Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't there some licensing scheme just to own one?
No.
Glad I was remembering that wrong. All my ARs are 80% builds, can't wait to build more middle fingers.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:50:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
As of 8:45 PM.  Pierce will go green too.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/20175/Screen_Shot_2018-11-06_at_20_43_26_png-730923.JPG

So it wasn't just KingCo that fucked us, but the entire Puget Sound.  And Spokane.  Fuck you Spokane!!!!!!!
View Quote
Snohomish, I am dissappoint.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:51:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Wasn't there some licensing scheme just to own one? Maybe I'm misremembering.
View Quote
If you buy one, yes.  For life.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:54:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm disappointed but not even close to surprised. The entire measure and its extent was misrepresented from the beginning.

Damn I'd love to feed Sideshow Bob his glasses.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:56:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

No impact, until you go to buy another one.  So you can "panic buy" until 7/1/19 and avoid the extra bullshit.  Just another way they win though, if they convince you to never buy another "semi auto rifle".  You've effectively banned yourself.....
View Quote
I haven't bought anything but 3 savavage rascals since 594 passed
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:57:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm all stocked up.   I still can't believe 1639 is passing by those margins.  Why do libs hate freedom?
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:59:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm all stocked up.   I still can't believe 1639 is passing by those margins.  Why do libs hate freedom?
View Quote
Because they are fucking retarded!
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:00:42 AM EDT
[#8]
God dammit I just fucking left California last year to escape this retarded bullshit.

I've already lived through this once. Once this shit starts it just accelerates.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:01:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Because they're for *civil rights

*Except the one they've decided aren't convenient.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:03:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Buy some cheap lowers and resell them.  They aren't covered by 1639.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:04:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why aren't lowers covered?

I just really have no idea how this law is supposed to work.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:06:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And why couldn't you just buy lowers from the store if they aren't covered?
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:12:01 AM EDT
[#13]
What the hell is up with Whitman County?  I mean they voted in Herra, but they voted for this travesty of a bill..
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:13:58 AM EDT
[#14]
This is jacked, Seattle insanity has not only paralyzed Seattle, their now destroying the rest of the state.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:15:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because they are not necessarily semi-automatic firearms qualifying as 'assault weapons', only potentially so, if a standard upper half is attached. You could also potentially attach a single-shot or bolt-action or pump-action or muzzle-loading upper. You can still buy and sell standard AR-15 lowers freely in places like Calif. and New York.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:17:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
They aren't covered because they aren't semi-automatic rifles, as specifically called out in the initiative.  As we are all aware, they only become a rifle once paired with a rifled barrel.  Lowers and uppers if sold separately wont be subject to the law, of course until they figure that out and try and change it.......
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:19:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
God dammit I just fucking left California last year to escape this retarded bullshit.

I've already lived through this once. Once this shit starts it just accelerates.
View Quote
It started 4 years ago.

Been here all my life. I love this place. Time to plan for an exit.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:20:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Just horrible results all around for WA state.  Fuck.  Say hello to a income tax next session.  Total dem control.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:27:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It started 4 years ago.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It started 4 years ago.

Yeah, me too I guess. I always wanted to end up in Idaho or Montana but the plan was to work here and save money first.

I can't live with California type laws and be happy, I just can't. Wife and I may have to make the move sooner than we planned.

Fuck
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:28:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stripped lowers are transferred as "others". Same as buying a stripped pistol frame.
They aren't "semi-automatic rifles", so they don't trigger 1639 provisions.

Also 80% lowers do not trigger 1639.
Also, go to Oregon or Idaho and buy a complete rifle.  
Importing does not trigger 1639.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:29:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just horrible results all around for WA state.  Fuck.  Say hello to a income tax next session.  Total dem control.
View Quote
I don’t see it stopping with WA. You can move to the most conservative state and it will eventually catch up to you. People move from there democratic shit holes to somewhere that doesn’t have high taxes, pro 2A and so on, just to vote for the same shit they left. Specifically Californians and New Yorkers.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:30:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
You could, but others may not know that.

Peak neck beard!!!

Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:31:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Stripped lowers are transferred as "others". Same as buying a stripped pistol frame.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well let’s say I buy two AR15’s here in WA. Are they going to require training every five years just to own them or do I have to train with every rifle I buy if I were to do it here in WA?
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:32:42 AM EDT
[#24]
I want to thank all of you that absolutely busted your asses trying to fight so far, it might not have gone our way this step either but your efforts are appreciated
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:33:14 AM EDT
[#25]
I can’t believe WA is now almost worse than CA. Every negative gun law is going to pass and 940, un fricken believable. WA will be the only state to have a law like this. CA and NY aren’t even that stupid. I need to move to AZ.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:42:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I can’t believe WA is now almost worse than CA. Every negative gun law is going to pass and 940, un fricken believable. WA will be the only state to have a law like this. CA and NY aren’t even that stupid. I need to move to AZ.
View Quote
Dangerous times.  I guess a may wear a felon badge proudly in the future.  When every damn police organization was against 1639, I will keep on doing my thing.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:42:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don’t want any anti gun initiative or laws in WA but how are we almost worse than CA? We aren’t even close.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:45:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I don’t want any anti gun initiative or laws in WA but how are we almost worse than CA? We aren’t even close.
View Quote
Brother...........It is total dem control in the state now.  Courts too.  "We aren't even close?"  You paying attention?  We are there!  Suckville.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:47:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Brother...........It is total dem control in the state now.  Courts too.  "We aren't even close?"  You paying attention?  We are there!  Suckville.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Matter of time.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:48:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
I said almost worse, which was a figure of speech. I’m pretty sure the next one will be a full on AWB and it will pass just like 594 and soon to be 1639. I’m really pissed about 940 because I am an LEO and it’s making my job harder. Not even CA has a law like 940. That’s what I am trying to say.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:49:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
What the hell is up with Whitman County?  I mean they voted in Herra, but they voted for this travesty of a bill..
View Quote
WSU....
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:51:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You’re right. Just in a daze from tonight. Didn’t go the way I was expecting it. Tired of always being on the defensive in this state.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:51:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Well I already have a 25/mo recurring payment to saf, I threw an extra hundo. Hope Gottlieb still has an ace in his sleeve for now. Even if it get thrown out wholesale without changes to the initiative process it will be back .
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:54:54 AM EDT
[#34]
I lived in WA for almost 40 years. My wife and I have talked about escaping tyranny like this when given the opportunity and after I got a big promotion at work, we took it and are moving to TX. I'm coming back to Vancouver to wrap up things at the old house for about 10 days, then I'm outta there for good. Fuck the tyrannical liberals and their anti gun bullshit. This law passing is no better than Jim Crow laws passing--a sad day for anyone that loves liberty and freedom.

I've managed to escape before the iron curtain slammed shut. Now my goal is to help my family back in WA deal with this bullshit, especially my dad. Presuming that he stores his "evil fully semi automatic assault rifles" in a safe, and he doesn't buy any more after 7/1, he doesn't really have to deal with this crap, right? He's 70 years old, "stocking up" before the deadline is a viable option for him and I'll help him with that if he's interested. Can he just buy some lowers and legally assemble them later? I'm trying to keep him off as many "lists" as possible.

This shit fucking sucks. I feel like a Jew that escaped Poland before the SS got there. "Yay for me", but it makes me very sad to see millions of people, my former neighbors, getting royally fucked by a mob of ignorant, intolerant assholes.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:56:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I said almost worse, which was a figure of speech. I’m pretty sure the next one will be a full on AWB and it will pass just like 594 and soon to be 1639. I’m really pissed about 940 because I am an LEO and it’s making my job harder. Not even CA has a law like 940. That’s what I am trying to say.
View Quote
Was talking to my ex wife tonight about 940 while FaceTiming with my son. We couldn’t believe that passed (but this is WA after all) Her uncle is with SPD and have a few neighbors down in Pierce County who are law enforcement. It is going to make the job a lot harder.

I have a job offer in Idaho that I’m wondering if I should take...
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:56:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You’re right. Just in a daze from tonight. Didn’t go the way I was expecting it. Tired of always being on the defensive in this state.
View Quote
My friend....I am saddened by tonight with state results.   Fuck.  It sucks.  I know how you feel.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:59:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
My friend....I am saddened by tonight with state results.   Fuck.  It sucks.  I know how you feel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was finally building my AR collection back up after having to sell it and was interested to get into some other platforms as well, but is it even worth it now? I don’t want to be a defeatist and will still fight, but god damn...
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:00:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I lived in WA for almost 40 years. My wife and I have talked about escaping tyranny like this when given the opportunity and after I got a big promotion at work, we took it and are moving to TX. I'm coming back to Vancouver to wrap up things at the old house for about 10 days, then I'm outta there for good. Fuck the tyrannical liberals and their anti gun bullshit. This law passing is no better than Jim Crow laws passing--a sad day for anyone that loves liberty and freedom.

I've managed to escape before the iron curtain slammed shut. Now my goal is to help my family back in WA deal with this bullshit, especially my dad. Presuming that he stores his "evil fully semi automatic assault rifles" in a safe, and he doesn't buy any more after 7/1, he doesn't really have to deal with this crap, right? He's 70 years old, "stocking up" before the deadline is a viable option for him and I'll help him with that if he's interested. Can he just buy some lowers and legally assemble them later? I'm trying to keep him off as many "lists" as possible.

This shit fucking sucks. I feel like a Jew that escaped Poland before the SS got there. "Yay for me", but it makes me very sad to see millions of people, my former neighbors, getting royally fucked by a mob of ignorant, intolerant assholes.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:02:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Was talking to my ex wife tonight about 940 while FaceTiming with my son. We couldn’t believe that passed (but this is WA after all) Her uncle is with SPD and have a few neighbors down in Pierce County who are law enforcement. It is going to make the job a lot harder.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully it will get tossed by the courts, but it is going to make the job harder for sure. I’m retiring next year but feel sorry for every LEO that can’t.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:04:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Mark Miloscia lost in my 30th district.  Can't believe it.  I can't believe this night.  I knew the national races would go lib...........but some of the state shit just surprises me.   Lock and load boys.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:08:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thank god my wife has seven months left for her [STEM] BS. I've been in this state twenty years and am fucking done. July/August and we're out of this place.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:17:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Mark Miloscia lost in my 30th district.  Can't believe it.  I can't believe this night.  I knew the national races would go lib...........but some of the state shit just surprises me.   Lock and load boys.
View Quote
Yep.  The Dem's have full control now.
Senate: 28D to 21R (57%)
House:  57D to 41R  (58%)

Here come more gun laws, more taxes, more "progressive" spending.  Even though 1631 lost, they'll push it through at the legislature now.  State income tax? Yep, coming.  Pre-Emption?  Bye Bye!
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:25:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Here come more gun laws, more taxes, more "progressive" spending.  Even though 1631 lost, they'll push it through at the legislature now.  State income tax? Yep, coming.  Pre-Emption?  Bye Bye!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that's just as bad as 1639 passing...
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:27:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can’t the POTUS still veto what will come from the House?
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:29:41 AM EDT
[#45]
We have been planning on moving to Idaho, and now it will be next spring once our houses are sold. I love this state, but am done, 100% done.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:37:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Those are for Olympia. State not Federal.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:38:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's talking about the state level. WA has Dem: gov, house, and senate... with healthy majorities now.  So they can ram every leftist BS law they've wanted down our throats.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:39:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm disappointed but not even close to surprised. The entire measure and its extent was misrepresented from the beginning.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I knew it was going to pass when I read the ballot description.

What a fucking joke, "Vote yes for more gun safety". What a load of bullshit.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:46:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Peak neck beard!!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Peak neck beard!!!

That's fine if I want a dozen AR-15's. Where do I buy factory stripped receivers of anything else?
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:49:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Court approved language :-/
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top