User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:36:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
did anyone else notice Morgan Spurlock behind the counter at SSG Tactical - they are apparently filming something like his 30 days show or something for CNN?

Any gun owner who is a 2nd amendment activist would do well to steer clear of him.

Ick, SSG signed up for that? Because reporters have been our friends in the past, right?

There's an SBR there I was thinking of buying. Maybe I'll wait to see if this show becomes an anti clusterfuck like every other time gun stores work with reporters.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 5:44:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I was looking for the vendor that sold used grips, didn't see him there.  If anyone knows of a vendor that selling used grips, (I'm looking for a set for a Ruger Speed Six), can you give me a location?

He was not at the Collector's show at Manassas the other week either. I asked and was told he had a bout of ill health. I was looking for a set of grips for a odd-ball gripped (export to SA) Colt Police Positive.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 6:00:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Fellas, I went late on friday. had just enough time to buy some 6.8 ammo and a few little parts for a build that i finished yesterday, so i didn't get to really look around.
I'm going back today and had a quick question for those that got to look around. Did anyone notice any vendors selling any Romainian PSL's?
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 7:38:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Fellas, I went late on friday. had just enough time to buy some 6.8 ammo and a few little parts for a build that i finished yesterday, so i didn't get to really look around.
I'm going back today and had a quick question for those that got to look around. Did anyone notice any vendors selling any Romainian PSL's?

I did not see any. There may have been one somewhere hiden. But I really was not looking for them either.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 7:54:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I went back Saturday after being there Friday. I figured out what was missing Friday...it was the baby strollers. I got there about 11 on Saturday. Walked right in. Parking just plain sucked. Ended up parking about 2 or 3 blocks away. I did not feel like stalking people in the parking lot and I needed the walk anyways. Good plan until I bought a case of ammo I was not planning on buying. I was looking for 2 guns as I stated before. One dealer had a good price on it Friday but really was not the package I was looking for. After thinking about I decided to go back for it Saturday. Was hoping he stilll had it being it was the only one he had. The show was not as crowded as I thought it would be. Still a lot of people but not to bad. The dealer still had the gun and bought it. Took less than 15 mins to get approved. Not bad. Fastest time ever at a show for me. I picked up a Sig P290RS. Came with the laser(will never use it), cheap holster, and two mags. With taxes and fees.....walked out the door with it for $472. (yes , it is a new gun) Dealer gave me even a better price then what the tag had it listed as. Had to be one of the best deals I have ever had at this gun show. I walked around some more and looked at the ammo again. Decided to pick up a case of 124gr or 147 gr 9mm. First one I went to seemed to be the cheapest until he added the credit card fee. He stated he only charges 2% with everybody else charging 3%. I knew better and moved on to two other places. Both stated they did not charge a fee. Bought a case from one of them. Got a case of 147gr AE 9mm. Same or a little lower price then current internet prices.

Over all I thought one of the better shows I have been to in a while.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 9:41:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Just got back and picked up a couple of items, that's about it. I was surprised that some places' prices on guns were actually okay.

But, damn, prices seemed even more inconsistent than usual. For example I found a Golden Boy ~ $100 under MSRP, then walked ~ 20 feet away to see the same rifle for $190 over MSRP. Found a couple of decently priced M1 carbines. Now kicking myself for not biting the bullet and taking care of one of the items on my wish list. Maybe in December.

Walked fast past SSG... what the hell are they thinking? Had to barge through Spurlock's band of douchebags several times as the day progressed. Not sure why any dealers took the time to speak with that guy.

Oh. And Willard's was as substandard as usual.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 9:47:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Willard's stinks.  I don't know how they stay in business. Same mediocre BBQ as Famous Dave's or Red Hot & Overpriced.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 12:36:55 PM EDT
[#8]
The problem with Willards is, there just aren't any BBQ places in NoVA that are worth a damn. It is the best of nothing.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 1:01:07 PM EDT
[#9]
That's true. I keep hoping that there's some gem out there that I don't know about, yet. When Ben's Whole Hog was first sold and later closed, I was in mourning.

Though I heard that Ben is back and reopened as "Absolute BBQ" in the same location. Any truth to this rumor? I never go out to Manassas anymore.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 2:06:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Kids,cripples,and carriges.Lots of buying,church crowd seamed to get heavy at 1130.
Get there before opening if you don't want to walk distance.
Parking will be reduced more with expansion of buildind to the west.
Dealers told to show for Dec. show or risk not having a table on next show.
Good prices on century stuff and arsenal if you looked.
I thought handgun selection was good at most of the usuall vendors.
The chinese invasion is growing every show.
Whoever give permission to the  Spurlock circus should be publicly whipped.
The idiots who talked to this bunch should be boycotted. My opinion.
Bbq is a food of love,I guess we'll take what we can get.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 2:50:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Kids,cripples,and carriges.Lots of buying,church crowd seamed to get heavy at 1130.
Parking will be reduced more with expantion of buildind to the west.

What expansion, what building?
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 3:26:57 PM EDT
[#12]
The present building the gun show is held in.I understand direction of the mud hole on the left looking at the building from the front.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 4:30:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I thought it was a good show, and the prices in general were not as bad as I thought they'd be since everyone is supposedly in panic mode.  My wife and I went both Saturday and Sunday.  We bought firearms from both SSG and Trader Jerry. I know we often make fun of the jerky and airsoft, but IMO the event is usually a collection of some really good souls, and this time was no exception there.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:27:21 AM EDT
[#14]
there is no more mud hole on the side of the building last time i was there sadly, i loved that part of going to the gun show.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:44:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Not too impressed by the show - rather few used guns, and other than the usual bulk ammo, there wasn't much to be found on that front either.  Loads of Chinese crap though.  Precision Arms was working till past 1800 on Sunday assembling uppers and lowers.   I worked much of Sat with IPS (good for C3 stuff) and most of Sunday with the NRA Museum table - which is stuck in the corner behind the lunch tables.  If you're at the next show be sure to stop by and say hello since there was some interesting stuff at the NRA table and it changes each show.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:23:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Considering the WalMart they just built there, it cut the lot in half
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:47:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The present building the gun show is held in.I understand direction of the mud hole on the left looking at the building from the front.

I don't see anything about the expansion on their website although I didn't look that hard.  

So, looking eastward at the front of the bulding, they will be expanding Northward up to the road or over the road and the mud/dirt area?  

Click for map of what I'm talking about  Expo Center

If just up to the road that will increase the building maybe 20% in size and over the road and the entire mud/dirt area will just about double the size.

Parking will then be impossible.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:06:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Considering the WalMart they just built there, it cut the lot in half

Wall Mart was the other hall.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:06:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you want non-Beanie Baby and Beef Jerky stuff, head on over to F3 Tactical in Chantilly.  They carry good stuff and have the knowledge to back it up.

+1 F3 is tops.

Yep!
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was looking for the vendor that sold used grips, didn't see him there.  If anyone knows of a vendor that selling used grips, (I'm looking for a set for a Ruger Speed Six), can you give me a location?

He was not at the Collector's show at Manassas the other week either. I asked and was told he had a bout of ill health. I was looking for a set of grips for a odd-ball gripped (export to SA) Colt Police Positive.

If you're referring to the Aircrewman-style grips, check with J&G in Arizona. I got a set from them last year, and they are original Colt NOS.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:09:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Was there on Saturday, and it wasn't half the shit show I thought it was going to be.  

But back to BBQ; what are everyone's thoughts on DixieBones?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:40:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Taylors had a nice resupply of Italian cowboy-style guns. I was considering an Uberti 4 3/4" SAA in .45 with bird's head grip for $399, until I realized it had the old-style frame.

I was there on Friday from opening until about 6:30. No different from the usual crowd. I didn't see evidence of panic buying, but then I wasn't really looking at the tables of current-production handguns or AR's. I would have bought a No. 4 SMLE, but I didn't see a decent one. There was a very nice original WWII Thompson drum bag, but at $225, I decided to pass. My big score was a perfect-bore M1928A1 Thompson barrel with Cutts, grip hanger, and receiver nose section for $400.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:52:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I was quite surprised to see that at 4:30 on Saturday, the ONE guy who sells reloading components still had plenty of primers left, though he was out of the MG 124gr JHPs that I shoot.

How much were primers running for? I have a good stock, but it doesn't hurt to buy more.

Just been a while since I bought any....
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:16:25 AM EDT
[#24]
T&T had some for around 27 dollars but it varies depending on brand and size.

The guy in the back right had a sign saying all 1k primers 30.00 unless otherwise posted.

I think I'll just order a bunch from Grafs or elsewhere as the price is still cheaper even paying the hazmat.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:22:51 AM EDT
[#25]
I went and listened to people talk about how they bought 10 lowers the day after the election. The prices weren't that bad IMHO. Hell, the wife spent more money than I did.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:36:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Taylors had a nice resupply of Italian cowboy-style guns. I was considering an Uberti 4 3/4" SAA in .45 with bird's head grip for $399, until I realized it had the old-style frame.

Where was the Taylors booth?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:07:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Come in front door turn right and on right.They are there every show.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:53:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Come in front door turn right and on right.They are there every show.

Yes, right near WAR and EuroOptic
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:30:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
T&T had some for around 27 dollars but it varies depending on brand and size.

The guy in the back right had a sign saying all 1k primers 30.00 unless otherwise posted.

I think I'll just order a bunch from Grafs or elsewhere as the price is still cheaper even paying the hazmat.

There's a bunch of us were talking about doing up a bulk order of powder and/or primers from either
Graf or Powder Valley. Look for the thread...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top