Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 7:33:47 AM EDT
[#1]
isn't that pull down powder wcc835?, and cost like $40 a jug, and isn't the hazzardous mat. fee $20, but is good for up to 8 jugs?

it'd be a good deal but you'd have to buy at least 4 jugs of the stuff to make it worth it, theres a chinese co. selling 55grfmj bullets for like $45/k + S&H, which would put it about what the win. 55gr fmjs are at midway, if midway put the rem. brass back on sale for $90 for 4k pieces I'm gonna buy some and a set of dies and give my had at loading 223, the price of wolf is the only reason thats kept me from loading for it, I couldn't find a way to buy components cheaper that I could buy a cases of loaded wolf for.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 7:52:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I buy 844 and yes their and $20 haz mat fee but I buy USA gov pull down and if your getting it $40  a jug  WOW $160 and 32lb of powed and a factory load agv  26.0gr per round .wt/oz 437.5 to
grains.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:01:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I buy 844 and yes their and $20 haz mat fee but I buy USA gov pull down and if your getting it $40  a jug  WOW $160 and 32lb of powed and a factory load agv  26.0gr per round .wt/oz 437.5 to
grains

I was with you till the red......
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:11:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
grains

sorry  1 oz = 437.5 grains / so at 26.0 per rounds  so you 437.5div by 26.0 will give 16 rd pre 1oz of power +/- . Here my only concern about wolf power is how much corrosin is going on with all that ammonia based power?
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:18:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
grains.

well I don't realy know if thats the 835 or what powder I seen advertized in shotgun news, there was several different types of pull down stuff starting at $40 on up, they were advertizing as for 556 to 50bmg, as for the numbers you got, thats weight per ounce, isn't there 7000grs/lbs of powder, that'd make like 268 rnds per lbs. for a  26.0gr loading, and 2144 per 8lbs jug.

my math might be off a little give or take.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:22:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
grains

sorry  1 oz = 437.5 grains / so at 26.0 per rounds  so you 437.5div by 26.0 will give 16 rd pre 1oz of power

I'm back with you now  ...........hell I never can remember if it's 6 or 8 k grains to a lb of power ......I guess it's 7.........
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:32:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll dig through the shotgun news mag I got laying around and try to find the ad on the powder and bullets, I think  the chinese bullets come from a distributor in I think anihiem cali. I remember seeing it and thinking that'd be a great deal you could get severl people together and buy the 8 jug case.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:46:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, you young pups can reload all you want. After having done it more years than most of you have been alive, I still think it is cheaper to buy milsurp than reload in certain calibers.
My bench ammo and my hunting ammo are all reloads. I reload a much better round than I can buy so I reload for the shots that REALLY count.
For plinkin' and piddlin', hell, cheap stuff is alright, if it shoots good.
I might have to set my reloading gear back up one of these days. I think I have around enough components, - powder, bullets, and primers - to reload a few thousand 30 cal rounds. Like 308 and 30/06.
But for the 223, it ain't worth the effort.
I gotta correct myself on this. If you are shooting from a semiauto rifle, reloading is not worth the effort. Out of an accurate bolt, reloading is ALWAYS worth the effort.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 10:48:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Lets see, beer can full of water at 200yd useing factory loads in my autoloader 3 or 4 rd hit can/ my reloads in autoloader same distance one shot one dead can , its worth the effort for me and do get the accuracy too.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 11:25:02 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Well, you young pups can reload all you want. After having done it more years than most of you have been alive, I still think it is cheaper to buy milsurp than reload in certain calibers.
My bench ammo and my hunting ammo are all reloads. I reload a much better round than I can buy so I reload for the shots that REALLY count.
For plinkin' and piddlin', hell, cheap stuff is alright, if it shoots good.
I might have to set my reloading gear back up one of these days. I think I have around enough components, - powder, bullets, and primers - to reload a few thousand 30 cal rounds. Like 308 and 30/06.
I gotta correct myself on this. If you are shooting from a semiauto rifle, reloading is not worth the effort. Out of an accurate bolt, reloading is ALWAYS worth the effort.

best I could tell that was the case when i started reloading 12~ years ago........but if i could buy everthing and reload 2k for a 100 bucks i'd invest the time with my press I can crankem out pretty fast
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 11:50:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Reloading 223

Bullet .035 55 gr FMJBT M193 bullet
Primer .015
Powder .029  2240 rds in 8 lbs AA2230C
total .079

7.9 cents per round

$79 per thousand

I'm loading on a Dillon 550 and it cranks them out, but with rifle cases you have to trim the brass, and that's a lot of work, it's a pain in the arse, maybe one day I can afford a Giraud trimmer which would take care of that problem, but they are expensive!

After all that, I shoot Wolf in my knock around AR, but that's strictly plinking, my good varmint model is the one I reload for.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 3:17:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
For plinkin' and piddlin', hell, Wolf is great, cause it shoots good.

i agree Dan!
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 4:36:09 PM EDT
[#13]
What Wingman said about reloading for his varmint rig is alright. I never did much better  in accuracy reloading for my semis, including M1A NM, M1 Garand NM, and a Colt Elite.
But I've always done better for bolts!
And I lied about the Wolf ammo. I don't have 3500 rds in 7.62x39. More like 5000!
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Reloading 223

Bullet .035 55 gr FMJBT M193 bullet
Primer .015
Powder .029  2240 rds in 8 lbs AA2230C
total .079

7.9 cents per round

$79 per thousand

I'm loading on a Dillon 550 and it cranks them out, but with rifle cases you have to trim the brass, and that's a lot of work, it's a pain in the arse, maybe one day I can afford a Giraud trimmer which would take care of that problem, but they are expensive!

After all that, I shoot Wolf in my knock around AR, but that's strictly plinking, my good varmint model is the one I reload for.

See that's closer to what I've always come up with ...........not to mention the pain in the arse of picking up 4-8 hundred rnds after you've been playing war
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 5:59:50 PM EDT
[#15]
man I've never been able to get the numbers below $90 bucks, not including brass, even blasting ammo for my 308 its cheaper to buy surplus, I can't buy powder alone to load 500rnds cheaper than buying the india made surplus stuff.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 6:02:47 PM EDT
[#16]
i use a 550 too.......good machine
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 6:08:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
man I've never been able to get the numbers below $90 bucks, not including brass, even blasting ammo for my 308 its cheaper to buy surplus, I can't buy powder alone to load 500rnds cheaper than buying the india made surplus stuff.

MLW>"<

when you blow up the 10 I want pics

i always wonder how many of these accounts are true
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 6:13:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

MLW>"<

beats me, I've fired 3k of the stuff and I'm on my fourth now.
no problems besides one blown primer after I left the ammo out in the sun.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 7:53:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

MLW>"<

Surplus stuff is the way to go, unless yer doin precision shootin n stuff. Shouldn't have anything to worry about.....thats just me though and all I shoot is surplus stuff through my Mak and my AR, so I ain't skeered.

beats me, I've fired 3k of the stuff and I'm on my fourth now.
no problems besides one blown primer after I left the ammo out in the sun.

MLW>"<

Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:46:55 PM EDT
[#20]
bump cause I love it.............Just finished loading 19 mag's to test my little girl's rifle with........
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 7:43:29 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
bump cause I love it.............Just finished loading 19 mag's to test my little girl's rifle with........

man if I loaded 19 mags I'd feel like I needed to empty them real quick like via the ejection port, but alas I've not the ammo to test a rifle that I know would digest it willingly and I'd easily be that much shorter when I actually needed it, you know for like when the shtf hurricane metiorite eotwawki type situation that may take place before  morning.

damn I need to buy somemore ammo soon, I'm gettin scared, can you smell it.
MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:41:55 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

man if I loaded 19 mags I'd feel like I needed to empty them real quick like via the ejection port, but alas I've not the ammo to test a rifle that I know would digest it willingly and I'd easily be that much shorter when I actually needed it, you know for like when the shtf hurricane metiorite eotwawki type situation that may take place before  morning.

damn I need to buy somemore ammo soon, I'm gettin scared, can you smell it.
MLW>"<

I need to buy more ammo soon as well. I think I'll need a couple thousand rounds for the next JTAC shoot! The way it is right now I might have 500 total. Christmas will be over soon....DOH! That would be an excellent Christmas present, 1K rounds of  Wolf 223!! MMMMM BABY! I love the smell of gun powder in the morning! And ndenway, I thought was 1shotts neighbors ceptic I was smellin.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:47:09 PM EDT
[#23]
nope that was just me being frighten'd

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:28:45 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

MLW>"<

Well can't ya take something for that?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 10:02:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Went by Brigadoon's this afternoon. Wolf was $125 per thousand in 7.62x39. 500 rds was $72!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:23:09 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

MLW>"<

well I figure bout 6 cases of 556 and 4 of 762 russian and another k of 308 oughta bout take the fright outta me.

damnit I just look into my mag situation, I need at a min. 100 more 30rnd ar mags and 40 more ak mags.

I'm gonna have to hit the power ball soon.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:36:15 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

MLW>"<

well I figure bout 6 cases of 556 and 4 of 762 russian and another k of 308 oughta bout take the fright outta me.

damnit I just look into my mag situation, I need at a min. 100 more 30rnd ar mags and 40 more ak mags.

I'm gonna have to hit the power ball soon.

MLW>"<

Yeah same here, for my AR I only have 24 - 30 round mags and 2 - 20 round mags and a 100 round drum. And for my Mak 90 I only have 2 - 5 rounders, 8 - 30 rounders and a 75 round drum.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Acman, Rat - Does Wolf make 25 ACP and how does it shoot out of your Ravens?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:22:04 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Breaker breaker 1 - 9, can you say again over?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:20:50 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

hey man raven's have made me several dollars ...........if someone choses it for protection.......well
you know the saying you get what you pay for..................

BTW i know a guy who took 5 out of 6 from a raven lucky for him his ex old lady was shooting through a door.........and his girlfriend was thier to call him an ambulance he damn
near bled out .............while i agree it's a shit caliber......he's damn glad she didn't have something bigger and swears it sucks being shot with one even through a door
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:28:31 AM EDT
[#31]
I worked with this dude named RG couple of years back(I know we're not supposed to post names, but this dude won't mind), well back to the subject, RG and his old lady got into an arguement about her wanting to go home and him not wantin to leave a poker game he was ahead in, well she stomps outta the house and slams the door and RG being the lovin bf he was got up to follow her out and have a word or two with her, but she get to the truck before he makes it to the closed door, she gets his pistola from under the seat and cranks a round through the door......just as he starts to open the said door, get the drift of where this is heading, well the bullet blows through  the door and his chest, she gets in the truck and goes to the house, comes back later and see's all these cops and stuff, gets out and asked what happened, they ask her name, she tells them, they arrest her for killing her lovin bf Robert Green(in death we have a name and his was Robert Green), I wasn't there so I couldn't vouch as to what really happened, but I got the story from another dude that I worked with that was there.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:44:55 AM EDT
[#32]
I would never laugh about someone carrying a mouse caliber. More people are killed with 22 and 25 than any other caliber in domestic violence incidents.
It was over 20 years ago but a man died from a 22 LR that hit him in his calf. He was running from his sister in law shooting at him with a 22 pistol. The bullet traveled up his leg severing the femoral artery, exited, and bled him out like a stuck hog.
One guy walked into the Health Sciences center looking like he had been beat with a baseball bat in the head. When they cleaned him up, they fhound he had been shot 5 or 6 times in the skull with a 25. How the hell he ever drove himself to the hospital is beyond belief. He went blind from the bullets but did live.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top