leave your vehicle in front of the building while at the range.

Link Posted: 6/30/2005 4:58:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Ditto on Wildcat Valley.  Best range I've ever shot on.

You can also try the Central Indiana Highpower Rifle Shooters at CIHPRS.org, or Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association ISRPA.org
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:27:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akethan] [#19]
Elkhart - St. Joesph County Restoration Club, 57979 C.R. 100, Elkhart, IN 46517.
Phone: 574-320-3937
Facilities include: Outdoor Pistol (25 yds), Outdoor Rifle (100yds), Rifle Silhouette, Pistol Silhouette, Muzzleloading, Trap, Airgun
Hours of Operation: M-Sat 9-7:30 Sun 1-5
Range Access: Public

No .50BMG or F/A $60 a year to join. Public invited every Sunday for trap.

www.freewebs.com/sjcrc/
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:41:54 AM EDT
[#20]
I been to pulaski (DNR) quite a few times. I am usually there with my bud and his "tapcorized" AK47 and a 870 pump.

Its a more relaxed range then the one we visited a while back (a recently remodeled DNR range) and it sucked. Wayyy too many constraints, albeit safer, but the lanes were cramped, people getting hit with brass, etc.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:03:00 PM EDT
[#21]
The range in Huntington is amazing.  $4.00 for the day, $2.00 for under 16.  7 yard, 25 feet, 50 feet, 25 yard, 50 yard, 100 yard ranges.  Garden carts available to truck your stuff to the tables.  Eye & ear protection, targets, ammunition available for purchase.  Concrete walkways, heavy concrete bullet deflectors, numerous fiber target stands.  NRA Rangemaster controlling all weapons handling, target policies.  The only challenge is to learn to post and number your targets, because the shoot/no-shoot rules are absolute, a good thing.
We entertained 4 kids/grandkids for 2 hours and did not have time to get to the shotguns.
E.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:12:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pavelow16478] [#22]
How much are memberships due for Wildcat? I currently go to purdue so I could only use it like 8 months out of the year, i live in the SE corner of IN.  Is there anyway to get like a student membership, like at the Flat Creek Range in W Lafayette?

Flat Creek Range

Edited for link
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Wilbur Wright...25yd, 50yd and shotgun range...free   New Castle
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:40:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Fort Wayne Rifle & Revolver Club.   To join, one must be sponsored by a current member.  All of our competitions are open to the public, and everyone is welcome.  That is a good way to meet some folks and get hooked up.  Dues are $60.00/year.                  www.fwrr.org

300 yd highpower range with 12 firing points and operating target pits.  Numerous matches including winter off-hand matches shot at 100yds.

LARGE 5 bay pistol range with USPSA sanctioned matches. Indiana state match will be held here in June.

Practical pistol ( IDPA spin-off).  

ARA sanctioned benchrest rimfire matches.

Benchrest varmint matches.  

Monthly blackpowder match.

Also, ditto's to the Huntington Reservoir Range.  This place is the best thing that has ever happened to public shooting in northeast Indiana.  Just 30 minutes south of Fort Wayne.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:15:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Eagle Creek pistol Range is now open for centerfire.   They are looking for  Range Officers and volunteers.   I might be trading time for time.......
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:19:30 PM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By TML:
Eagle Creek pistol Range is now open for centerfire.   They are looking for  Range Officers and volunteers.   I might be trading time for time.......

That is great news!  I've never shot there before but I will soon!
Link Posted: 5/6/2006 9:47:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Waveland Gun Club.  Its less than a half mile East of the entrance to Shades state park.  
It costs less than $40/yr or $3/visit.  Range is open all year, daylight hours.  The owners live on the property, they are very good people and give little supervision.  

Rifle, pistol, and skeet ranges.
Link Posted: 5/6/2006 10:23:17 PM EDT
[#28]

Originally Posted By swebb:
Waveland Gun Club.  Its less than a half mile East of the entrance to Shades state park.  
It costs less than $40/yr or $3/visit.  Range is open all year, daylight hours.  The owners live on the property, they are very good people and give little supervision.  

Rifle, pistol, and skeet ranges.

How long is the rifle range?
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 8:17:46 PM EDT
[#29]
who all shoots out at wilbur wright around new castle...im there about every other weekend or so...for soem reason most people seem to be impressed by the power of my 7mm mag...i dont think its THAT powerful...if they think thats nasty, wait till i get a 50 ( at least i think you can shoot 50 out there)
Link Posted: 6/5/2006 2:44:13 AM EDT
[#30]
How long is the rifle range?

Rifle range is 300 yards.  Owner will allow .50 BMG by appointment
Link Posted: 6/21/2006 10:42:55 PM EDT
[#31]
There is a nice range in North Vernon, but it's been a few years since I've been there so that's about all I know.  
they had 25/50/100yrd ranges.
Link Posted: 7/11/2006 12:22:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Silvertip_3] [#32]
Sycamore Valley Gun Club--Freedom Range.  The club is located 1/2 mile south of Freedom, IN in southern Owen County.  Membership is a little steep by other standards because were about 5 years paid on a 15 year mortgage.  (We had to buy land after a certain unnamed university official had us removed from the local campus.  Same said official later fired a knightly champion coach.)  Dues are $200/yr for the foundation and $50/yr for the gun club. (Gun club dues are $100 the first year.)  All club members must also be NRA members.  We have a 50/100 yard rifle range, a 200 yard rifle range, and a 25 yard pistol range.  We are in the process of building a trap range for informal shotgunning.  (No leagues, etc.)  Here's our website:                      

www.svgc.org/

Edited for link.
Link Posted: 8/8/2006 12:00:47 AM EDT
[#33]
I have a guy who I work with tells me of a range called "Bassandbuck" in Wabash. Supposdedly has a range up to 1000 yards. I have heard noise about this place before but nothing concrete.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2006 2:46:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Young's Longshot in Woodruff, IN  (1000 yards - no 50 BMG or MGs).  They will supposedly allow 338 Lapua, 408 CheyTac and 416 Barrett...

http://www.geocities.com/youngsrange/

Midwest Gun and Range in Elkhart, IN (indoor only, good variety of full-autos to rent, friendly staff)
http://www.midwestgunandrange.com

Wish there was a longer rifle range or one that allows 50 BMG closer to Elkhart
Link Posted: 9/20/2006 12:14:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Hey all I'm currently here at Purdue and was told about Linden Conservation Club.  I can't find any info about it or where it is.  I just know it's somewhere off 231.  Any info would be great like club dues, range quality, etc etc.  Thanks
Link Posted: 9/25/2006 6:33:47 PM EDT
[#36]

Originally Posted By tnek:
I have a guy who I work with tells me of a range called "Bassandbuck" in Wabash. Supposdedly has a range up to 1000 yards. I have heard noise about this place before but nothing concrete.  

Yeah...I've been there but I have not shot there yet. I talked with the owner, he is avery friendly guy. The 1K range is actually 970 yards and it's only one lane. It costs $10 an hour to shoot there. He said yearly dues are going to run $200, I thought that was kinda steep for what you get.
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 10:38:25 PM EDT
[#37]

Originally Posted By NightCap:
Chesterton Indiana has a Range Masters I do not know the # off hand but it is not to far from lake county where I know must of you are from. Also its a state of the art range the same one the FBI uses cost 800,000 and sucks all the air out and replaces it every 80 seconds. you can shoot everything even 50 cal bmg rifle if you want. They also have some fully automatic HK mp5sd and a reguler machine gun you can rent I think the price is  $75 includes hour range fee, 100 bullets, gun rentel,  I would like to add that a few days ago I went there to shoot and was not happy at all it was so fucking cold i could not even take off my coat. My thoughts are this I understand it is always putting new air into the room which is great but if you are going to spend 800,000 dollars you could put some heat on as well.

Range Master Outfitters Incorporated
(219) 921-0488
rangemasteroutfitters.com
1505 S Calumet Rd
Chesterton, IN 46304
Link Posted: 10/8/2006 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#38]
hoosiergc
Where is the Fort Wayne Rifle and Revolver club? I live near Wallen Complex and I'm looking for a private range near by to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#39]
years ago there was a range near the college in bloomington indiana.

now that I'm back to re-educate myself to get a better job-the range is closed down.  Are there any ranges near bloomington that I can shoot at.  The only range they say is in the area is in Freedom IN on 231

Link Posted: 11/4/2006 8:09:58 PM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By robos:
years ago there was a range near the college in bloomington indiana.

now that I'm back to re-educate myself to get a better job-the range is closed down.  Are there any ranges near bloomington that I can shoot at.  The only range they say is in the area is in Freedom IN on 231

See my post about seven above this one.  The Sycamore Valley Gun Club is the one that used to operate on I.U. ground.  That's the one which had to move to Freedom.  You'll never see another range in Bloomington/Monroe County.  Those folks are too liberal to allow that to happen.  Last I heard, all their police departments (city, county, and campus) have to go out of the county to practice and qualify.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#41]

Originally Posted By Kombayotch:

Originally Posted By NightCap:

(219) 921-0488
1505 S Calumet Rd
Chesterton, IN 46304

Seems as if they are out of business?  I called that number and got a wrong number (and who said they are out of business), and the numbers listed on the website don't work...give fax tones after like 6 rings?

Is this true?  I really liked their range.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 1:37:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1300rider] [#42]
height=8
Originally Posted By Chris530:
Hey all I'm currently here at Purdue and was told about Linden Conservation Club.  I can't find any info about it or where it is.  I just know it's somewhere off 231.  Any info would be great like club dues, range quality, etc etc.  Thanks

I am not positive on the address, however it is on US 231 S about 1mile past Romney, when traveling from Lafayette, there is a sign on the left I think it is the second road past Romney…Ok so I should check my wallet the address is 611E 1300S Romney, In 47981, and there Phone # is 765-538-2121.  Also membership is $50 per year, and can be bought at Lafayette Guns And Gear Inc.
www.lafayettegunsandgear.com

Oh and the range has 1- 100yard range, 1 – 50 yard range, 2 – 25yard ranges (they should have the second one done now), 2 – trap houses, and a club house, as well as fishing ponds.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2007 7:36:16 PM EDT
[#43]
height=8

I jsut wanted to clear something up.  Eagle Creek allowed centerfire rifles for about 2 weeks last year (when TML posted this).  That unfortunately did not last.  It is pistol and shotgun calibers only now as it was before.  It was the higher-up's (as in higher than Steve) decision to put an end to that.  So please do not go out there thinking that centerfire rifles are still allowed there.  Pistol cal carbines are A-okay though.
Link Posted: 3/22/2007 11:05:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mpholic] [#44]
height=8
Originally Posted By epsylum:
height=8

I jsut wanted to clear something up.  Eagle Creek allowed centerfire rifles for about 2 weeks last year (when TML posted this).  That unfortunately did not last.  It is pistol and shotgun calibers only now as it was before.  It was the higher-up's (as in higher than Steve) decision to put an end to that.  So please do not go out there thinking that centerfire rifles are still allowed there.  Pistol cal carbines are A-okay though.

Hours and prices have changed too.

Saturday and Sunday 10AM to 4PM

Single day 15.00
10 visit pass 65.00
Link Posted: 3/22/2007 5:09:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Brookville Reservoir Range:

From Indy, East side on 465.  Head East on Hwy 52 to Rushville.  In Rushville get on Hwy 44 East adn drive to COnnersville.  In Connersville, go through town until you come to Hwy 1 (Vine Street).  Go right, SOuth on Hwy 1.  drive a short distance and look for Brown info sign for Quakertown Wildife area or park or whatever it is called.

You will turn left or East on East Alquina Road when you see that sign, you won't be on Hwy 1 very long beofre you see it, on the edge of town.  Drive until you see the sign for Quakertown entrance, on your right, turn into the park entrance.  pay park fee or use your annual state park pass.  Drive bakc to range.  Range fee is $2.

Winter hours are W-F 8-3:30pm  Sat and Sun 9:30 to 5:00pm.  Range officer must be present.  Call for info.  if after hours press option #5.

P.O. Box 100
Brookville, IN 47012
(765) 647-2657
(765) 647-2658

Link Posted: 4/3/2007 7:29:24 PM EDT
[#46]
I don't think anyone has mentioned

Flat Creek Range
3217 Olympia Drive
Lafayette, IN

I've been there but haven't shot there yet.
Its just off of Concord Road pretty close to 350

On the website it has the prices and directions.

http://www.flatcreekrange.com/index.html
Link Posted: 4/4/2007 9:41:40 PM EDT
[#47]
height=8
Originally Posted By silascobb:
(219) 921-0488
1505 S Calumet Rd
Chesterton, IN 46304

Seems as if they are out of business?  I called that number and got a wrong number (and who said they are out of business), and the numbers listed on the website don't work...give fax tones after like 6 rings?

Is this true?  I really liked their range.

Yes.  They closed up shop - by in large because they had Bass Pro prices withous Bass Pro volume...

Kingsbury F&W in LaPorte/Kingsford Hights is a nice covered outdoor range.  Pistol, 25, 50, 75, 100yds (150?) max tho.  No BMG.  $4/day

Shotgun & Archery too.
Link Posted: 5/15/2007 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#48]
height=8
Originally Posted By 762minigun2:
Camp Atturbury

Crosley   Range

Martinsville conservation club

Work on location addresses later

There's a range in Martinsville?  Please let me know!
Link Posted: 5/15/2007 7:33:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Near Terra Haute in Riley IN there is a great range (Riley Conservation Club) with $60/year membership and competitions every weekend including Wabash Valley Practical Pistol competitions.  Sadly the range may be closing due to bank wanting to sell land, dunno yet.

Really nice rules and ranges from 50-240 with not many of the usual restrictions.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2007 10:37:20 AM EDT
[#50]
height=8
Originally Posted By techres:
Near Terra Haute in Riley IN there is a great range (Riley Conservation Club) with $60/year membership and competitions every weekend including Wabash Valley Practical Pistol competitions.  Sadly the range may be closing due to bank wanting to sell land, dunno yet.

Really nice rules and ranges from 50-240 with not many of the usual restrictions.  

That's very sad if it happens. Riley is a great range. Still, the saddest day was when Sycamore Valley's magnificent range in Bloomington was demolished right out from under them by Myles Brand.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Ranges (Page 1 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top