Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 1:11:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Milwaukee here. Do most of my shooting at the Daniel Boone Conservation League near Holy Hill. Just finished my first civilian build. I've done literally thousands of builds as a Army 45B for 12 years, but none of them were as fun. The Army doesn't let you put all the whiz bang toys on.
Link Posted: 4/5/2007 5:00:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I am out of Sun Prairie.  I will probably end up in Madison before the end of the year so I can attend UW Madison.  I look forward to doing some AK building as that I have never done any building but would like to try my hand at it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2007 5:43:00 PM EDT
[#3]
River Falls

I shoot at RF Sportsmens Club.  They allow full-auto and 50BMG, no problem.
I enjoy machineguns.
I'm an FFL and will handle your transfers for $25 (+$8 handgun) or special orders for 7% over cost.
Contact [email protected]

I love skydiving almost as much as guns!
Skydive Twin Cities
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 4:57:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Grew up in Manitowoc, currently living in Madison.  Need to find a good range/ someone who will let me shoot at their property.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 2:57:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ikkie78] [#5]
Well I posted on here before but moved so I thought I would update my location...i'm now living in Seymour....which is great because i'm closer to the Shiocton range!

Unfortunately I gotta work on getting another AR again...had to sell mine last fall due to a crappy financial situation

~Ryan

Link Posted: 4/8/2007 3:06:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By ikkie78:
Well I posted on here before but moved so I thought I would update my location...i'm now living in Seymour....which is great because i'm closer to the Shiocton range!

Unfortunately I gotta work on getting another AR again...had to sell mine last fall due to a crappy financial situation

~Ryan

Seymour? Home of the hamburger? LOL
I'm 5 miles west of you off County G.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 3:39:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Thats right...proud "Home of the Hamburger"...haha!

Small world...I live right off G too...I like the short drive to shiocton much better now...before I was driving from Neenah which got kinda long after awhile!
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 9:57:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By ikkie78:
Thats right...proud "Home of the Hamburger"...haha!

Small world...I live right off G too...I like the short drive to shiocton much better now...before I was driving from Neenah which got kinda long after awhile!

Don't miss the April 28th shoot then! Let's sling some lead!
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 10:09:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ikkie78] [#9]
I should be able to make assuming i'm not working.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 12:09:03 AM EDT
[#10]
1 more from Waukesha here!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 3:02:34 AM EDT
[#11]
I am from Port Washington about 15 to 20 mins North of Milwaukee.  "World's Largest One Day Fish Fry".  I am currently on Active Duty with 1/121 FA out of Sussex so I am in Kuwait until July then after that I will be home again and back to getting my new AR out and set up.  Bought it while I was home for two weeks in Feb. looking forward to getting it out and putting some rounds down range.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/3/2007 6:27:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CGinWI] [#12]
Menasha
Fox Cities

Anyone local ?
I have my FFL and do tranfers $25.00 (+$8.00 for handguns and 5% tax)
You can e-mail me at [email protected]
Link Posted: 5/26/2007 1:30:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Glendale, just north of the city of Milwaukee.

Do my shooting in the St. Germain/Sayner area.
Link Posted: 6/3/2007 5:05:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Foundation] [#14]
-
Link Posted: 6/7/2007 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By Foundation:
H-town

Link Posted: 6/19/2007 4:31:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Milwaukee.
Link Posted: 6/21/2007 8:21:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By Foundation:
H-town
Hartford?
Link Posted: 6/24/2007 10:48:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Green Lake as of March 2008..

V
OUT
Link Posted: 7/10/2007 11:51:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Black River Falls
Link Posted: 7/11/2007 11:33:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Green Bay.  Would like info on the Shiocton range.  Public or Private?  What's allowed? Hours?  Cost?  

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 7/11/2007 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By CPatt44:
Green Bay.  Would like info on the Shiocton range.  Public or Private?  What's allowed? Hours?  Cost?  

Thanks in advance!
Public, $3 donation, I believe they go out to 600 yards.
Link Posted: 7/11/2007 11:29:02 PM EDT
[#22]
height=8
Originally Posted By Bloodbrotherbob:
height=8

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the info.  How do I get there from HWY 54 and 47 intersection in Black Creek?
Link Posted: 7/13/2007 3:11:07 AM EDT
[#23]
First Post, been stalking the forums for a few months. I live in Oak Creek (suburb of Milwaukee)

getting ready to build my first AK, just picked up a buncha stuff from Harbour Freight

Looking for a place to shoot it once its built, any suggestions?

Chris
Link Posted: 7/14/2007 10:20:54 AM EDT
[#24]

Originally Posted By Bloodbrotherbob:

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the info.  How do I get there from HWY 54 and 47 intersection in Black Creek?
Go west on 54 about 6 miles. turn left on the first street you come to just before Shiocton (right across from the airport) Follow that around to the park entrance and go into the park. Follow the gravel road in the back, behind the swimming pond to the rifle ranges. Take the left before the swimming pond to go to the pistol range. Or....IM me before you go next and I'll meet you in BC and you can follow and shoot with me.
Link Posted: 7/14/2007 2:42:57 PM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By siccsoldier:
First Post, been stalking the forums for a few months. I live in Oak Creek (suburb of Milwaukee)

getting ready to build my first AK, just picked up a buncha stuff from Harbour Freight

Looking for a place to shoot it once its built, any suggestions?

Chris

Welcome Chris.

If you're in Oak Creek, you may want to look into the Racine County Line Rifle Club.

There's a rather large Arfcom/Evil Black Rifle/NFA contingent that are members there.
Link Posted: 7/16/2007 10:11:39 PM EDT
[#26]
I would like to get out racine countyline rifle range. is there an open time to go or is it by invitation?
Link Posted: 7/18/2007 12:08:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Cedarburg
Link Posted: 7/21/2007 10:30:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bear4570] [#28]
Brussels, Door County, 25 miles north of Green  Bay.
Link Posted: 8/20/2007 8:22:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Previously FNMI_Rifleman
Living in the Fox Valley area now.
Recent events have persuaded me to get back online again and quit lurking after my team membership expired and I got finished with military obligations.
Link Posted: 8/22/2007 9:55:49 AM EDT
[#30]
I live in the west side of Madison.
I frequent the Columbus Sportsman's Association and occasionally go to Tryg's Ammo Box out in Sun Prairie.
Link Posted: 9/13/2007 4:16:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Fort Atkinson/New Berlin.  Currently stationed in Beaufort SC.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2007 11:45:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Hello Gents (and Gals) -

Just a quick introduction and them I'm back to reading....

My name is Joe, and I'm new to the AR line.  I live in Brooklyn (south of Madison).  I don't have my AR yet, but hope to have one in the next 3-4 months.

Just a general question for you all in Southern Wisconsin...  Where does everyone shoot?  I'm in shotgun country h
Joe
Link Posted: 9/21/2007 2:33:55 PM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By alwaysdogin1:
I would like to get out racine countyline rifle range. is there an open time to go or is it by invitation?

By invitation, or during a public event.  Send an IM to HKMP5A2 for details.
Link Posted: 9/21/2007 2:41:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: --bullseye--] [#34]

Originally Posted By 64Impala:
Hello Gents (and Gals) -

Just a quick introduction and them I'm back to reading....

My name is Joe, and I'm new to the AR line.  I live in Brooklyn (south of Madison).  I don't have my AR yet, but hope to have one in the next 3-4 months.

Just a general question for you all in Southern Wisconsin...  Where does everyone shoot?  I'm in shotgun country

I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can before I "jump" into this and maybe even see some of you on the range (wherever that may be)

Joe

You are somewhat close to the Yellowstone Lake shooting range by Blanchardville. I know of a couple people from Madison who shoot there because they can't find anything better closer. It is an OK range (100-200 yard range and 25-50 yard range). Unsupervised, no stupid rules.

I'm down at UW-Platteville and have been to Yellowstone Lake range once. If you want to shoot with some arfcommers, just shoot me an IM. There are at least 3 arfcommers that go to school here at UWP. Unfortunately since we're all away from home the most I have access to is my brother's .22 MKII pistol and 9mm P89 stored off campus. All the good stuff is at home.

I believe some arfcommers held a frozen nuts shoot there this past winter. There was also   an arfcom UWP shoot there in spring (which I attended). I have also seen some pics on the arfcom Facebook group of a shoot going on there (separate from the one I attended). Don't know what the screen names of those people were though.
Link Posted: 9/21/2007 3:01:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: --bullseye--] [#35]
OK 64Impala, here are a couple pics of the Yellowstone Lake shooting range. These are not my pics, I found them on arfcom's Facebook group, and I don't know who the people in the first pic are (besides the fact they are arfcommers).  I purposely choose one that showed nobody's face. I'll take it down if someone in the pic doesn't want it up.

I recognize the range and know for a fact it is Yellowstone 25-50 yard range. They're set up at the ~25 yard line (as you can see it is actually less than 25 yards- you can move farther back though)-

Here is a pic from the shoot I was at (also posted on Facebook). Also taken at the ~25 yard range. You can barely see the 100-200 yard range through the trees in the pic.

Link Posted: 9/23/2007 10:45:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Green Bay.

I have been going to De Pere Sportsmans but since they only have 100 yd, I think i'll be visiting Shiocton in the future.  

Fuggers. I picked up BRD at the range.  Just went to shoot some 9mm, went home craving a 1911 and AR.  Some nice old man with thick glasses let me feel up his 16" colt carbine and something clicked in my head.  Had to have one.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 9:36:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bob-26] [#37]
Sun Prairie and a small cabin in Amberg!

I do travel the state all the time for work and have found a few good ranges here and there. Just got a membership at the Holmen rod and gun club and that is a nice range IMO!
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 10:54:45 PM EDT
[#38]
you're in sun prairie and shoot at holmen ?? lol wtf join a closer club
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 7:28:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Well I have a membership at Columbus and shoot there often.  But when I'm on the road for work I have down time so that's why I got one at Holmen  
Link Posted: 10/13/2007 12:58:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: trac-rat] [#40]
trac-rat well i am from Appleton but am currently at the machine gun shoot at Knob Creek Range here in West Point KY where all serious shooters should be!!!!!!he e-mail me for pic's at
[email protected]
Link Posted: 10/20/2007 2:29:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Eques] [#41]
Fond du Lac here. Been reading here alot, very helpful. I hope to make the ammo dump this weekend.
Here's my armalite, glock 17, and my wifes g22
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff70/eques_02/Glock17.jpg
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff70/eques_02/amralitear15.jpg
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff70/eques_02/Glock22.jpg
Link Posted: 11/19/2007 7:52:39 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm in Oak Creek here....been shooting at McMillers in Eagle for years because I haven't found anything closer that I like.

Been shooting for about 8 years ( on and off ) but new to the AR community. Hope to meet some local AR people and learn.

Link Posted: 12/9/2007 9:55:35 PM EDT
[#43]
First post, thought I would say hi and give some info on me.

I live in Green Bay, right off of Lombardi Avenue. I work in Appleton, and grew up in Oregon (Madison suburb.) Currently, I own a Benelli shotgun, but am getting a Glock (17 or 21) for Xmas. I sold my Browning 7mm A-bolt II about a year ago. I go shooting with my dad on a regular basis. He owns a Glock and a Sig 228. Not sure if I will ever get an AR15, but this is easily the best shooting forum I can find on the internet, so I joined it anyways. I admit Im jealous as hell of some of the AR-15s I have seen on this site. Who knows, I might just get jealous enough to own one myself.

Typically, I shoot clays at a friend's farm in Oregon, or go to the Deerfield indoor range to shoot pistols. I have shot at Twin City outside of Appleton quite a bit as well. I'll be looking for a good pistol range in the Green Bay/Appleton area in a few weeks here if Santa is good to me.
Link Posted: 12/10/2007 2:42:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Janesville
Link Posted: 12/11/2007 9:35:34 PM EDT
[#45]
I live near in a small town near Birchwood. I am new to this forum and it is very interesting. I hunt with a M1A and also carry a 6.8 spc Bushy for deer hunting. I am here to learn and help when I can.

Billyfriday
Link Posted: 12/19/2007 6:56:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Fort Atkinson.   Shoot at McMillers in Eagle, Deerfield and Fletchers in Waukesha.
Link Posted: 1/8/2008 9:41:09 PM EDT
[#47]
New guy here from Saukville, 20 minutes north of Milwaukee right off I-43, great little town.

I'm lazy right now so I'll just copy my post from the picture thread. ;)

Well here's my first post, and my first EBR.  A bastard friend of mine got me into the terrible hobby of guns probably over 2 years ago.  First gun was just a Remi 597SS.  Shot it a few times, then as a impulse buy I bought my Bushmaster at a gunshow.  Shot it once right after purchasing, and well, I never really got the disease.  Gun sat for around a year and a half, and once my friend got his POF after waiting for over 6months I officially got BRD.

So here she is when I first got it, just your basic Bushmaster Carbine.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/SoloTwo/Misc%20Crap/f336c5c2.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/SoloTwo/Misc%20Crap/02.jpg

And after going on a small shopping spree this is what I have now.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/SoloTwo/The%20EBR/Set%2001/001.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/SoloTwo/The%20EBR/Set%2001/002.jpg

MI free floating rail
Magpul XT rail covers
OD Green PMag's windowed- just to start my collection. ;)
Magpul CTR
Tango Down Vert Grip
Magpul MIAD

Next up is a ML3 Aimpoint, BOBRO Gen 2 bipod, troy rear sites, among other things.

I mostly shoot at the Saukville gun club with my bud since he has a membership there.  But this spring since he now lives south of Milwaukee we are planning to head to the McMiller range.  Lookin forward to that.
Link Posted: 1/8/2008 10:09:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Solo -

Not to clutter up this thread... but how do you like those magpul magazines?  I was thinking about picking up a couple myself...

Joe
Link Posted: 1/8/2008 10:41:22 PM EDT
[#49]
I just got them yesterday so I haven't had a chance to take them out to the range yet, but compared to the magazine that came with my bushmaster its light years ahead.  Besides feeling a lot better in your hands it inserts and releases a lot better from the rifle, and they load great by hand or with the lula loader.  

I personally will be sticking to the PMag's only from now on.
Link Posted: 1/11/2008 3:01:41 PM EDT
[#50]
From Green Bay, but now going to school in Stevens Point.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top