Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:18:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this.  Especially at the $200 price point.

Any idea what the STABL is?  The website says its relevant for Glock 17,22&31.

Thoughts on the flashlight?  Will a different one fit?  Looks integral and required and another $67.

Finally, where did you get the folding brace with tailhook?  I think it looks better (lighter?) than the brace provided.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this.  Especially at the $200 price point.

Any idea what the STABL is?  The website says its relevant for Glock 17,22&31.

Thoughts on the flashlight?  Will a different one fit?  Looks integral and required and another $67.

Finally, where did you get the folding brace with tailhook?  I think it looks better (lighter?) than the brace provided.
View Quote
The micro Roni STAB comes with a stabilizer brace and doesn’t have the integrated front magazine holder. I’ve read great reviews on the factory light and at around $70, it’s an exceptional value.

I made my brace by chopping off a factory stock (butt) and fitting the GH tailhook Mod-1 brace. The stock was purchased for $42 through YRS, Inc out of Isreal. It’s an easy modification.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 9:24:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This photo shows a cluster of 20 rounds fired with the Roni after the pistol was fired solo. As everyone can see, the Glock held perfect zero from my first outing last week. We shot 150 rounds (Remington) today for a current total of 200 rounds with this set up without issue.

Todays Remington ammo seemed to have a a little more felt recoil than the 50 rounds of Blazer I shot last week. Still extremely manageable with the Roni.

I jerked the damn first shot hitting just outside bullseye. After calming down and rearranging my panties, I shot a little  better. I’m really diggin the Roni..!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/los3088/RONI/DCAFA49B-1DB5-4D67-B2C7-2C538562AE4C_zpsjmm2hh64.jpg
View Quote
That's one of the BEST 5 yard groups I've seen! good job!
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 9:41:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, LOS, do you live near the Austin area?   I want to do the slide stop removal but have no confidence in my Dremel skills.

Also, you need to get the integral flashlight....great addition..
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This photo shows a cluster of 20 rounds fired with the Roni after the pistol was fired solo. As everyone can see, the Glock held perfect zero from my first outing last week. We shot 150 rounds (Remington) today for a current total of 200 rounds with this set up without issue.

Todays Remington ammo seemed to have a a little more felt recoil than the 50 rounds of Blazer I shot last week. Still extremely manageable with the Roni.

I jerked the damn first shot hitting just outside bullseye. After calming down and rearranging my panties, I shot a little  better. I’m really diggin the Roni..!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/los3088/RONI/DCAFA49B-1DB5-4D67-B2C7-2C538562AE4C_zpsjmm2hh64.jpg
Ha..! The grouping was accomplished at 45-50 ft.

At 5 yards I have no doubt that the micro roni would help my G19 achieve consistent ragged hole groups.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 9:43:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hey, LOS, do you live near the Austin area?   I want to do the slide stop removal but have no confidence in my Dremel skills.

View Quote
I'm in corpus. Is your roni a G19 model? I'll be happy to do the slide release access mod if you're willing to pay return shipping.

The mod only takes about an hour to complete so I can ship it back within 24 hours of taking delivery. Lemme know.

-jimmy
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 10:53:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:  Hey, LOS, do you live near the Austin area?   I want to do the slide stop removal but have no confidence in my Dremel skills.

View Quote
Hey, you can mail it to me, I have a Dremel.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:40:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, I'm all in. I just ordered the Cerakote paint and sprayer. Everything should be delivered in about a week.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 1:13:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The micro Roni STAB comes with a stabilizer brace and doesn’t have the integrated front magazine holder. I’ve read great reviews on the factory light and at around $70, it’s an exceptional value.

I made my brace by chopping off a factory stock (butt) and fitting the GH tailhook Mod-1 brace. The stock was purchased for $42 through YRS, Inc out of Isreal. It’s an easy modification.
View Quote
Can you post pictures of the chop job?  Was it this one?  Stock
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 1:27:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, just ordered.  The brace that uses the tailhook is OOS.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 10:37:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
I didn’t photograph the process sequence but I can post detailed photos of the tube, post-mod.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 12:52:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 1:16:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I didn’t photograph the process sequence but I can post detailed photos of the tube, post-mod.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be great, I like the look and would like the same setup.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 2:56:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That would be great, I like the look and would like the same setup.
View Quote
Here you go. These photos will give you an idea where I made the diagonal cut and on how much material was removed to fit the GHW Mod-1 Brace.

Link Posted: 12/3/2018 12:31:00 AM EDT
[#16]
I had an epiphany about an hour ago so I went to the bench and 10 minutes later, a (non-vertical to the bore) magazine carrier was born.

Link Posted: 12/4/2018 1:05:49 AM EDT
[#17]
I also made a side mag carrier..

I like it much better than the first proto so I intend to test this one on my next range trip.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 1:20:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 1:25:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
very nice

gotta love kydex
View Quote
I have a side biz working with various thermoplastic acrylic-polyvinyl chloride materials, so yes, I love Kydex..! :)
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 9:20:52 PM EDT
[#20]
We are GTG.

Link Posted: 12/7/2018 9:24:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Are you right or left handed?

As a right handed shooter, I think it would be better on the right side.  This would not interfere with my support hand, and it would be easy to reach.

Also, when hanging from the sling, it would be on the outside.

Outstanding idea.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 9:39:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Are you right or left handed?

As a right handed shooter, I think it would be better on the right side.  This would not interfere with my support hand, and it would be easy to reach.

Also, when hanging from the sling, it would be on the outside.

Outstanding idea.
View Quote
Great point on the position while hanging with a sling. The design and mounting location makes the Carrier ambidextrous. Mounted on the right side, it completely clears the RONI ejection opening.

Photo of the same carrier mounted on the right-side w/ G17 Mag.

Link Posted: 12/8/2018 4:38:44 PM EDT
[#23]
And now in Burnt Bronze.

I was hoping for a darker finish but I'm content.

Link Posted: 12/9/2018 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#24]
That looks nice.  Is that a tailhook? How are you all doing that mod?
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 2:47:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
That looks nice.  Is that a tailhook? How are you all doing that mod?
View Quote
Photos on Tail Hook install posted above. :)

..and Thank You.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 9:42:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks good!  I've received a tailhook, but not my Roni.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 10:40:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Looks good!  I've received a tailhook, but not my Roni.
View Quote
ANTICIPATION.... :)
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 2:57:25 AM EDT
[#28]
I want this same build for my Glock 20
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 5:32:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I want this same build for my Glock 20
View Quote
That’s my next project..
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 10:01:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Taking the roni out to the range on Sunday. I suspect the prior POA to POI has changed because of the chassis and top rail disassembly I had to do for the cerakote finish.

I’ll post photos of the target after I dial in the Romeo.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 10:34:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Still patiently waiting for my delivery.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 10:48:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Did you order from YRSinc..?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:51:40 PM EDT
[#33]
I have a 2nd generation Micro Roni Stabilizer, but since I acquired suppressors, I really didn’t want to shoot without one.

Some options included removing the Flash Hider and using a Dremel to cut the frame.  That is something I wasn’t comfortable doing.

I saw a video on YouTube, by Solscud, and I wanted to keep it as a pistol.

So I ordered a 10” barrel By IGB out of YRS Inc. I acquired my Gen 3 Glock 19 for free apart from the Humpty Dumpty Glock Story.

I took the brace off and slid the Glock right into it.

First thing I did was remove my suppressor sights so I could use them for something else.

Then I polished the feedramp in the barrel.

For the Micro Roni Stabilizer , it requires removal of the brace to fit the Glock into it.

If you get a 16” barrel, you have to take the whole Roni apart by removing the rail and opening the clamshell to push a long barrel from one end.

For the 10”, the Glock will fit right into after removal of the brace.  The brace is secured by two screws, and a plastic pin.  Under the securing latch, there is a button and a detent spring.

I’m going to shoot it Suppressed today.

Before this, I considered a Ruger PC Carbine 9 mm, Keltec Sub 2000, AR 9 mm.  But I already had a spare Glock and the Roni.  The spare Glock was free (See Humpty Dumpty Glock thread). I have had the Micro Roni for a while.

The barrel was $187, shipped.

As for how it will run, I saw this video by someone else today...Glock 17 10” Barrel Suppressed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zpsa9i6hb_w#action=share

Someone mentioned that there were shorter barrels available in 6” so that is an option.  I know IGB has a 7.5” option.  You need a longer barrel to clear the flash hider in front of the Roni.

On the YRS INC site, the Roni Stabilizer is going for $200.  I paid $335 but it was just released back then.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 12:58:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Neat.  My LGS has a 16" bbl & stock kit on the shelf.

I need to get my 16" 1911 bbl fitted so I can build a stock for it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 11:24:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I have a 2nd generation Micro Roni Stabilizer, but since I acquired suppressors, I really didn’t want to shoot without one.

Some options included removing the Flash Hider and using a Dremel to cut the frame.  That is something I wasn’t comfortable doing.

I saw a video on YouTube, by Solscud, and I wanted to keep it as a pistol.

So I ordered a 10” barrel By IGB out of YRS Inc. I acquired my Gen 3 Glock 19 for free apart from the Humpty Dumpty Glock Story.

I took the brace off and slid the Glock right into it.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181216/ae286db48938008e6e047abeb28dd78f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181216/fb8c0199abd644541b1c29ee59477ca9.jpg

First thing I did was remove my suppressor sights so I could use them for something else.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181216/4835e3343f234d945528094ec2f98f9a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181216/6ed9a68cbf33848117815cd8f8edde7f.jpg

Then I polished the feedramp in the barrel.

For the Micro Roni Stabilizer , it requires removal of the brace to fit the Glock into it.

If you get a 16” barrel, you have to take the whole Roni apart by removing the rail and opening the clamshell to push a long barrel from one end.

For the 10”, the Glock will fit right into after removal of the brace.  The brace is secured by two screws, and a plastic pin.  Under the securing latch, there is a button and a detent spring.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181216/ec44b6ef6e52c521b847f8d3c8bf654d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181216/de98c0d0b900da69bf7654881e13c0ba.jpg

I’m going to shoot it Suppressed today.

Before this, I considered a Ruger PC Carbine 9 mm, Keltec Sub 2000, AR 9 mm.  But I already had a spare Glock and the Roni.  The spare Glock was free (See Humpty Dumpty Glock thread). I have had the Micro Roni for a while.

The barrel was $187, shipped.

As for how it will run, I saw this video by someone else today...Glock 17 10” Barrel Suppressed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zpsa9i6hb_w#action=share

Someone mentioned that there were shorter barrels available in 6” so that is an option.  I know IGB has a 7.5” option.  You need a longer barrel to clear the flash hider in front of the Roni.

On the YRS INC site, the Roni Stabilizer is going for $200.  I paid $335 but it was just released back then.
View Quote
Outstanding job! Pretty bad ass set-up. Take a bunch of photos of your range trip and accuracy results and post them here.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 9:25:31 PM EDT
[#36]
I had the 33 rounder and it had feeding issues from the start, so I tried 15 and 17 round magazines.

I shot a total of 50 rounds.  I had issues of FTE with the Suppressor, and I’m thinking my springs are way to strong for this barrel.

I shot without the Suppressor and the issues improved.  I did have one FTE but I got through the rest of the 9.

I just ordered 15 and 13# springs from Rock your Glock.

I don’t have issues with other shorter threaded barrels.  I’ll change out the springs and try again.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 8:11:00 PM EDT
[#37]
A few things were delivered today...

Link Posted: 12/25/2018 2:30:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Next Mod on the agenda..:

I intend to remove the concussion device from my Micro Roni to make it Suppressor friendly. A 7” threaded barrel will extend pass the micro roni chassis to the exact length of where the factory concussion device ends.

Debating on whether to order a stainless barrel, or not...

Here's a photoshop of how the threaded barrel / Suppressor will eventually look,  with the CD removed...:

Link Posted: 12/25/2018 4:34:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Next Mod on the agenda..:

I intend to remove the concussion device from my Micro Roni to make it Suppressor friendly. A 7” threaded barrel will extend pass the micro roni chassis to the exact length of where the factory concussion device ends.

Debating on whether to order a stainless barrel, or not...

Here's a photoshop of how the threaded barrel will look with the CD removed...:

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/los3088/RONI/RONI%20Burnt%20Bronze/EF946D4E-2FE2-4858-A28D-938CB8A8DD87_zpsadke70ak.jpg
View Quote
I've seen you around here searching for the correct barrel for this project and I'm rooting for you m8. Let us know when you figure it all out because I'd love to do something similar down the road.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 5:02:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Thank you. I definitely will, and Ill document everything on this thread.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 7:50:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I had the 33 rounder and it had feeding issues from the start, so I tried 15 and 17 round magazines.

I shot a total of 50 rounds.  I had issues of FTE with the Suppressor,...I shot without the Suppressor and the issues improved.
View Quote
I'm almost positive that your barrel is making contact with the factory concussion device at discharge. if so, the barrel will not completely tilt at discharge. Check your barrel and CD for markings.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 8:12:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Gotta save up more money, being all responsible and shit

Also the Roni is illegal in CA because it's a "barrel shroud" and turns the Glock into an "assault pistol" but that won't be an issue anymore in a few months
View Quote
how exactly does it make it an assualt pistol? I image the barrel shroud part could be sorted out somehow, and Im not getting the assualt pistol part. mag still goes in the grip, its just a g19 with a not a stock, stock.

ETA the recon and stabilizer versions are supposedly CA legal according to their website.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 9:50:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
how exactly does it make it an assualt pistol? I image the barrel shroud part could be sorted out somehow, and Im not getting the assualt pistol part. mag still goes in the grip, its just a g19 with a not a stock, stock.

ETA the recon and stabilizer versions are supposedly CA legal according to their website.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gotta save up more money, being all responsible and shit

Also the Roni is illegal in CA because it's a "barrel shroud" and turns the Glock into an "assault pistol" but that won't be an issue anymore in a few months

Barrel shrouds is the relevant part in this case. CAA won't even ship to CA.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 2:33:08 PM EDT
[#44]
I’ll check.  I had a 10 round magazine, and it had a FTE once without the Suppressor.

I ordered a couple of different recoi lsprings for my Glock 19.

If there is a lot of contact, then I’ll remove the CD.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 9:27:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'm almost positive that your barrel is making contact with the factory concussion device at discharge. if so, the barrel will not completely tilt at discharge. Check your barrel and CD for markings.
View Quote
I replaced the spring and I’m going to test it tomorrow.  When I pull the bolt back, yes, the longer barrel contacts the factory concussion device, as you said.  I guess I’ll have to remove that, then, huh?
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 9:47:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I replaced the spring and I’m going to test it tomorrow.  When I pull the bolt back, yes, the longer barrel contacts the factory concussion device, as you said.  I guess I’ll have to remove that, then, huh?
View Quote
Remove it only for modification. Afterwards It will need to be reattached. The CD actually helps stabilize the upper front part of the chassis as it connects the chassis shells together with screws on each side.

The CD will need to be modified by chopping off the “muzzle” and also taking off material (ala dremel) from the upper front and upper rear area of the CD. In other words, all the barrel contact points. It’s an easy job.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 6:49:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Remove it only for modification. Afterwards It will need to be reattached. The CD actually helps stabilize the upper front part of the chassis as it connects the chassis shells together with screws on each side.

The CD will need to be modified by chopping off the “muzzle” and also taking off material (ala dremel) from the upper front and upper rear area of the CD. In other words, all the barrel contact points. It’s an easy job.
View Quote
Well, the springs didn’t work as you said. It’s a good thing that I have a lot of tools.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 6:57:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Well, the springs didn’t work as you said. It’s a good thing that I have a lot of tools.
View Quote
Should be an easy job. Try to only remove just enough material off the CD for barrel clearance. Preserve the connecting points (at 9 & 3 o’clock) of the CD and you’re good to go.

I’ll be doing the exact Mod to my Roni once I receive my KKM (7”) threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 7:46:09 PM EDT
[#49]
I took this bad boy apart.

God! I hope I can get it back together again.

So I am going to trim the muzzle from the 2:00 to 10:00 position?

I just want to make sure. It seems like that is the area that contacts the barrel.

Link Posted: 1/1/2019 7:59:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Excellent.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top