Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/24/2008 3:30:16 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/24/2008 3:37:10 AM EST by chiz45]
I can't seem to find a picture of the interior of the Esstac Minimed pouch/horizontal (mil-spec monkey has one of the vertical). I would appreciate someone providing a description or better yet a picture of the insides. i am interested in both the vertical and horizontal models. Are there elastic retention loops?

I plan on putting a TQ, 2xkerlix, and an H bandage inside; anyone know if all of this will fit?

Thanks!

This page shows the outside only of the horizontal, for reference...
Link Posted: 5/24/2008 4:01:45 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/24/2008 4:11:10 PM EST by BB868]
you looking for info on this one

ESSTAC - UTILITY / GP POUCHES - EssTac Mini-Med, Short

http://www.skdtac.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=218

or this

ESSTAC - UTILITY / GP POUCHES - EssTac Mini-Med, Tall

http://www.skdtac.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=219

I have one of each. there is nothing on the inside. and the zipper ( more so on the tall one ) goes all the way down to the bottom on both sides, and can open up clam-shell style.

I'll try and get pics but may be a few days.

ETA: I got 2 rolls of 2" Kerlix ,1 Israeli compression bandage and 1 Z-Pack bandage
in the short one
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 12:47:13 PM EST
i was thinking they would have a few elastic bands inside to hold stuff in place. I plan on putting 2 kerlix/compressed, 1 H bandage, and a SOF-T TQ. Would all that fit?
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 9:32:18 AM EST
Look at atstactical.com They have a Medical Insert that is the shizzle.All their gear is GTG and available now.
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 11:49:43 AM EST
Thanks for the link, i saw that in the pre-sale section. That pull out is awesome.

Originally Posted By shootinmedic:
Look at atstactical.com They have a Medical Insert that is the shizzle.All their gear is GTG and available now.
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 5:57:42 PM EST

that show's the horizontal stuffed whit what I listed, and it's a tight fit.

I just use it as a 'bigger' small pouch for stuff.

Link Posted: 5/30/2008 7:47:29 PM EST
thanks for the pics! Just not sure why they didn't sew in a few loops on the front and back for 'stuff' retention...
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 9:14:43 PM EST

They are a generic small pouch meant for many things and small enough to not warrant any elastic keepers. They have been made many times over with elastic and even pockets on the inside on a case by case basis and every time the elastic was never added in the same way as not everyone stuffs the same stuff in them.

For what you have listed it would warrant 2 separate pieces of elastic on one side and one centered on the other with another piece possibly on the floor of it for the TQ or even on the outside for the TQ. But the next guy would not be happy with the location and want it a different way. For so few items in such a small package it is best to just stuff the stuff in the pouch and unzip it and grab what is needed.

Rereading this I kinda sound like an ass, not meant to sound that way, its just the best way to describe the why.

Horizontal 6Wx3Dx3T
Vertical 3Wx3Dx6T
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 1:14:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/31/2008 1:17:39 PM EST by chiz45]
no offense taken and thanks for the response. I appreciate it a great deal when manufacturers take the time to post. I've tried tried searching for your stuff online but it seems that SKD is the place to look.

The dimensions do help get a feel for the pouch size and abilities.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:48:47 PM EST
Esstac

I just got one of your MC general purpose pouches with the pals webbing the same color as the pouch.It is an awesome pouch that now rides on my R.A.I.D. pack carrying IV set ups.Excellent detail work
Top Top