Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 210 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 2:32:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SilasB] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tranzformer:

$1200? The MSRP is $1150. CZ dealers already have it in their system at the mid to high $900s to low $1000 range.
View Quote
> CZ dealer.

You could be right, but hold on to that thought. No distributor actually has any yet and most of those listings were posted earlier in 2018. There may have been some 'recalculation' on costs.

Edit:  And I'll edit to say, I hope it was bad gouge.  Under $1k would be a much more attractive price point.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 3:55:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By HEIT_APDST:
I really like my HB Industries duck-bill mag release and Apex grip. I don't see that Magpul has
improved on them enough to switch. But those mags.... oh my.
I'm in for ten of the 35-rounders.
View Quote
I agree with the HBI Duck Bill mag release-like mine a lot and don't see the need for Magpuls.

I do, however, want the magpul grip, but will hold out to see if they do one in the + version that is the softer rubber.

Love those and have them on all my AR's and AK. I also am looking forward to the mags.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 6:29:45 PM EDT
[#3]
For anyone whose been holding out on a yetiwurks switch back grip. They have blems for $20! Just got one finally.

https://www.yetiwurks.com/Blemished-Yeti-Wurks-Switchback-Grip-Blk_p_72.html
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 7:04:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Wildbill990:
For anyone whose been holding out on a yetiwurks switch back grip. They have blems for $20! Just got one finally.

View Quote
Thanks, picked one up as well.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 7:19:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By xd45c:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

One less in stock  Thanks
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:29:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Just a heads up, Natchez has a 10% off code right now and I just ordered the cz binary trigger for $415 shipped.  Lowest price I've found.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 9:11:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By inferno715:
Just a heads up, Natchez has a 10% off code right now and I just ordered the cz binary trigger for $415 shipped.  Lowest price I've found.
View Quote
Fuck me I really need to stay out of this thread.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 9:47:28 AM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Good thing you didn’t see them when rifle gear had them in stock a few days ago for $382
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 10:32:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Good thing you didn't see them when rifle gear had them in stock a few days ago for $382
View Quote
Doh!  Good score!
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 10:57:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I picked up a couple of the newer black windowed mags a few weeks ago, they had black followers

I grabbed a couple yesterday that have white followers and are marked 9x19/9x21

Is this yet another new generational change in mags?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Good thing you didn’t see them when rifle gear had them in stock a few days ago for $382
View Quote
Gun Pro Deals has them for $370 from time to time.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:42:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wildbill990] [#12]
Doh!  Good score!
View All Quotes

Good thing you didn't see them when rifle gear had them in stock a few days ago for $382
Doh!  Good score!
Oh, I didn’t get one. Just saw it posted. I’m fine with the HBI spring and yetiwurks adjustable trigger. Pretty good setup for $50.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:02:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Oh, I didn’t get one. Just saw it posted. I’m fine with the HBI spring and yetiwurks adjustable trigger. Pretty good setup for $50.
View Quote
My spring kit didn’t even arrive in the mail yet.... Still waiting for the brace too, guess no point in firing it now until the trigger gets here.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Wonder what the 2 screws on the left side of the magpul grip are for?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 9:36:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mc556] [#15]
Hey can anyone send me the magwell inner width on a evo.  Trying to decide if I want to wait and buy a K model or do a 5in ar9.  If I do the ar9 I want to see if I can figure a way to use evo mags.
I have access to a mill so who knows
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 7:17:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By mc556:
Hey can anyone send me the magwell inner width on a evo.  Trying to decide if I want to wait and buy a K model or do a 5in ar9.  If I do the ar9 I want to see if I can figure a way to use evo mags.
View Quote
There was a recent article about an Israeli 9mm AR that took Scorpion mags.  I think with PSA and more importantly Magpul making magazines AR Scorpion lowers will be the "next big thing" and possibly even the standard.  It will the the first reliable polymer cheap 9mm magazine pattern, minus Glock pattern of course.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 10:39:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Wildbill990] [#17]
View Quote
Stick to Glock mags, they’re thinner and will fit a milspec ar lower. I just eyed up an evo mag to an AR lower and you’d have to mill the magwell a lot to get an evo mag to fit. You’d also need to come up with a new catch to lock the mag in place. Not worth the effort considering how weak the magwell might be milling that much material out.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 7:27:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 6:47:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Just saw this on IG.

CZ trigger
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 9:02:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By doubleshot00:
Just saw this on IG.

CZ trigger
View Quote
Interesting. I might be in for one as soon as I get the cash provided other hobbies don't come first. I appreciate how they are honest that it is more than trigger than what is probably needed, and I can agree with them on that. I like their packaging, from a marketing perspective.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 11:39:01 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote
Will measure and post up later if someone does not beat me to it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 11:43:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By doubleshot00:
Just saw this on IG.

CZ trigger
View Quote
Another option, Shooters Element, $50 bucks for polish internals and install of the $8.95 HBI Springs, night and day difference over OEM.

Gritty 9 lb pull is now smooth 4 lb pull.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 11:51:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By BGENE:

Another option, Shooters Element, $50 bucks for polish internals and install of the $8.95 HBI Springs, night and day difference over OEM.

View Quote
I have the SE trigger and all the springs and mine still sucks.  Better than the factory option but im so used to Geissele triggers in my AR and im a bit disappointed in Geissele.  Seems they got big with MIL/LEO.

So I'll mostlikely give this trigger a try.  THen just like clock work Geissele will come out with one soon after my purchase.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 2:19:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Has anyone here tried the Franklin Armory binary trigger in their Scorpion?  I've been searching around to see if anyone has heard of any out of battery discharges with them?  I've searched around for it but haven't seen any results either positive or negative.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 5:46:54 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote
@mc556

Gen 1 EVO cheapo Harbor Freight Caliper;  .998 is what I get.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 1:02:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Has anyone mounted the Parker Mountain Machine QD onto their EVO 3?  If so, how did you like it? Is it a workable solution to add a single point sling?
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 1:06:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By shane01:
Has anyone mounted the Parker Mountain Machine QD onto their EVO 3?  If so, how did you like it? Is it a workable solution to add a single point sling?
View Quote
I was all about getting one till I saw some reports of the upper cracking and breaking from using them. That leverage pulling the upper in a direction it wasn’t designed to be pulled doesn’t work well. I ended up going with a blue force Tactical with a u loop on one end.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 1:33:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Girthrockwel:
I was all about getting one till I saw some reports of the upper cracking and breaking from using them. That leverage pulling the upper in a direction it wasn't designed to be pulled doesn't work well. I ended up going with a blue force Tactical with a u loop on one end.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Girthrockwel:
I was all about getting one till I saw some reports of the upper cracking and breaking from using them. That leverage pulling the upper in a direction it wasn't designed to be pulled doesn't work well. I ended up going with a blue force Tactical with a u loop on one end.
I took my PMM QD off of the serial numbered side and went with the loop too. If I happen to use the QD and if it rips off on the other side it is a easier fix.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 1:37:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mav3rick] [#29]

View Quote
For the DIY's, you can do this yourself with the HBI spring using this video. Works great and only cost me my time plus the spring.
How to do a CZ Scorpion Evo 3 Trigger Job!
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 1:57:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Atschach] [#30]
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 2:56:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Badass
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 6:18:20 PM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes

Just got mine

I received a batch of grips with out of spec backstraps. As a result I'm selling to you at a reduced cost.  These are perfectly functional grips, but the backstraps on some may require filling/sanding 1/16th inch of material from the top of the backstrap to pin in place properly. The thin backstrap is most affected.  The thick one may not need any modification.

Not a 1/16th, more like a 1/32nd. Not even going to screw with mine to start. a full ounce lighter than OEM, more comfortable too.

Really happy, especially for the blem price of $20.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:26:44 PM EDT
[#33]

Just got mine

I received a batch of grips with out of spec backstraps. As a result I'm selling to you at a reduced cost.  These are perfectly functional grips, but the backstraps on some may require filling/sanding 1/16th inch of material from the top of the backstrap to pin in place properly. The thin backstrap is most affected.  The thick one may not need any modification.

Not a 1/16th, more like a 1/32nd. Not even going to screw with mine to start. a full ounce lighter than OEM, more comfortable too.

View Quote
Got mine today too, I’m going to stick with the backstrap it came with, fees good to me.  Going to take her out for the first time tomorrow.

Link Posted: 1/25/2019 8:21:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Got mine today too, I’m going to stick with the backstrap it came with, fees good to me.  Going to take her out for the first time tomorrow.

https://i.ibb.co/KXDqSf9/C3-EE1-FD5-01-A9-48-E7-9904-B9-D20-F3-D9256.jpg
View All Quotes

Just got mine

https://i.ibb.co/KXDqSf9/C3-EE1-FD5-01-A9-48-E7-9904-B9-D20-F3-D9256.jpg
The large backstrap seemed too bulky, the regular grip was just right.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:36:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Just got mine

View All Quotes

Just got mine

Just got mine too. I guess each had a different defect because mine was 1/16” off, maybe an 1/8”. Definitely wasn’t lined up without removing material. I took a dremel to it and I touched it up w a file, looks pretty good. Don’t see value at $50 but I think $35 should be the going rate.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 3:14:59 AM EDT
[#36]
@mc556

View All Quotes
@mc556

Ends up New Frontier is going to release a CZ mag lower.
It would be a hell of lot easier to just buy a lower vs trying to roll my own.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 3:49:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Ran about 400 rounds through it for the first time today, 98% on binary

No malfunctions and the binary runs like a top until my finger gets tired towards the end of the mag.  Mag of HST and Ranger T without any issue also, seems like the hotter SD rounds can get the binary going pretty fast.

Noticed this mark after takedown, which lines up with the gas vent(?) on the bolt.  Wiped right off but is it normal or something to watch out for?  Thanks

Link Posted: 1/26/2019 8:03:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Now that Magpul is making mags for it, what are he odds they make a drum for the Scorpion?
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 9:23:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By AzAgLover:
Now that Magpul is making mags for it, what are he odds they make a drum for the Scorpion?
View Quote
Look how long it took them to make a drum mag for the AR10 when the 5.56 version has been out. I’m sure you won’t see a drum mag till their regular mag sales slow which my guess will take many years.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 10:06:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: QWKZ51] [#40]

My build:

Gen 1 Scorpion
-Gemtech GM45 with 18*1 adapter
-Manticore rail with MLok bottom rail, Snake Skin sides
-Tyrant Arms hand stop
-HB Industries Red charging handle
-HB Industries Red Theta trigger
-HB Industries Trigger reduction kit
-HB Industries Paddle mag release
-Weaver micro Red dot
-3D printed Grip
-Shockwave blade stabilizer

Next upgrades:
SBR & CZ Folder stock
Upgrade Red dot
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 9:47:41 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote
I bought one and ended up going with a u-loop sling. I still have my PMM qd if you are interested in it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 6:20:59 PM EDT
[#42]

Ends up New Frontier is going to release a CZ mag lower.
It would be a hell of lot easier to just buy a lower vs trying to roll my own.
View Quote
Where did you find this info? Ive looked and cant seem to find it anywhere. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 9:26:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Got my trilug from HK Parts today and when I tighten it up, it doesn't align with the anti-rotation tab. Should I back it off just a hair or try to really wrench that mother down to get to the next flat? It doesn't have wrench flats so IDK what to do.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 5:52:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By JHorne:
Got my trilug from HK Parts today and when I tighten it up, it doesn't align with the anti-rotation tab. Should I back it off just a hair or try to really wrench that mother down to get to the next flat? It doesn't have wrench flats so IDK what to do.
View Quote
IMO- shims are cheap or disregard the anti-rotation tab, take it off, and locktite the tri-lug
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 7:36:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By sonofbp:

IMO- shims are cheap or disregard the anti-rotation tab, take it off, and locktite the tri-lug
View Quote
That’s what i did
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 10:04:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By sonofbp:

View Quote
The more I've read, it seems that disregarding the tab and loctite is the way to go. Thanks a ton!
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 10:08:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Atschach:
Micros are starting to ship according to czusa

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtENoyknrta/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1w2qbibgnzqe7
View Quote
I’m waiting for the price to drop and them to become
more available
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 9:33:56 PM EDT
[#48]
I am looking for a CZ Scorpion Evo3 S1 pistol.    Anyone know of any deals?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 11:51:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By m3fanatic:
I am looking for a CZ Scorpion Evo3 S1 pistol.    Anyone know of any deals?
Thanks.
View Quote
I’ve heard they’ve been tough to find lately. Deguns is where I got mine. Good prices back then.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 1:10:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Samal] [#50]
Second Gen Scorpion but still had "World Trigger"
HB Industries micro-K conversion with 3 lug 5" barrel,
Troy micro sights, co-witness with MRO
HB Industries mag release
Tailhook brace with folding arm
Pakse Grip
Magpul handstop
Trijicon MRO
Franklin armory binary trigger
Don't remember the make of the muzzle device

Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 210 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top