Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/31/2013 7:05:12 AM EDT
ARFCom has been a huge boon to the recall efforts and about the only group we've been able to count on from the get-go.  We're almost done but, as you've already seen, the deck is stacked against us - and legally, too.  Seeing as how the local "big players" who keep swearing up, down and sidewise that they'll fund us still haven't and likely won't, we're assuming that we are again on our own.  And, at this late date, that means we need volunteers because we can't afford ads, signage and paid ad distributors.

One thing we *have* been given (even though we didn't ask for it and really don't want it) is office space in The Springs.  We'll have an actual address in the coming days and will use this as a war room and rally point during the campaign.  From September 1st through September 10th, we are going to need people to physically show up, take responsibility for a section of the district and walk.  Go door-to-door, remind people to vote, offer to mail their ballots if they can't get out.  Whatever it takes to overcome the fraud we know is in the works, given that you can now vote if you simply state that you "intend" to move into a district.

If you are willing to stand up with us, willing to give more than just dollars but your actual time and energy, please IM or email me at [email protected] and I'll contact you as we finalize our plans.

In all honesty, I am no longer optimistic about our chances.  We've done everything right, despite being opposed by both sides of the local political coin and ignored by national and corporate interests who are supposedly "on our side".  We've done the impossible, according to many.  But making it legal for anyone's vote to count simply because they "intend to live in the district"?  I don't know if we can overcome that.  The only hope we have is massive voter turnout to dilute the fraud.  

If you live in Colorado or can get here in that first week of September, we need you.  IM or email me today.
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 7:14:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I am not in CO but if I can help $$ money wise please post it up
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 7:18:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you, sincerely.  It's ironic that we're being lambasted as nothing more than a shell for the Republicans, NRA, Koch Bros and any other boogeyman for the Left but the only support we've really gotten (until the NRA last week with our legal stuff) has been individual citizens.

We've joined up with the Pueblo folks, too, in order to curb overhead and share expenses.  You can donate to both - a la oen-stop shopping - at the BFDF site here.
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 7:24:29 AM EDT
[#3]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 7:45:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I will be there and helping out the last couple days, please join us.
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 7:55:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will be there and helping out the last couple days, please join us.
View Quote

I'm going to see if I can afford to take the 9th and 10th off of work to be there.

If not, I'll be there on the weekend before the election
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 8:10:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thank you, sincerely.  It's ironic that we're being lambasted as nothing more than a shell for the Republicans, NRA, Koch Bros and any other boogeyman for the Left but the only support we've really gotten (until the NRA last week with our legal stuff) has been individual citizens.

We've joined up with the Pueblo folks, too, in order to curb overhead and share expenses.  You can donate to both - a la oen-stop shopping - at the BFDF site here.
View Quote

Done, will spread the word.
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 8:20:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I have forwarded your info to friends and family in CO to see if they can lend a hand.

I think the whole country is watching to see if bad politicians can legally be fired or if corruption will keep them in...
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 8:50:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I could come over the weekend of the 7th and 8th. Don't know what our workload is like on the 9th and 10th yet as we are constantly getting new projects in.
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 10:36:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I could come over the weekend of the 7th and 8th. Don't know what our workload is like on the 9th and 10th yet as we are constantly getting new projects in.
View Quote

I could do that weekend as well. Road trip?
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 11:18:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks.  As I've IMed to some of you already, I'm creating a list to share with the rest of the BFDF (all 6 of us ).  Once we have an address and a plan, we'll contact you directly and make concrete arrangements.
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 11:43:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Word
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 11:59:50 AM EDT
[#12]
I think I will be moved to Texas by then. But I will send more cash money when I get paid Friday.
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 2:16:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah I am going to bump this thread as well because folks are not yet lighting this thread on fire. I imagine it will happen after work. Right?

Come on guys........ We need you NOW.

GIve us your most precious resource, Time.

I get it, it might be far. I have been on many planes and car rides between Durango and Denver for a few months now. I am lucky to have the time, I know we all have lives and different circumstances (and in my case a very pissed off wife).  But if you can spare one weekend or sometime on the 9th and 10th of September holding signs, watching polls and other mundane things that really matter we might really be able to put a dent in this. For once the underdog has a chance ................. be the good men and women who stood.

I will be there and I can't offer you more than a hand shake....... but I will be there.
Link Posted: 8/1/2013 6:46:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Okay this is NOT COOL.

"Firemissions" to get your buddy the chef to win some prize is more important than this thread.

I think not!!!!

We lose when we don't stand and soon it will be to late.

Link Posted: 8/1/2013 8:39:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Is this cross posted in GD? It seems more Coloradans are in there than in here...
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 4:44:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes, sir, it is.
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 5:18:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 5:25:41 AM EDT
[#18]
It's seeming like a very nice little town these days .  Thanks, Dave.
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 8:48:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Bump because more people should be jumping on this band wagon anytime now!

Right?

No money and we still get to play in the bigs!

Oh well, we shall try and do what we can.
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 7:25:23 PM EDT
[#20]
nvm
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 9:34:16 AM EDT
[#21]
No longer in CO (sadly) but I'd like to move back someday. Donation sent.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 3:02:21 PM EDT
[#22]

Wife and I should be in, just waiting on her work schedule and babysitter confirmation.  I will email you off-line Keith.

Lets do this!

Link Posted: 8/7/2013 3:33:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Wife and I should be in, just waiting on her work schedule and babysitter confirmation.  I will email you off-line Keith.

Lets do this!
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/7/2013 7:49:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Lets do this!

View Quote

"You all can go to hell.  I'm going to Texas Colorado."  Thank you, sir, and drop me a line any time.
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 9:12:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Is this a Colorado Springs only recall effort or Colorado as a whole?  

I think it would be advantageous to call out representatives and senators that do a good job of representing us.

For instance:
District 54 (Mesa County) Representative Jared Wright http://jaredwright.us/#
District 45 REpresentative Carole Murray http://carolermurray.com/positions.htm

Mind giving me your reps name so I can check them out?
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 10:52:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Is this a Colorado Springs only recall effort or Colorado as a whole?  

I think it would be advantageous to call out representatives and senators that do a good job of representing us.

For instance:
District 54 (Mesa County) Representative Jared Wright http://jaredwright.us/#
District 45 REpresentative Carole Murray http://carolermurray.com/positions.htm

Mind giving me your reps name so I can check them out?
View Quote

While Morse and Giron's misdeeds affect the entire state, the recall effort is restricted to their districts (SD11 and SD3, respectively).

As for "good jobs", hang on a sec and let me type out a list of all the politicians from both sides of the aisle who have offered us support, donated and taken action to help us.  I've got it around here somewhere.  Oh!  Here it is:

Link Posted: 8/10/2013 12:15:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Yep.  There are no good politicians.  As we've learned.

Link Posted: 8/15/2013 8:26:40 AM EDT
[#28]
So kiltakaze and I will be driving over for the 7th and 8th. Is there anywhere cheap to stay or a backyard we can camp in and a shower to use? That would be huge and make trip much easier on me financially. Although, I didn't ask him if his SO is coming or not.
Link Posted: 8/15/2013 11:08:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So kiltakaze and I will be driving over for the 7th and 8th. Is there anywhere cheap to stay or a backyard we can camp in and a shower to use? That would be huge and make trip much easier on me financially. Although, I didn't ask him if his SO is coming or not.
View Quote

No SO. It'll just be me
Link Posted: 8/15/2013 11:22:12 AM EDT
[#30]
I will not be getting in until later on the 8th that weekend. I am sorry I am going to miss you guys, but thank you for coming over.
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 8:54:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Friends,

We only have 3 WEEKS to get out the YES vote for the Sept 10 election to recall Senator John Morse.  Polls show us that voters --
don't know they will not receive a mail ballot
don't know where to go to vote
don't know they must check YES on their ballot to recall Sen. John Morse
We MUST talk to SD 11 voters to provide them with the information they WANT and NEED to vote to recall Morse in this election TO WIN.

Please click on the link below and sign up to call voters, knock on doors to talk to voters, or do honk and waves and take signs. IF WE HAVE SIX PEOPLE AT A TIME CALLING SIX HOURS PER DAY we can contact all the voters we need with the vital information they need to vote.  

Click here to sign up:

http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4BA8AD29A2FB6-getout

This is the path to victory!

Several groups that have been working the ground game for Recall Sen John Morse separately up until have now JOINED TOGETHER to coordinate operations out of our campaign headquarters at 109 Kiowa, Colorado Springs, CO, 80903.  

Our campaign email is [email protected]

Our phone number is 719-749-8051

We will be at the office practically EVERYDAY!  There will be food AND drawings for gift card giveaways for callers and walkers.

Please forward this email to people you know who are willing to get in this fight the three short weeks we have left until the Vote Centers open September 5, 6, 7, 9 and, on election day, September 10.

The nation is watching this recall and a WIN will be a 'shot heard around the world.'  This is a chance for all of us to unite to let Colorado and the Country know that Sen. John Morse does NOT represent the will of the people in SD 11 -- or Colorado.
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 6:35:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Another update, guys, and an important one at that.  Where and when to vote!  I'll put up a fresh topic but, for those of you following this one:

These locations will be open Thursday (September 5th), Friday, (September 6th), Saturday (September 7th) and Monday (September 9th) from 8:00am to 5:00pm.  On Election Day, September 10, polling centers are open from 7:00am to 7:00pm.

Main Office (EPC Clerk’s Office)
Citizens Service Center
1675 West Garden of the Gods Rd., Suite 2202
Colorado Springs, CO  80907

Southeast Branch (EPC Clerk’s Office)
(SE corner of Powers Blvd. and Airport Rd.)
5650 Industrial Pl.
Colorado Springs, CO 80916

North Branch (EPC Clerk’s Office)
(NW corner of Union Blvd. and Research Pkwy.)
8830 North Union Blvd.
Colorado Springs, CO 80920

Downtown Branch (EPC Clerk’s Office)
(NW corner of Cascade Ave. and Vermijo St.)
200 South Cascade Ave.
Colorado Springs, CO 80903

Additional locations will be open on Monday (September 9th) from 8:00am-5:00pm (they may try to extent hours) and from 7:00am-7:00pm on Election Day (September 10th)

Zalman Center
2755 Janitell Rd
Colorado Springs, CO  80910

Pikes Peak Regional Building Department
2880 International Circle
Colorado Springs, CO  80910

Manitou Springs City Hall (weather permitting)
606 Manitou Avenue
Manitou Springs,  CO 80829
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 7:33:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

"You all can go to hell.  I'm going to Texas Colorado."  Thank you, sir, and drop me a line any time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lets do this!

Email sent, sorry on the delay (waiting on damn work schedules).  Need to know if there are any volunteer jobs I can do with my kids with me.  

Link Posted: 8/24/2013 3:44:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Should have two emails back from me by now .  If you or if you have questions, IM me from the site or give me a call (assuming you got the email with the #).
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 2:09:59 PM EDT
[#35]
I can't make it to help in person. But I just donated another $100. Good luck. I'm sorry I'm not able to help more.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 2:22:12 PM EDT
[#36]
God bless you, man.  Helping is helping.  We need volunteers to get out yard signs and such but much of it is calling voters and letting them know when and where to show up.  Money will pay for robocalls just like donations paid for signatures gatherers when the volunteers weren't getting enough numbers in time.

And this is what we're up against.  Bloomberg wrote a PERSONAL CHECK for $350,000 to the 527 campaigning for Morse and Giron.  Another billionaire, Eli Broad, donated $250,000.  Meanwhile, these bastards are wailing about out-of-state money being behind the recalls.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 2:35:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
God bless you, man.  Helping is helping.  We need volunteers to get out yard signs and such but much of it is calling voters and letting them know when and where to show up.  Money will pay for robocalls just like donations paid for signatures gatherers when the volunteers weren't getting enough numbers in time.

And this is what we're up against.  Bloomberg wrote a PERSONAL CHECK for $350,000 to the 527 campaigning for Morse and Giron.  Another billionaire, Eli Broad, donated $250,000.  Meanwhile, these bastards are wailing about out-of-state money being behind the recalls.  
View Quote

$600K from two donations from out of state.  I'm glad their message is so compelling that their only way to get it across is to spam people with misinformation bought and paid for primarily by non-resident donations.  Our political system is completely hosed.

At any rate, I kicked in more for BFDF last night in response to the e-mail.  I really appreciate what has been done and what remains to be done by volunteers on a mission.  Hopefully you guys have enough small donations so that you're not taking a financial hit for the team.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 5:11:57 PM EDT
[#38]
I made a third donation today after your latest email.  I live outside district 11 or I'd be voting with a passion.

How the hell do those turds get away with making such huge out of state "contributions"???  
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Working on that.
Link Posted: 8/28/2013 4:58:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 8:22:05 PM EDT
[#41]
I saw the recall demonstrators on Elizabeth and Hwy50 in Pueblo on Monday, it was beautiful.  

Link Posted: 8/30/2013 2:11:12 PM EDT
[#42]
SAVE THE DATE:
Recall “Election Night” HQ Announced

WHAT:  With Colorado’s first Recall Elections of State officials less than two weeks away, the official Election Night Headquarters has been announced!  Come join Volunteers, the Grassroots, Media, and the official proponents of Colorado’s first-ever Recall Election for festivities and LIVE Recall Election returns.

WHO:    The Basic Freedom Defense Fund
Volunteers & VIPs from Colorado’s first-ever Recall elections
Laura Carno, Founder, I Am Created Equal
Media outlets already confirmed:
National Review Online (National publication)
NRA News (National outlet)
Backbone Radio – 710 AM KNUS
and many more…

WHEN:  11 Days from now --- Election Day, Tuesday, September 10th

WHERE:  ELECTION NIGHT HQ & MEDIA CENTER
               Stargazers Theatre
               10 S. Parkside Dr.
               Colorado Springs 80910

HOW:    First, Volunteer on Election Day anytime between 9am-8pm at our Office HQ at:
109 E. Kiowa St.
Colorado Springs
(719) 749-8051
or sign up online to Volunteer:
https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4BA8AD29A2FB6-getout

THEN as Polls close at 8p.m., Come join us for Election Night festivities!
Space is Limited! Reserve your space by RSVP'ing here: [email protected]  
You will receive a confirmation email for your reservation.
BE PART OF HISTORY! JOIN US ON ELECTION NIGHT!

###

Link Posted: 9/4/2013 8:52:06 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm sure you guys are busy as all can be but how are things looking?  Has any polling been done?
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 9:03:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Honestly, I don't know.  I rec'd some limited data that told me the political affiliation breakdown of folks that have turned out (primarily in Pueblo) - but, of course, it didn't bother to mention how they voted.  I was a little pissy in replying that, once again, folks only seem to give a shit about parties and not results and have rec'd no further data.  I might be off their Christmas card list, too.  We'll see.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 9:18:43 AM EDT
[#45]
From what I understood at the beginning of this (as it was explained to me), the consensus was all the hippies got there dope legal so everyone would just stay home stoned.  I know you guys are being out spent by a HUGE margin but I thought majority of residents were pretty damn pissed off about this.  Hell I'm a 1000 miles away and it's starting to seem like I care more than CO residents do.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 9:34:41 AM EDT
[#46]
You are not the only one that feels that way.  I thought we'd be facing an onslaught of legal trickery, personal attacks, vandalism at our homes, et cetera.  Instead we ended up fighting a stooge with a habit of sticking his foot in his mouth and little support - and a "pissed public" that seems to think "someone else will take care of it".  Add into that mix a collection of "allies" who have actively tried to sabotage, discourage and undercut us because we were, as a side effect of our efforts, showing them to be paper tigers with no intention of ever doing anything but talk a good game and... yeah.  It's been a little frustrating.

If we lose, it will be because of voter apathy and Republican party politics, not because of anti-recall turnout.  Disgusting.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:07:11 AM EDT
[#47]
I wish the best of luck to you.  I used to live in the Springs and Woodland Park area.  It's a shame to see what has happened in the last ten years there.

I'll be following along and talking to my friends out there to make sure they go vote.

Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:26:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Thank you, sir.  We'll know what we get in less than a week.  What we do with whatever that is...?  TBD, I suppose.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 4:49:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Why are these calls so nerve racking??? I call people for information and bids that I don't know all of the time. I meet with owners I have never met about new construction. But frick, I start talking to people I don't know, who don't know and can't see me...and I start sweating
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 6:06:54 PM EDT
[#50]
I hope to see some of you peeps in the Springs on Saturday. I'd offer anyone a ride, but you might not want to as my air conditioning is on the fitz.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top