Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 153
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 11:55:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MikeyCNY:

Any other ideas? I’ve been doing more research and only possible fix I’ve found is to go for a drop-leg style. As this is intended for “bump in the night” style I wasn’t looking for a leg loop etc setup.

I would be using a Safariland ALS/SLS holster but would prefer a slight drop-down in ride height.
View Quote

I would say get a kydex holster with some molle attachment or teklok. The other option is the true north concepts.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 10:30:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Been waiting patiently for a small ifak without success, I may need to cobble something together in the mean time.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Domnior:
https://i.imgur.com/DV2VM5y.jpg

Been waiting patiently for a small ifak without success, I may need to cobble something together in the mean time.
View Quote

Get yourself an HSGI Bleeder/Blowout Pouch and run it horizontally along your belt in the small of back. Strap a TQ on the side and an Israeli Bandage and some gauze inside.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 12:56:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ecgRN] [#4]
PC is all set up. Now its belt time. Almost have it narrowed down to the new HSGI slim-grip because I like the idea of no inner belt. I've worn a Wilderness rigger for years and would like to continue to do so.

My hang up is my holster. I want a mid-ride so that it clears my carrier,  but can't find kydex midride for Glock21 with trl-1 for the life of me. Nothing that will hang off a ubl or g-code thingy anyway

Any ideas? You guys are so smart....

Gracias
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 1:07:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ecgRN:
PC is all set up. Now its belt time. Almost have it narrowed down to the new HSGI slim-grip because I like the idea of no inner belt. I've worn a Wilderness rigger for years and would like to continue to do so.

My hang up is my holster. I want a mid-ride so that it clears my carrier,  but can't find kydex midride for Glock21 with trl-1 for the life of me.

Gracias
View Quote
if safariland doesnt make a ALS holster for it I would fix your gun.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 1:09:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I might just have to remove the light. Don't wanna, but I will.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 1:25:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Badger545] [#7]
My hang up is my holster. I want a mid-ride so that it clears my carrier,  but can't find kydex midride for Glock21 with trl-1 for the life of me. Nothing that will hang off a ubl or g-code thingy anyway
Gracias
View Quote
Black hawk T series with leg strap about the ride your looking for? Mounts right to the belt with an added leg strap if needed. Level 2  T series lightbearing is what you seek

Otherwise just go Safariland like everyone else. ETA I've found the leg strap is really unnecessary with the belt mount. I either go just belt mount or if I want some drop I have a drop leg panel I can attach it to that gives me all kids of ride height adjustability.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 2:01:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ecgRN] [#8]
Thats about the right ride. No a fan of the leg straps though. It might be Safariland and no light time.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 6:58:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By slappomatt:
if safariland doesnt make a ALS holster for it I would fix your gun.
View Quote

I had to recently change pistol platforms for this very reason.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 7:22:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Gracias
View Quote

I bought exactly that except it’s for a G19 w/TLR-1 from QVO tactical. Slapped on a wrapped mid ride UBL from RDR Gear.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 8:39:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Thats about the right ride. No a fan of the leg straps though. It might be Safariland and no light time.

Thanks
View Quote

A safariland ALS with light bearing option will fit a TLR-1.

Their website is horrible at showing options, but the duty series holsters with light bearing mold will hold almost any light out there.  They don't mold to a specific light, they use a generic oversized mold.  The holster locks up between a muzzle plug and the ejection port.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 11:39:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Problem is not the light mold, its the pistol. No Glock21 option with light bearing.

I'll probably give them a call today.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 11:58:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 12:11:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Lol. It was late. I see now. Options in final selection page aren't very clear...when you're cross eyed tired.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 1:59:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Getting started on my first belt.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 9:18:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Gracias
View Quote
True North Concepts drop
QVO Tactical Secondary holster if you dont want level 2 or 3 rentention.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 10:18:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ecgRN] [#17]
Ok....

Figured out the Safariland model numbering system.

I should have a 6390 for a 21 with a tlr1 on the way. Fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 9:22:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Need some help with my belt, specifically the holster.

The inner belt is a Spec Ops Brand improved version of the old pistol belt. Overbelt is a prototype version of the Tactical Tailor Battle Belt.
Attachment Attached File

Due being stuck behind enemy lines for the last 9 years (and a poor), I've been stuck with my original Springfield XDs (9 and 45, Service and Tactical of each), which limits my holster options to begin with. Made a great trade for a Blackhawk Omnivore and Surefire 300V so at least I'm not totally tied in to single pistol. But mounting it is presenting a problem.

The Blackhawk molle adapter is too sloppy and doesn't flex enough to let the belt wrap around my waist. I was looking at their duty belt mid drop, but I think it would have similar issues given the battle belt set up. I have a single strap Safariland drop platform with a QLS set up. I'm thinking of picking up a drop flex adapter and a fork to modify to the BH hole pattern, but I'm open to other options if anyone has any.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 11:45:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By iNuhBaDNayburhood:
Deets, Man!  We need Deets!

That PC a DBT, or what carrier is that?
View Quote

Yup very nice set up there
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 8:31:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 10:04:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: smokedoff] [#21]
Originally Posted By bcauz3y:

Excellent start friend.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Excellent start friend.

Thanks!  Also got started on a Daeodon ASS as well.

I want a safariland 6390 but of course they are hard to find right now.  Doing a tactical tailor multi tool pouch and a hsgi bleeder/blowout pouch.
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 10:07:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By smokedoff:

I want a safariland 6390 but of course they are hard to find right now.  Doing a tactical tailor multi tool pouch and a hsgi bleeder/blowout pouch.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By smokedoff:

Excellent start friend.

Esstac is the best evar
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 8:17:59 PM EDT
[#24]

AWS lab, 2+1 gap kywi, blow out pouch, safariland ubl with qls, and sof-t strapped up front. My duty, range, and larp belt
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:51:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By droys86:
https://i.imgur.com/4u3xSlM.jpg
AWS lab, 2+1 gap kywi, blow out pouch, safariland ubl with qls, and sof-t strapped up front. My duty, range, and larp belt
View Quote

I like it supper clean and simple.
Love the black multi cam.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 7:40:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SeaHunter] [#26]
After so much time reading and researching here, I finally put together a gun belt.

Esstac  Shooters belt
Esstac  5.56 1+2 GAP KYWI shorty
Esstac  DST Blow out pouch -not on belt yet.
La police gear dump pouch- going to be replaced with a Blue Force Gear ultralight pouch.
Safariland  6360 RDS holster for Glock 19 or 23 depending on flavor I want to run that day.

You guys sure know how to cost me money.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 7:46:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By SeaHunter:
After so much time reading and researching here, I finally put together a gun belt.

Esstac  Shooters belt
Esstac  5.56 1+2 GAP KYWI shorty
Esstac  DST Blow out pouch -not on belt yet.
La police gear dump pouch- going to be replaced with a Blue Force Gear ultralight pouch.
Safariland  6360 RDS holster for Glock 19 or 23 depending on flavor I want to run that day.

You guys sure know to cost me money.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/315704/20201024_142123_jpg-1652308.JPG
View Quote

Esstac is best tac
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 8:55:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 03RN] [#28]

Gracias
View Quote

Safariland als

Or ktmech

Eta, looks like you're all set
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 4:44:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Esstac 1.75” shooters belt and double pistol Kywi, and a Maxpedition folding dump pouch. The holster was made by goodmedicine off the EE. It is very much a work in progress, but it’s a start

It’s low profile enough to fit in my EDC bag. The other holster is my Alien Gear IWB.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 5:15:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Saxplayer:
Esstac 1.75” shooters belt and double pistol Kywi, and a Maxpedition folding dump pouch. The holster was made by goodmedicine off the EE. It is very much a work in progress, but it’s a start
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/283892/D1CD4974-B843-48F3-8D97-3A3CFB396EFB-1582218.jpg
It’s low profile enough to fit in my EDC bag. The other holster is my Alien Gear IWB.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/283892/8645EDA1-D494-4CAF-A8DB-92FCE7B0CB6F-1653584.jpg
View Quote

Goodmedicine is good peoples.............................
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 1:01:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ecgRN] [#31]
Originally Posted By Saxplayer:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/283892/D1CD4974-B843-48F3-8D97-3A3CFB396EFB-1582218.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/283892/8645EDA1-D494-4CAF-A8DB-92FCE7B0CB6F-1653584.jpg
View Quote

I have three Goodmedicine holsters and matching mag holsters.

I highly recommend him for slim OWB stuff. He also made me a G21/TLR OWB that  winter carries super comfortably.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 2:28:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By MikeyCNY:
I should have worded it better - I have a separate battle belt that has an inner/outer, but the Gadsen Dynamics holster is the one-piece design so I can throw it on while naked in PJs. Hopefully this image works:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1449/7850/products/warbelt-basic-MUC_1024x1024.jpg?v=1528087257

There is no way to route the holster's belt loops through. Although now that I found that image, I also found this drop leg molle adapter kit - https://www.gadsdendynamics.com/products/molle-belt-drop-leg-adapter - but I'm looking to use a Safariland Mid Ride not a leg drop...
View Quote

Just to provide an update to this in case anyone was looking for a similar solution -

I ordered a Safariland MLS kit to allow me to mount to the molle webbing - in addition to the t-shaped leg drop accessory I was able to get the holster mounted, but as the Gadsen belt wasn't rigid it wasn't very stable. I did more searching and found this padded belt by HSGI - https://www.highspeedgear.com/hsgi/33DG0-33DG0.html

I have several leftover rigid gun belts with cobra buckles (including from Blue Force Gear, so good quality) so I figured this would work well. You need to do a little planning before-hand so you know how much belt to "expose" and where on the circumference. Build quality is excellent, stitching is very good.

So far I only have the holster, two Esstac mag pouches and an IFAK (w/ TQ) mounted - I had a cheap pouch for a cellphone+flashlight but it had Velcro and was quite noisy. Thinking I'll look out for an HSGI Taco rifle+pistol mag pouch if/when they come down in price. May mount a knife as well, but this is my "bump in the night" setup, so trying to keep it minimal.

M&P 2.0 Fullsize w/ Streamlight TLR1-HL and Ameriglo I-Dots
Medical Kit.. I can't seem to find where I got it - it's a bulky beast but is well stocked. Has a TQ dangling. I have a BFG IFAK for my other belt.

So if anyone is looking to repurpose an older Cobra-buckle battle belt, I can 100% recommend this - is it as stable as a two-belt (inner/outer) system? No, but like I said before I was looking for a system to put on over PJs/shorts/bath towel.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 7:11:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Early this year I posted a setup that was widely regarded as too heavy/unrealistic.

I finally put together the new belt. I replaced the giant knife with a Spyderco Shaman folder. One rifle/two handgun magazine spots instead of 2/2. Slimmer IFAK.

Belt - Tyr Gunfighter kit
AR mag - Safariland w/belt attachment
Pistol - HSGI taco w/Esstac loops
Knife/Multi-tool - Maxpedition w/molle attachment
Holster - All Safariland except the T. Rex for the M18
IFAK & TQ - HSGI (chest seal x2, Israeli bandage, naso airway, latex gloves) / Esstac loops on the IFAK

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/1/2020 7:22:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Pleaforwar:
Early this year I posted a setup that was widely regarded as too heavy/unrealistic.

I finally put together the new belt. I replaced the giant knife with a Spyderco Shaman folder. One rifle/two handgun magazine spots instead of 2/2. Slimmer IFAK.

Belt - Tyr Gunfighter kit
AR mag - Safariland w/belt attachment
Pistol - HSGI taco w/Esstac loops
Knife/Multi-tool - Maxpedition w/molle attachment
Holster - All Safariland except the T. Rex for the M18
IFAK & TQ - HSGI (chest seal x2, Israeli bandage, naso airway, latex gloves) / Esstac loops on the IFAK

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/204956/IMG_20201101_154528_369_jpg-1664560.JPG

View Quote

That is a beautiful collection of Safariland.

How do you like the DFA on that style of belt?
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 7:50:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By PatriotNC:

That is a beautiful collection of Safariland.

How do you like the DFA on that style of belt?
View Quote

Thank you. It's not a DFA, but a single strap 6004 (pretty sure that's the model). It was used from the original M11A1 holster. I prefer this style because the velcro belt attachment fits the belt width and there isn't room for play like you'd see with the DFA.

The thigh rig works much better than mid-ride, especially with the SLS holsters, which would bind without the leg strap.

The setup has felt great when sitting in a vehicle, as compared to a mid-ride holster. One issue though, is the bigger/heavier handguns flop around a bit when running. I'm not concerned about losing retention, but it's a bit annoying.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 8:17:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Pleaforwar:

Thank you. It's not a DFA, but a single strap 6004 (pretty sure that's the model). It was used from the original M11A1 holster. I prefer this style because the velcro belt attachment fits the belt width and there isn't room for play like you'd see with the DFA.

The thigh rig works much better than mid-ride, especially with the SLS holsters, which would bind without the leg strap.

The setup has felt great when sitting in a vehicle, as compared to a mid-ride holster. One issue though, is the bigger/heavier handguns flop around a bit when running. I'm not concerned about losing retention, but it's a bit annoying.
View Quote
Ah, good deal, and nice to hear about being in vehicles. That's why I asked, I've noticed that my mid-ride sucks for that.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 10:32:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pleaforwar] [#37]
I was asked about the thigh rig in a vehicle, and since it was brought up in comments here, I figured I'd just take a photo to show where it sits. My vehicle is a 2015 Tacoma. The holster does brush my steering wheel when I exit. YMMV depending on where you position your seat.

Attachment Attached File

A view of the holster from standing. I am not wearing my inner belt.

Attachment Attached File

*ETA - A photo of how the holster connects to the belt. I realized that in the original photo it looks like a mid-ride with a leg strap.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 3:19:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Badger545] [#38]
<deleted>
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 4:27:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 12:59:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:43:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Would I regret going with a duty-type belt instead of one with MOLLE?  I'm not looking to hang the entire EMDOM catalog on myself, just a holster, a mag pouch and maybe a dump pouch.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Zakk_Wylde_470:
Would I regret going with a duty-type belt instead of one with MOLLE?  I'm not looking to hang the entire EMDOM catalog on myself, just a holster, a mag pouch and maybe a dump pouch.
View Quote

Nope. It's what I did. Get a good inner belt and you will be fine.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:50:45 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

In addition to my two piece molle belt, I have a basic safariland single piece duty rig with just a double mag carrier. Adding a dump pouch should be easy. Just be mindful that using belt keepers would be advisable for a single belt.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:53:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Yeah, I can get the Volund 2" duty belt and 1.75" g-hook liner belt for less than just the 2" micro battle belt.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:43:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#46]

Blue Alpha double molle belt
Esstac double pistol mag pouch
Gearwiz TQ pouch
Esstac mini med horizontal
Safariland drop flex adapter with leg shroud / QLS receiver plate
Custom holster with QLS fork (P320C9 with WML...and another for an M11A1)
WTF straps.  Lots of WTF straps.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 7:47:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By scuba_steve:
https://i.imgur.com/HBriERU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/oFkhQCs.jpg

Blue Alpha double molle belt
Esstac double pistol mag pouch
Gearwiz TQ pouch
Esstac mini med horizontal
Safariland drop flex adapter with leg shroud / QLS receiver plate
Custom holster with QLS fork (P320C9 with WML...and another for an M11A1)
WTF straps.  Lots of WTF straps.
View Quote

I like that Esstac mini med.

Feeling cute might drunk buy later idk
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 9:54:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#48]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

View Quote

They call it a med pouch, but it's really just a generic utility pouch, in which you can put anything.  It's not tear away and doesn't have any other special features, but I like it.  Simple.  Holds a decent amount.  Not going anywhere.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 10:00:34 PM EDT
[#49]

They call it a med pouch, but it's really just a generic utility pouch, in which you can put anything.  It's not tear away and doesn't have any other special features, but I like it.  Simple.  Holds a decent amount.  Not going anywhere.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

I do like tear away, I like esstac, but I also think horizontal would be more comfortable
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 10:37:06 PM EDT
[#50]
I have been getting great ideas from this thread, and slowly building up pieces. I hope to get pics up as things come in.
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top