Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 7:44:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll meet up with you guys at the McD's on Exit 6, but I don't feel comfortable leaving my car there, so I'll drive behind.  Anyone else in the Arlington/NoVA area wanna share a ride?
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'll meet up with you guys at the McD's on Exit 6, but I don't feel comfortable leaving my car there, so I'll drive behind.  Anyone else in the Arlington/NoVA area wanna share a ride?

If you're just concerned about the safety of your vehicle, there's a park-and-ride maybe a mile down 522 South from the exit that people leave their cars at every day.  Just FYI.  

So do we have a head count?  Reading the Blastfest thread's got me all jealous.  Stupid work.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 3:07:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you're just concerned about the safety of your vehicle, there's a park-and-ride maybe a mile down 522 South from the exit that people leave their cars at every day.  Just FYI.  

Really?  Hmm, that has merit.  If I could ride with thebomber (I'll chip in for gas), then I could leave my car there.  I googlemapped it and it seems to be a rather long drive to make by oneself.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 5:13:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really?  Hmm, that has merit.  If I could ride with thebomber (I'll chip in for gas), then I could leave my car there.  I googlemapped it and it seems to be a rather long drive to make by oneself.  

We have room and it will be fun. I have an F150 Supercrew which has a large passenger cabin with plenty of leg room front and back. Our gear can go in the bed under the Tanno cover. Your choice either way. We can meet you athe P&R.

Bomber
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you're REALLY concerned about your vehicle I could probably call my buddy and see if you could leave it at his house about five miles from the exit-that way you guys might get to see his blond, blue-eyed wife and her big bodacious silicone ta-tas!  

But I think you'll be fine at the park and ride.  Just make a left when you get off of 66 and you'll see it on your left.  There's a dumpster there too, can't miss it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We have room and it will be fun. I have an F150 Supercrew which has a large passenger cabin with plenty of leg room front and back. Our gear can go in the bed under the Tanno cover. Your choice either way. We can meet you athe P&R.

Bomber

I guess I'll be meeting you guys at the P&R, then.  Thanks a million
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 1:40:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
you guys might get to see his blond, blue-eyed wife and her big bodacious silicone ta-tas!  

Can I park my car there?
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 12:09:13 PM EDT
[#8]
guys,  I cant make it.  I completely forgot about a thing with the wife's family.  I tried and tired, but I just can seem to weasel my way out of this one.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 12:23:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I might be able to make this....
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 10:51:58 AM EDT
[#10]
I checked the weather and they're calling for Thunderstorms. That's pretty normal for this time of year so I still plan to go.

For they guys riding with me:

Woden....7:15AM my house
Udog....7:30 AM your house
Ghost...7:45AM Park and ride. We'll be in a red F-150 Supercrew Lariet. What will you be in so we can ID you?

I'll bring a cooler with ICE. You guys supply your own drinks and lunch. Please have it with you so we don't have to make a special stop.

Since there will undoubtedly be rain between now and then, please being a clean change of shoes to wear back.

Does anyone need to use a chrono?

For your planning purposes I plan to leave for home no later than 3 or 3:30 assuming our ammo lasts that long.

I'm looking forward to this.

Bomber
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 11:29:12 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Where are you in NoVa, Ghost?
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 11:52:40 AM EDT
[#12]
0730 Roger that.
How are we for bed storage, Ill have: 1 30" rifle case,1 40" double rifle case, 1 12x14x26" gear bag, and my plate rack, probably 12x 12x24 I guess. Thanks for bringing the cooler, I have a small say 6x6x9" personal lunch bag and maybe bring a gallon jug of H2O. Is that too much? say 400-450lbs total including me..Udog
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 12:07:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
0730 Roger that.
How are we for bed storage, Ill have: 1 30" rifle case,1 40" double rifle case, 1 12x14x26" gear bag, and my plate rack, probably 12x 12x24 I guess. Thanks for bringing the cooler, I have a small say 6x6x9" personal lunch bag and maybe bring a gallon jug of H2O. Is that too much? say 400-450lbs total including me..Udog

You should be good to go. I'll have 2 plates and stands, two target holders, range bag, spotting scope, 4 rifles in tac cases, cooler and ammo.

Bomber
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 3:08:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm in Falls Church.  Why, wanna carpool?  If not, I'm going to ride with thebomber.  

BTW, I'm in a silver Dodge Intrepid.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 3:39:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm in Falls Church.  Why, wanna carpool?  If not, I'm going to ride with thebomber.  

BTW, I'm in a silver Dodge Intrepid.  

It's all good either way, just let me know by Friday PM.

Bomber
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 5:27:54 PM EDT
[#16]
OK.  thebomber, I'll probably be riding with you guys, but if it changes, I'll IM you.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 5:31:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Ghost-

Plan on riding w/ Bomber...I'll be a last-minute decision

Link Posted: 7/28/2005 5:58:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Ghost-

Plan on riding w/ Bomber...I'll be a last-minute decision

OK.  See you there
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:04:25 PM EDT
[#19]
OK, I should be there around ten, I hope.  Might be bringing a friend, maybe not.  So how many we got coming?  6-7?
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:22:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Um Magic 8 ball say.....More than 5,less than 30.

LOL on a side note I told my lady Id be riding with thebomber and she said "How long a drive is it?"... about 2 hours...."Really that far".....Yep......"Well be sure to... Uh I was going to say take your pistol with you(carry piece) but I guess you guys can handle anything this side of a small tactical nuke".....  LOL
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 3:57:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Here's what I have for headcount:

Definite:

Woden
Udog
Ghost Shooter
METT-T
Bomber

Not sure:

Silicon Wizzard
Rmplstlskn
Novagator

Looks like 5 to 8.

Oh and Udog.....tell your better half, we'll take care of her baby

Bomber
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 10:38:34 AM EDT
[#22]
CALL ME WEASEL!!!

Im in!...
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 10:56:17 AM EDT
[#23]
excellent! See you there.

Bomber
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 11:55:57 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm in for sure.....  be there sometime in the AM sometime cause i'll have to get my dad breakfast and see if he wants to come, after his strokes he's real slow in the mornings but i'll be there.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 5:02:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Bomber, you got IM.  Can you IM me some contact info in case I miss you tomorrow, or am running late?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 5:44:32 PM EDT
[#26]
IM away...........
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#27]
I hope it's not too late, but can somebody post directions from I81?

I can't remember how to get there.

eta: I'm going to TRY and make the P&R meet up at 7:45.

Green Camry...NRA plate: GATOR92
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:03:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Hey guys I was wondering if anybody coming tommorow has an extra FSB taper pin laying around. I am gonna be breaking in a gun in for a client of mine that I just built and I am missing  one of the pins, The damned thing got away from me when I was pounding it out and I have not seem it since. I hate to order just a pin trough the mail.  Thanks
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:21:53 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I hope it's not too late, but can somebody post directions from I81?

I can't remember how to get there.

eta: I'm going to TRY and make the P&R meet up at 7:45.

Green Camry...NRA plate: GATOR92

RR 522
Front Royal, VA 22630
This is the address of the mcdonalds that google gave me in front royal 522s, you can Mapquest yourself to there. The Pand R is just south of the Mcdonalds other side of the street.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:37:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Be advised:

I may have a new(ish) shooter, female type, coming with tomorrow.  

That is all.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:12:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Well, that was fun.

Thanks to everyone who let me shoot their toys.

BTW:  I left my power bars, I hope one of you guys took them cause I dont feel like driving out there just to get them.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 4:26:57 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Hey guys I was wondering if anybody coming tommorow has an extra FSB taper pin laying around. I am gonna be breaking in a gun in for a client of mine that I just built and I am missing  one of the pins, The damned thing got away from me when I was pounding it out and I have not seem it since. I hate to order just a pin trough the mail.  Thanks

Once I find my box of spare parts, I'll be happy to send you a taper pin...just gotta find them first

IM me your contact info.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#33]
got any pics for the lame ass no-shows like me?
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:06:54 PM EDT
[#34]
I have your power bars minus two (dad and I were starving) lol. Let me know what to do with them. maybe I can meet ya someplace.

Thanks to everyone and extra thanks to those who brought the steel to shoot at. I'm local to HH so I’ll see about building some racks like bomber has so you guys will not have to haul all that stuff next time. Also my Dad sends his thanks for the brass he got 1.5 (5 gal) buckets full, that should keep him busy for a while.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Sorry I missed it guys. Had to take care of some family stuff instead. To assuage my grief over missing this, I picked up another 1911 on the way home. Green Top had a fairly nice selection today!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:15:12 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I have your power bars minus two (dad and I were starving) lol. Let me know what to do with them.

Eat them.   I give you....the gift of clean bowels!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:55:19 AM EDT
[#37]
No photos or videos?  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:42:21 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
No photos or videos?  

I know Udog snapped a few photos.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:43:46 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Sorry I missed it guys. Had to take care of some family stuff instead. To assuage my grief over missing this, I picked up another 1911 on the way home. Green Top had a fairly nice selection today!

Bummer.  But good deal on another 1911.  There is no such thing as too many guns.

Here's a few pics for those who couldn't make it.  Not that I took many.  I was too busy shootin'

Ghost-Shooter on my 6.8SPR.

Udog shooting Bombers UMP.

Bomber with the UMP.

Bomber shooting his AK.

Me with the M1A Socom.

Bomber with his sniper rifle.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:27:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Looks like some range improvements.  No more gravel path on the right, it is now on the left?  Also wood sides to the path?

Nice.  

A reminder to everyone who visits... there is a donation box which the proceeds go towards keeping the range open and running.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:43:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Had a great time, Thanks everyone.
Davidp14(minus his red pants)

Bomber(with brass in the air)

Woden(straight outta saving private ryan)

METT-T(minus his "Female type")

Ghost Shooter

Wizzard

Pretty maids all in a row

I have Hi-res of everything if anyone wants them.................Udog
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:28:25 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Looks like some range improvements.  No more gravel path on the right, it is now on the left?  Also wood sides to the path?

Nice.  

A reminder to everyone who visits... there is a donation box which the proceeds go towards keeping the range open and running.

Yup.  The new path goes up to the first berm.  And there is some wire fencing strung between the two posts for hanging targets.  There is also a nice sign on Rt42 that looks like the other US Forestry signs with this one saying Rifle Range.  It's on the left side as you are heading south pointing to the road on the right.  Makes it easier to find that road to the range.

I threw a few bucks in the box (tube) but didn't mention it to the others that they may want to donate also.   After seeing the improvements I'll hit it a little harder next time

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:16:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Who had that socom 14 in the last set of photos?   Anyone got any info on how they liked it?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Who had that socom 14 in the last set of photos?   Anyone got any info on how they liked it?

The Socom belongs to Woden, I liked it Balanced out nicely. Belive Ill chop down my M1a.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:27:46 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I'd have to say it's pretty awesome. It handles very nicely. Like Udog said it very balanced. The recoil is also easily managed.

+1

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:34:04 PM EDT
[#46]
I have been seeing them in my Nra mags and its a nice looking ride.  Thanks for the feedback.  Might need to start sift'n my nickels for a new toy.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top