BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 3:35:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Leesburg checking in.
Never lost power, but lost a patch of shingles off of my roof.
View Quote
I'm in in Lady Lake off Lake Griffin Road, east of Gray's Airport Road... still out of power...
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 7:24:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Still no power at my house.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 8:07:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Unincorporated West Boynton in the agri district...just west of the turnpike.
Just got power back.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 8:32:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Got my power back late last night in Gilchrist county. Still over 20,000 out for my power co-op last I checked. Lots of trees down in my area, but my home came thru fine. Driving back to Tallahassee today for work, I passed convoys of power trucks from Texas and Louisiana heading east. Saw tons of utility trucks, ambulances and various other official vehicles heading south on 19. Not sure where they were all from, but definitely not locals.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I keep getting kicked off the Lake Worth outage map.

But it's going from pink to blue pretty quickly.

Son is still in the dark tho.

Soon.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 10:51:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I got power back about 6:40 tonight while I was eating diner from the gas grill, we all screamed FUCK YEAH !!!! LOL
It was pretty hot today and the humidity was rocking. I just took one of the best out of 5 showers of my life. 
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:38:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I got power back about 6:40 tonight while I was eating diner from the gas grill, we all screamed FUCK YEAH !!!! LOL
It was pretty hot today and the humidity was rocking. I just took one of the best out of 5 showers of my life. 
View Quote
City?
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:17:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Daughter in Melbourne had some damage.  Pool screen is damaged and a down spout off the house.

Oh, and my mailbox that the HOA wanted us to paint... gone.

Does anyone have any indications of wind speed in the Melbourne/Viere/Palm Bay area?
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:32:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:52:46 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm in the St Cloud area and my power was restored Monday night. No damage to my house, fence, or trees. Some of my neighbors weren't so lucky.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 5:17:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Vacationer/survivor in Puerto Rico and formerly St. Thomas checking in. 

Went to hell and back and now I'm in paradise getting drunk. It's been a rough ride with a lot of ups and downs. Can't wait to make it back to FL. 
View Quote
Glad you and yours are safe.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 6:59:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Im on a river canal in gibtown and at 10 am Monday the water is going down...we on the south shore got lucky
View Quote
Morning news said the Alafia was flooding.  Good luck, man.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 6:59:28 AM EDT
[#13]
West end of Broward county lost power 9AM morning of the storm came back around midnight same day. Pool filled with leaves plenty of branches all around. All in all other than the 7 tornado warnings wasn't too bad. Lots of shit down around the neighborhood but didn't see any houses damaged. Cleaned the pool picked up the branches and mowed the lawn yesterday.
65 yr old wife went into work today she drives city streets 12 miles NE of where we live. Stubborn as hell did take a pistol but won't take it into work going to leave it in the car. She just got in only one traffic light out.
At 75 I am too old for this shit but I don't like the cold so where to go?
I hope everyone stays safe.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:28:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
City?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
City?
Homosassa ,Citrus County.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 12:31:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Internet finally returned.
No work today as they don't have power.
Will be researching roofers.

Glad to read no one was injured.  Just normal hurricane inconveniences.
Lots of traffic lights out still.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 1:55:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Power back on... fuel situation getting better.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:13:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
City?
thanks

west coast

still waiting for son to get power east of 95 in lake worth.

all hotels from stuart to miami are slammed.

hes not sleeping cuz heat an humidity, but hes dry, has a roof and running water.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:46:42 PM EDT
[#18]
We got power back last night in Palmetto, FL (manatee county).
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 4:33:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Another day with no power.  And the sewer lift station at the front of our subdivision is starting to back up.  Lakeland Electric is a bunch of worthless shits.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 7:59:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Still no power in NW Lakeland. Our chest freezer is still very cold with 7 bags of Ice (plenty of cold drinks and food).

Gas is plentiful, grocery stores are open and finally (as of today) well stocked.

I said to hell with it a few hours ago and headed to N. Lakeland Lowe's to see if they had any generators. I got lucky as they just got a truckload of them in.

Now I have my fridge, fans, TV, internet..etc. I did hear an elderly man tell someone at Lowe's that we may not have power around here for 3 more weeks.    

Stay safe fellas
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 8:40:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 9:37:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Another day with no power.  And the sewer lift station at the front of our subdivision is starting to back up.  Lakeland Electric is a bunch of worthless shits.
View Quote
I've been shitting in a bucket since day one due to lift stations.......
It's only been since sat/sun 

To many people out there are boohooing over a few days inconvenience...
Does it suck...yup..
But us can't change it in till next time.

And I can't clear my down trees out cuz work says the snowflakes need ass wiping...

Well all get power...
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:14:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Edgewater here. Got power back on about 20hrs after it went out. The folks that are on my street south of my house are on a different  main line that they haven't turned back on yet due to a line down the next street over. Internet came back on this evening. No damage to my house.

For anyone who likes to eat at Goodrich's in Oakhill on the river they got hit pretty hard,  saw a picture of the place with water almost to the road and alot of the dock, outside eating area is messed up or gone.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:27:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Pinellas County is getting power back fairly rapidly.  Should have all power restored by midnight Friday.

No power at my place yet. Hot and muggy. How did people live here before AC?  WHY did people live here before AC?
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:33:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Pinellas County is getting power back fairly rapidly.  Should have all power restored by midnight Friday.

No power at my place yet. Hot and muggy. How did people live here before AC?  WHY did people live here before AC?
View Quote
They didn't 
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 1:15:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Annnnnd the power is back. Just kicked back on for the first time since Monday at 0100.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:47:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
They didn't 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They didn't 
Last n8ght was the worst.
Wife had to leave the house closed up for 3+ hours to take the kid to Dr.
It was 87..70% h umidty.
Got gen going,fans on..3 AM. It was 82...
Said fuck it. Turned gen on got fan going. Laid in front of it.
House has dropped to 77-78 in hour and half roughly. We normally run at 76 anyway.

I really gotta make a cheater cord for my wall shaker...

Guess this is my "dont be lazy again " PSA lol .
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 6:18:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im on a river canal in gibtown and at 10 am Monday the water is going down...we on the south shore got lucky
Way  upstream , water going out ...im down on the bay end . Surge would get me with water coming in...thanks
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 8:01:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 9:20:37 AM EDT
[#30]
to stay cool at night, I've been freezing bottles of water (we have generator to run freezer but not to run fans all night) and rolling them on my head/neck as I lay in bed.  They go from 100% frozen to fully thawed in about 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 10:38:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Still no power at my home in Green Cove Springs.

Gen running two fridges and a freezer plus a window AC. I haven't really been roughing it other then lack of sleep since early Monday morning when we lost power.

Weird trying to sleep when you have to keep bedroom door closed, sliding glass door is unlocked due to power cords, and I can't hear anything other then Gen and Window Unit. Guess its lack of a secured perimeter keeping me up.

Fortunate no damage, neighborhood has power minus about 100 homes which mine is in the middle of.  Kicked power on Tuesday (09/12) at 1230. Ours came on for 5 min and kicked off.  Power people had already left and didn't come back until last night to assess what the problem is.  They are working on it all day today.  Frustrating that they just left without making sure everything was actually on-line but I know there are tons of people in far worse situations then I.

If anyone is in the area and needs anything shoot me a message, I should be able to check messages now, phone was worthless for a few days.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 11:27:40 AM EDT
[#32]
we came back on two nights ago thank g-d  but ours never failed, it was just shut off at 1am with millions of others the might of the storm, I'm assuming to make large line down repairs.

so so so many people still out here, but coming back little by little.

Tons of out of state crews and FPL too.

North Miami Beach.

Seen FPL, seen NMB workers picking up trees, seen ATT, usps, fedex, ups..

comcast? nowhere in sight.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 12:19:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
we came back on two nights ago thank g-d  but ours never failed, it was just shut off at 1am with millions of others the might of the storm, I'm assuming to make large line down repairs.

so so so many people still out here, but coming back little by little.

Tons of out of state crews and FPL too.

North Miami Beach.

Seen FPL, seen NMB workers picking up trees, seen ATT, usps, fedex, ups..

comcast? nowhere in sight.
View Quote
I've seen 1 Comcast truck. I've yet to see any fpl truck or any truck for that matter. This port Charlotte.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 1:48:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Power on,sewer stations back on....boil notice descended.
I'll finally have a hot shower and not have to shit in a bucket

Now..what to do with a 3 gallon bucket of bagged shit....

Good job clay electric. 

No to make sure my A.C. is safe to turn on and figure out why the wife couldn't keep the generator running while I was at work...
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:02:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Good job clay electric. 

No to make sure my A.C. is safe to turn on and figure out why the wife couldn't keep the generator running while I was at work...
View Quote
Lucky!  Nothing on the east side.  Barberville seems to be coming alive so it's close 
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 3:16:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Good job clay electric. 

View Quote
Have you ever been deployed? Your supposed to cut the bottom out of the bucket before you shit
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 4:40:58 PM EDT
[#37]
I had power back in less than 24 hours. Kudos OUC.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:19:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I had power back in less than 24 hours. Kudos OUC.
View Quote
Screw you Bradd it took OUC. 29 hours for mine to be turned back on  

Glad you made it threw OK
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:27:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Screw you Bradd it took OUC. 29 hours for mine to be turned back on  

Glad you made it threw OK
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 7:04:05 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm in Lehigh Acres.

Got power back yesterday at 1600. Ice!!!!!!!

Just got internet back. Cell service is still sketchy.

I'll be out and about tomorrow...Friday...if anyone around here needs anything.

Haven't read through the thread yet......
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 7:46:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Still no power here in N. Alachua Co. been out since 3PM Sat. got DSL and phone back today so they are getting closer. Genny humming away, got AC & TV in MBR, hot water, Dish, DSL, all the comforts. 
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 8:44:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Still no power here in N. Alachua Co. been out since 3PM Sat.  
View Quote
Saturday?
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 9:40:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Lucky!  Nothing on the east side.  Barberville seems to be coming alive so it's close 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good job clay electric. 

Fuck your damn tree and lines I had to drive over Tuesday. ..
Shame about the wreck.
Told wife if they don't get on point there'd be one. 
Least they have gens on the ligh5s now.

I knew we weren't  far..when I saw street lights at Blackwater. 

Got the call mid day.
But I gotta make sure a.c. is dried out..till then....

This is the original wall shaker.  I've been told remove it...put a window in there  etc by many.
Nope
No can do.
It's keep in us cool..do it gets a free pass. Lol.

But do I need a stamp for it......

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 9:47:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Ft Myers. No power, no comms. No water......only the pool and bottled. Genny runny the portable ac. Fuel wait was around 1-1.5 hours, but it got better today. I had to run up to Polk County to get a generator. Burning about 10 gallons a day. I'll live. With a headache......I don't know if it is the generator fumes or the gas fumes from transporting fual in the suv.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 9:58:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Lake worth

Most of the area is back up. Water and sewer never an issue.

My son is still dark right across the street ? Power is back.

Not a decent hotel room from WPB to Ft Lauderdale.

Lol

However I found him a room 2 miles from his place at a motel 6. Pet friendly so the baby chupacabra can stay cool tonight too!

Pic of chupacabra in the wild.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 10:27:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
I was working in Lakeland yesterday and stopped at Krystal for a quick lunch. Some old man was complaining about no power and couldn't find any D cells, so I went out to the van and grabbed 4 and gave to him.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 10:42:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I was working in Lakeland yesterday and stopped at Krystal for a quick lunch. Some old man was complaining about no power and couldn't find any D cells, so I went out to the van and grabbed 4 and gave to him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We're grateful for the workers coming in from out of state and the LE lineman are working very hard.  LE customer service though is horrible.  They make wildly inaccurate statements about how many people are out of power, how long it will take to restore it and where their units are actually working.  They'd do better just to say "we're too busy to make estimates or give numbers."  The way they do things just pisses off customers.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 8:03:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Power back in Green Cove around 1200 yesterday.  Took my time. Bringing house back on line. No issues this far, cleaned up tennis and power cords but haven't stored everything yet.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 10:12:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Saturday?
View Quote
Yep, since the 9th. 
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 10:54:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yep, since the 9th. 
View Quote
Right there with you. Lost power Sunday night.
Just a minor inconvenience for me. No home damage and that's what I was worried about.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top