Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2006 8:50:12 AM EDT
OGC has made some changes and I may want to spend the $300 per target or so to pick up some steel for use at the range.

Mark
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:47:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:06:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I think Sully's targets are a lot nicer than $300 (like x3)
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:51:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know what his targets are like but I've had great service from Law Enforcement Targets out of St. Paul for paper stuff and they also sell steel targets.
www.letargets.com/html/steel.html

Someone told me a while back that this place out of Vegas was good as well but I have no personal experience with them.

www.lvsteeltargets.com/
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:14:53 PM EDT
[#4]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=501177

I would personally stay away from targets that swing from the bottom or are not angled down.

I have a fear that swing from the bottom targets could deflect a bullet up and out of the berm instead of down and into the ground.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 1:53:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
 They're allowing STEEL targets at OGC now?  

During "Member Only" hours and with the steel positioned back by the berm.

I am only looking at angled targets.

Not sure the LE Targets have what I am looking for..still looking

What do you think about www.steeltargets.net or www.mgmtargets.com

Rifle and Pistol or Pistol Only?  What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:52:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I don't know what his targets are like but I've had great service from Law Enforcement Targets out of St. Paul for paper stuff and they also sell steel targets.
www.letargets.com/html/steel.html

Someone told me a while back that this place out of Vegas was good as well but I have no personal experience with them.

www.lvsteeltargets.com/

LE targets is based out of St. Paul, and is easy to find. We did some business with a place on the same block a while back. Always prefer to support local people. I have also seen their logo on some of Sully's paper stuff, so I know he uses some of their stuff. The best part is you can pick your stuff up, and don't have to pay shipping on some large, heavy pieces of steel. When I get around to purchasing some steel, I plan to buy from these guys.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:46:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Rifle and Pistol or Pistol Only?  What do you guys think?

Why would you buy steel that wasn't rifle capable?

I have some of letargets.com SP HV targets.  I've been happy with them so far. I've hit them with everything up to .308 and haven't hurt them any.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:02:59 PM EDT
[#8]
i have schooling in metalurgy and i just make my own. any tech school that has a welding program will have a class. comes in real handy! also takes some trial and error but thats the fun part. i have some neat fmj scars to prove it. damn is that some sharp stuff.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:22:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Any fab shop can make up some targets. Just make sure to use some sort of AR plate.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:39:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I have hung up steel on the 200 at OGC, members only hours of course.  OGC is very misunderstood, it really is 2 gun ranges, members only time and public time.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#11]

mgobel

don't take this the wrong way, but why don't you just ask sully rather than post this here.

big a
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:04:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Because I always look to multiple sources before I buy anything and this forum always has good suggestions.    

Now if I were looking for a Glock "Beaver Tail", I would know exactly who to ask!

Mark
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:07:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 11:06:00 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
So says the handgunless putz of a mod.  

I thought you traded in your Colt for a Gee-lock 17?  Now nothing?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 12:29:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Because I always look to multiple sources before I buy anything and this forum always has good suggestions.    

Now if I were looking for a Glock "Beaver Tail", I would know exactly who to ask!

Mark

Or an overpriced 1911...
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:56:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Mark

please tell me where to get a beavertail for my glock.  i really need one. you know I meant no offense, as a result I take no offense.  That pendleton guy is another story all together
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:57:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mark

Or an overpriced 1911...

never bought an overpriced 1911 so I can't help you
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:13:01 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
That pendleton guy is another story all together

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:29:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:12:40 AM EDT
[#20]
does LEtargets.com have a store I can enter and buy from?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:54:29 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
does LEtargets.com have a store I can enter and buy from?

It's not really a store front, more like a warehouse/will call desk.  They have no problem with pickups, and are happy to show you product, but I don't know if they'd be able to pull it for you immediately.  Call and ask.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top