Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 6:15:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There's no such thing as the perfect candidate. But there is such a thing as the wrong candidate at the wrong time. Hasn't anyone been paying attention to recent electons? What happened to the big "red wave" in the mid terms? In one word... abortion. In watching the TV commercials by these two, she comes off as the perfect choice to stand up for this ficticous right to kill unborn babies. A pro-abortion rights, woman. Sad to say that's a winning position today. OTOH, he is seen as another of the establishment's crabby old white men. Instead of just keeping his mouth shut on the abortion hot button, he runs a commercial linking her to pro abortion groups, portraying them as evil money grubbers... insuating he's a pro-lifer.

Jesus H. tap-dancin Christ is right...WTF is his campaign thinking? That's not going to gain him any votes on that issue he doesn't already have. It just pushes fence sitters of the fence on her side of it. When I saw those 2 adds run back to back for the first time, my only thought was "put a fork in him, he's done now". The only thing positive I've seen said about him here is "she's a commie and he's not her". Fine... that'll get you our votes most likely, but that rah rah preaching to the choir shit here has gotten old, when the rah rah guy you're supposed to go out and talk up slits his own throat on arguably the biggest issue of today's elections.

As for the abortion issue itself, I have a unique stance. I firmly believe that it is morally and ethically wrong. Murder. But... I'm all for it. I think this country needs lots more of it! Why? Because who typically gets abortions? Mostly single low income baby mamas with no baby daddy around, who have no clue how to properly raise their little bastards, who will most likely become just another gangbanging hoodrat in a dozen years. Better to get rid of them now and save ammo later on, before they grow into a teenage hoodlum & kill someone, or force a good guy to shoot them attempting to jack his car.
View Quote

All valid points.  Problem is, it's a little too late now to complain about what we have to choose from.  We're stuck with these 2.  What the red team needs to do is get their $hit together when it comes to WHO they get to run - start with a decent group of candidates and get them into the mix.  That, however, would involve some proactive work on their part and I think they are just a bunch of REavtivists now.  Just seems that there is a bigger pool in the commie sector for the libs to draw from than there is in the American sector for the conservatives to pull from.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 6:18:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You petulant children sound like guys I know who didn’t vote for Rauner in 2018 because “muh abortion” and “muh weed.” So then Pritzker won and guess what idiots, we got both of them, and the multitude of other bullshit he’s passed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
You petulant children sound like guys I know who didn’t vote for Rauner in 2018 because “muh abortion” and “muh weed.” So then Pritzker won and guess what idiots, we got both of them, and the multitude of other bullshit he’s passed.

Who the fuck is "Rauner"?

All because MUH PRINCIPLES that you wouldn’t go out and vote against a flaming communist.

I haven't seen anyone say they weren't voting against her. What I have seen is people who said they weren't thrilled with Kelly as a candidate, and this rah rah preaching to the choir shit is dumb. How many Dems or independants do you think read this crap?  Same old, same old... we're expected to vote for a bad candidate to defeat a worse candidate, and like it. I'll vote, but don't expect me to jump & down with joy about it. And I certainly are not giving any politicion a single dime of my money. The whole system of political campaigning has been perverted by the simple doctrine now needed to win, one of who can fling the most mud at the other guy the most often, whether it's true or not does not matter... and that's what the donated money goes for. It's disgusting, and I won't participate.  

All you naysayers should just move to IL where you belong. I left that state to leave this bullshit behind and actually make a difference, and now I see the exact same RINO defeatism here that I saw everywhere down there.

I left that state too, for the same reasons... and I probably did it long before you did. Aug.13th, 1991 was my last day living in Illinois. I celebrate that day every year like it was July 4th... because for me, it was a day of obtaining freedom. I had to go back twice, for my parents' funerals... July '96, August '97. Haven't set foot in that hell hole ever since. Their RINOS are no better or worse than our RINOS.  

Shit man, ask any of the guys here who've known me personally for the past 20+ years... I don't EVER go south of WI Hwy 64. Not ever. I did 3 times in my 31 years up north. Once I made an exception to help a friend in need. A good friend, a guy you're disparaging right here in this thread, needed a malfunctioning gun safe opened. That's what I do as a profession, and that's what friends do when a friend needs help. The other two trips were to Madison, to the capitol building, for the committee hearings in support of Sen. Dave Zien's & Rep. Scott Gunderson's push for CCW in mid 2000s.... IOW, the 2 bills vetoed by Asshat Doyle. Were you there? The guys you're calling out here were.  

No wonder the left keeps winning at every level of government.establishment

The left wins because they have the overwhelmingly majority of the MSM on their side, and they have bigger & better liars as campaign managers. Propaganda is a powerful tool. And they are the masters of it, and the complicit MSM are their staunch allies. And they cheat. And usually don't shoot themselves in the foot. That's a lethal combination. If you want to win by being better liars and cheaters, leave me out. That way, you're no better than they are. I'll stand for what I think is right til the day I die. And lying and cheating to win isn't it. I'd rather win by running good candidates that people actually vote for, not just get votes for being "not the commie"...
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

All valid points.  Problem is, it's a little too late now to complain about what we have to choose from.  We're stuck with these 2.  What the red team needs to do is get their $hit together when it comes to WHO they get to run - start with a decent group of candidates and get them into the mix.  That, however, would involve some proactive work on their part and I think they are just a bunch of REavtivists now.  Just seems that there is a bigger pool in the commie sector for the libs to draw from than there is in the American sector for the conservatives to pull from.
View Quote

Bingo, we have a winner... well said.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 6:41:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Bingo, we have a winner... well said.
View Quote

Ditto.

We are not the enemy; we're just sick of being fed shit but told it's steak.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly; especially when it's by someone not as old as my best pair of hunting boots...
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 7:39:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Exactly; especially when it's by someone not as old as my best pair of hunting boots...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How old are those boots?

Link Posted: 4/1/2023 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I bet those boots are comfortable.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:32:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How old are those boots?

View Quote

40+
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:44:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I bet those boots are comfortable.
View Quote

Yep...  LaCrosse Iceman, from 1980s. And warm too, but a bit on the heavy side compared to today's technology. I only wear them 9 days per year for gun deer season, mostly sitting in a treestand... or now, I use a ground blind. Also have Hodgman uninsulated camo hip boots for early duck season, that I bought at the original Gander Mountain store in Wilmot, when it was their only brick & mortar store (late 1970s maybe?). I've patched a few leaks in them lately with "Shoe Goo", but they're still usable.  

They certainly don't make them like they used to.

eta: also wear the Iceman boots for ice-fishing. Too heavy for snowmobiling. I've got newer Cabelas thinsulate lined pac boots for that.

Link Posted: 4/2/2023 10:31:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

40+
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How old are those boots?

40+

I’m older than your boots.

Link Posted: 4/3/2023 9:17:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They certainly don't make them like they used to.

View Quote

Agreed! I still have an old pair of USGI "Mickey Mouse/bunny" boots. Hard to beat.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 1:21:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yes, fuck them for pointing out that our choice is between the lesser of two evils. How dare they...
View Quote

Welcome to the last 40 years of politics...

And, wow, this thread is turning into a shitstorm.  Reminds me of the good old days of the WI HTF...  

There may be hope yet for the newer generation.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 1:58:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

And, wow, this thread is turning into a shitstorm.  Reminds me of the good old days of the WI HTF...  

There may be hope yet for the newer generation.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 10:36:13 AM EDT
[#15]
#54 please vote
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 11:28:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 11:59:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Don’t know what number I was but I walked through a large, empty line. There was only 1 other voter while I was there. Not sure if it was the normal 8:30 Election Day crowd or if a lot of people are sitting this one out?
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 12:31:41 PM EDT
[#18]
#165 today at 10:30AM
major turnout here
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Arf is even fighting in hometown now.
This country is truly fucked people.
View Quote

I'm truly fortunate I come from several generations of Christian conservative businessmen and farmers who were born and raised in WI went off to war from our state and came home to raise families and return to their businesses and farms and thrive through faith,family,neighbors and honest hard work.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 12:41:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 1:38:05 PM EDT
[#21]
#78 @ 11:30 this morning.

Link Posted: 4/4/2023 2:15:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You’re no friend to liberty.
You’re a selfish, childish man.
Have a good day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess because of your pRiNciPLeS, you’re willing to lose CCW, right to work, voter ID, etc. Not to mention the redistricting that WILL happen when they obliterate fair maps.

If you can’t see that this is bigger than one person, or one candidate, you will stand alone, defeated, with nothing left but your pRiNciPLes.

If you can't see that it's the choice between a giant douche and a shit sandwich, you're delusional. I would sooner stand alone than not stand at all.

As for principles...

https://i.imgur.com/2zVPrR5.png

https://i.imgur.com/JtUueqD.png

https://i.imgur.com/297fKiF.png

Have a good day.

I have no intention of tipping my toe into this pissing match, but I have to agree with NAM.  I was the only member of my family to not attend my aunt's wedding because I (and everyone else) hate the guy she married.  He's a turd.  I got the second degree from the family for not going and my response was "if you say you have principals but don't stand by them when push comes to shove your principals don't mean anything".  That didn't go over well with the family, but oh well.  Ask a Marine how he feels about something and he's going to tell you.  Funny thing is, my sister met and introduced me to who is now my wife at that wedding.  And I wasn't even there.  

Point being, stand for something or don't stand at all.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 2:32:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I have no intention of tipping my toe into this pissing match, but I have to agree with NAM.  I was the only member of my family to not attend my aunt's wedding because I (and everyone else) hate the guy she married.  He's a turd.  I got the second degree from the family for not going and my response was "if you say you have principals but don't stand by them when push comes to shove your principals don't mean anything".  That didn't go over well with the family, but oh well.  Ask a Marine how he feels about something and he's going to tell you.  Funny thing is, my sister met and introduced me to who is now my wife at that wedding.  And I wasn't even there.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess because of your pRiNciPLeS, you’re willing to lose CCW, right to work, voter ID, etc. Not to mention the redistricting that WILL happen when they obliterate fair maps.

If you can’t see that this is bigger than one person, or one candidate, you will stand alone, defeated, with nothing left but your pRiNciPLes.

If you can't see that it's the choice between a giant douche and a shit sandwich, you're delusional. I would sooner stand alone than not stand at all.

As for principles...

https://i.imgur.com/2zVPrR5.png

https://i.imgur.com/JtUueqD.png

https://i.imgur.com/297fKiF.png

Have a good day.

You are helping destroy the state and the country by acting like you’re “standing by principles”. It’s juvenile and asinine  at this point.
If you want to be principled and push that get involved in the local republican precinct and foster candidates  you prefer from the ground up.
For now we have what we have and while imperfect he is a billion times better than sitting on your hands for the horror the other side is trying to shove through.

It’s not an accident that democrats are pouring hundreds of millions into this election, it will shape the state and possibly the national elections for half a generation or more. Vote and get people you know to vote.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 2:52:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You are helping destroy the state and the country by acting like you're "standing by principles". It's juvenile and asinine  at this point.
If you want to be principled and push that get involved in the local republican precinct and foster candidates  you prefer from the ground up.
For now we have what we have and while imperfect he is a billion times better than sitting on your hands for the horror the other side is trying to shove through.

It's not an accident that democrats are pouring hundreds of millions into this election, it will shape the state and possibly the national elections for half a generation or more. Vote and get people you know to vote.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

I'm not a big fan of Dan Kelly, but it's what we got. Too many people want to bitch about candidates but do nothing to change that and bring forth better, myself included. As a result, we get what we get. It sucks having to vote for the lesser of 2 evils but that's the world we live in.

Link Posted: 4/4/2023 3:00:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You are helping destroy the state and the country by acting like you’re “standing by principles”. It’s juvenile and asinine  at this point.

It’s not an accident that democrats are pouring hundreds of millions into this election, it will shape the state and possibly the national elections for half a generation or more. Vote and get people you know to vote.
View Quote

You're assuming I don't.  You're also assuming I'm not involved with the school board, local politics etc.  You don't know me, so please don't tell me I'm "helping destroy the state and the country".  You have no clue who I am as a person.

#11xx.  If I could vote in Jefferson CO I would have voted for a friend of mine.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 3:28:13 PM EDT
[#26]
I love the "you're with us, or you're against us" mentality. Voice an ounce of displeasure, and you're a liberal democrat liberty hater that is going to destroy our state. No wonder some folks aren't inclined to vote.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 3:33:17 PM EDT
[#27]
I would love to see all the out of state liberal money pumped into WI get flushed down the toilet with a Kelly win.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 4:08:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

This is a very useful tool.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/Whats-On-My-Ballot

See what your ballot will look like before you go.  

This is a very useful tool.

It is
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 5:36:12 PM EDT
[#29]
#766 @ 14:45
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#30]
#256 at 7:00pm. I'd say there was maybe 1/10 to 1/50 of the voters today than there was for the governor race. I waited in line for a few minutes. The governor's race was 2.5 hours.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 8:39:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
#256 at 7:00pm. I'd say there was maybe 1/10 to 1/50 of the voters today than there was for the governor race. I waited in line for a few minutes. The governor's race was 2.5 hours.
View Quote

What county?
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 8:48:09 PM EDT
[#32]
My wife and I were 163 and 162 at 12:30.    WE normally vote around 2pm and are #75 to #80
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 9:05:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 9:06:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I love the "you're with us, or you're against us" mentality. Voice an ounce of displeasure, and you're a liberal democrat liberty hater that is going to destroy our state. No wonder some folks aren't inclined to vote.
View Quote

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 9:12:32 PM EDT
[#35]
#177 at 2:20 pm
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 10:21:00 PM EDT
[#36]
102 at 9am. There was a line, that is rare. Not looking good though. Get a part time resident as candidate fo gov, and now this guy. Everyone at the capital knows they will get elected again, and don't seem to care.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 11:06:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Team Blue out-hustled and out-maneuvered Team Red once again this election season. It's like the USA Olympic Basketball Team with Michael Jordan - versus the Sisters Of The Poor from Finland.  Freaking amateur hour!  

Yes...  Kelly was outspent by a gazillion dollars. (We need to fix that shit ASAP!) But his ground game sucked applesauce!  The Left wanted to run against Kelly. Dorrow might have at least had a chance against the Hag Proto.... But the Left masterfully  maneuvered the primary to get the candidate of their choice - Kelly.  Don't  get me wrong - I Love Kelly's take on things. But he's a HORRIBLE candidate and ran a SHIT campaign. Kelly's limp-wristed response to the Proto Lie Machine was pathetic!  

Just when I was hoping that I could spend my upcoming retirement years in my beloved Wisconsin....  After tonight, I'm  going to be looking for property in Tennessee again.  

Flame off.......
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 11:06:53 PM EDT
[#38]
The three referendum questions are all beating the commie judge which doesn't make sense
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 12:09:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The three referendum questions are all beating the commie judge which doesn't make sense
View Quote

Sure it does.  Judge Janet made this out to be all about abortion.  That fired up a lot of people to ensure that WI’s ban, suddenly in play after Roe’s collapse, wouldn’t survive a court challenge.

But those same voters, many of them women, also demand safety.  So they broke rank with the far left on the crime issue and also voted for the referendums.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 12:19:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I would love to see all the out of state liberal money pumped into WI get flushed down the toilet with a Kelly win.
View Quote

That would've been nice.  $30+ million, I believe.  When it's all tallied up it may be closer to $40 million.  IIRC the overwhelming majority of the liberal money came from CA, NY, and IL.  Sadly on the Republican side, there was no one coming to our aid with multi-million dollar checks.

Sadly, apathy ruled the day once again on election day in WI.  Political apathy may be the worst type of apathy because the ramifications of it can be long lasting, perhaps even generational.

Hopefully this version of the WI SC doesn't succeed with their plans to ruin this state by legislating from the bench.  The liberals are in control now, and their goal is to turn this state solid blue via redistricting, among other things.  It may be a long time before we see another Republican in the Governor's office or control the WI SC.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 1:18:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Can't save this state now.  IL 2.0 here we come!

At least I can refer to the dems who supported Janet the Planet as child killers, pro-crime, and supporting a domestic abuser.  

Should be fun when they figure out that the soft on crime fuckup policy in Milwaukee will now be state wide.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 6:35:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Proto didn't win, Kelly lost.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 7:01:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Team Blue out-hustled and out-maneuvered Team Red once again this election season. It's like the USA Olympic Basketball Team with Michael Jordan - versus the Sisters Of The Poor from Finland.  Freaking amateur hour!  

Yes...  Kelly was outspent by a gazillion dollars. (We need to fix that shit ASAP!) But his ground game sucked applesauce!  The Left wanted to run against Kelly. Dorrow might have at least had a chance against the Hag Proto.... But the Left masterfully  maneuvered the primary to get the candidate of their choice - Kelly.  Don't  get me wrong - I Love Kelly's take on things. But he's a HORRIBLE candidate and ran a SHIT campaign. Kelly's limp-wristed response to the Proto Lie Machine was pathetic!  

Just when I was hoping that I could spend my upcoming retirement years in my beloved Wisconsin....  After tonight, I'm  going to be looking for property in Tennessee again.  

Flame off.......
View Quote

It’s really pathetic isn’t it?
I saw them doing the same thing on the national level with Trump in 2015.
I believe they’re doing it again with this indictment bullshit.

The right is retarded when it comes to politicking.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 8:08:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The right is retarded when it comes to politicking.
View Quote

And now is the perfect opportunity to remedy that issue. They have a clean slate, and can start from ground zero. Now is the time to start grooming and vetting candidates for the next round.

...or will they shuffle through their deck to see what they can re-use that didn't work out in the past? You know, the same ones that won't work out in the future either.

I honestly think Doro was the right's best option. That ultimately had no bearing on my vote, but had she been put up against jumbo jet janet, I think the outcome may well have been different.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 8:49:31 AM EDT
[#45]
FWIW... my polling place had a big turnout in a solid red area up north. We were #433 & #434 at 1:30pm, in a rural township of only a few thousand people, at least half of them are older or retired people who fled from blue areas down south. Main reason for the big turnout here was local school board elections.

I knew the outcome before I voted, but I voted anyway. To those who suggested those of us not thrilled with Kelly, "sat this one out", where the fuck did you get that shit from? We bitched about always voting against "the commie" instead of voting for a good candidate. But we still voted, just didn't like it much, and voiced our disdain for the same old shit.  I knew as soon as he brought up the subject of abortion in his commercials he was toast. Dumbest political move I've ever seen. Even dumber than running an old establishment white guy against a pro-choice woman. That's all we got?

And this bullshit of "if you don't like the candidate, find us a better one" is laughable. For a seat on the supreme court? I don't know about you guys, but I don't hang out with lawyers and judges, nor anyone else qualified for that office. If you want us regular working stiffs to find the candidates, you'll get plumbers and car mechanics running for office. Get fucking real.  

Not sure whether or not to put on my hard hat, or my tin foil hat, for all the "sky is falling" predictions on here.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 8:58:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Not sure whether or not to put on my hard hat, or my tin foil hat, for all the "sky is falling" predictions on here.
View Quote

..why not both?

Link Posted: 4/5/2023 9:02:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

..why not both?

https://i.imgur.com/SXd3636.jpg
View Quote

Perfect!!!

Link Posted: 4/5/2023 9:03:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I honestly think Doro was the right's best option. That ultimately had no bearing on my vote, but had she been put up against jumbo jet janet, I think the outcome may well have been different.
View Quote

Me too.

Link Posted: 4/5/2023 9:11:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

..why not both?

https://i.imgur.com/SXd3636.jpg
View Quote

What, no antennae?  
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 9:26:28 AM EDT
[#50]
LOL... just read elsewhere that the candidates reminded someone of "My grandma... against Ebeneezer Scrooge".
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top