Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/7/2012 3:30:16 AM EDT
Will it be a madhouse?

I was looking forward to going but if it will be nothing but prices 3x what they were a month ago and crowds of panic buyers willing to pay 6x the going price for "hi-caps" that fit a gun they don't even own, I might just stay home.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 4:02:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I am certainly going to go and find out.  It's amazing to see how the mindset of conservatives is reflected in the attendance at this show.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 4:25:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Guys I'm new to the gun show thing. Can anyone give me some advise about getting a table.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 5:03:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Guys I'm new to the gun show thing. Can anyone give me some advise about getting a table.

Advise in what aspect?
Product, good quality guns or ammo, good quality optics and accesories (no cheap ebay, Chinese stuff (unless polytech, norinco etc) No flea market stuff.

As far as advise on getting a table, I think there might be a waiting list, I'm not sure, but I believe VAGuntrader had a problem getting a table.

gl either way, the more people we have in the industry, the better. (supposedly, I dunno after last night!)

Link Posted: 11/7/2012 5:55:01 AM EDT
[#4]
As of last show (presumably before, but I don't know for sure) there was a waiting list for tables.  I'm predicting it'll be a zoo, which is good as I've got an AK that I'm looking to sell.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 8:09:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I would only go for the entertainment factor, its a bad time for people just getting into firearms. That being said, good luck! I overpaid before a long time ago, and i am going to try to not do that again.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 10:48:01 AM EDT
[#6]
shit show is an understatement.

perhaps not as bad as 2008, we have a firewall with a GOP house.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 11:50:28 AM EDT
[#7]
A madhouse. An overpriced madhouse. But I'll be there. I had planned to go to price and possibly pick up another rifle. Don't think I'll be able to afford one now, but just want to be around "my people."

Well, maybe not the three wolf shirts and beef jerky types.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 9:34:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll be there as soon as I clear immigrations and customs on Friday.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:02:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

WELCOME HOME
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:18:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks, It will be nice to spend Thanksgiving with the family and be able to hit two gun shows.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 7:45:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll be there saturday morning, as always, volunteering at the VCDL booth.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 4:39:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Took me over an hour last night.

Signed up for global entry
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 5:01:53 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

What time do you break for lunch?  

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 12:40:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

WELCOME HOME

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 3:58:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Volunteer Shift ends at 1 :)
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HTF lunch at Willards, anyone?

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 4:59:21 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll be volunteering Sunday at the NRA Museum table.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 8:07:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/10/2012 5:37:58 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Alright, let's do this!  Any of the usual suspects want to join in?

Link Posted: 11/10/2012 7:37:02 AM EDT
[#20]
I'd probably be in for lunch and a show.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 4:04:05 AM EDT
[#21]
I'll pass on this one.
Like many others here, I think it's going to be a madhouse.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 5:20:10 AM EDT
[#22]
With two young boys in the house, I use all my day passes out of child duty to shoot instead of shop.  There is no way I am going anywhere near that place with all the near-panic that is going on.  It is crowded on a good day, and this weekend will be far from "good."  I just hope the gouging isn't too awful yet, the GOP does still control the house after all.

-shooter
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 7:20:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure, what time ?

Willard's will probably be crowded as all hell , I swung by there Friday and could not get in. I have no idea what was going on at the expo center.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 9:11:12 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure, what time ?

Willard's will probably be crowded as all hell , I swung by there Friday and could not get in. I have no idea what was going on at the expo center.

1:15ish (MD finishes ~1PM)?

Link Posted: 11/11/2012 10:56:11 AM EDT
[#25]
SITREP on the gun show?
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 11:28:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
SITREP on the gun show?

It's next weekend.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 11:28:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
SITREP on the gun show?

I believe it is next weekend.

ETA: 31 seconds.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 1:54:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Getting a table?

LOL!

You'll be lucky if you can get a PARKING SPACE.

You could probably make a decent day's pay just running a hand truck for tips in the parking lot.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 3:15:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Getting a table?

LOL!

You'll be lucky if you can get a PARKING SPACE.

You could probably make a decent day's pay just running a hand truck for tips in the parking lot.

Now that's an idea, all get together in a nearer parking lot and tailgate.

Cook up some burger and dogs and hang out

One person can run back and forth getting the rest of us stuff.

The runner can communicate what prices are for ammo and reloading supplies via cell phone and run back and forth with a driver to shuttle boxes .

No parking and only 1 admission fee... .  

This is either a brilliant idea or really idiotic , lol
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 3:53:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Hell you can make some serious money shuttling people to and from in a golf cart. I might have to change my strategy.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 7:36:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Now that's an idea, all get together in a nearer parking lot and tailgate.

Cook up some burger and dogs and hang out

One person can run back and forth getting the rest of us stuff.

The runner can communicate what prices are for ammo and reloading supplies via cell phone and run back and forth with a driver to shuttle boxes .

No parking and only 1 admission fee... .  

This is either a brilliant idea or really idiotic , lol

No reason it can't be both.

I will be heading over there after I'm done with my class, probably around 3-ish.

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:20:46 PM EDT
[#32]
If you want non-Beanie Baby and Beef Jerky stuff, head on over to F3 Tactical in Chantilly.  They carry good stuff and have the knowledge to back it up.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 7:02:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If you want non-Beanie Baby and Beef Jerky stuff, head on over to F3 Tactical in Chantilly.  They carry good stuff and have the knowledge to back it up.

+1 F3 is tops.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 4:24:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Heading over at opening to see what's up. May be detouring to Reston to meet a member for ammo first.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 5:20:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 F3 is tops.

If they just carried Small Pistol Primers I'd be set :)
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 6:56:06 AM EDT
[#36]
NVM
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 2:34:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Just got back, prices are up on AR's and AK platforms, looked like a normal crowd, I didn't get the impression that there was any panic buying going on.

I was looking for the vendor that sold used grips, didn't see him there.  If anyone knows of a vendor that selling used grips, (I'm looking for a set for a Ruger Speed Six), can you give me a location?
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 4:03:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Just got back, prices are up on AR's and AK platforms, looked like a normal crowd, I didn't get the impression that there was any panic buying going on.

I was looking for the vendor that sold used grips, didn't see him there.  If anyone knows of a vendor that selling used grips, (I'm looking for a set for a Ruger Speed Six), can you give me a location?

I was at the show from 330 PM to 6ish.  I respectfully disagree. I noticed alot more people around the ammo tables and alot more couples. Quite a few people were in non gun culture attire (No  camo, cop, military, gun paraphernalia, empty pancake holsters etc)and even business suits buying firearms. Lots of the ammo boxes on display had brandy new clean, crisp price stickers on them (usually means price hike).  I heard one snake oil salesman telling a rube that SS109 is "SHTF ammo when you don't know who/what is coming through the door."  Some yahoo had a used Glock 2nd generation for $519.00 on his table, another had a German Police surplus Sig SauerP6, average condition made in 1981, in blue surplus box, one mag, $475.00.  What really got me pissed off is several guys had stacks of 50 cal ammo cans and are trying to sell them for $15.00 a piece.  I remember only paying $8.00 a piece 2 years ago. New  Magpul 30 rounders for $16.00 at one place, used post ban milsurp AR mags for $20! Some of the vendors have marked up prices up 15-20% on average, some not at all. Prices are all over the place.  Sig Sauer German Police surplus P6 in blue box, average condition, one mag, $475.00.

No BS story, my buddy (frugal) has been mulling over buying a Mosin Nagant M91/30 for a couple of years. We go buy Trader Jerry's and finger fuck a couple, then move on. the  sticker price  was $109.99.  About an hour later he decides to look again and they were in the process of putting new labels on the boxes for $119.99.

People watching was great though, Oh yeah, the Falls Church Sheriff's deputy Sergeant was there again in uniform. One can only presume to get in for free. Poor form, not even his jurisdiction.

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 4:35:00 PM EDT
[#39]
In full disclosure, I just went to one table to buy a used Ruger P 89 that I missed at the VFW show, I didn't pay a lot of attention to the attendees, and I was out of there by 4:30.  (I'm in the stage where I'm trying to buy copies of pistols I traded when I was younger)  

If Trader Jerry's was marking up Mosins, that's just sad. That's the last rifle I see being jacked up in fear of a weapons ban.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 5:05:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Is dark sun there?
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 6:07:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Yep, Dark Sun was there,  their prices are slightly higher than last show, but not too bad.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 10:04:42 PM EDT
[#42]
I was there. Got in around 3:15. The crowds I saw around the ammo tables were the same ones that always have lines around them at opening. I was not pricing everything but most of the ammo I looked at did not seem much higher then the last show and no higher then internet. Some ammo was higher. Lots of ARs and AKs. Did not price them. Did see a few DPMS 308 oracle for just under a $1000. Even saw one or two AP4 models just at $1100. Bushmaster 308s were over $1200(WTF?). I was looking at small hand guns. to buy. Have two I want and both were in low suplies at the show. The first gun, only saw one dealer with it and it was a fair price but I can get cheaper on line. The second gun, saw a few more but not as many as last show. Did find one dealer that had them listed at the internet price. Was going to get it but he was out of them by the time I found him. Did see stripped lowers for sale. One dealer even at Mega lowers and sets but I did not ask the price.

Saw a lot of Rock Island 45s. Some were nicely priced but others had jacked them up. It all seemed to be which dealer you looked at. AND YES .... SOME DEALERS HAD STUFF OVER PRICED but for the most part not bad. I thought the crowds would be much worse. I would have to agree, I did not see much of what I would call panic buying. Have seen it much much worse.

As far as dealers changing prices,I've seen them do this before. Some walk around after opening and see what other dealers have things priced at. They then raise or lower depending on prices. Nothing new.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:13:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Prices are not too bad (not as bad as previous post-election panics). The crowds seemed to wax & wane (I was actually able to freely walk the isles). Selection seemed to be down a bit particularly on ammunition.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 9:23:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Last time i went to actually buy something i could not even get to the table it was so busy, all i wanted was a cheap RIA 1911, i also could not find a buffer tube and spring, even after asking. This was a couple months ago at the expo center, i cant imagine it being any better this weekend.

I did find some de-milled m16a1 recievers that i made into a key chain and a man room display.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 11:13:02 AM EDT
[#45]
The show is very manageable. Tough to find parking, but I'm able to walk freely up and down the aisles right now. Mega lowers for $125. Ammo higher at some places, but still as good as internet for what I am shooting. Glad I stopped in.

Edit. Rifle ammo at some of these booths is a bit ridiculous.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 1:04:14 PM EDT
[#46]
So who at the show has the best price on blaster/range 9mm and .45?
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 1:37:56 PM EDT
[#47]
PSA: Bubba walking out fast at around 4:35 PM today.

You dropped something on the ground that I turned over to lost and found.
You ran out so fast I lost track of you before I could pick up your item.

My kids saw you drop it but they lost track of you at the exit.

Hope you are an ar15 member.

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 2:44:46 PM EDT
[#48]
did anyone else notice Morgan Spurlock behind the counter at SSG Tactical - they are apparently filming something like his 30 days show or something for CNN?

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:13:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
did anyone else notice Morgan Spurlock behind the counter at SSG Tactical - they are apparently filming something like his 30 days show or something for CNN?

Any gun owner who is a 2nd amendment activist would do well to steer clear of him.

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 5:36:17 PM EDT
[#50]
I was quite surprised to see that at 4:30 on Saturday, the ONE guy who sells reloading components still had plenty of primers left, though he was out of the MG 124gr JHPs that I shoot.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top