BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 5:30:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No official launch sate has been set yet by IWI., and that price is not accurate certainly not for msrp, msrp is $2099

$1680 is way below dealer cost.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
There's a pre-order for that price going on now, FWIW.

Not affiliated with them.

https://www.provenoutfitters.com/tavor-7-
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 10:58:44 PM EDT
[#2]
It helps if you read.

That’s for LE/Mil people...
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 10:32:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It helps if you read.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
It helps if you read.

That detail wasn't included in their email, but I'm sure many people here would qualify.

There is a lot of excitement about new items from IWI!

We heard a leak that the MASADA and TAVOR 7 have an expected released in July-August!

This is NOT OFFICIAL, but we did promise updates to you, our customers,
as soon as we heard anything!

Pre-Order the Tavor 7, KS12, or Masada
and Lock Yours in today!

Tavor 7 7.62 NATO
16.5 Barrel Bullpup

Our Price: $1,680.00
You Save: $419.00
Potentially the good news is July/August
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 4:36:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It helps if you read.

View Quote
Well shoot, if that pans out I only have a month to get back in shape and re-up
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 1:44:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 1:52:29 PM EDT
[#6]
full-production quantities coming within 60-90 days
View Quote
We'll see. Nice to see the TS12 is inbound, as well... I'd like to buy one of each, just for the novelty alone.
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote
That was posted in June of 2018.
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 9:14:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That was posted in June of 2018.
View Quote
Well crap
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 10:38:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Shipping in 2 weeks!
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 8:09:54 AM EDT
[#10]
IWI just stated otherwise. Source of "two weeks" announcement?
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 11:30:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
IWI just stated otherwise. Source of "two weeks" announcement?
View Quote
He’s making a play on the “two more weeks” phrase Desert Tech used for what ended up being like years. You said IWI just said otherwise. Where at?
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 12:05:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks like another month and they couldn't do better than 1.5MOA:

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2019/07/22/iwi-tavor-7-status-update-eta-august-2019/
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 3:29:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Looks like another month and they couldn't do better than 1.5MOA:

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2019/07/22/iwi-tavor-7-status-update-eta-august-2019/
View Quote
Meh. It's fine by me where it's at. It's on par with most battle rifles on the planet, and I personally don't utilize bullpups for long distance work anyway.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 9:37:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Meh. It's fine by me where it's at. It's on par with most battle rifles on the planet, and I personally don't utilize bullpups for long distance work anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I agree with you 100% but I also want to clarify what the article said, which was:

For a better part of year and a half of extra testing on the rifle we have come to the conclusion that the Tavor 7 will not get the accuracy of 1.5 MOA that we set out to get. Overall the weapon system as a whole was never designed in a way to achieve this 1.5MOA. It was designed to shoot minute of man on today’s battle fields with a high degree of reliability. In the last update I posted we got it down around the 1.5MOA but we gave up too much in other areas so that simply wasn’t the answer.
So they didn't get to 1.5 MOA, they said they got to around it, pedantic i know. However I would hate for people to get their hands on these and then start stating the IWI claimed in some interview that it was 1.5 MOA rifle.  Either way I like IWI and i love bullpups and so long as it's 3" capable it's probably better than I am without some serious optics and a great trigger. It will be interesting to see one when they come out, i'm looking forward to getting my hands on one.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 9:39:53 AM EDT
[#15]
As long as M80 ball delivers M80 ball performance...that is all that matters to me...
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 9:41:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
As long as M80 ball delivers M80 ball performance...that is all that matters to me...
View Quote
Agreed that's why i felt the need to put the little disclaimer post above yours. I am in no way affiliated with the rifle but I get tired of seeing posts about rifles being terrible on accuracy when a) they were never designed to be marksman rifles and b) people are shooting cheap or mid grade ammo through them. Again not that anyone has suggested that here was just trying to share my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 1:40:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah they were saying their sample rifles were averaging 2.3 MOA. I really wanted that MOA precision, but I said awhile back I would be fine with battle-rifle level accuracy and I stand by that. It’s a .308 Tavor, not a precision gun. I have precision guns, but I do not yet have a .308 Tavor. At the end of the day, 2.3 MOA is still respectable, and better than a lot of rifles.
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 2:49:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The U.S. military's accuracy standard for M80 Ball (boxed or on stripper clips) is a mean average radius of 5 inches at 600 yards for all groups tested from a given lot of ammunition. That measurement loosely equates to a 10-inch circle or approximately 1.6 MOA at that distance.
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 6:04:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 6:15:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 7:47:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I think that people want the potential even if they’ll never get close to reaching it.

I’ll buy one if it can shoot 2.3 moa.

That’s what, 14.4” at 600 yards? I’ll absolutely be happy about that with a 26” overall length .308

I’d like to see other semi auto .308’s that same size shoot that well.
View Quote
Quite frankly i'd be lucky to hit a barn door at 600 yards these days so yeah i think 2.3 MOA is more than reasonable.
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 8:33:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Keep waiting to see all these crowds of 1.0 MOA capable shooters to post up there 5 shot groups to show how they can shoot to the mechanical accuracy of a rifle. Bonus pints for doing it without a lead sled or benchrest. Double bonus points for doing it with the average rack grade mass production AR-15 most of them own.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
My favorite are the ones making those claims with mil spec fmj. Yeah ammo that’s like 2 now capable from the inherent inconsistency round to round but internet cherry pick boasting everything is moa or better. Usually no pics with these claims or a cherry picked one with “fliers” or “those other holes are from *insert excuse here*” if there are any.
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 10:03:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

My favorite are the ones making those claims with mil spec fmj. Yeah ammo that’s like 2 now capable from the inherent inconsistency round to round but internet cherry pick boasting everything is moa or better. Usually no pics with these claims or a cherry picked one with “fliers” or “those other holes are from *insert excuse here*” if there are any.
View Quote
There was a dumb dumb on MAC’s latest MDR video where a guy claimed he shot subammo with German milsurp...video game crowd is real with that platform.
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 10:06:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Keep waiting to see all these crowds of 1.0 MOA capable shooters to post up there 5 shot groups to show how they can shoot to the mechanical accuracy of a rifle. Bonus pints for doing it without a lead sled or benchrest. Double bonus points for doing it with the average rack grade mass production AR-15 most of them own.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
Ok, I'm on the MOA Challenge page 25: https://www.ar15.com/forums/Precision-Rifles/-ARFCOM-1-MOA-ALL-DAY-LONG-Challenge-/17-51/?page=25

$900 AR shooting .62moa with a 50gr HSM load, off a bipod and rear bag.

Yeah, a lot of tacti-wannabe folks make bullshit accuracy claims all the time, that is what the challenge/callout system is for.  But a lot of people (including myself) can put a rifle that is capable of 1moa or better to good use.  Tavor 7 still has a role, but without high levels of accuracy that role is considerably reduced.
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 10:11:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Or lets put it another way:

If the average shooter shoots 3-5 moa out of a 1 moa gun... whats that shooter gonna do with a T7?

(& I wanted one, I really did... still want a Atrax export/AR model too)
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 11:31:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Or lets put it another way:

If the average shooter shoots 3-5 moa out of a 1 moa gun... whats that shooter gonna do with a T7?

(& I wanted one, I really did... still want a Atrax export/AR model too)
View Quote
I guess shoot 4.3-6.3 MOA, given your example
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 11:36:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Precise rifles are always preferable to non-precise rifles, all things else equal. But all things often aren’t equal, and their post was worded such that it sounded like they were compromising on other factors just to get it down to around 1.5 MOA. I can see why they wouldn’t want to compromise on those areas, whatever they were, for that <.8 MOA in gained precision.

Precision is the sum of the inconsistencies of the system. Ammo, rifle, environment, shooter, etc. If their setup did 2.3 MOA all things considered, that’s not bad. Not amazing, but not bad. It’s a bullpup “battle rifle” not a benchrest gun. I’ve shot my Tavor from a bench when zeroing it, it’s a huge pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 1:25:08 AM EDT
[#28]
I talked with IWI at Triggrcon in Bellevue, WA.

They said the 7 is being readied for shipment and should arrive at dealers in mid August.

No date on the TS12 shotgun.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 12:00:53 PM EDT
[#29]
As per their FB page, Tavor 7’s are officially shipping!
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 12:43:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Anybody doing preorders? Or.. good places to expect these to pop up?
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 8:49:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Last I saw they said the end of August. August of this year. So, three weeks.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 9:50:18 AM EDT
[#32]
600-700 have shipped yesterday...
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 8:18:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 1:11:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Last minute grip swap?
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 2:56:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Last minute grip swap?
View Quote
Nah, that’s just the original grip installed on the 7. It doesn’t ship like that, but it does fit if one were so inclined.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 5:10:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 7:35:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Original grip? X95?
View Quote
I’m fuzzy on this as I have a standard Tavor, not an X95, but I believe it’s the X95 grip with IDF side panels. It should be shipping with the saber style enclosed grip..
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 11:44:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I’m fuzzy on this as I have a standard Tavor, not an X95, but I believe it’s the X95 grip with IDF side panels. It should be shipping with the saber style enclosed grip..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Original grip? X95?
It’s the triggerguard x95 grip with idf side panels. The x95 grips swap by loosening a screw in the pistol grip. Easy peasy.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 2:03:23 PM EDT
[#39]
2.3 MOA with M80 or Federal Match Gold 168gr, its a big difference...
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 5:21:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 6:32:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
2.3 MOA with M80 or Federal Match Gold 168gr, its a big difference...
View Quote
It was stated it was done with match ammo, I don’t know the specifics of what ammo that means. I do know that FGMM 168’s and 175’s were included in the testing, and I’d hedge my bets that the results were made from one or the other. Something to keep in mind is that’s an honest 2.3 MOA. As in, it was gathered across multiple rifles, and several groups per rifle, without alibi shots or cherry picking rifles, groups, or shots within groups.

That number was not made using the GD standard of measuring MOA precision by taking the best 3 of 5 shots of the best single group shot all day. I think our standards here are often a little mismatched with reality. A real-world no BS 2.3(ish) MOA precision average, especially from a semi-auto .308 duty-oriented bullpup, is absolutely fine by me.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 9:28:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Im very interested in this rifle for reasons I cannot figure out
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 11:40:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Is it true that only 7.62 nato is recommended and no .308? I have seen this mentioned a couple times.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 12:45:27 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Is it true that only 7.62 nato is recommended and no .308? I have seen this mentioned a couple times.
View Quote
IWI said 308 is fine. The cartridges are nearly identical.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 12:46:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
I’m 99% sure it’s fine with either. The only reason I’d not be 100% is due to people asking the question in the first place. On their FB group they discussed testing it with various ammunition’s that are only available in .308. I can only assume the manufacturers were testing their rifles with ammunition their rifle is made to handle.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 12:52:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Multiple people are saying IWI told them the same. I’m going with fake news.

They likely put 7.62X51 because they’re a military manufacturer and sell largely to military clients. But like most everyone else that makes modern 7.62X51 rifles, they make them to handle .308.

This is like when ARs say .223. Yeah some of the older ones meant exactly that, but these days the two are used interchangeably so much in common parlance because manufacturers label them whichever is convenient, but by and large, make them to handle 5.56 pressures.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 1:34:20 AM EDT
[#47]
I've got one shipping to me for a Labor Day hog hunt.  I'll let you know my thoughts on it
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 2:52:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I've got one shipping to me for a Labor Day hog hunt.  I'll let you know my thoughts on it
View Quote
Please post it when you get it, the hunt too if you can.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 2:22:34 AM EDT
[#49]
The location of the ejection port presents the single biggest tactical weakness of the bullpup configuration.  If IWI could've implemented switchable ejection similar to the Beretta ARX, I would be all over this rifle.  As it is, having to pull the carrier & rotate & reinsert the bolt is only slightly less cumbersome than the 5.56 Tavor series.  I'm a little surprised they didn't go the extra mile on th ou s particular feature.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 3:15:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top