Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2016 4:47:23 PM EDT
Have an Omega 30; Spectre II; and Tirant 45M. Tried a F1 on a 5" 1911 similar to mine and may have caught a bug.
I've been reading here (and a couple other specific sites) for a week. I have some experience to draw on, but I'd really like to keep these fairly simple in the event I need to repair / rebuild them far down the road.

I'm admittedly getting caught up in 41F panic and I have little desire to buy commercial cans now. I'm looking at 2 or 3 stamps to future proof and trying to decide what to file, and then what I actually want to build.

• Basically what I'm thinking is that I'd like to build a light 9mm pistol can (Ti; filed 7", finish ~6"; 0.400 bore +/- 005) because I have a few pistols and an SBR there.

• Pretty sure I want a 5.56 can to quiet down the main plinker & trainer. Stainless; 8-10"; 0.250 bore +10/-0. Leave the Omega for the 300blk SBR & 308 bolt action.

• Lastly I'm really debating on making a BIG rifle can. Something of a catchall ... but I don't have any plans or real desires to get anything bigger than 6.5 Creedmoor.

• If I don't do the BIG rifle can, I'll probably grab a DM 6" 22 kit, or make a long Ti 22lr and chase "hollywood" quiet. Because I love some 10/22s & 22lr pistols.

Is any of this making any sense? If so does this sound like decent coverage?

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 11:03:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Read every thread pertaining to BYO cans as others did for clarifying what you want and how to approach it.

The compiled thread is a great help.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_55/461732_Beginner_s_Guide.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top