Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Me too.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I honestly think Doro was the right's best option. That ultimately had no bearing on my vote, but had she been put up against jumbo jet janet, I think the outcome may well have been different.

Me too.

We needed a pro-choice conservative candidate to win this race and probably had one with Dorow. The Democrats turned this race into a single issue referendum - abortion rights. Now the things we have to guard against is the left labeling all of the election integrity safeguards put in place by Republicans as "tools of voter suppression" and challenged in court. Another is redistricting.
Gary
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 9:58:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Would like to know wth Kelly was thinking about running?  Was he working for the commies?  And I bet a lot of commies voted for Kelly in the primary, sacrificing their vote to get the weaker R.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 10:18:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 10:20:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

We needed a pro-choice conservative candidate to win this race and probably had one with Dorow. The Democrats turned this race into a single issue referendum - abortion rights.

Gary
View Quote

Yes. And it was over before it even started.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 10:40:07 PM EDT
[#6]

I'm not sure what you mean?  There's a cold war in progress.  You're going to be "the better person" during a war?  We're on our way to being the next USSR if nothing changes.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:12:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm not sure what you mean?  There's a cold war in progress.  You're going to be "the better person" during a war?  We're on our way to being the next USSR if nothing changes.
View Quote

See page 1, re: principles.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:38:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you believe your enemy is evil, and you become just like your enemy to win, you've already lost, even if you think you've won.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss".
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 9:56:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I was 517, my kid was 518.  I live in Dane county, but its a rural area.  They were busy enough.  At least the local school board election panned out and we got rid of the primary asshole this year.  

I think WI conservatives do a really shitty job with messaging.  Kelly wasnt perfect and alot of conservatives had the feeling they were voting for the lesser of two evils again.  So they just stayed home, and Kelly got blown out.

Impeaching Janet (not even going to try and spell that last name) would be a shitty thing to do.  While I do not agree with how she won, she did win.  I hate how the game is played, but it is what it is.

Steps that can be taken here in WI?  Well, the Republicans control everything except the guvnahs seat.  Hammering home the perils of outside money into our states election system and getting legislation in place much like Georgia did to block out all the money that shouldnt be here, isnt.  This is part of the reason why Janet won and we still have that idiot of a governor.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 10:27:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I think WI conservatives do a really shitty job with messaging.  Kelly wasnt perfect and alot of conservatives had the feeling they were voting for the lesser of two evils again.  So they just stayed home, and Kelly got blown out.

View Quote

Yes they do. Example - Proto campaign ran an ad here, non-stop, about Kelly "getting rich representing child abusers in court". Duh. He's an attorney, it's his job. But low-info dumbass voters see that and say "OMG, I won't vote for a guy who is linked to child molesters". But, that's how our justice system works... innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, with competant legal representation for all. Somebody has got to be their attrorney, or you cannot convict them. They are entitled to a vigorous defense effort just like everyone else is, no matter how heinous the crime. Even Jeffrey Dahmer had a lawyer. What did the Kelly campaing counter that misleading, viral, ad with? Crickets.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 11:32:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yes they do. Example - Proto campaign ran an ad here, non-stop, about Kelly "getting rich representing child abusers in court". Duh. He's an attorney, it's his job. But low-info dumbass voters see that and say "OMG, I won't vote for a guy who is linked to child molesters". But, that's how our justice system works... innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, with competant legal representation for all. Somebody has got to be their attrorney, or you cannot convict them. They are entitled to a vigorous defense effort just like everyone else is, no matter how heinous the crime. Even Jeffrey Dahmer had a lawyer. What did the Kelly campaing counter that misleading, viral, ad with? Crickets.
View Quote

Wisconsin has had a Republican majority in Madison for a very long time, but have done very little because most of them are gutless.  
Yup, even my 19 year old son can see that its slimey and dishonest.  Kelly decided to not defend himself and everyone sat on their hands instead.  
The court does have some power in WI, but its not the end of the world.  They can challenge legislation, but not create legislation.  I guess we are gonna see how this shakes out now.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 1:10:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If you believe your enemy is evil, and you become just like your enemy to win, you've already lost, even if you think you've won.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss".
View Quote

That is head in the sand fucking retarded. Almost unfathomably so. This isn’t a bumpkin t-ball game or even R vs D races of 25 years ago. This is for all the marbles and is accelerating against an international leftist consortium. The world has changed, and “sportsmanship” and wishing won’t change that
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:16:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That is head in the sand fucking retarded. Almost unfathomably so. This isn’t a bumpkin t-ball game or even R vs D races of 25 years ago. This is for all the marbles and is accelerating against an international leftist consortium. The world has changed, and “sportsmanship” and wishing won’t change that
View Quote

The left is trying to pull the right down to their level, where they can beat them with experience.

Some of us refuse to fall into that trap. If the right can't hold itself to better standards, then they are truly as unfit as the left.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 9:47:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

If it's for "all the marbles", then why aren't we just shooting all the "commies"? And no, the whole world has not changed. There's plenty of decent people left.

If you want to wallow in the mud with the pigs, help yourself. I'll be standing by with the towel, to wipe your face with, when you're done... but I will not jump in the mud with you. Just remember this, win or lose, you're now a pig too.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 10:11:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If it's for "all the marbles", then why aren't we just shooting all the "commies"? And no, the whole world has not changed. There's plenty of decent people left.

If you want to wallow in the mud with the pigs, help yourself. I'll be standing by with the towel, to wipe your face with, when you're done... but I will not jump in the mud with you. Just remember this, win or lose, you're now a pig too.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the problem with a lot of modern politics; it's completely dependent on hyperbole to motivate. That's true of both sides at this point.

If our democracy is truly dieing, then pick up a rifle. Until then, try to vote for people that actually align with your values, rather than the lowest common denominator.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 8:33:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Might consider remembering this during the Pres primary's.   Am going to vote for who imo, has a better chance of winning.  And as much as i like Pres Trump, imo he has lost the independent vote and won't even be capable of beating trench coat joe.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top