Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/12/2005 1:02:34 PM EDT
[#1]
My cohort Manford has the R22 and we are both pleased with it. I am considering purchasing one myself, but since he already has one, I have held off for the moment. If you were to produce either the .17 or the 5.7 it would tip the scales and you would definately have another customer (me), especially for the 5.7 version.

Count me in, I think its a great idea.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 4:56:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Rhineland Arms,
    Will the 5.7X28 be based on or similar to the R22 or maybe the MP5 type shape? If the 5.7 is going to be different, what will it look like?
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 5:21:34 AM EDT
[#3]
The 5.7 will be a new rifle, more conventional than the R22. That rifle will take the FN pistol magazines.

We do have another rifle using the FNp90 mags for the rest of you in the free states. The prototype should be done late this week. I wanted it done this weekend but got busy catching up on the R22 stuff.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 8:49:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The 5.7 will be a new rifle, more conventional than the R22. That rifle will take the FN pistol magazines.

We do have another rifle using the FNp90 mags for the rest of you in the free states. The prototype should be done late this week. I wanted it done this weekend but got busy catching up on the R22 stuff.

And people wonder why I have been stashing p90 mags

CH
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 10:27:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Oh dear God, could it be true Is the price still going to be the same for the one that takes the P90 mags?

Any idea of a date for a  finished product for sale?
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

When you get it done will you be posting any pics? I live in one of them there free states and would really like to see the model that takes the P90 mags. If possible -- could you figure out the price range for the production version of that model?
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 6:38:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When you get it done will you be posting any pics? I live in one of them there free states and would really like to see the model that takes the P90 mags. If possible -- could you figure out the price range for the production version of that model?

And pretty please take deposits!!!!!!! Preorders!!!!! just plan ol Dibbs would be fine!!!
CH
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 7:15:33 PM EDT
[#8]
yea dibbs on one of each

i want to see the p90 clip one, but i will for sure get the one that takes the pistol mags fo sho
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 7:51:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
yea dibbs on one of each

i want to see the p90 clip one, but i will for sure get the one that takes the pistol mags fo sho

Yep,
I am in for one of each as well. I have a cache of mags for both and have started gearing up to mfg some ammo. Brass is still hard to get but getting better.
CH
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 12:38:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
yea dibbs on one of each

Count me in for one too!
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 9:44:58 AM EDT
[#11]
i saw some brass for the 5.7x28 on ebay and almost bought a bunch but then it dawned on me that i have no clue how to reload...
but at least i have a bunch of the good ammo stashed away.

someone needs to make a cheap version of this round that will make atf happy, i havent shot my fn in a long time.

really want to see the gun that takes the p90 clips, man if you could do a rifle that took both clips, dibbs on that one too
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 1:57:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
i saw some brass for the 5.7x28 on ebay and almost bought a bunch but then it dawned on me that i have no clue how to reload...
but at least i have a bunch of the good ammo stashed away.

someone needs to make a cheap version of this round that will make atf happy, i havent shot my fn in a long time.

really want to see the gun that takes the p90 clips, man if you could do a rifle that took both clips, dibbs on that one too

The ATF did not ban anything nor make anything illegal. FN pulled a certain load off the market as to not  cause any undo trouble. Rest assured there will be ammo out there. I have been stashing mags and ammo and will seriously stockpile when the gun p90 actually goes to market. The whole ammo craze is due to the medias hype of one person who had a fiveseven on his persons, legally. The police reported he had a new breed of military gun and ammo made for nothing but gong thru body armor. The media spun it and ran with it...thus the feeding frenzy. FN basicall said whatever and stop selling it. There are still other types of ammo out there however.
CH
CH
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 9:25:55 PM EDT
[#13]
well i need more ammo casue i cat bring myself to shoot what i got cause i see the prices on gunbroker.com

how much are p90 clips going for now?
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 10:38:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
well i need more ammo casue i cat bring myself to shoot what i got cause i see the prices on gunbroker.com

how much are p90 clips going for now?

About $60 from CMMG
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 5:40:59 AM EDT
[#15]
The FN p90 mag prices will drop to $40 or less in a couple months. Sometime next year the price of ammo should be at or less than $15 per 50 rounds, maybe a good bit less.

Reloading dies are available as well. But buy from only Redding, RCBS or Hornady.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 3:54:24 PM EDT
[#16]
This looks interesting. I can't wait to see what you come up with. If you have the time, I would like tio invite you to www.fivesevenforum.com to keep us all up to date with your progress. I'm  sure there are a lot of people there who are interested in this project.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 4:12:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
This looks interesting. I can't wait to see what you come up with. If you have the time, I would like tio invite you to www.fivesevenforum.com to keep us all up to date with your progress. I'm  sure there are a lot of people there who are interested in this project.

If there was ALOT of people there
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 5:18:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Since the subject right now is about the magazines for the FN 5.7, could somebody tell me if the 20 round pistol mags are single feed or double feed?
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 5:19:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Oops! forgot to ask -- how can the P90 mags be made to work in a more normal type action? I think I remember there is some type of rotator on the mag that aligns the round correctly to be fed into the chamber.  How the heck do you load a mag like this -- does that rotator come off?
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:13:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Oops! forgot to ask -- how can the P90 mags be made to work in a more normal type action? I think I remember there is some type of rotator on the mag that aligns the round correctly to be fed into the chamber.  How the heck do you load a mag like this -- does that rotator come off?

Just a matter of designing to the mag, simple really. The rounds are only stored perp to the barrel. Once they hit he feed lip area, thye are turned90 degrees.

For example, if you wanted to keep the mag on top, you could use a bolt similer to the Calico, which loads from the top. To move the mag to the bottom, well just flip it over.

CH

Link Posted: 7/29/2005 10:31:23 AM EDT
[#21]
the pistol mags are double stack if thats your question
yea the p90 mags are very neat design
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 12:12:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
the pistol mags are double stack if thats your question
yea the p90 mags are very neat design

I think he means single or double feed, like the difference between an uzi mag and an m11 mag.
CH
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:22:52 AM EDT
[#23]
The magazines used by the Five-seveN are double-stack double-feed.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:15:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:32:51 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
No use to us here in Britain… We are only allowed semi auto rifles in .22LR and .22Magnum.

ANdy

You need a Calico M100 then!
CH
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:00:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Maybe Rhineland can pull some strings with some of the mag manufacturers to get some hi-caps built in 22 magnum and .17 HMR!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:46:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:19:33 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Maybe Rhineland can pull some strings with some of the mag manufacturers to get some hi-caps built in 22 magnum and .17 HMR!

20 round hi-caps in .22 magnum… sounds good!

ANdy

Grendal p30...FUUUUUUGLY!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:32:41 PM EDT
[#29]

Coming Soon

Rhineland Arms will be offering 2 new rifles for the new 5.7*28mm caliber. These rifles will be modular, light and accurate. The 5.7*28 mm is a 22 caliber bullet, the same as a .223 that we are all used to.

The first rifle will be more traditional than the R22 yet still utilize a free float barrel for high accuracy capabilities. The rifle will use the standard FN FiveseveN 10 or 20 round magazines and feature a 17" button made barrel. This rifle will have several parts that are inter-changable with other parts currently on the market. Priced around $500

The second rifle will be based on the same magazine as the FN P90. This rifle will have a free floating 16.5" barrel and readily accept optics. The features of the rifle will be very familiar with a traditional military stock, pistol grip and forearm format. Priced around $550

ok so will the one that uses the pistol mags be set up for optics too, i really really hope so. cant wait to see it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:58:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Oh so tagging for the 5.7 using FiveseveN magazines.

Woody
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:11:06 AM EDT
[#31]
I can give some clues to the Fiveseven mag version.

It will not be like the R22, much to the dismay of many.

It will however be 50 state legal and come with a traditional stock and foregrip. However if you want it can have a pistol grip on it and you can change the foregrip around. We are also working on Tanker, Crew served and LEO versions. It will have quality fixed sights and a built in picatinny rail although not as long as the R22s. So far feeding and ejection are very good as both the mags and ammunition are superior to that of the Ruger aftermarket mags and the shape of the 22Lr ammo.

Currently most of the ammo is coming in like realy hot 22 mag ammo but you get a full boat tail projectile with a better BC and customizable ammo. Maybe a good 200 yard gofer getter.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#32]
oh yea tagged the pistol grip one...LEO style
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:01:10 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

It will however be 50 state legal and come with a traditional stock and foregrip. However if you want it can have a pistol grip on it and you can change the foregrip around. We are also working on Tanker, Crew served and LEO versions. It will have quality fixed sights and a built in picatinny rail although not as long as the R22s. So far feeding and ejection are very good as both the mags and ammunition are superior to that of the Ruger aftermarket mags and the shape of the 22Lr ammo.

Currently most of the ammo is coming in like realy hot 22 mag ammo but you get a full boat tail projectile with a better BC and customizable ammo. Maybe a good 200 yard gofer getter.

You are making me happy, and my wallet very nervous...  

Woody
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:30:17 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Is there any more hints as to what the profile will look like on this rifle? I was wondering if the action/barrel assembly was seperate from the stock so a more standard rifle stock could be used like an M1 Carbine shaped stock or switch to a pistol grip stock?

This "Not Knowing" is KILLING me!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:44:38 PM EDT
[#35]
I was just over at the Rhineland web site www.rhinelandarms.com/ and found that a new tab had been added just below the one for the R22 rifle.

It says;
Coming Soon

Rhineland Arms will be offering 2 new rifles for the new 5.7*28mm caliber. These rifles will be modular, light and accurate. The 5.7*28 mm is a 22 caliber bullet, the same as a .223 that we are all used to.

The first rifle will be more traditional than the R22 yet still utilize a free float barrel for high accuracy capabilities. The rifle will use the standard FN FiveseveN 10 or 20 round magazines and feature a 17" button made barrel. This rifle will have several parts that are inter-changable with other parts currently on the market. Priced around $500

The second rifle will be based on the same magazine as the FN P90. This rifle will have a free floating 16.5" barrel and readily accept optics. The features of the rifle will be very familiar with a traditional military stock, pistol grip and forearm format. Priced around $550

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rhineland Arms

GEEEEZ this waiting is killing me -- the second rifle sounds like just what I'm looking for!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:18:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:11:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Sounds good
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:00:15 PM EDT
[#38]
no one reads my posts
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:49:12 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
no one reads my posts

Who are you?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:08:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Sorry Spaz! I just went over to the Rhineland site and saw the new tab under the one for the R22 -- I didn't realize, till you mentioned your posts, that you had already posted the info -- and on this page! Please understand that i'm old and slow -- sorry guy!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:26:55 AM EDT
[#41]
this thread is worthless without pics
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:33:50 PM EDT
[#42]
i was just kiddn i know it happens i dont read anything you guys post either
i am converting my saiga ak now so i am giving rhineland time to get everything right
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:49:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Any updates on the 5.7 rifles? I know Rhineland is working hard to get the R22 Gen. 2 rifles out but I was hoping that there might be an update on the 5.7 project rifles.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:44:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Tag
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:19:53 AM EDT
[#45]
shot myfiveseven over the weekend...anyupdates on the rifle version yet?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:58:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Tag. I gotta see how these 5.7 rifles turn out ... I might find that it's too cool to pass up.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:55:08 AM EDT
[#47]
The pistol mag version would sell well in Canada, since rifle mags are limited to 5 rounds.  The caliber is a small problem, as there is a badly worded line in our Firearms Act that bans P-90 cartridges.  There is dissent on if it only applies to the AP version, or the cartridge by name.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:43:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Hey Rhineland how about an updated on the 5.7x28 rifle?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Here is the first of the two rifles. This is a upper for a AR15 or M16 that uses the p90 mags. It is a bottom ejector. Testing is still in progress.  It is difficult to get a good picture. The other rifle is a bit more creative and original with pics coming soon.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Looks bad ass so far!  Thanks for the inavative spirit, the gun industry could use more people like you.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top