User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 6:54:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why are these calls so nerve racking??? I call people for information and bids that I don't know all of the time. I meet with owners I have never met about new construction. But frick, I start talking to people I don't know, who don't know and can't see me...and I start sweating
View Quote

Cold calls = cold sweats for me too.

I did phone tech support for > 3 years and never had a problem with it.  Calling folks out of the blue?  Yeah.  Not my forte.  And that makes me appreciate your help even more.  Thanks, brother.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:03:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm with Spyderboy. I talk to people for a living and I've never felt as uncomfortable as a did calling folks tonight
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:08:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm with Spyderboy. I talk to people for a living and I've never felt as uncomfortable as a did calling folks tonight
View Quote

I tripped over my tounge a couple of times, and it is a shock when someone finally answers after the on hold music luls me off to sleep.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:25:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I tripped over my tounge a couple of times, and it is a shock when someone finally answers after the on hold music luls me off to sleep.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey guys I really can not thank you enough for your time.

Is anyone going to be in the Springs tomorrow night? I will buy ya a drink. IM meet
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 10:09:55 PM EDT
[#5]
What time is night for you. I hope to be down there around 12 or 1, Ill stay till maybe 7
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:39:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Is anyone going to be in the Springs tomorrow night? I will buy ya a drink. IM meet
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

wish I could take you up on that!
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 9:56:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I have to hit the road.

So please IM me. I want to catch up with folks but I will be in remote Colorado doing the drive and I need to drive to the Spring and then back to Pueblo. I should be back in the Springs by 7PM.

should be able to check my IM's at 5 PM.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 9:34:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's my AAR from today. I made it to the Colorado Springs headquarters a little before noon after my non air conditioned drive from up north. I met the people there and introduced myself. Seems like they are good people and very busy. I was given a recall Morse sign and headed out to a polling location. On powers and Airport? Seemed like a lot of people showed up to vote for a Saturday. I met a really cool older gentleman named Gene who was holding a recall Morse sign. I stuck around with him for a few hours and had a great conversation with him. Very like minded not an arfcommer though.

Annyways, from what I saw a vast majority of people driving in were giving us thumbs up and waiving/ honking. It was very encouraging to hear the vocal support we received as well. I maybe saw 5 thumbs down the whole time. I was able to guide people to the correct polling places. Seems many people were confused on where to go. Only one person had a negative reaction. He drove up to us and stated he was army for 23 years and the recall was a waste of money. 500k that could be used elsewhere. He was against Morse and an NRA supporter but felt we should gave waited till 2014. We tried to explain that considering how fast they ramrodded these bills through, they need to govasap. Letting them proceed could allow even more of our rights to be eroded. Recalling is a necessary cost. Not sure where 500 k came from.

Ended on a good note as some people approached us and thanking us, which was a common reaction.

Lastly, I saw some shady Morse people close to the entrance.. They were supposed to be 100 feet away from the building. Many signs said this. I approached them and asked if the had pamphlets or what they were doing. Their response was oh were just getting people to vote and telling them...the truth. I just responded in well great get as many people to vote. We want the people to be heard. It kind of caught them off guard as they expected me to respond angrily to their rude attitude.

Well that was my day. It was fun and enlightening. Had to depart later and headed to keystone for some needed relaxation. Over and out.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 9:51:31 PM EDT
[#9]
^^^^^ great report and thank you sir for your time. Hope to meet you soon.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 2:20:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Press on, and give 'em hell.

All the best from your brothers in NY.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:12:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Done what I can from where I live....Sadly due to work I can't leave town.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:16:17 PM EDT
[#12]
How are things looking as of now?  What time do the polls close?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:22:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Things are still a question mark.  We've got data that shows really good turnout but it's broken down by political affiliation - which is NOT a good indicator for this.  Unlike when it's "R versus D candidates", this is a question of whether the incumbent did something worth being fired over.  Many establishment Republicans tried to scuttle and block our efforts from the start.  Many Democrats signed the recall petition (they made up about a good 1/3 of the signers).  We really don't know how it's going to turn out until the votes are counted.

Tomorrow (Tuesday, 9/10) is the last day for casting ballots and polls close at 7:00pm, I believe.  I hope to God that our efforts have been enough.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:06:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Things are still a question mark.  We've got data that shows really good turnout but it's broken down by political affiliation - which is NOT a good indicator for this.  Unlike when it's "R versus D candidates", this is a question of whether the incumbent did something worth being fired over.  Many establishment Republicans tried to scuttle and block our efforts from the start.  Many Democrats signed the recall petition (they made up about a good 1/3 of the signers).  We really don't know how it's going to turn out until the votes are counted.

Tomorrow (Tuesday, 9/10) is the last day for casting ballots and polls close at 7:00pm, I believe.  I hope to God that our efforts have been enough.
View Quote

Win or lose you guys have made a difference.  Thanks for all the time, money, and effort you put into this.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:23:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Frick! The District 11 Map off of the SOS site sucks, I can't tell what are boundaries and what are highlighted roads. I can't tell if I'm in District 10 or 11. North of Fontanero, West of I25, Zip 80907 if anybody knows.

http://car.elpasoco.com/Election/Documents/Senate10.pdf
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:24:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Frick! The District 11 Map off of the SOS site sucks, I can't tell what are boundaries and what are highlighted roads.  I can't tell if I'm in District 10 or 11.  North of Fontanero, West of I25, Zip 80907 if anybody knows.
View Quote

Does this help?

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=204205180319348336911.0004d9f56ba8583e72c99&ie=UTF8&t=m&ll=38.817776,-104.82296&spn=0.160499,0.274315&z=12&iwloc=0004d9f56d0a6c2d1e8d5&source=embed

ETA:
Or this?
http://car.elpasoco.com/Election/Documents/Senate11.pdf
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:30:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Frick! The District 11 Map off of the SOS site sucks, I can't tell what are boundaries and what are highlighted roads. I can't tell if I'm in District 10 or 11. North of Fontanero, West of I25, Zip 80907 if anybody knows.

Does this help?

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=204205180319348336911.0004d9f56ba8583e72c99&ie=UTF8&t=m&ll=38.817776,-104.82296&spn=0.160499,0.274315&z=12&iwloc=0004d9f56d0a6c2d1e8d5&source=embed

ETA:

Or this?

Clear, thanks.  District 10.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:45:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does this help?

ETA:
Or this?

Close enough to volunteer!  

Stop by the HQ at 109 E. Kiowa Street, Colorado Springs.  Call voters.  Wave signs.  Offer to drive voters to the polls if they can't get there themselves.  It's almost a statistical certainty that one of them will be a hot chick, eternally grateful for your heroic services.  Seriously.  She's probably a twin or really close with her equally hot girlfriend.  Why are you still reading this?  Go, lad!  Go!

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top