BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:13:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Power out in Largo. 

Seminole power station blew at 102nd ave. supposedly Seminole got it pretty bad here in Pinellas. 
View Quote
Yeah, I am in Seminole, power went out to many homes 3pm yesterday.  No trees down in my hood but plenty of branches and tree debris everywhere.  We have gotten my corner cleaned up.

Sight-seers are rolling thru, men in pickup trucks who do not live here.  Probably looking to steal generators from front porches. I can see three generators from my porch.  Put that shit on the BACK porch!
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:15:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Pinellas county was supposed to have a press conf at 1030, anybody see it who can share details pls?
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:39:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Was like watching lightning lastnight. The sky was lighting up so much all the transformers blowing. Still managed to hang on to power though until 11pm lastnight.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:57:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Doing well in Oviedo.  Strong wind gusts.  Neighbor's rotten fence fell down, and dead pine tree back in the swamp finally fell.
View Quote
Go Lions!
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 1:05:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Any report regarding John Anderson Highway in Flagler Beach?

Did it flood? Is it passable?
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#6]
All family places from Cape Canaveral to Panama City good to go.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
of course I just booked them a room in Ft Lauderdale.... might have been the last one in the area.

eta
thanks for the update
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
just got a report from Lake Worth.

Power is out, no flooding (he is east of 95, near Dixie Hwy), both cares are intact. Sweat!!!

Natives are still calm.
FYI, they are hustling turning on power in that area. I am about 2 miles north and have many friends whose power is coming back on every hour.

We're going to venture out at 1pm as curfew is lifted until 8pm.
of course I just booked them a room in Ft Lauderdale.... might have been the last one in the area.

eta
thanks for the update
update-- no power at this hotel, Courtyard on Cypress. I canceled the res with no penalty. Desk couldnt understand why the marriot system was still taking reservations.

puppy took a big poop on their front lawn, back to Lake Worth!

any updates on power restoration in that area?
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 2:26:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Just got back to my house.  No damage, but no power either.  Just grateful for no damage.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
We've seen trucks rolling around and tree crews.

Forest hill at jog has plenty of places open to sit down in Ac and eat at. even Publix is open till 5pm:
Duffys
KFC
Applebees
Petes place

The other corner has places too but we didn't need to go over to that side.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 2:39:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Lake Wales has large areas of power out. Trees down everywhere. Fences destroyed. Some roof damage but over all pretty minor clean up stuff.
Hwy 60 shut down with detours when I was out checking livestock an hour ago.
We have gas and water so we have coffee.
Next door has power. We are good.
Crossing off "peeing in my back yard during a hurricane"off my Bucket List.
View Quote
pissing off the dock 40 foot  out the back door at 6 am starts my day..beats taking a cold shower like the rest of you seal team guys...
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 2:40:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

We've seen trucks rolling around and tree crews.

Forest hill at jog has plenty of places open to sit down in Ac and eat at. even Publix is open till 5pm:
Duffys
KFC
Applebees
Petes place

The other corner has places too but we didn't need to go over to that side.
View Quote
thanks

forest hill at jog?

they have a puppy, and shes preggers. its not fun but we agree it could be much worse.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 2:45:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yeah, I am in Seminole, power went out to many homes 3pm yesterday.  No trees down in my hood but plenty of branches and tree debris everywhere.  We have gotten my corner cleaned up.

Sight-seers are rolling thru, men in pickup trucks who do not live here.  Probably looking to steal generators from front porches. I can see three generators from my porch.  Put that shit on the BACK porch!
View Quote
some around fl. will put a cheap lawn mower next to the gen. and fire it up to cover the getaway
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm starting to see Fakebook posts by roofers saying that even if you don't see shingle damage you should call your insurance company and have your roof inspected.  Any honest roofers here that can weigh in on this?  To me this reeks of a ploy to get cheap insurance company money based on fear mongering, but I'm not a roofer/contractor.  I also did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Link Posted: 9/11/2017 3:25:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

forest hill at jog?

they have a puppy, and shes preggers. its not fun but we agree it could be much worse.
View Quote
Yes, that is Greenacres which is 1-2 blocks north of Lake Worth. If they have lived here for any amount of time, they'll know the area.

There should also be many places that are open in Lake Worth to get some AC and cold drinks.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 3:45:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Still here in west Cocoa, we started running calls again an hour before daybreak.

Generator was down all night, no power, county got a tech out around noon, low on coolant, so it shut itself down.

We could have unscrewed the radiator cap and the rain would have given us lights and AC

Overall good shape in Cocoa, limbs and trees, almost no structural damage.

They've lost water mains , projected weeks for repair, I know three Hospitals are evacuating and shutting down because of the water.

And no power yet
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Posted in GD and another thread here.  Just trying to help the family...

Have family in Fort Myers. They've burned through the gas they have for the generator. Anybody have verified suggestions on where they can go to get gas today?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Port St. Lucie (Treasure Coast) checking in.

We got very lucky. about 80-90% of the county is without power.

However, we have power, no flooding, and no damage whatsoever to the house. Just a couple downed tree limbs in the yard. Even our screens on the porch are ok.

God Blessed and Protected us mightily.

I know others are not so lucky, my family is very thankful that we are ok. Especially my 4 year old son, and three month old son.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 3:55:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Wimauma here. All good. Never lost power-dipped a few times but held.  Only damage is a ripped screen panel on lanai roof.  Great coverage all night on Bay News 9.  Couldn't watch the idiots on the Weather Channel any more.

I dropped temp in house to 63 degrees anticipating a power outage. I'm glad I didn't have to see how long the house would remain cool when power went out.

Best Wishes to all that weren't as fortunate.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 3:55:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yes, that is Greenacres which is 1-2 blocks north of Lake Worth. If they have lived here for any amount of time, they'll know the area.

There should also be many places that are open in Lake Worth to get some AC and cold drinks.
View Quote
thank you so much
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 6:13:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Lake worth details in this article:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/hurricane-irma-pbc-schools-out-through-wednesday-power-could-out-weeks-not-days/6ktYGwa1ejhGaSrxE7TNmK/
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 7:02:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Lake worth details in this article:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/hurricane-irma-pbc-schools-out-through-wednesday-power-could-out-weeks-not-days/6ktYGwa1ejhGaSrxE7TNmK/
View Quote
Oh my. Not good if it's weeks.

They'll be uncomfortable but in one piece.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 7:08:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Vacationer/survivor in Puerto Rico and formerly St. Thomas checking in. 

Went to hell and back and now I'm in paradise getting drunk. It's been a rough ride with a lot of ups and downs. Can't wait to make it back to FL. 
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#23]
West Boynton checking in.
No damage but still no power or internet.
Publix was open today...air conditioning and food.
Cool off there...but curfew at 8 pm is still in effect.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 7:59:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm starting to see Fakebook posts by roofers saying that even if you don't see shingle damage you should call your insurance company and have your roof inspected.  Any honest roofers here that can weigh in on this?  To me this reeks of a ploy to get cheap insurance company money based on fear mongering, but I'm not a roofer/contractor.  I also did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

View Quote
My nephew works in the insurance industry and he will be responsible for adusting over 40,000 claims.

He advised me to have my roof inspected.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 8:25:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Powerless in winter haven
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 9:09:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Volusia County Port Orange area.

Lost power about 0100 and came back on about 1000. Ran off back up power system.

Lots of debris everywhere.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 9:30:15 PM EDT
[#27]
I feel very fortunate. I am in DTSP and never lost power. Never lost internet. Fence and limb damage but that's it.

I literally know nobody with power except me. Not a single person or family member or coworker has power from St Pete to Ft Lauderdale.

Even most of my street is out thanks to a big ass oak tree taking out a pole. So lucky.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 9:39:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Checking in via candle light and an iPad from Orlando, near Windermere. Lost power around 7pm last night, lots of trees down, pool screens shredded, fences blown all over but we escaped unscathed. Could have been a lot worse...
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 9:54:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Southern end of clay county.....

Slept through the storm... Woke up a few times during the night when the power was flickering causing the damn stove timer to beep....

Lot's of downed limbs and a small vine covered tree blocking the drive, but can still gain access... Lost power right at 9:11AM and came back on at 5:30ish.... No damage to the home that I know of... Didn't inspect the roof as I had to report to the station to give some relief to the guys that ran all night.  

While I have ample stored foods, water and other preparedness related gear... The wife has added a few things to the acquire list... One being a generator! And I'm getting a SAT phone! Lost cell service and it's still intermittent now... Also house phones are via the cable/dishnetwork... Was completely phone less for most of the day.

I've rested on my laurels long enough.

Glad everyone made it through okay.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 9:58:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Ocoee here.  We got our fun at 3am last night.  All accounted for.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 10:42:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Tavares here. No damage to my house except some plants didnt make it. Took down all my plywood today and cleaned up. Neighbor lost a bunch of shingles but we never lost power. The older side of the neighborhood lost a lot of big trees and a lot of fences are down. My parents in casselberry still dont have power but have a generator.

Link Posted: 9/11/2017 10:56:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
All family places from Cape Canaveral to Panama City good to go.
View Quote
Good to hear Bob. All good in Hernado, lost power and several trees but no damage to house. 
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 7:38:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Leesburg checking in.
Never lost power, but lost a patch of shingles off of my roof.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 8:48:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Kissimmee here boggy creek and Narcoossee
View Quote
No real damage  got power back 6;30 am this morning

Please everyone stay safe
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 8:52:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Wellington, Forest Hill and the Turnpike checking in - power failed 6:30 am Sunday (9/10); cable, internet failed 6:00 pm Sunday.  Cell phone had no problems with this storm or afterwards.  Everything came back last night (Monday) @ ~ 9:00 pm.  Conditions back to normal.

Ran my 12 year old 6,200 watt Briggs & Stratton gen continuously for the entire duration of the outage (~38 hours).  It started on the first pull (like always) and ran flawlessly.  Ran "the essentials" in my whole house and was even able to start/run the 1 ton central A/C unit that cools my master suite (bedroom, bathroom, 2 closets).

Stay safe...

- R -
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:29:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Homosassa, Citrus County checking in,no damage at my place. No power and might be 10 days before we get any. I'm right on the coast and they said no surge ,so that's a relief also. Reports on Facebook of looters in my AO, if you can believe Facebook people.      Edit to add ...Cell service was slim to none but it's back just now.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 10:43:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Still alive. No power. Limited cell service. No damage other than down trees.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 10:52:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Any one got a gas availability report for Palm Beach county?

Son is at work in Boynton Beach.

Lake Worth is getting folks on line, but still nothing for him.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:34:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
gasbuddy.com tracker.  Also available as an "app"...

You can also grab and move the map and then click "Redo search in this area" in the upper right corner for the "new" location...  
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:35:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Have him try Costco (if he's got a card) at Lantana and I-95. They had gas with no lines this AM. It's in Lantana, next town up from Boynton.

I'm out of area, but have family running around in WPB who I'm in coms with...
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:36:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
That app is useless. A few of us tried using that when we were in Ocala and it was wrong 90% of the time.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:37:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Wellington, Forest Hill and the Turnpike checking in - power failed 6:30 am Sunday (9/10); cable, internet failed 6:00 pm Sunday.  Cell phone had no problems with this storm or afterwards.  Everything came back last night (Monday) @ ~ 9:00 pm.  Conditions back to normal.

- R -
View Quote
Sounds like Village Walk or Olympia?

I'm just east of you near Forest Hill at Jog.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That app is useless. A few of us tried using that when we were in Ocala and it was wrong 90% of the time.
View Quote
I've never used it - just saw it referenced recently in the post-Irma threads and thought it might be at least a little useful...
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:40:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Sounds like Village Walk or Olympia?

I'm just east of you near Forest Hill at Jog.
View Quote
Villagewalk!    My office used to be at the corner of Forest Hill & Jog...  that corner gets power back very quickly after storms...  I can't figure out why tho...  
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:53:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You can also grab and move the map and then click "Redo search in this area" in the upper right corner for the "new" location...  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

go it

checked it out

we shall see

thanks
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:54:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Have him try Costco (if he's got a card) at Lantana and I-95. They had gas with no lines this AM. It's in Lantana, next town up from Boynton.

I'm out of area, but have family running around in WPB who I'm in coms with...
View Quote
thats where he is heading after his hsift this afternoon. His preggo girl friend is flying home for the next week, so its just him, the pup, and the humidity.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:28:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 2:04:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Vacationer/survivor in Puerto Rico and formerly St. Thomas checking in. 

Went to hell and back and now I'm in paradise getting drunk. It's been a rough ride with a lot of ups and downs. Can't wait to make it back to FL. 
View Quote
Good to hear you made it through alright.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 2:04:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Back safely in Safety Harbor. No flooding, no damage at all. No power, but city water is on and drinkable. Frankly had more damage up in Ocala.. But frankly, knowing how close we came, I am damn thankful that out of everything.. No power is our worst issue
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 2:54:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Just got an email from Lake Worth town hall notification system.

they got the tie in line from FPL repaired and they are off generator. Circuits are starting to come up to get the most people on line as best they can. West of 95 and city center.

Its still a slow process.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top