Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
neat! What am I looking at?
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 11:51:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

neat! What am I looking at?
View Quote
It started life as a ATI side-folder I found at the flea market for $10.00 and I cut/cobbled it together for first a 16.25" 10-22 with a VZ-58 side folder then cut/cobbled it again for the Charger.

Link Posted: 3/10/2020 12:26:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It started life as a ATI side-folder I found at the flea market for $10.00 and I cut/cobbled it together for first a 16.25" 10-22 with a VZ-58 side folder then cut/cobbled it again for the Charger.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/userimages/113337/957138354/wm_1589651.jpg
View Quote
Cool job there chief.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 7:40:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The new "Charger Lite" has my interest.

https://www.ruger.com/productImages/4935/detail/1.jpg
View Quote
Yes!!
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 3:48:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought another Charger (wood stocked) the other day and decided to make it a scoped "woods gun" using the stock from the first one I bought last week.

Attachment Attached File

Not a lightweight at 5.6# as pictured but just a handy gun to tote around when on my range property. It fits nicely in a GI spare M60 barrel bag along with mags, ammo, and the like.

Attachment Attached File

I used a MP Moe grip, a buffer-tube adapter, and a KAC blade/tube to "build" it out. other than the adapter I already had the other parts on-hand. I did have to reshape where the grip goes against the grip spacer, reduced the mag release to a nubbin, and topped it off with a Simmons .22 Mag rimfire scope.

LOL....Not as Rube Goldberg inspired as my FrankenCharger but that was not the task. I was not bothered with building another side folder.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 6:46:32 PM EDT
[#6]
My Copper Customs adapter finally arrived.  
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/31/2020 7:17:06 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

That's a nice looking rig you got there...

And a nice picture of it...

Hopefully mine is going to be here tomorrow...course how long for the state to clear my paperwork...who knows
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 7:31:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thank you sir.  My 10 year old can't wait to get it sighted in.  Going to use my Dobbs 22AL on it when we do.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 10:24:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Why would Pmaca not make the whole thing?
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 11:21:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thank you sir.  My 10 year old can't wait to get it sighted in.  Going to use my Dobbs 22AL on it when we do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someone here pointed out the other day that with such a decrease in road traffic there will be a corresponding decrease in road kill for scavengers and predators to eat...but an increase in rabbits,and deer and probably skunks,possums,coons, etc...

They are going to have to raid people food and bird feeders.

A silencer on a .22LR is just the ticket to keep these critters within manageable numbers and not raiding gardens..
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 11:29:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 1:00:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Silencer and loudener.

Link Posted: 4/11/2020 1:22:45 PM EDT
[#13]
just installed the UTG side folding stock adapter for an AK47 to my PMACA take down charger chassis...

the adapter was from S&P Outfitters, Ft Worth TX... it is listed under their 704 project as is the following video... look over the adapter as there is a set screw... I tried to install the buffer tube and didn't notice the set screw... can install to fold either right or left...  a very slight amount of wobble, I don't have a wrench for the castle nut at home, but considering the price and newness not a problem

adapter, extra castle nut and shipping $20.49

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SqWSwAOtjA
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:22:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok. I’m having a hard time Indexing the SB Tactical folding adapter. Had to use rubber shims to get it right. What am I missing?

Attachment Attached File

ETA:  I figured it out.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:25:40 PM EDT
[#15]
My humble contribution
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/9/2020 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 11:18:41 PM EDT
[#17]

Will a standard Charger receiver work in the long nose chassis? Bc that build is just what I'm wanting to put together.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 7:42:58 AM EDT
[#18]
I "upgrayyed" mine a bit with a NIB Nikon P-22 2 X 7 X 32 BDC scope I found at the pawn shop.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 1:09:03 PM EDT
[#19]
My little guy...

Suppressor (Gemtec Outback II, monocore) needs to be re coated, I had to clamp it in a vice to open it up

Kidd 6” barrel.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 8:20:50 PM EDT
[#20]
My Midwest industries chassis is coming in tomorrow.

Still need:
Buffer tube
Brace (might print one?)
Ruger charger
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 3:37:04 AM EDT
[#21]
My humble contribution.

Link Posted: 9/2/2020 11:08:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Yep, just installed the Franklin Armory Binary Trigger.  What a hoot to shoot!

Link Posted: 9/3/2020 12:04:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yep, just installed the Franklin Armory Binary Trigger.  What a hoot to shoot!

https://i.imgur.com/bEsZVCp.jpg
View Quote

How difficult was it to install?
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 8:18:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

For me, the very hardest part was taking out the safety selector and replacing it with the Franklin selector. Everything else went fairly smooth.

I put mine in 3 different trigger packs, several times. The hole for the trigger return spring was not in spec, with the aluminum packs I tried. I then went with a plastic pack. I had to use the original trigger return spring to get it to function properly because the one Franklin supplied was too long, not allowing the trigger to pull all the way back, so that the binary system would engage.

With that being said, I feel as though I have become a Ruger trigger pack expert.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 9:34:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

For me, the very hardest part was taking out the safety selector and replacing it with the Franklin selector. Everything else went fairly smooth.

I put mine in 3 different trigger packs, several times. The hole for the trigger return spring was not in spec, with the aluminum packs I tried. I then went with a plastic pack. I had to use the original trigger return spring to get it to function properly because the one Franklin supplied was too long, not allowing the trigger to pull all the way back, so that the binary system would engage.

With that being said, I feel as though I have become a Ruger trigger pack expert.
View Quote

Thanks, I bought an aluminum trigger blade (10/22) from Brimstone.  I fought that damn trigger group for hours trying to get it all back together.  I finally threw in the towel and shipped the whole mess up to Brimstone.  I'd like to know what I was missing.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 9:37:39 AM EDT
[#26]
I'll be needin' this fer squirrels 'n such.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 9:49:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

it's doable.  not difficult.  not easy either.  depends on your mechanical ability.  Review the video on youtube for installation.I ffollowed and was able to get through.

as mentioned, the most difficult was removing the safety and installing the FA switch into the safety/switch.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 9:52:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I started with the Ruger BX trigger group.  No issue, used all pts from the FA kit.  I did not know the alum TG or the polymer TG was out of spec for the trigger return spring/plunger.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:12:14 AM EDT
[#29]
This thread inspired me to build my own Charger so I thought I would share.

I was undecided what sight to put on, so I decided to start with them ALL! The red dot sits very high like this. Maybe an offset mount or quick release if I want to be more compact.  However, the laser is great. It is super fun to shoot from the hip!

The SBA4 and folding adapter get the job done.  It fits nicely in the backpack I have for it (even with the excess of optics).

The suppressor stamp came in just over 5 months (received it early November).  The 5" barrel is keeping most bulk ammo subsonic and still cycling the action. Trying a few different guide rod springs to find the best balance.  This is the PMACA Multi-Chassis with their "short" tube (however, I requested an extra inch, which there were able to accommodate.)  I bought a 4.5" linear comp (not pictured) to put on it if I'm not using the suppressor since the barrel stops well short of the end of the handguard.

Link Posted: 12/16/2020 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#30]
I’m in the process of getting a slightly used charger lite takedown, my question is will an ERGO grip fit. I have them on all my AR’s and really like them. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 9:41:13 PM EDT
[#31]
If you have been participating in this thread or reading it, then it is very likely that you own a gun with a pistol brace on it. If so, you are an impacted party to THIS and will likely need to register your pistol braced firearm as a SBR if the ATF guidance is finalized.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 10:01:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Well....seems like I may have wasted $200 then if I can get it for free now.  

Link Posted: 12/16/2020 10:14:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Edit: pics all fouled up, I’ll get some better pics and fix it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 10:59:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If you have been participating in this thread or reading it, then it is very likely that you own a gun with a pistol brace on it. If so, you are an impacted party to THIS and will likely need to register your pistol braced firearm as a SBR if the ATF guidance is finalized.
View Quote
You list your location as Brazil
why the fuck you care
or just being a edgy drama Queen?
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 11:10:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
You list your location as Brazil
why the fuck you care
or just being a edgy drama Queen?
View Quote

Oh hai!

Given that I started posting in this exact thread over two years ago, and have been following it since then, I’m not quite sure what your issue is? I’m passing along extremely useful information for an ATF action that will impact everyone in this thread. What are you doing and who’s being a drama queen?
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 3:44:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Oh hai!

Given that I started posting in this exact thread over two years ago, and have been following it since then, I’m not quite sure what your issue is? I’m passing along extremely useful information for an ATF action that will impact everyone in this thread. What are you doing and who’s being a drama queen?
View Quote

So much for the fear mongering. Let this awesome thread continue!
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 3:09:28 PM EDT
[#37]
New KIDD barrel. Waiting on the Rugged Oculus22 to get out of jail in May.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 4:24:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I’m in the process of getting a slightly used charger lite takedown, my question is will an ERGO grip fit. I have them on all my AR’s and really like them. Thanks
View Quote

Yes the ergo grip will fit.
I’ve switched to almost all ergos as well.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 5:09:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
New KIDD barrel. Waiting on the Rugged Oculus22 to get out of jail in May.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/15109/20201231_130510_jpg-1756882.JPG
View Quote

That barrel is heavy as fuck and I did not like it. I hope you have a better experience.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 6:03:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That barrel is heavy as fuck and I did not like it. I hope you have a better experience.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
New KIDD barrel. Waiting on the Rugged Oculus22 to get out of jail in May.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/15109/20201231_130510_jpg-1756882.JPG

Maybe I should have weighed the barrel before I installed it but I didn't notice a major gain from the stock barrel. The shorter length seems to bring the weight closer to center. We will see what happens when I add the weight of the suppressor. So far I like it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 3:24:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Well then...
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:07:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Mine on Midwest body.
Recommendation on folding adapter?

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:19:46 AM EDT
[#43]

What chassis is that? Generally I'm not a fan of chassis but I kind of like that one.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:22:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

What chassis is that? Generally I'm not a fan of chassis but I kind of like that one.
View Quote

https://enoch-industries.com/product/odin-chassis-system/
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:06:41 AM EDT
[#45]

Thanks. Figures it out of stock like everything else these days lol
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:46:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Built this two years ago.

PMACA Chassis and factory barrel cut down to 4 or 4.5 inches by Morgan at Class 3 Machining. Fun little shooter as I recall, haven't had it to the range since Summer 2019.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top