I'll try and get a solid comparison shot for you tonight
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 3:10:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KPog:

IZLID bright?

But seriously MAWL bright?
View Quote
Less throw, more flood. I have one. Too IR much in heavy brush, great in the open to 100+ yards. Its like 4 of your built in IR illuminators, plus 4 Inforce IR weaponlights, plus a couple M600V IR for throw... all at once. It cant do 200-300 yards though. Causes your tubes to dim its so bright from reflected light.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 5:56:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By DevL:

Less throw, more flood. I have one. Too IR much in heavy brush, great in the open to 100+ yards. Its like 4 of your built in IR illuminators, plus 4 Inforce IR weaponlights, plus a couple M600V IR for throw... all at once. It cant do 200-300 yards though. Causes your tubes to dim its so bright from reflected light.
View Quote
Didn't get a chance last night but I should tonight.

But yeah DevL isn't wrong.
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 4:08:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By JollyMon:
My larping rig and my travel rig

https://i.imgur.com/dxT7cDX.jpg
View Quote
Source for these patches?
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 11:18:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SEK7562:

View Quote
Speaking of patches.. forgot I had these on this pack, was in a meeting this morning and flipped it open to grab my laptop. Very awkward look from the middle eastern engineer that glanced down at it.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 1:55:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By night9:

Speaking of patches.. forgot I had these on this pack, was in a meeting this morning and flipped it open to grab my laptop. Very awkward look from the middle eastern engineer that glanced down at it.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/430824/26DBFD64-68D5-47B4-B5B0-4E3B3F2D6BF5_jpeg-1061029.JPG
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 2:46:51 PM EDT
[#8]
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/430824/26DBFD64-68D5-47B4-B5B0-4E3B3F2D6BF5_jpeg-1061029.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SEK7562:

Ouch. That’ll leave a mark...
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 4:24:16 PM EDT
[#9]
New Agilite TW helmet cover in Ranger Green.

Link Posted: 8/22/2019 11:53:53 PM EDT
[#10]
How do you like that? I don’t have a battery pack since I run a dovetail sentinel setup, so what counter weight options would fit in there?
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 12:43:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Will] [#11]
Originally Posted By grantw12:

How do you like that? I don’t have a battery pack since I run a dovetail sentinel setup, so what counter weight options would fit in there?
View Quote
The helmet cover is Agilite but the counterweight is a TNVC Mohawk Mk2 Gen2 velcroed to it. Agilite makes their own but I already had the Mohawk. Since you don't have a battery pack I'd get the TNVC Mohawk Mk1 Gen2. It's a counterweight only, not for battery packs. Agilite has counterweights too and something they call the bridge Agilite Bridge which looks nice if you don't want a helmet cover.
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 9:13:01 PM EDT
[#12]
My brother does fantastic work! The start to working up some t shirt graphics

Link Posted: 8/23/2019 10:17:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: actuallyambrose] [#13]
oops
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 10:17:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By great308:
My brother does fantastic work! The start to working up some t shirt graphics

https://i.imgur.com/b75T5TP.jpg
View Quote
well that's one way to take a screenshot

nice helmet!
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 5:49:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SIASL] [#15]
Something I just found out - AirPods are low profile enough and work great under my helmet-mount Howard Leight Impact Sport muffs.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 5:51:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Where all my Mtek users at? Just dumped my Ops-Core FAST for the FLUX Ballistic
Loving it so far!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 9:53:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By SuburbanNinja23:
https://i.imgur.com/JD1yuzqh.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/vljpg2Bh.jpg

Where all my Mtek users at? Just dumped my Ops-Core FAST for the FLUX Ballistic
Loving it so far!!
View Quote
Tucking the comms cables in those battery holders is a great idea.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 2:36:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By TNVC_Augee:

ACTinBlack universal bikini covers for PVS-14 style optics.

Much better IMHO than having caps flopping around or shoved in pockets/pouches just asking to be lost, slick and streamlined and can now be added to any PVS-14 or commercial bino, not just the PVS-15 and PVS-31.

Kind of a small, unassuming product, but a great little add on, I think if you want simple lens covers for daytime/protection.

~Augee
View Quote
How does a guy get his grubby hands on one of those? No joy on their website. And Googling got me in trouble with the work NSFW policy!! ;)
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 3:18:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#22]

Give us a call or e-mail to [email protected]

We have 'em in stock, I just haven't had a chance to put them up on the website yet, but they'll go up soon.

Also, we are transitioning our TNV/DTNVGs so they will all come with the bikini covers from now on as well.

~Augee
View Quote
Answer the phone lol!
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 6:23:17 PM EDT
[#23]

We have 'em in stock, I just haven't had a chance to put them up on the website yet, but they'll go up soon.

Also, we are transitioning our TNV/DTNVGs so they will all come with the bikini covers from now on as well.

~Augee
View Quote
How much are the Walmart bikini price covers?
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 8:34:14 PM EDT
[#24]

~Augee
View Quote
Good to hear! Have an order in for DTNVGs
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 8:57:40 PM EDT
[#25]

~Augee
View Quote
Y’all need to get some dang multicam Mohawks in stock...
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 12:01:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Revision Viper P2
L4 G24
MS2000
TLR-1 HL
MPLS Switch
SF Vampire V1
TNVC Mohawk Mod 1

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 4:52:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Just FYSA, ACTinBlack Bikini Covers are now available on the website.

~Augee
View Quote
Any idea if they will fit over Wilcox sacrificial lenses?
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:38:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 4:34:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By grantw12:

Y’all need to get some dang multicam Mohawks in stock...
View Quote
Email Jaime, then get on the list. That is what I did after asking Vic the same question.
Link Posted: 9/9/2019 2:13:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By KPog:

Email Jaime, then get on the list. That is what I did after asking Vic the same question.
View Quote
Got my TNVC multicam mohawk in today. Very happy. Took about 6 weeks. Pay, get on the list. Worth it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2019 4:16:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Ops Core Gen1 Bump with a mount I pieced togther over time, to get a blade connection for the -14 unit.

That Peltor ear pro (capable of voice comms with an adaptor).  I finally squared away my PITA ear pro just this week, then took them off for a future outdoor choot'n event (no planned date as of right now, sadly).  I'll be ready though!

The below is WAY nicer than my old active duty days of Protech for water ops and ACH with add-ons for land... when I couldn't get away with wearing my Gentex jump helmet with integrated comms and flashy lights for IR on land.    Anyway I really like the below setup.   Very practical and cost effective.  I almost went with -7's and I'm still not convinced  I'm that much ahead in going with the -14's. That deal just happened present itself first.

Attachment Attached File

My counter weight setup consists of the Ops Core pouch on the back (not mounted atm), which is handy for batt storage.  Kinda nice to be able to keep the plastic buckles in place on the helmet (when no pouch/weight is needed).  Easy on and off with Velcro straps which is part of the Ops Core counter weight.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/9/2019 4:23:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SIASL] [#33]
Getting there albeit slowly but surely...

ETA: Does anyone know where I can have this patch reproduced in PVC and in more appropriate shades?
Link Posted: 9/9/2019 5:17:49 PM EDT
[#34]
The problem is the cost to tool up the first unit for PVC. Individual patches are cheap. Much cheaper for stitched patches if you are only going to do 10-20 units.
Link Posted: 9/9/2019 5:38:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By DevL:

The problem is the cost to tool up the first unit for PVC. Individual patches are cheap. Much cheaper for stitched patches if you are only going to do 10-20 units.
View Quote
But, you could cut a fat hog if you bought the minimum bulk amount and resold them on Ebay or instagram.

Then you would have enough for yourself.

Heck I just picked this one up finally.

Link Posted: 9/10/2019 7:11:44 PM EDT
[#36]
My first helmet setup. Needs some improvement, but it works. Definitely need to add a retention strap, I do not trust the bayonet mount. NVD is an ATN Night Spirit 2 with CCTV camera lens adapter.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 7:39:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Hey what light's are you guys rocking on your helmets?
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 9:25:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By will-1:
These showed up yesterday from TNVC and after I wore them last night for a couple of hours I almost bitch slapped myself for not buying them sooner. Highly recommend! I’d buy them while they’re still on sale. They are that much better. These are the non- OC pads inside my Exfil LTP.

https://i.ibb.co/D8phLZD/48-BE808-C-520-C-41-AF-B005-6-EC9-FDA51977.jpg
View Quote
@will-1 Did the 4D pads add an discernable difference in making the helmet feel smaller? I'm considering ordering them but I'm not sure if they'll make the helmet too tight for my noggin? I'm on the border of sizes and got the smaller size.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 10:12:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Will] [#39]
Originally Posted By Caeser2001:

@will-1 Did the 4D pads add an discernable difference in making the helmet feel smaller? I'm considering ordering them but I'm not sure if they'll make the helmet too tight for my noggin? I'm on the border of sizes and got the smaller size.
View Quote
@Caeser2001
It’s a little more snug but in a comfortable way. The memory foam will squish down so I don’t think it’ll be any tighter than it is now. I say get em they’re worth it. In fact I ordered another set last week from TNVC for my Ops Core BJ. Huge improvement. I’m sure if they don’t work for you @TNVC might take them back?
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 10:51:19 AM EDT
[#40]
@Caeser2001
It’s a little more snug but in a comfortable way. The memory foam will squish down so I don’t think it’ll be any tighter than it is now. I say get em they’re worth it. In fact I ordered another set last week from TNVC for my Ops Core BJ. Huge improvement. I’m sure if they don’t work for you @TNVC might take them back?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

@Caeser2001
Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 11:04:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
View Quote
Solarforce L2 forward click host with a 850 IR LED drop in

For visible light I have a red/white Princeton Tec charge MPLS
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 11:11:29 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote
If you are on the tighter end of the spectrum already, the 4D pads will make it pretty tight. A couple members were in the same situation and they moved up a helmet size or removed the pads.

However, if the front is the part making it tight, I wonder if getting the "ops core" kit instead of ACH/MICH would help.

Just speculating though.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 11:13:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
View Quote
Princeton tec mpls

It is enough close range light that it is all I need in conjunction with my onboard IR. Nice because I can angle it up into the tree canopy when it covers the moon, or in a room to light it up etc.
Mawl for long range
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 5:55:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 6:33:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By TNVC:
Very fitting on this day today, we see the MOHAWK in the wild while blowing shit up who knows where.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19096/MOHAWK_in_the_wild-1086888.jpg
View Quote
The dude on the right is definitely gay. (Please tell me it’s Sam)
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 7:03:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By TheHorta:

The dude on the right is definitely gay. (Please tell me it’s Sam)
View Quote
Damn bro, no filter even today? Lol
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 1:24:44 AM EDT
[#47]

Damn bro, no filter even today? Lol
View Quote
It was 9/12 where I am, so I’m no longer on holy ground.
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 6:31:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By TheHorta:

It was 9/12 where I am, so I’m no longer on holy ground.
View Quote
All good. Ironically enough Sam’s pic is over in the Mohawk thread, lol
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 6:35:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:11:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 145
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top