wow looks just like a CZ
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 3:38:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Expected price range please?
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 3:43:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 3:44:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Wish it were a major caliber............
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 3:49:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 3:53:52 AM EDT
[#6]
No rail
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 3:58:32 AM EDT
[#7]
It looks a little dated.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 3:58:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 4:49:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Very nice!  + I like your idea about how to build a .40 version.  However what is this about having to arrange for import?..is it not made in the US?
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 5:00:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 5:06:37 AM EDT
[#11]
hope it works out but the price is a bit high IMHO.  Turkey is great at exporting one thing though::::::  HOT CHICKS!!!!!.  

Glad to see armalite branching out
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 5:19:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 5:30:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 5:57:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 6:15:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Slide release is way too big in terms of profile sticking out from the gun and too close to the safety.  The safety should be bigger than the slide release.

I prefer the extend lever type safety like on 1911 if I am going to have a safety.  That safety is a look to make sure it is off safety.  I would rather not have a safety than that safety shown in the pic.

The rear sight looks way to high and already drifted out of the slide.  There does not appear to be much drift room on either the front or rear sight.

If the trigger reset is shorter than a CZ and the issues above are resolved, I would buy it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 6:20:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 6:24:19 AM EDT
[#17]
I'll take a full size version,extended dust cover, w/adjustable night sights, & single action trigger please..............
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Is this model/models going to have expensive mags???

I dont buy firearms anymore if the mags are going to be $40+........waste of money on my part.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 7:45:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Armalite -
       Thanks for the heads up on your new product, and for taking the time to answer questions for us board members.  Thats quite nice of you.

Regarding the pistol - that pic doesnt really give us anything to compare it to, size wise.  Can you estimate dimensions, or provide it with another popular pistol to compare size?

Any plans for a single stack version?
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 10:01:47 PM EDT
[#20]
So is that basically the Turkish copy of the CZ75?  I can't remember their model number for it.  Also will mags for the CZ75 and Tangfolio Witness work in it?
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 10:23:40 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Anybody know of a way to send these things out for aobut $10 each?

Link Posted: 10/25/2006 4:26:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 7:12:33 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Mag cost won't be $40... more like $30, but that's still being worked.

Still, $30 is still to high for magazines. IMO
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 7:48:08 PM EDT
[#24]
For the most part it's a fine looking gun.  I have three cz75 type clones right now, and one of them is my favorite pistol period.  It's a Baby Eagle.  My favorite cosmetic feature of CZ75 derivatives is the full length dust cover as on the baby eagle, EAA Witness Elite Limited, CZ SP01 and a few others.  I don't like seeing the slide rails on the front of the gun.  I understand that such a detail has virtually no effect on the function of the firearm, but I believe it smoothes out one of the only ugly parts of an otherwize attractive gun
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 2:01:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 10:48:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Looks really nice-

Only thing I would ask is more material on the safety so that shooters used to 1911's and USP's have a better place to rest their thumb.  Slide release placement is fine, so long as a high thumb grip won't interfere with slide lock, like on a Sig.

I'm a HUGE fan of any rig that allows cocked and locked carry.  Thats why right now I only own USP's and 1911's.  CZ's never really did much for me, and this looks like it may be the answer.

I'm more of a tactical guy myself.  What I would like to see would be a model with 1- larger thumb safety to shoot high thumb 2- extended threaded barrel- not enough handguns have these, and I can't imagine it would be too difficult to do 3- rail/full length dust cover area 4- SAO trigger with a nice 4lbs pull 5 Night sights.  Not to mention its nice to be able to support an IL based company :-)  A "Tactical" model would be a huge hit IMHO.

Also, as far as MSRP for mags and the firearm, its right in line with alot of other handguns out there.  Like Armalite said, dealers can price how they want, and most of the time its lower than the MSRP.  I have no problem paying for quality, and with everything being forged and cleaned up, not to mention you seem to be hell bent on accuracy, it seems like this handgun will have both form and function.  If it has a sweet trigger, you'll have a real winner.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 12:41:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Any hopes of this pistol coming out in 10mm?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:51:07 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
The pistol is very much like a CZ-75.  Like the description says, it's something between the P210 anc CZ-75.  The main frame differences involve the added safety features.

The mags fit in a 75, but not the other way around.  We'll test for function in the next day or so.  75 mags are just a bit short to fit in the AR-24.

Mag cost won't be $40... more like $30, but that's still being worked.

As to the suggestion of air shipment... that's not too foolish.  It's far cheaper to airfreight these in bulk across the Atlantic than it is to UPS or FEDEX them across the country...  We're being ripped off by a bureaucratic requirement that's not law.  We're looking for a change to another carrier if we can find a secure one.  Any company rule that adds that much money to the cost of shipment without adding value to the customer is ridiculous.

And ArmaLite express has a certain charm to it.  Problem is, how does the crew get a board with what they carry?

Can't you guys use the USPS?

It is legal for FFL holders to ship handguns through the mail...or so I thought

Also, can't these handguns be shipped in bulk to the distibutors throughout the U.S.?

ETA:

I think $20 is a fair price for most pistol mags.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:21:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Thank you for introducing your new product here.  

I'd be interested in a compact version.  Will a decock version be offered?  Will the AR-26's utilize the same frame?

FWIW - the magazine price and/or incompatability with the CZ is a bit of a disappointment.

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Interesting design. While it may be made from higher quality materials than the curreny main stream products, to me it doesn't seem that much different. The price is the deciding factor I think. Im not a fan of that particular design, so I doubt I will buy one, however I do like the new forum and your willingness to answer questions truthfully.

I bid you well in your products success.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:58:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Just my opinion, not trying to bash Armalite. I can't see these things flying off the shelves. In a market that has great products like Glocks, Sigs, and the CZ line at much cheaper prices I feel you have priced yourself out of the market. It's too bad the profit dollar means more than the customer sale.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:01:08 AM EDT
[#32]

AR-24 (full size frame)
Overall Length 8.267 in
Overall Height 5.112 in
Barrel Length 4.671 in
Grip Width 1.339 in
Weight 2.18 lbs
Muzzle Velocity 1148 fps (± 32 fps)

AR-24K (compact size frame)
Overall Length 7.461in
Overall Height 5.257in
Barrel Length 3.888 in
Grip Width 1.339 in
Weight 2.09 lbs
Muzzle Velocity 1115 fps (± 32 fps)

what's the deal with the compact being taller? It's harder to conceal the grip than the muzzle.  

I saw that you compared your new pistol to the Swiss Sphinx.  That's a damn well made pistol, and I hope your offering is as good....but personally, I just can't see it being that much of a money maker.  The Sphinx isn't exactly giving Sig or Beretta a whole lot of competition in the marketplace, mostly because even with the uber-quality, it doesn't do anything better/different than the others...it just costs more.

Not to be entirely negative, I really like the low bore axis, and unlike previous posters, I like the smaller, less obtrusive controls on a carry gun.  

I'd like to see your offering with better sights...novak or similar wedge type rear.  If I see that and it's offered in a major caliber, I'll probably give one a try.  (I really like the previously mentioned idea of 10mm...you're already going to all the trouble of making these with forged steel frames, you might as well go whole hog!)

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:45:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 10:28:56 AM EDT
[#34]
I did not read the whole thread so forgive me if this has been answered but when will this be avalable to buy? I really like the all steel construction and the overall looks!!!
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:37:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Cool, I like.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:54:39 PM EDT
[#36]
I might have missed it, but is the action like that of the CZ (DA/SA with Condition 1 option); also, please say "Yes, it has an ambidextrous safety"
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:00:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Hmmm. Me thinks a railed full dust cover model would be pretty slick.

I fell in love with the newer Sphynx line the first time I saw them, but costing $2000+ was a little very discouraging. I don't like cast frames and/or slides, so when the railed model comes along, it looks like I'll no longer have an excuse not to buy a CZ based pistol anymore.
Link Posted: 11/4/2006 9:02:59 AM EDT
[#38]
I love my plastic guns.

That said that's a nice pistol.  I think the market will bear a high end CZ okay.

A 9mm with an extended, threaded barrel would be cool.....
Link Posted: 11/4/2006 9:22:55 AM EDT
[#39]
I like it, glad to see ArmaLite develope new hand guns and add additional options to the weapons world. Kudos to you
Link Posted: 11/4/2006 9:51:32 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
wow looks just like a CZ

Thats what I thought
Link Posted: 11/10/2006 12:05:31 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I'm more of a tactical guy myself.  What I would like to see would be a model with 1- larger thumb safety to shoot high thumb 2- extended threaded barrel- not enough handguns have these, and I can't imagine it would be too difficult to do 3- rail/full length dust cover area 4- SAO trigger with a nice 4lbs pull 5 Night sights.  Not to mention its nice to be able to support an IL based company :-)  A "Tactical" model would be a huge hit IMHO.

Also, as far as MSRP for mags and the firearm, its right in line with alot of other handguns out there.  Like Armalite said, dealers can price how they want, and most of the time its lower than the MSRP.  I have no problem paying for quality, and with everything being forged and cleaned up, not to mention you seem to be hell bent on accuracy, it seems like this handgun will have both form and function.  If it has a sweet trigger, you'll have a real winner.

M14 hit the nail on the head; the trigger is critical.

By the way Armalite, have you tried DHL?  Perhaps their policy on shipping firearms is more reasonable than UPS/Fed Ex.
Link Posted: 11/10/2006 12:49:44 PM EDT
[#42]
I really like it. It looks like 5 pounds of quality in a 2 pound gun.

Quoted:
...ambidextrous this and that, and so on... ArmaLite deliberately left off some of the faddish stuff and focused on a classic design made of the best processes going.

Good work ditching the fads, but there is a reason for the ambidexterous stuff. Left handed firers are about 10% of the market. I'm left handed, and I absolutely will not buy a pistol I can't operate as easily as it can be operated by a right handed person. This is why I carry a USP every day.

No production gun I can think of has the safety, slide release and mag release on the right side of the frame. Ambidexteous controls were added to get people like me to buy the guns, but If you're left handed and into minimalist controls you are usually SOL.

I'm not going to ask you to compromise the minimalist controls on the AR-24, but I will tell you that I will probably not consider buying if the controls are not accessable to the firing left hand.

On the other hand, I would easily pay $200 more for a dedicated left handed version, especially if it's a pistol with the apparent quality of the AR-24. If the philosophy behind this product is to sell quality instead of quantity, it would benefit Armalite to take advantage of the lefties in the high-end pistol market.
Link Posted: 11/10/2006 1:04:06 PM EDT
[#43]

EDIT After reading other threads , I believe the street price will be competitive  

1. The Price point will be too high to compete with all the Polymer Pistols.

2. People will pay more for SIGS and COLTS rather than buy a gun from Turkey.

3. If Armalite needs to Stamp its Name on a Product to compete in the Mass Market ,
        Stick with Toasters.

You Guys make GREAT RIFLES ! Can't you just do more of that?
Link Posted: 11/11/2006 7:51:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/11/2006 11:26:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Can you tell me if any northern Colorado dealers are going to have some on order. I really would like to see this gun in person. Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/12/2006 10:32:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/12/2006 10:42:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Looks all business, will it fit into Holsters made for the CZ-75?

Have you had the time to put it through any torture testing?
Link Posted: 11/12/2006 11:12:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/14/2006 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#49]
As a firearms instructor I've had the chance to shoot pistols of every make and model.
It's about time someone offered a no-frills working mans gun! There's so much over-priced bling on the market today that the average person without experiance doesn't know what to buy. I've found some of the most expensive one's to not be that reliable, and the lower cost stuff has quality issues.

A basic gun that is designed to be reliable out of the box is rare indeed. Especially one in the price range that you are talking about. Quality control seems to be an issue with many of the handgun makers these days. They rely on marketing gimmicks and throw in a bunch of cheap crap to sell the product.

It sounds and looks like you might have a winner here. I like what I see and I like the specs on the pistol, it sounds very good.
Keep up the good work, I'm anxious to see these hit the market!!!
Link Posted: 11/15/2006 5:13:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Wow, you guys are harsh.  So let me get this straight, you recomend the cz pistol to just about everyone on the board, but armalite comes out with a similar model with some improvements and you gus don't like it.  

Nope, can't spell.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top