ME I love it........
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#1]
thats my christmas right?
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 2:41:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
thats my christmas right?

Well I bought it for myself for christmas but if you ever make it to my area and want to shoot I could probably spare a few boxes  ............................... I was down to 2k of wolf and was starting to get nervous I could run out of blasting ammo so I had to make a move......

Ups guy gives me dirty looks every time I see him
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 2:54:19 PM EDT
[#3]
ups man thinks your one of those bad bad un-balanced militia guys that he hears about on a rerun of politically incorrect. i personally have never had the problem of a low 2000 rnd cache. maybe if i could ever get my credit cards paid off i could shoot more often but untill the i just fondle my babys.thanks for the offer though acman
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 2:57:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Nothin wrong with that gift to yourself....cept they're HP's....HP's dig into the tower on my cmag because its composite and chews it up, FMJ's for me....incase you feel like gettin yer little buddy a similiar gift!
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 3:01:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish that was 7.62x39mm for me. I'm low on that.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 3:08:21 PM EDT
[#6]
who'd your order from and whats the price, I need some 556 and 762x39, my ups drive likes me, he a gun nut too he just finished building an fal and he's got several variations of the DSA 58s.

I need ammo bad, I'm down to 2k of 556 and 200rnds of ak fodder even my 22lr is next to nil, damn I'm in bad shape.

MLW
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 3:32:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I wish that was 7.62x39mm for me. I'm low on that.

Sportsman guide has it in stock.......givem the CC number ........

Ndenway
who'd your order from and whats the price, I need some 556 and 762x39, my ups drive likes me, he a gun nut too he just finished building an fal and he's got several variations of the DSA 58s.

I need ammo bad, I'm down to 2k of 556 and 200rnds of ak fodder even my 22lr is next to nil, damn I'm in bad shape.

MLW

Sportsmans Guide with the membership I can buy it from them cheaper than wholesale unless I buy it in a 18wheler load.......or I  just don't have the right distributors
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 3:40:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I gotta get a membership there I guess, none of the old places want to give bulk discounts anymore, a couple of them won't even give a break on S&H for large orders of ammo, I don't know if its the shortage on wolf ammo or what?

MLW
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 3:59:56 PM EDT
[#9]
doubletap
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 4:18:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I gotta get a membership there I guess, none of the old places want to give bulk discounts anymore, a couple of them won't even give a break on S&H for large orders of ammo, I don't know if its the shortage on wolf ammo or what?

MLW

I think fuel prices have affected the cost of everything .........You also have to add in the coupons too I used a 20 coupon on this order which covered the shipping ........the coupons are listed in the ammo forum here and I have a link saved somewhere that gives you the current ones.....

The whole "ammo shortage" thing I think is a bunch of I can get any kind of ammmo.....it's all a matter of what you want to pay ...... I've got some xm193 stored up ..........but to be honest after the quality of the last I received I wasn't impressed to say the least...........it wasn't PD either it was boxed xm193"good stuff" acording to the purest............ Me I like to keep quite a bit of  varmint type ammo arround also ........ something that get's nasty when it go's in.............

I've done quite a bit of my own testing......much like the box o truth type stuff......... and I'm not one of the true beleivers of everthing that's spewed around hear about ammo........ I use it and see what it does first hand.....
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 4:22:09 PM EDT
[#11]
My dad is a member there, its nice gettin the $10 bucks or so off ammo and alot of times they send you a $10 off coupon on your next purchase of $100 bucks or more as well.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 4:34:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
My dad is a member there, its nice gettin the $10 bucks or so off ammo and alot of times they send you a $10 off coupon on your next purchase of $100 bucks or more as well.

Just so you know their are always coupons available they increase depending on your order amount............... usually covers shipping
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 4:34:39 PM EDT
[#13]
every bullet I use for hunting and carry has been tested out for it performance on living flesh and blood, I like to know before hand if I'm going to need to run or not, I know all ammo is availiable, its just that wolf is getting to where its not to affordable as a plinking ammo, I may have to take up loading 223 and 762 russian ammo next.

MLW
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 4:58:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Reloading.....no way I'll do that for the AR and Mak90...too much of a pain keepin up with the brass.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 5:03:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Reloading.....no way I'll do that for the AR and Mak90...too much of a pain keepin up with the brass.

well lake city 556 brass is like $15 bucks a k, don't know about the russian, the only brass cased ammo I ever seen was the pmc and winny stuff and it was fairly expensive.

MLW
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 5:24:25 PM EDT
[#16]
I have never had a problem with Wolf.  I shoot 62 gr. FMJ and have never had a misfire or case hung in the chamber.  Bear, on the other hand, is SHIT!  My only gripe with Wolf ammo is that it has to be the DIRTIEST ammo I have ever fired.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 5:56:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I have never had a problem with Wolf.  I shoot 62 gr. FMJ and have never had a misfire or case hung in the chamber.  Bear, on the other hand, is SHIT!  My only gripe with Wolf ammo is that it has to be the DIRTIEST ammo I have ever fired.

very true. possibly do to the russian's hygiene.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 6:17:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

well lake city 556 brass is like $15 bucks a k, don't know about the russian, the only brass cased ammo I ever seen was the pmc and winny stuff and it was fairly expensive.

MLW

mind sending me a linky to that ........I might reload a little blasting ammo if I could buy brass for that price........

the wolf cost 313.41 after coupons and club discount

The riseing cost of 762*39 has really slowed down my rush for an ak .......
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 6:28:47 PM EDT
[#19]
its advertized in this weeks flyer, midwayusa.com, they had 40s&w for $16 and some other stuff, had winny 55gr 223 bullets for 4.50/100, thats the best deal I found on brass.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 6:36:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
its advertized in this weeks flyer, midwayusa.com, they had 40s&w for $16 and some other stuff, had winny 55gr 223 bullets for 4.50/100, thats the best deal I found on brass.

Have I got a deal for you.....you make it, I'll help ya shoot it little buddy!
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 6:52:20 PM EDT
[#21]
hey Rat I'm gonna get right on this

MLW
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
hey Rat I'm gonna get right on this

MLW

Get on it already! I'll be calling you later to see if you're still workin on it tonight! hahaha
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 7:13:07 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm going to do some more looking on their sight but all I can find is 50 for a k or 100 fr 2500

if you can get it for 15 a 1000  with the primers done ............. I would take 4k in a heartbeat

the stuff I'm looking at has already had the primer work done.......... if the primer work aint done.....I'm not so interested since I have about 3-4 k of that already ........
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 7:23:18 PM EDT
[#24]
This is probably gonna get my ass flamed big time, but you have to be friggin' nuts to shoot steel cased ammo out of a good US made rifle. That sh*t is made for looser tolerances in the Comblock made weapons. Great for AKs but it will be big time trouble if you fire enough at one time and it seizes in the chamber.
I've shot the Wolf 62 gr out of a Mini14 and it worked OK - but sparked like hell on ejecting the cartridge. And some Chinese steel 308 years ago out of one of my M1As. But the only steel cased ammo I will shoot NOW is the 7.62x39 out of an AK.
The last 5.56 I bought was the surplus 62 green tip from Natchez for $208 per thousand deliivered - got two thousand! But if you guys need the extra shells cheap because you ain't that accurate to begin with, who am I to condemn Wolf ammo?
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 7:26:22 PM EDT
[#25]
no this stuff is once fired lake city GR3 that needs to be sized, deprimed and cleaned.

MLW
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 7:28:46 PM EDT
[#26]
damn wolf haters always ,

MLW
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 7:45:03 PM EDT
[#27]
i was shooting wolf out of a mini-14 a few years back. it was in the middle of summer and after about 100 rnds the steel case expanded and got stuck lol. poor thing was benched for the rest of the day. i only shoot wolf in the ak now
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 7:48:31 PM EDT
[#28]
I know Dan just trying to elicit a tirade outta me.

MLW
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 7:58:04 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
This is probably gonna get my ass flamed big time, but you have to be friggin' nuts to shoot steel cased ammo out of a good US made rifle. That sh*t is made for looser tolerances in the Comblock made weapons. Great for AKs but it will be big time trouble if you fire enough at one time and it seizes in the chamber.
I've shot the Wolf 62 gr out of a Mini14 and it worked OK - but sparked like hell on ejecting the cartridge. And some Chinese steel 308 years ago out of one of my M1As. But the only steel cased ammo I will shoot NOW is the 7.62x39 out of an AK.
The last 5.56 I bought was the surplus 62 green tip from Natchez for $208 per thousand deliivered - got two thousand! But if you guys need the extra shells cheap because you ain't that accurate to begin with, who am I to condemn Wolf ammo?

hater

danc iv' had my car15gery so hot I had to put a glove on so I could hold the VFG fired 1500 rnds (50 loaded mags before I went to the range) threw it in a pretty short period of time in the summer
if that didn't hurt it I'm not real concerned .....

The gun's only had 1 failure to feed in over 4k and best I could tell that was mag related one that I've had for 17 yrs and was a well used (usgi mag) when I got it ......... not to mention I've seen/think its on video rat doing a beta mag dump and his finger is a c-nt hair slower than full auto(that's no exageration for the new guys who haven't seen it/ it's a wonder the ATF doesn't make him register his finger )

It's not like were running this shit through our varmint guns looking for precision.......

for blasting ammo you cant beat it since it will hold MOB out to at least 150 and probably even farther for the guys who do their part........        that's just happens to be as far as I've shot it.........

I can't see paying twice the ammount for practice ammo from contact to 150 ymmv

Btw I've shot at least 4k myself  not counting what others have run threw it........ with the money I've saved roughly 400 I can buy a new barrel and bolt and 1k of wolf by the time I burn this barrel out I will have saved enough to buy a whole new gun so don't be a hater please tell me how my thinking is flawed when you look at the cost saveings
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 5:12:35 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
not to mention I've seen/think its on video rat doing a beta mag dump and his finger is a c-nt hair slower than full auto(that's no exageration for the new guys who haven't seen it/ it's a wonder the ATF doesn't make him register his finger )

I have a license to carry this finger.....its been known to cause multiple "oh god" situations with women 18 to 80 blind crippled and crazy.

And acman, I took it easy when I tried out your AR when I ran a clip through it to check out the front pistol grip ya got!
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 11:59:28 AM EDT
[#31]
I like wolf in both 223 and 7.62x39.  I have a many many case of it,  especially the 7.62x39
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 2:43:11 PM EDT
[#32]
There's quantity of shooting and QUALITY of shooting. I can't keep up with you guys on the ammo blasting - especially Rat! That ain't no BS, his trigger finger is definitely as quick or quicker than  FA in select fire!
ACman, that RRA I built with your lower is so friggin' accurate it scares me! On the Cimarron, we were half ass loaded on home made sandplum wine and apricot brandy and hitting a 3" pipe at 200 yds almost every time we pulled the tirgger -  using the green tip I bought. Killing that pipe 25 or more times myself, plus George doing it another 50 or so, was enough to satisfy me.
I do have to admit I've dumped more mags out of the AKs I built this year than any other time in my life. Just testing for function. Once I determine they'll run as quick as I can pull the trigger, it is time for just accuracy!
I just ain't crazy about running steel cased ammo out of an AR or M14 type action. If it works for you, great! Me, I just ain't that lucky!
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 3:49:59 PM EDT
[#33]
hey acman I toldja wrong on the price and brand of that brass, it was remington brass and it was  $22.50/k, you had to buy $89.99/4000 pieces to get that price, and I thought it was a recent flier but it turned out to be from aug., their lastest dec. flier has it listed for the $89.99/2500 and the win 55gr fmj for $65/2000.

I've fired a shit load of the wolf through both my 15s and I've only had one stick in the chamber, have had four blown primers with the 62gr. stuff though, my A2 bushy got over 14 cases of the stuff through it and its still going strong so it can't be that bad for longivity on the barrel, extractors or chambers on them.

MLW
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 3:57:59 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
There's quantity of shooting and QUALITY of shooting.
I've never shot my carbines trying for accuracy/"QUALITY" .................difrent strokes for diffrent fokes.........but just by chance I think after a few more test's my mini 14 will prove to be more acurate with wolf 62hp than anything other than handloads I've read several times from other folks the 62 shoot's well in their ar's too must be the bullet/velocity combo i'm no expert but I know from handloading change the velocity with the same bullet you get diffrent results..........not to mention any trigger time is good trigger time

I can't keep up with you guys on the ammo blasting - especially Rat! That ain't no BS, his trigger finger is definitely as quick or quicker than  FA in select fire!
ACman, that RRA I built with your lower is so friggin' accurate it scares me! Its all in the lower
On the Cimarron, we were half ass loaded on home made sandplum wine and apricot brandy and hitting a 3" pipe at 200 yds almost every time we pulled the tirgger -  using the green tip I bought. Killing that pipe 25 or more times myself, plus George doing it another 50 or so, was enough to satisfy me.
I do have to admit I've dumped more mags out of the AKs I built this year than any other time in my life. Just testing for function. Once I determine they'll run as quick as I can pull the trigger, it is time for just accuracy!  Now that has to be the craziest thing you have ever typed.....your ak's are probably about as accurate as my mini14

I just ain't crazy about running steel cased ammo out of an AR or M14 type action. If it works for you, great! Me, I just ain't that lucky!

I might could buy into the steel case thing if it wasn't for the fact it's been posted numerous times I beleive someone"metal dude" even had one analyzed and the steel that they use is cheap"soft steel" no where neer hard enough to hurt barrel steel.......i'm not a metalurgist or anything but if it was false info....I'm sure some hater would have posted something to the contrary........

Have you ever seen an AR or M14 type action hurt in any way......

I know your just hateing wolf to push me and nden buttons.........otherwise why would you shoot it in your ak IF your looking for "QUALITY/ACCURACY" your words not mine

Link Posted: 12/8/2005 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I know your just hateing wolf to push me and nden buttons.........otherwise why would you shoot it in your ak IF your looking for "QUALITY/ACCURACY" your words not mine

Dans pushin buttons....--..-..<....-+>...,.,,.,,.----, I shoot it cause I like it, but here lately I havn't had the cash to do much shooting.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 4:22:59 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Have you ever seen an AR or M14 type action hurt in any way......

Seen a 9mm AR screwed up by steel cased ammo - stuck case.. As far as an M14 type action, seen several slam fires and the results on Garands, not related to the ammo. Nothing that couldn't be fixed with a little trouble, no major blowouts or anything. The brass cases are eaiser on the extractors and ejectors - being the biggest reason I dislike steel cased ammo in American guns.
If you've ever had to change out the extractor on an M14 bolt, you'd know EXACTLY what I am talking about!
As far as the AK, they ain't that accurate I will admit. I've built several and I need to find the most accurate one to carry as a "truck gun". And I've been shooting nothing but the cheapest steel cased sh*t I can find in the AKs. But I AIN'T gonna shoot anymore steel cartridges out of my ARs, M1As, Mini14, or any handgun.
I don't hate Wolf for 7.62x39 - it is one of the best! As far as accuracy in the AKs, I clearly want to define how accurate they are, what I can or CAN'T do with the rifles. And you of all people, clearly understand what I mean by that statement! Big difference in a 3"  group  and 10" group at 100 yds if I happen onto Bigfoot !
And do you honestly think I would try to push your buttons?
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 1:34:24 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Big difference in a 3"  group  and 10" group at 100 yds if I happen onto Bigfoot !

eh! 100yrds, no problem, I carry extra mags for a reason, hell if I come across ole Bigfoot out in this cold I kill'em with one finger, my hands are so cold, that when biggy grabs me, I'd just jam my finger in her ass and freeze'er to death.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 4:58:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Thank you Dan for the kind words about my finger!
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 6:36:22 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Thank you Dan for the kind words about my finger!

you thank him for the comments about your finger but not the ones about your ass, guess that speaks of the duality of specifics.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 11:15:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Rat, all I can tell you don't turn you back on anyone at the range next time. Bending over might give you one hell of a surprise!

Link Posted: 12/9/2005 4:45:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Rat, all I can tell you don't turn you back on anyone at the range next time. Bending over might give you one hell of a surprise!

I may be small but I ain't afraid of none of you old dudes! I can hold my own.......
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 4:40:55 AM EDT
[#42]
hell I can hold my own too, but its a lot funner to have a chick hold it.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 5:04:05 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
hell I can hold my own too, but its a lot funner to have acman hold it.

MLW>"<

Oh yeah, like anyone in thier right mind is gonna mess you....sheesh....they'd have to be feelin pretty damn good about thierselves I'm thinkin to do somethin crazy like that!
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 5:12:04 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
hell I can hold my own too, but its a lot funner to have a chick hold it.

MLW>"<

Oh yeah, like anyone in thier right mind is gonna mess you....sheesh....they'd have to be feelin pretty damn good about thierselves I'm thinkin to do somethin crazy like that!

let me just change that one bit back, it didn't look right the way you put it.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 5:22:38 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
hell I can hold my own too, but its a lot funner to have acman dressed in his bunny outfit holding it.

MLW>"<

MLW>"<

You're right, that fits better! hahahaha
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 6:00:31 AM EDT
[#46]
wolf=  pro= always pop/ con= under power, not very accurate, extremely dirty!!! ( nothing carb cleanner can`t cut ) ,and if the wind is not blowing the stink will make you . for the price of a 1000 rd I can buy 8lb of pulldown and reload 2000rd I know its a little work  but for me its worth it.  2cents
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 6:08:34 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
hell I can hold my own too, but its a lot funner to have acman dressed in his bunny outfit holding it.

MLW>"<

MLW>"<

Ok their's pics of you takeing it from a deer on the net ........and your gonna try to pawn the homo shit off on me.........I think not ......
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 6:09:42 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

MLW>"<

MLW>"<

Ok their's pics of you takeing it from a deer on the net ........and your gonna try to pawn the homo shit off on me.........I think not ......

You can't prove thats me!
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 6:18:47 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
wolf=  pro= always pop/ con= under power, not very accurate, extremely dirty!!! ( nothing carb cleanner can`t cut ) ,and if the wind is not blowing the stink will make you . for the price of a 1000 rd I can buy 8lb of pulldown and reload 2000rd I know its a little work  but for me its worth it.  2cents

Seriously you can buy all the compnents and load 2k for a 104 bucks.....

I have a dillon press and crank out some good ammo but I haven't found the deals that you guys talk about on  powder primers bullets and brass ........ I'm not saying their not out their but I'd sure like to buys some at that price.....i need to start looking for cheaper reloading components..
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 7:31:08 AM EDT
[#50]
I have a RCBS and the cost of power  is what 89.00dollars for 8 lb and you can fine good deal on bullit if you buy in bulk just shop around but I save all my brass because I do buy factory load from time to time ,primer is the biggist cost , I used cci 450 . The deal is working up your loads for your weapon and finding the right charge for that rifle . I never load to factory spc and your accuracy will increase 100% . Now don`t get me worng I`m try to start a flame I do let my son shoot wolf because all he wants to do bump and dump mags,and he can shoot all the wolf he want too,he hate cleaning afterward.( to bad for him) The cost in supply seam alot at first but after your stock up you be suprise in the cost in reloading can save you money .Just get on some supplyer mailing list and you will get the best deal first. I have about 6500 193 ball rd that need to be cleaned and I have maybe $350 invested .   You  just got to call and barder and the more you do the better the deal get .  ar_daddy  ps  wolf rg GOD they STINK!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top