Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2006 6:02:57 AM EDT
In the past I've bought steel targets from the name brand companies or fabricated my own stuff. I'm considering buying some more steel in the spring after my range renovations are done this fall and thought I'd start doing some research now. I have no problem going to a smaller volume company as long as the product is of good quality. A lot of the bookmarks I've collected over the years for manufacturers of steel stuff are now dead links for whatever reason...any of you have local manufacturers of steel reactive targets that you can pass along links to and vouch that their product is good?
Link Posted: 9/20/2006 6:05:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Larue
Link Posted: 9/20/2006 6:08:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Larue

Yeah, I've gotten their flyers; even at FFL prices they are out of my price range.
Link Posted: 9/20/2006 6:36:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I purchased the larger gong last year and have no complaints with it. It'll take  high velocity FMJ at 100 yds no problem and pistol rounds at any distance. I've shot out to 400 yds and have been able to see hits very clearly.
Don't bother with the companys target stand for this one though,  save a few bucks and use two 2x4's with holes drilled in the center and it works great.

Link

Link Posted: 9/20/2006 6:41:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Might try these guys.

www.saluteproducts.com/cascades/
Link Posted: 9/20/2006 7:08:32 AM EDT
[#5]
tc556guy

These look pretty decent

http://www.arntzentargets.com/products.htm
Link Posted: 9/20/2006 8:44:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/20/2006 10:02:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Link
i9.tinypic.com/2mh8y07.jpg

I'll also vouch for these guys. I bought one of the larger rifle rated AR500 gongs,which has performed very well with rifles up to 30/06,even at 100yds. Hits are loud,and the gongs move easily. They use very heavy duty frames.
I did a pick-up order at their house,and met the owner and his wife. Nice folks.

Link Posted: 9/20/2006 10:13:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Carey's Central.com/ Action Target.

Good stuff.
Link Posted: 9/20/2006 10:42:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Some very good targets:

www.mgmtargets.com/index.php
Link Posted: 9/20/2006 10:44:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
In the past I've bought steel targets from the name brand companies or fabricated my own stuff. I'm considering buying some more steel in the spring after my range renovations are done this fall and thought I'd start doing some research now. I have no problem going to a smaller volume company as long as the product is of good quality. A lot of the bookmarks I've collected over the years for manufacturers of steel stuff are now dead links for whatever reason...any of you have local manufacturers of steel reactive targets that you can pass along links to and vouch that their product is good?

You might want to call up Blackwater and see what they can do for you. They manufacture their own target stuff, and it is good stuff.

I dunno about their prices.
Link Posted: 9/20/2006 10:49:17 AM EDT
[#11]
I bought some stuff from The Metal Man in Tucson, Az. All of my plates ave held up and are doing great after thousands of rounds through them. There is on hole from a steel core 30-06 at about 20 yds. I highly reccomend their stuff.

Ziess
Link Posted: 9/20/2006 11:05:29 AM EDT
[#12]
lvsteeltargets.com/main.htm  Try these they are great
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top