Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/15/2006 11:18:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Wow, you guys are harsh.  So let me get this straight, you recomend the cz pistol to just about everyone on the board, but armalite comes out with a similar model with some improvements and you gus don't like it.  

Nope, can't spell.

I love the gun from what I see!  I'm trying to get the cash and have my local shop order me one......I'm a sucker for an all steel gun.
Link Posted: 11/15/2006 11:55:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Cz 75.... Eaa witness, Etc......
Link Posted: 11/16/2006 4:42:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Any hopes of this pistol coming out in 10mm?

That, my friends at Armalite, would take me straight to the store.
Link Posted: 11/16/2006 7:14:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Cz 75.... Eaa witness, Etc......

Considering the low cost, why not own the original Czech model?
Link Posted: 11/17/2006 8:17:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Another CZ-75 clone? When the real deal is cheaper?

You can tout "extra super high quality" all you want, but no one I know has ever worn out a '75. And although the sprayed-on finish on the '75 isn't the prettiest, it does hold up and the blued models are beautiful.

Don't get me wrong, I know you guys found a great product and importing it may have seemed like a good idea, but I think you'd be better off inventing/finding something truly original if you really wanted to enter the market. It may be riskier, but this move dosen't seem to bright to me. But then again I'm not in marketing.

I know I've been wanting to see the roller locked action of the CZ-52 placed in a modern 9mm service auto. It sure could allow a low bore axis, small profile gun of done right.

Make a strong 10mm (15 round mag) or a .45 ACP (12 round mag) that has a street price of close to your current pistol's MSRP, and keep the grip reasonably comfortable...

...then you'll have a winner.

Link Posted: 11/17/2006 6:51:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hi Bookhound.

Thanks much.

We worried about price positioning too...

The problem is that a bay full of Okuma Howas costs as much, or more, to run over there than they do here.  Labor costs are lower  but it doesn't make up for the difference.  One of the problems we face is that we're competing with some plastic  guns that are REALLy inexpensive to make.  We think that there are enough people who will pay for quality that we'll be OK.

One of the big problems is shipping.  Fedex and UPS now demand that handguns go  by air, and shipment of a single handgun to the coast runs about $50.  Distributors and dealers like that freight paid, and so it goes into the price of the gun too.

Anybody know of a way to send these things out for aobut $10 each?

YUP!    Start your own delivery system gun r us delivery to your pkplace of bitness!at 50 bucks a gun thats very profitable@!!
Link Posted: 11/18/2006 1:39:59 PM EDT
[#7]
It certinly looks interesting.
Link Posted: 11/20/2006 2:07:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/20/2006 2:15:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
wow looks just like a CZ

I noticed that 210-style slide.  VERY nice.

wrong caliber   but nice looking gun.
Link Posted: 11/20/2006 2:17:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Looks familiar

reading is fundamental:

Quoted:
No, this isn't made in the US.  Couldn't afford it.

For several years ArmaLite has been associated with the Turkish firm that produces the Service Pistol for their Army.  The company is marketing the ArmaLite AR-10, 30, and 50 to their Ministry of Defense, and has signed an agreement with Colt to build the M4 there (if and when all the export controls are passed).  In a visit to the big Arms Expo there somewhat over a year ago Mark Westrom visited the factory and was stunned by what he saw.  He'd previously thought that the firm was just a Representative.  Turns out that it's a 120 year old company.

Not just that, the outfit, Sarsilmaz, owns Bernadelli in Italy and an ammunition plant in Portugal as well.
Link Posted: 11/20/2006 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks familiar

reading is fundamental:

Quoted:

For several years ArmaLite has been associated with the Turkish firm that produces the Service Pistol for their Army.  The company is marketing the ArmaLite AR-10, 30, and 50 to their Ministry of Defense, and has signed an agreement with Colt to build the M4 there (if and when all the export controls are passed).  In a visit to the big Arms Expo there somewhat over a year ago Mark Westrom visited the factory and was stunned by what he saw.  He'd previously thought that the firm was just a Representative.  Turns out that it's a 120 year old company.

Not just that, the outfit, Sarsilmaz, owns Bernadelli in Italy and an ammunition plant in Portugal as well.

Blow it out your ass chapper. I did read it, but he didn't mention the specific model that it is by Sarsilmaz, the Kilinç 2000, just that it was manufactured by Sarsilmaz. They also make shotguns and rifles and other pitol models. The AR-24 will be a rebadged Kilinç, it would appear.
Link Posted: 11/20/2006 3:38:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks familiar

reading is fundamental:

Quoted:

Blow it out your ass chapper. I did read it, but he didn't mention the specific model that it is by Sarsilmaz, the Kilinç 2000, just that it was manufactured by Sarsilmaz. They also make shotguns and rifles and other pitol models. The AR-24 will be a rebadged Kilinç, it would appear.

step away from teh keyboard and take a deep breath.

Link Posted: 11/20/2006 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#13]
yawn, Just what we need another 9 mity mite.
Link Posted: 11/20/2006 5:23:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Shoot me an PM, Im in that kind of business!

Quoted:
The pistol is very much like a CZ-75.  Like the description says, it's something between the P210 anc CZ-75.  The main frame differences involve the added safety features.

The mags fit in a 75, but not the other way around.  We'll test for function in the next day or so.  75 mags are just a bit short to fit in the AR-24.

Mag cost won't be $40... more like $30, but that's still being worked.

As to the suggestion of air shipment... that's not too foolish.  It's far cheaper to airfreight these in bulk across the Atlantic than it is to UPS or FEDEX them across the country...  We're being ripped off by a bureaucratic requirement that's not law.  We're looking for a change to another carrier if we can find a secure one.  Any company rule that adds that much money to the cost of shipment without adding value to the customer is ridiculous.

And ArmaLite express has a certain charm to it.  Problem is, how does the crew get a board with what they carry?
Link Posted: 11/22/2006 6:58:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/22/2006 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#16]
As for your freight problems, are you referring to getting them from the port of entry to the distributor? If so try Roadway or USF Holland. They both have carried firearms in the past for me.
Link Posted: 11/23/2006 6:33:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 1:07:00 PM EDT
[#18]
What kind of accuracy are we talking about here?  Like the pistol alot by the way...
Link Posted: 12/4/2006 4:51:06 PM EDT
[#19]
What is the guide rod material?

Will Armalite stock parts and sell them directly or will the parts market go to a distributor?
Link Posted: 12/4/2006 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Wow, did I just step into a Springfield Armory/Tangfoglio time warp?

Come on Armalite, be original!
Link Posted: 12/4/2006 5:09:10 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Wow, did I just step into a Springfield Armory/Tangfoglio time warp?

Come on Armalite, be original!

Link Posted: 12/4/2006 5:23:23 PM EDT
[#22]
This would be a nice christmas present.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2006 1:46:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/6/2006 2:49:03 PM EDT
[#24]
got my Tangfoglio .45 with the .22 conversion
kit package for $430. Love the pistol but if
it was over $650 I would not have it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2006 5:06:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/6/2006 5:54:00 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm just trying to follow the motivation behind selling a Turkish copy of an Italian copy of a Czech handgun.

Why not design and build a new handgun here in the US?
Link Posted: 12/7/2006 5:05:48 PM EDT
[#27]
I like it and I want one - look forward to seeing one and likely purchasing.

Looks like it will fit in well between my BHP and my Sig 226.
Link Posted: 12/8/2006 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm interested. But I will wait until I read some member reviews of this pistol.
Link Posted: 12/10/2006 9:03:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 11:01:41 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm not trying to shit on any new pistol, but when S&W's excellent new M&P line is not only American designed and made, but $100 (or more) cheaper than a Turkish derivative, I'm having a very hard time getting enthused about this new offering.

It might be a VERY good pistol, but there are very good pistols flooding the market at a much much lower price point.

Just my tooth hence.
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#31]
for all forged plus machined checkering the price sounds reasonable, plus remember, that price is MSRP.

A company comes out with a new product, that is likely to be high quality and people just trash it? What's the point in being an asshole about it, is there really any reason to be rude? We should all be happy that the industry is thriving and allows new products to be released, even if they aren't for everyone.
You guys are so full of shit it's unbelievable.

Good luck Armalite, and one question, I'm not familiar with this action, but I assume it can't be carried C&L?
Link Posted: 12/24/2006 6:12:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/24/2006 11:59:18 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm ordering the AR-24 compact but trying to decide which to get. The "premium" version with adjustable sights and checkering on the grips or the standard version. If I go with the standard and the gun hits low or high are there sight options that can be installed to bring groups up or down? Also are the grip pannels hard plastic or rubber? Will Houg make grips for the gun in the near future? Thank you!!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 7:26:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Thanks! So the slide is machined from bar stock so it is one solid piece, right? Also to break the gun down for cleaning you just pop out the slide stop right? Thanks again!!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 2:12:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Ok I finally got my dealer to order me one! I got the AR-24K with the fixed sights. It should be here with in a week or so and as soon as I get a chance I'll post a detailed gun review. Looking forward to it!!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 2:26:49 PM EDT
[#37]
tagged for range report.
Link Posted: 1/9/2007 10:47:25 PM EDT
[#38]
I finally recieved my AR-24K from Armalite! My first inpression was that is was a solid quality handgun! I quickly started to look it over and was very pleased with what I saw! The machining was extreemly well done as I could not find a single machine mark of any kind and every curve and line of the gun was machined perfectly! The slide to frame fit is very tight and has minimal play between them. I like 100% lock up with the barrel and slide fit and I'd say the AR-24 is a tiny bit shy of that. I can get the tip of the barrel that is exposed at the end of the slide to wiggle a tiny ammount. I would compair the bit of play I found in the barrel to what you might find on the Beretta M9-92 with it's exposed barrel out the end of it's slide. It takes a bit of effort to make it wiggle and I doubt it will effect accuracy. I may call Armalite and ask if this is normal for these guns.
The trigger is not bad and will make for a solid combat trigger. In DA It starts out pretty smooth and then starts to stack a bit and then has a clean break. SA has a tiny bit of take up which is as smooth as my Sig's and a nice crisp break! The handle slabe are made of a solid plastic which seems to be extreemly durable. I was hoping for some Hough rubber type grips but now that I see what Armalite has done with the plastic I really like it! They have a nice palm swell and are very comfortable. The sights are standard iron sights made of steel and are also well made and line up perfectly.
Overall I'm very happy with this gun so far. If the tiny bit of play where the barrel sticks out of the slide of which might be totaly normal for this gun was gone It would be perfect! Hopefully it performs as good as it looks and feels and that will be my next update to this topic! As soon as I can get to the range I'll post a full report on it's performance with pictures. Here are a few pictures toget started with.....enjoy and stay tuned!

Here is a shot of the feed ramp which is polished and the rounds sit right up on it. I'm betting that this gun with this design will be 100% reliable!
Link Posted: 1/10/2007 10:34:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Tag for range report
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 7:52:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Ok finally had the chance to test fire it.
I shot 210 rounds of WWB 115gr ball ammo and 10 rounds or WWB 147gr JHP ammo. Armalite reccomends 147gr ammo for this gun but the 115 gr seemed to work really well!!! Before I started to fire I cleaned the gun really well and lubed it with Slip 2000 gun oil. Here are a few pictures of the inside of the gun and in it's broken down parts:

Inside of the slide:

Inside of the frame:

The AR-24K was by far the cleanest new gun I have ever cleaned before test firing!!! There was not a speck of dirt in the thing and not any metal shavings from production. I also could not find any machining marks on the inside of the gun as well. Here is a picture of the patch used to clean the bore before shooting, it is the one on the far right and it came out that clean even after scrubbing it with solvent(Mil-Comm MC-25) and a bore brush. The other 3 patches are the ones used to clean it after it had been fired. All 3 patches were used after scrubbing with a slovent and brush and all it took to remove the fouling was the 3 patches!!! I think the bore is chrome lined(sure looks like it) which is why it came clean so fast:

Durring acctuall firing I found the gun to be extreemly comfortable and recoil was very manageable. The AR-24K functioned 99+% as it had 1 malfunction in the 210 total rounds fired. At round 63(the 1st round fired in that mag) it had a falure to eject and stove piped because if it. I'm not sure if it was ammo related or not, probibly just a break in glitch as it never happened again durring this range session. From that point forward it was 100%. I did notice that all shells ejected strongle to the right except the last one fired. The last shell ejected would sometimes only fly 1/8th the distance of the other shells....I don't know why or what that means.
I tried to get the gun to malfunction again by limp wristing it many times and it would not malfunction no matter what I did or how mushy my grip was.

Accuracy was excellent! Even with cheep WWB 115gr ammo I was able to get some pretty good groups. Here are a few groups fired off hand at 25 feet:

And this group was rapid fired all 13 rounds in under 4 seconds off hand with the WWB 147gr JHP ammo again at 25 feet:

All in all I was very happy with gun on it's first range trip. I really wish it had not had that FTE malfunction and was 100%. Based on the way it performed durring the rest of the range session I'm betting that single malfunction was just a break in glitch. Next week I'm going to fire 300 to 500 more rounds and if the AR-24K performs 100% I'll call it broken in and fit to carry concealed! Before that I'll have to test my carry load of Speer Gold Dots 147gr.

Another good thing about the AR-24K and CZ/clones is that the rails are on the out side of the slide and that makes for a faster and easier clean up! The gun was a brease to take apart and clean! I'll post back as soon as I can get to the range for round 2!
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 8:12:18 PM EDT
[#41]
A+ job Armalite!
I was very impressed with the one I was about to get some trigger time with.
Its a great pistol and is built VERY well!  I was quite surprised at the perfect finish and no machine marks anywhere!

Hope you all are having a GREAT SHOT show!
I was supposed to go but had to pass at the last minute due to a passing in the family.

Link Posted: 1/16/2007 7:26:50 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Thanks for the comments.

We're still working on pricing, but remember that this is quite a different product than less expensive models.  Hell, high and low ends works in the 1911 world and we think there's a market for a nicely machined pistol in this line too.  We know that the new polymer guns are popular, but know that there's just nothing that feels like steel in the hand.

There's something interesting about the way these are made that limits us on price.

You might think that an import is naturally less expensive from Croatia, Brazil or Turkey.  That's not necessarily so these days.  The machines in the factory are almost totally Okuma Howas... high end computer controlled machines.  They're just as expensive around the world as they are here.  While labor and land might be less expensive, import duties, freight, etc make up for it.

The only stuff that really gets in cheap is stuff made in huger numbers like computers, or stuff that requires a lot of manhours, like clothing.  A lot of consumer products, especially high quality stuff, comes in about the same price.

Hold on here...If you can but a Stoeger made in Turkey for under 300 and your guns will be made in the same place so why can't the price be around the same? Sounds like someones pockets need more lining. Someone mentioned magazines price. 35 to 40 for a simple magazine. Come on...I built many progressive dies and I could pump these babies out like candy. No rocket science in making a steel based mag. Now a lined plastic injected mag is another story.
I will buy the 24 as long as the price is right. I believe the import tax has some sort of loop hole like if the gun is not 100% completely assembled the tax is much smaller. Maybe something to look into.
Link Posted: 1/17/2007 6:23:11 AM EDT
[#43]
I just received my standard model AR-24 yesterday and took it home to clean it in prep for firing.  I have to second everything already reported about the quality of manufacture, I am very impressed.  I have a CZ75 and will be firing them side by side for comparitive purposes.  So far, I am very happy with it, and the nice plank holder certificate is a nice touch.

BTW: Police Magazine reviewed the gun this month and stated it was the most accurate 9mm they have fired, with .59" groups at 25 yards.  

We'll see, but it seems tight and well made to me.

Kudos to Armalite!
Greg  
Link Posted: 1/17/2007 10:37:16 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I just received my standard model AR-24 yesterday and took it home to clean it in prep for firing.  I have to second everything already reported about the quality of manufacture, I am very impressed.  I have a CZ75 and will be firing them side by side for comparitive purposes.  So far, I am very happy with it, and the nice plank holder certificate is a nice touch.

BTW: Police Magazine reviewed the gun this month and stated it was the most accurate 9mm they have fired, with .59" groups at 25 yards.  

We'll see, but it seems tight and well made to me.

Kudos to Armalite!
Greg  

Gnvdallas,
Congrats! Do you also have a tiny bit of play in the barrel where it sticks out of the end of the slide. If you grip the slide and frame tight together with your left hand and then try to wiggle the barrel with your right pointer finger and see if it has any play....it takes a lot of force to move it.......

Mine has a little but not much......does yours?
Link Posted: 1/18/2007 3:04:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Ok made it to the range again today with the AR-24 and I'm sorry to say it is proving to be a very unreliable gun. I fired 100 rounds of mixed ammo including WWB ball, WWB hollow points, Remington hollow points and a box of 147gr Speer Gold Dots. The gun jamed several times and it was the same kind of jam every time as seen in this picture:

The gun now has 350 total rounds through it and the malfunctions seem to be getting worse. I'm going to clean it real good again and try a 3rd range trip and if it does not perform 100% perfectly it will be sent back to Armalite for repair. This is very dissapointing as I was planing on this gun to be a carry gun. In my book carry guns have got to be 100% reliable, no way is this thing going to defend me and my familys lifes. I'll post back as soon as I can get to the range again!
Link Posted: 1/18/2007 7:09:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/18/2007 7:18:35 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Hold on here...If you can but a Stoeger made in Turkey for under 300 and your guns will be made in the same place so why can't the price be around the same? Sounds like someones pockets need more lining. Someone mentioned magazines price. 35 to 40 for a simple magazine. Come on...I built many progressive dies and I could pump these babies out like candy. No rocket science in making a steel based mag. Now a lined plastic injected mag is another story.
I will buy the 24 as long as the price is right. I believe the import tax has some sort of loop hole like if the gun is not 100% completely assembled the tax is much smaller. Maybe something to look into.

OK my helper, what is your quote for a prog die that will result in a final assembly that is 100% reliable?  As far as pocket lining, WTF do you build?
Link Posted: 1/18/2007 11:27:11 PM EDT
[#48]
It happends with both mags. Both mags are also cleaned when the gun is cleaned. It is lubed with Tetra Grease and Slip 2000 oil(both are good gun lubes). I think the issiue is something is not right with the extractor(yes I cleaned the extractor really well too).

Also the ammo in the picture of the gun jaming is Speer Gold Dots. This ammo is about a $1 a shot and probibly the highest quality ammo on the market.
Link Posted: 1/18/2007 11:37:36 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Hmmm, some interesting comments;

First, whatever a Stoeger for $300 is, it isn't an ArmaLite.  It certainly doesn't come from the same line.

As to SkagSig's issues, there isnt' enough info to give a diagnosis, but we'll look at it if it comes back.  In the meantime clean it, lube it properly, try both mags (is the problem happening with one or the other?) and make sure good ammo is being used.  Make sure the extractor is cleaned well.  Remember that returns without defect or for cleaning are billed at normal shop rates.

We've done considerable  endurance firing and recommend cleaning at 300 rounds.

Out of curiosity, what would you charge Skag if you received his gun and couldn't locate the problem? That happens, I've been through it with Kimber (who not only didn't charge me, but paid my return shipping).
Link Posted: 1/19/2007 10:44:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Armalite,
I sent a IM back to you, let me know if you got it ok. Thanks!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top