Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 211 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 5:01:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Girthrockwel:

I’ve heard they’ve been tough to find lately. Deguns is where I got mine. Good prices back then.
View Quote
Yup, they are difficult to find in black.   So far, Gunbroker is the only source I've seen with a few.   I am kicking myself for not buying a new black EVO3 S1 pistol for $599 last week.  :(
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 5:21:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably an uptick in demand as people see Magpul getting into the game and a critical mass being reached to ensure long lasting popularity / after market support.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 2:04:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By m3fanatic:
I am looking for a CZ Scorpion Evo3 S1 pistol.    Anyone know of any deals?
Thanks.
View Quote
@m3fanatic
NOT MY AUCTION, but a damn good deal with all the add-ons
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 11:35:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Hickock 45’s video this week is a Scorpion.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 1:42:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By sonofbp:

@m3fanatic
NOT MY AUCTION, but a damn good deal with all the add-ons
View Quote
Darn it...I missed out on it.  Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 9:36:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Buds has them in stock, or did as of last night. All 4 colors were available in pistol for a decent price.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 9:22:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By JHorne:
Buds has them in stock, or did as of last night. All 4 colors were available in pistol for a decent price.
View Quote
Decent prices...but no black units in stock.  :(
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 10:30:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Decent prices...but no black units in stock.  :(
View Quote
Dang I thought they did last night when I looked!
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 11:11:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PreachermanMATT] [#9]
Prepped gun FTW

Link Posted: 2/2/2019 1:07:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Darn it...I missed out on it.  Thanks for the link.
View Quote
They're out there keep looking.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 7:31:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By sonofbp:

They're out there keep looking.
View Quote
Yup...bought one today!  :)
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 10:09:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jmreagan] [#12]
Originally Posted By Samal:
Second Gen Scorpion but still had "World Trigger"
HB Industries micro-K conversion with 3 lug 5" barrel,
Troy micro sights, co-witness with MRO
HB Industries mag release
Tailhook brace with folding arm
Pakse Grip
Magpul handstop
Trijicon MRO
Franklin armory binary trigger
Don't remember the make of the muzzle device

https://images40.fotki.com/v1668/photos/2/787792/9360390/20190118_214800-vi.jpg

https://images60.fotki.com/v308/photos/2/787792/9360390/20190116_230919-vi.jpg
View Quote
I think I have a real bad ass modded Scorpion... But your Scorpion is the baddest I've seen to date! Well done!
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:08:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I shot my Scorpion carbine over the weekend and noticed the handguard was moving slightly as the barrel warmed up.

Got home after it cooled and zero movement but I was concerned. Checked online and the carbine tools were sold out so I ran to Lowe's and bought a 21mm socket and cut it, then attached to a 1" pipe to use on the barrel nut.

I was able to remove the barrel nut by hand without the vise or a wrench. There was no loctite on the nut. So now it is snugged down and has some blue loctite.

I need to get out and shoot before a USPSA local match Saturday and make sure my red dot is still zeroed....a split second of inattention and I loosened the vise after torquing the muzzle device and dropped the Scorpion off the bench onto the garage floor......
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:00:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By jonathon1289:
I shot my Scorpion carbine over the weekend and noticed the handguard was moving slightly as the barrel warmed up.

Got home after it cooled and zero movement but I was concerned. Checked online and the carbine tools were sold out so I ran to Lowe's and bought a 21mm socket and cut it, then attached to a 1" pipe to use on the barrel nut.

I was able to remove the barrel nut by hand without the vise or a wrench. There was no loctite on the nut. So now it is snugged down and has some blue loctite.

I need to get out and shoot before a USPSA local match Saturday and make sure my red dot is still zeroed....[color=#0000ff]a split second of inattention and I loosened the vise after torquing the muzzle device and dropped the Scorpion off the bench onto the garage floor......
View Quote
[/color]

The Scorpion is a rumble tumble piece of hardware... It can take it and probably added a bit of character to her as well! Glad you got that barrel nut torqued down with some loc-tite. Anyone know the official torque spec in foot pounds for the Scorpion barrel nut???
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 1:41:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Here is a deal alert for a nice sling pack designed for sub guns, or Short AR pistols. Sling bag 5.11 , 40 bucks and tax, it is normally 96-129.00 on Amazon, but on sale at the 5.11 website. 93% of the reviews give it 4-5 stars.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 4:53:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
Here is a deal alert for a nice sling pack designed for sub guns, or Short AR pistols. Sling bag 5.11 , 40 bucks and tax, it is normally 96-129.00 on Amazon, but on sale at the 5.11 website. 93% of the reviews give it 4-5 stars.
View Quote
Thanks for the heads-up!
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:07:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2apatriot] [#17]
Nevermind, found the answer I was looking for.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 6:03:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BGENE] [#18]
For those looking, no affiliation, vendor is GTG, have no idea if this is a good price, not looking for one. Have a plain ole Gen1 already;

ETA Gilberts Guns in case it is not obvious from ad

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 7:42:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: andrewz71] [#19]
Originally Posted By BGENE:
For those looking, no affiliation, vendor is GTG, have no idea if this is a good price, not looking for one. Have a plain ole Gen1 already;

ETA Gilberts Guns in case it is not obvious from ad

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/187445/CZ_MINI_Capture_PNG-852160.JPG
View Quote
Another online in stock $1,119.99
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 11:26:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Micros are starting to be out there. I am seeing $1299 buy it now prices on GB too. I couldn't wait and picked up a black S1 from Buds for $780. Oh well, may pick up an S2 someday.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 6:48:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Did they not raise the MSRP of the micro?

It used to be 1049 on the website - now it's 1211.00
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:14:15 PM EDT
[#22]
God help me I just snagged a Micro for $1150. I have a Franklin binary trigger laying around and didn't want to put it in my first Gen SBR, so the micro was the obvious choice for a new project.  Should have it next week, but I'm really excited about the way CZ has embraced aftermarket add-ons like the handguard and the collapsible brace.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:39:27 PM EDT
[#23]
I sort of want a S3 Micro. Anyone have one in hand yet?  Will look a little wonky with my long ass AAC TiRant .45 can hanging off the muzzle. Anyone make a handguards that’s slightly longer that will work on the Micro and still fit a can underneath?
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 12:55:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Spikes08] [#24]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Shooter's Element charging handle, mag release, and trigger shoe. Franklin Armory Binary Trigger
Parker Mountain Machine QD attachments

Dan Haga Designs ACR adapter and tailhook adapter by the same.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 10:35:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bcw107] [#25]
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 1:14:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: yamadog35] [#26]
Originally Posted By cms81586:
I sort of want a S3 Micro. Anyone have one in hand yet?  Will look a little wonky with my long ass AAC TiRant .45 can hanging off the muzzle. Anyone make a handguards that's slightly longer that will work on the Micro and still fit a can underneath?
View Quote
I have a micro incoming.  Should have it in my hands tomorrow.  I'm having the same thoughts about what a suppressor will look like.  HBIndustries has some handguards that are closer to 7".   I have an Obsidian 9 that's only about 5" in the short config so I'm hoping it looks pretty good on the Micro.

Edit to add this video.  It shows removal of the faux suppressor and shows use of a couple of different suppressors.
CZ-USA Scorpion Micro: First Shots and Initial Thoughts
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 2:42:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By yamadog35:
I have a micro incoming.  Should have it in my hands tomorrow.  I'm having the same thoughts about what a suppressor will look like.  HBIndustries has some handguards that are closer to 7".   I have an Obsidian 9 that's only about 5" in the short config so I'm hoping it looks pretty good on the Micro.

Edit to add this video.  It shows removal of the faux suppressor and shows use of a couple of different suppressors.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ldx0iF7Pow
View Quote
Saw that and it was very helpful. The can is small enough in diameter to fit. I just want to find a handguard that’s a tad longer to giver about half the can. At least until I pick up an omega 9k
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 3:43:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Saw that and it was very helpful. The can is small enough in diameter to fit. I just want to find a handguard that's a tad longer to giver about half the can. At least until I pick up an omega 9k
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Saw that and it was very helpful. The can is small enough in diameter to fit. I just want to find a handguard that's a tad longer to giver about half the can. At least until I pick up an omega 9k
Once I get mine I will post some pics with the Obsidian 9 in both long and short configs and also my Octane 45 to give an idea of what it looks like with the short handguard.  I have three Omega 9k's in jail.  I plan to dedicate one to this gun.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 4:11:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Once I get mine I will post some pics with the Obsidian 9 in both long and short configs and also my Octane 45 to give an idea of what it looks like with the short handguard.  I have three Omega 9k's in jail.  I plan to dedicate one to this gun.
View Quote
I’d appreciate that!  I have to wait until the MD State Police assholes review the Micro for approval. Entirely forgot about that. Worst case I will buy a standard Evo and convert it to Micro config.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:21:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: andrewz71] [#31]
I’d appreciate that!  I have to wait until the MD State Police assholes review the Micro for approval. Entirely forgot about that. Worst case I will buy a standard Evo and convert it to Micro config.
View All Quotes
Just got my micro today.  My 3 lug adapter will be here Monday.  So after it arrives I will throw my Tirant 45 on there.  For now it’s sporting a omega 9k with flush mount.

Pre-ordered Magpul grip and mag release...
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 2:46:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By bcw107:

Damn that is nice.

Can you post an aftermarket parts list? @Spikes08
View Quote
Shooter's Element charging handle, mag release, and trigger shoe.
Franklin Armory Binary Trigger
Parker Mountain Machine QD attachments

Dan Haga Designs ACR adapter and tailhook adapter by the same.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 11:49:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: yamadog35] [#33]
Originally Posted By andrewz71:

Just got my micro today.  My 3 lug adapter will be here Monday.  So after it arrives I will throw my Tirant 45 on there.  For now it's sporting a omega 9k with flush mount.
View Quote
That's how I was hoping the Omega 9k would look on this gun.  I'll be dedicating one of the three I have in jail to my micro.

How difficult was it to remove the faux suppressor "nut/sleeve" that holds it on?  Did you fashion some sort of tool or just use something you already had lying around?
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:09:12 PM EDT
[#34]

Just got my micro today.  My 3 lug adapter will be here Monday.  So after it arrives I will throw my Tirant 45 on there.  For now it’s sporting a omega 9k with flush mount.

http://i.imgur.com/5RRekLd.jpg

View Quote
Sweet!
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 7:43:01 PM EDT
[#35]
That's how I was hoping the Omega 9k would look on this gun.  I'll be dedicating one of the three I have in jail to my micro.

How difficult was it to remove the faux suppressor "nut/sleeve" that holds it on?  Did you fashion some sort of tool or just use something you already had lying around?
View All Quotes

Just got my micro today.  My 3 lug adapter will be here Monday.  So after it arrives I will throw my Tirant 45 on there.  For now it's sporting a omega 9k with flush mount.

Removing the faux suppressor took some effort due to the excessive amount of locktite.  I made a tool to remove it.

I took an old file like this pictured above and ground the end flat, put a screw driver or bolt thru the hole in the other end to make a “T wrench”.  Place the ground end with masking tape to keep the file teeth from scaring the faux suppressor.  Apply a good amount of down pressure and start twisting to remove.  As long as you take your time, keep good pressure while twisting it will unscrew.  Something to hold the gun from moving will make everything easier.  I have a old acog mount that I clamped onto the rail to hold the gun in a vise upside down.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 8:16:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Forgive me if it has already been covered in this thread but what are the preferred mags now?
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:10:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m3fanatic] [#37]
Awesome!

Which brace is that?   Can you post some details?   Thx

Nevermind...I found it:
https://www.danhagadesigns.com/product-page/scorpion-acr-adapter

Very cool.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:25:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Doug_262:
Forgive me if it has already been covered in this thread but what are the preferred mags now?
View Quote
My Manticore 32 round mags and CZ 20 round mags have been flawless. I'm sure when Magpul gets around to putting their version out will be everyone's favorite though. YMMV...
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:45:06 PM EDT
[#39]
I picked up my Micro today.  I haven't shot it yet, but I'm already a little bit frustrated with it.  
  • I was giving the pistol grip the benefit of the doubt, but yeah, it sucks.  It's gotta go.
  • The faux suppressor.  It's cute, but anyone serious about suppressing the gun will immediately remove it.  They could have provided a simple tool to help remove it.  More on that below.
  • I'm already thinking about ditching the collapsing stock.  I was disappointed that it only has one position.  Fully open.  There's no in between.  The "blade" system also forces what is, for me, an awkward cheekweld that prevents me from getting a good line of sight along the top of the receiver.  The left side blade/bar is offset away from the receiver more than the right side and takes the cheekweld further off-center than normal.  I have to roll/lean my head to the right pretty far to see through the sights which is just plain awkward.  If I raise my head to more of a chin-weld, I can get a little better view through the sights, but I can't imagine that will be comfortable.  It already seems to me that these bars/blades would be uncomfortable under recoil, but to be fair I won't know that until I shoot it.   However, I'm already contemplating purchasing the factory folding stock with the Tailhook conversion (if I can find one).
Here's a couple of pics with my Obsidian 9 in the short config.  (more on the faux suppressor removal and the collapsible brace in the next post).

Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:53:10 PM EDT
[#40]
More on my Micro . . .
To get the faux suppressor off the gun I had to fashion a tool like Andrewz reported above.  I used a 1" wide chisel and ground/files two steps into the end.  The first step was approx 1/2" wide to give a portion of the blade that would drop into the barrel extension and help keep the tool centered.  The next step was approx 3/4" wide which is the approx width across the extension and sits in the slots at the end of the extension.  I clamped on a set of vice grips to be the lever to turn the tool.   I carefully tightened the muzzle end of the gun in a padded vice for the removal.  I then used a small propane torch to shoot flame into the opening of the extension at an angle.  I applied heat until there was some smoke coming out from under the handguard telling me it was heating up the factory oils and hopefully the locktite on the barrel threads.  I inserted my tool and applied inward pressure while turning with vice grips.  Due to the heat the extension came loose easily.

Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:58:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Another note from my playing with my Micro today.   The collapsible brace is held in place by a small set screw that goes in at a downward angle.  Remove the set screw and you can pop the brace mount off the gun. In un-elegant fashion, the set screw just gouges into the polymer at the back of the receiver.

Link Posted: 2/24/2019 10:11:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Mine is like the energizer bunny. With the Silencerco Omega K on it maybe 500 rounds and never a single malfunction.  She's a bit heavier but as reliable as can be.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 11:29:01 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote
@andrewz71

Which Tri-Lug are you going to use?  Also can you let us know if the tri lug os long enough to extend past the handguard with suppressor off?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:13:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By brifol6111:
@andrewz71

Which Tri-Lug are you going to use?  Also can you let us know if the tri lug os long enough to extend past the handguard with suppressor off?

Thanks
View All Quotes

@andrewz71

Thanks
3 lug adapter

I’ll get it installed tomorrow and take pic’s for you.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 7:16:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Wow, I'm not really impressed with how the brace is mounted on the Micro.  My brother has one coming in Wednesday and I'm looking forward to shooting it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 2:16:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Seems like I'll just buy a regular Scorpion and do the HBI conversion for my second gun. Thanks to you all for saving me some money and a lot of disappointment.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 7:35:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jmreagan] [#47]
Originally Posted By arndog123:
Wow, I'm not really impressed with how the brace is mounted on the Micro.  My brother has one coming in Wednesday and I'm looking forward to shooting it.
View Quote
Is the PDW brace different between the Micro and the 7.72" barreled models? I got my 7.72" barreled Scorpion back in January. It came with the Manticore/SB-Tac brace. Mine is 3 position and it's very solid. It's held on really snugly by the mounting bracket slots, the Scorpions rear receiver's "plunger/detent", (for lack of a better word)... said plunger/detent is spring loaded and locks into yet another recess locking hole on the back-side of the mounting bracket, and lastly with the set-screw... I actually took my brace's mounting bracket off Sunday morning to replace said mounting bracket with a replacement one from Manticore. The original mounting bracket/plate's QD attachment hole was slightly enlarged and therefore, out of spec... allowing every Magpul QD I own to pull out with just a medium to firm yank. Manticore was great about sending me a new one out fast so no worries there. Anyways, I was/am impressed with the mounting sequence on mine and it's rigidness. Mine is attached firm & tight. I made sure to put 2 dabs of Blue Loc-Tite on the set screw and the bracket/brace is set and good to go. That said, I'd like to have at least one more position slot in the rails on mine but otherwise it's pretty damned good!
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 8:52:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By jmreagan:

Is the PDW brace different between the Micro and the 7.72" barreled models? I got my 7.72" barreled Scorpion back in January. It came with the Manticore/SB-Tac brace. Mine is 3 position and it's very solid. It's held on really snugly by the mounting bracket slots, the Scorpions rear receiver's "plunger/detent", (for lack of a better word)... said plunger/detent is spring loaded and locks into yet another recess locking hole on the back-side of the mounting bracket, and lastly with the set-screw... I actually took my brace's mounting bracket off Sunday morning to replace said mounting bracket with a replacement one from Manticore. The original mounting bracket/plate's QD attachment hole was slightly enlarged and therefore, out of spec... allowing every Magpul QD I own to pull out with just a medium to firm yank. Manticore was great about sending me a new one out fast so no worries there. Anyways, I was/am impressed with the mounting sequence on mine and it's rigidness. Mine is attached firm & tight. I made sure to put 2 dabs of Blue Loc-Tite on the set screw and the bracket/brace is set and good to go. That said, I'd like to have at least one more position slot in the rails on mine but otherwise it's pretty damned good!
View Quote
I didn't mean to imply in my post and photos that the brace is not solidly mounted.  It is very solid.  I just thought the use of the set screw jammed into the polymer was lame.  If the detent/button at the rear of the receiver is doing it's job, I'm not sure why the set screw is needed at all.  Perhaps I'm missing something.  Based on your description, my brace does appear to be different than yours because, as I stated, mine only has one position - fully open (or fully closed).  There is only one notch in the bars per the pic below.

Link Posted: 2/25/2019 8:56:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Manticore_Arms] [#49]
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 10:45:41 PM EDT
[#50]
@andrewz71

Thanks
View All Quotes

@andrewz71

Thanks
Alright got the 3 lug adapter installed.  As you can see from the picture the end of the adapter to the end of the rail is a little less than a 1/4”.

Hope that helps...
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 211 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top