Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 4:42:49 PM EDT
[#1]
The S&W M&P .22 compact is a lot of fun and mine has been trouble free. I w old definitely buy another one if this one were stolen.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 7:57:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DavidC:
Have a few more; the Ruger is the least reliable.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2262/22P_jpg-2011279.JPG
View Quote

If you talking HV ammo, I ain’t interested.

How much money did you dump into the Sig to make it reliable?  How much into the Ruger to make it unreliable?
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 8:36:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Steamedliver:

If you talking HV ammo, I ain’t interested.

How much money did you dump into the Sig to make it reliable?  How much into the Ruger to make it unreliable?
View Quote

I only shoot CCI standard velocity through the suppressed pistols.

The only money spent on the SIG was the thread adapter.

And no extra money spent on the Ruger; it's bone stock and the least reliable of my 22s. I have an older heavy barrel Ruger (not threaded) that shoots anything.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 8:38:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By backbencher:
When did Ruger come out w/ the Mk 6?
View Quote
Right after the Mark V
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:04:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I really enjoy my buck mark with a can.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 11:19:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By gsd2053:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/20200926_111029_IMG_0329_JPG-1963006.JPG

That is a gorgeous Volquartsen Scorpion.

As for the preference of pre MKIV MK's. Thats what people who don't have an MKIV say.  

View Quote

I can field strip and reassemble an MK III in 29 seconds.

For that massive inconvenience () I get an aluminum frame and don't have to stare at a giant button.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 6:01:40 AM EDT
[#7]

And no extra money spent on the Ruger; it's bone stock and the least reliable of my 22s. I have an older heavy barrel Ruger (not threaded) that shoots anything.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

If you talking HV ammo, I ain't interested.

They still make the heavy framed Rugers and they still shoot everything.

Link Posted: 7/13/2021 6:48:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: IHC53] [#8]
Originally Posted By osprey21:
Buckmark - ADCO did the barrel.

https://i.imgur.com/wwoPw.jpg
View Quote

What did Adco charge for the threading and setting the front sight back?
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 11:04:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 11:40:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eviljoe] [#10]

Is that reliable?  How long is the barrel?  It looks like a 1.5".
I didn't see it on the Maddmacs website, but I'm kinda looking to make a mini-mamba clone (that is reliable and isn't too expensive).
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 11:06:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GlassHouse] [#11]
Originally Posted By eviljoe:

Is that reliable?  How long is the barrel?  It looks like a 1.5".
I didn't see it on the Maddmacs website, but I'm kinda looking to make a mini-mamba clone (that is reliable and isn't too expensive).
View Quote

Looks like this http://maddmacsprecisiontactical.com/maddmacs-xbar-sr.html
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 7:18:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By M4:
WellI got this on the way.

The 22/45 line just isn't my thing.

I  really like the all stainless target models and it's tapped to mount optics as well as being threaded.

With the new take down of the IV's, I think I'll be happy with this.

https://ruger.com/productImages/40126/detail/2.jpg
View Quote

YOU WILL LOVE IT!

I have the same one. You get it yet?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:12:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4] [#13]

YOU WILL LOVE IT!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/18787/20190309_213614_jpg-1799271.JPG

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M4:
WellI got this on the way.

The 22/45 line just isn't my thing.

I  really like the all stainless target models and it's tapped to mount optics as well as being threaded.

With the new take down of the IV's, I think I'll be happy with this.

https://ruger.com/productImages/40126/detail/2.jpg

YOU WILL LOVE IT!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/18787/20190309_213614_jpg-1799271.JPG

I did get it and have about 300 rounds down range so far. Only have taken it out once but I absolutely love it.

It's a SOLID gun, as you know. It feels and looks like it'd last for generations of shooting.

My only gripe is the all black front sight which I haven't swapped out yet but other than that minor detail, it's a new favorite pistol for sure.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 4:50:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SecondAmend] [#14]

The AR-15 .22LR pistol: All the options for AR triggers that are available, mags from 10 to 50 round capacity, dozens of AR grip choices, almost any rail sight you want, easy to shoot brace-less with barrel lengths from 4.5" to 9", assemble it yourself configured to whatever you choose, and so on.

Disclaimer:  I have no affiliation with or financial interest in any vendor or manufacturer; and I am not a competitive shooter or a blogger who receives any form of compensation for endorsements or favorable public or private comments.  Use of vendor and/or product brand names, if any, is for informational purposes only.

Best of luck.
MHO, YMMV, etc.  Be well.
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 10:29:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By laxman09:
Taurus TX22

View Quote

THIS!
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 10:00:30 PM EDT
[#16]

He’s got a huge backlog damnit
Waiting since July
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 10:22:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Agree 100%.  The Victory has been more accurate and reliable than any of my Ruger variants.

View Quote
Not to say you're lying, but my experience with my 22/45 Lite is amazing. I've actually never cleaned it, ever. And I've had it so probably 8 years or so? I think it was when the 22/45 first came out? Anyways, probably 4 or 5 boxes of that Remington 550 round green box horseshit, all suppressed and I've never cleaned it and it's never malfunctioned unless the shit ammo doesn't fire. I just keep squirting SLIP 2000 in it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 11:15:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 45FMJoe:
Not to say you're lying, but my experience with my 22/45 Lite is amazing. I've actually never cleaned it, ever. And I've had it so probably 8 years or so? I think it was when the 22/45 first came out? Anyways, probably 4 or 5 boxes of that Remington 550 round green box horseshit, all suppressed and I've never cleaned it and it's never malfunctioned unless the shit ammo doesn't fire. I just keep squirting SLIP 2000 in it.
View Quote

You do realize that different people can have different experiences with the same model firearm, right?
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 7:21:51 AM EDT
[#19]

You do realize that different people can have different experiences with the same model firearm, right?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 45FMJoe:

Red for emphasis.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 8:57:26 AM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes
Interesting comment coming from the same person who posted this...

Have a few more; the Ruger is the least reliable.
Yes, different people can have different experiences with the same model of firearm. probably even more so with the Ruger MK series as there have been 4 different generations, 2 different frame types and a number of different barrel options over a 7 decade time period.

That said, I do somewhat question anybody who wants to paint the whole series as unreliable (not saying you were or weren't). I've personally had 4 of them over the years (which isn't a lot but more then the average person) and every one of them has been 100% reliable. That and the fact that Ruger has been selling them for 7 decades now and they are still one of the most popular and best selling 22 pistols out there with after market support 2nd to none. Generally speaking, unreliable guns don't have that kind of longevity or fan base.

So my point is, I'm not doubting that you and some others may have had issues with individual examples but all that shows is that you and some others have had bad luck and nothing more.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 8:58:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DavidC] [#21]
Your presumption is that I was condemning the entire series, I was only talking about my actual experience.

Link Posted: 10/29/2021 9:18:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: airgunner] [#22]
Your presumption is that I was condemning the entire series, I was only talking about my actual experience.
View All Quotes
I guess you missed this part?...

Originally Posted By airgunner:
I do somewhat question anybody who wants to paint the whole series as unreliable (not saying you were or weren't)

So your conclusion of my presumption is incorrect

Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:22:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Anyone have a link to this model? I don’t see it on the Volquartzen site.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 8:55:30 AM EDT
[#24]
My TX22 Competition is quickly becoming my fav suppressor host.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 8:59:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By AKSU:

View All Quotes

HERE
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 10:54:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Steamedliver] [#26]
I just want one that’s the most reliable with standard velocity and a suppressor after a brick of rounds.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 12:58:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By arndog123:

HERE
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By arndog123:

HERE

Thank you. Just ordered one!
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 2:14:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AKSU] [#28]

Link Posted: 12/14/2021 11:42:59 PM EDT
[#29]

https://i.imgur.com/HYGXgyG.jpg
View Quote

NICE!!!  How you like it?
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 6:16:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By seattlite:

NICE!!!  How you like it?
View Quote

I like it, a lot.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 9:20:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/20200926_111029_IMG_0329_JPG-1963006.JPG

Get both

The Ruger is really nice, but you will want the accurizing kit or the full competition kit. My VQ is next level though.

Can't go wrong with either. I prefer the MK III over the IV but I know I'm the minority.
View Quote

I love the GREEN... one day... maybe one day.. (if they still make that color). Hopefully it wont look too ugly with my spectre II
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 7:05:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: molar] [#32]
I just want one that’s the most reliable with standard velocity and a suppressor after a brick of rounds.
View Quote

The MKIV isn’t what you are looking for, that’s for sure.

Aside from the crap trigger that had to be replaced with a Volquartsen,  I had to put a VQ extractor, firing pin, and lightened recoil spring assembly in my 22/45 lite just to get it to cycle 50-100 rounds of standard velocity reliably suppressed.  After that, it’s fouled to the extent that  it’ll only function with high velocity ammo like mini mags.  

This has me searching for other suppressor hosts and through my research, it looks like the TX22 competition may be the best. I never thought I’d buy a Taurus product, but I think I’m  going to.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 8:38:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By molar:

The MKIV isn't what you are looking for, that's for sure.

Aside from the crap trigger that had to be replaced with a Volquartsen,  I had to put a VQ extractor, firing pin, and lightened recoil spring assembly in my 22/45 lite just to get it to cycle 50-100 rounds of standard velocity reliably suppressed.  After that, it's fouled to the extent that  it'll only function with high velocity ammo like mini mags.  

This has me searching for other suppressor hosts and through my research, it looks like the TX22 competition may be the best. I never thought I'd buy a Taurus product, but I think I'm  going to.
View All Quotes
I just want one that's the most reliable with standard velocity and a suppressor after a brick of rounds.

The MKIV isn't what you are looking for, that's for sure.

Aside from the crap trigger that had to be replaced with a Volquartsen,  I had to put a VQ extractor, firing pin, and lightened recoil spring assembly in my 22/45 lite just to get it to cycle 50-100 rounds of standard velocity reliably suppressed.  After that, it's fouled to the extent that  it'll only function with high velocity ammo like mini mags.  

This has me searching for other suppressor hosts and through my research, it looks like the TX22 competition may be the best. I never thought I'd buy a Taurus product, but I think I'm  going to.

Damn near the exact opposite experiences I've had with the Mark IV Tactical.

At least 2500 flawless, super accurate rounds through it. It's a dream .22 IMO, and built to last several lifetimes.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:37:17 PM EDT
[#34]

The MKIV isn’t what you are looking for, that’s for sure.

Aside from the crap trigger that had to be replaced with a Volquartsen,  I had to put a VQ extractor, firing pin, and lightened recoil spring assembly in my 22/45 lite just to get it to cycle 50-100 rounds of standard velocity reliably suppressed.  After that, it’s fouled to the extent that  it’ll only function with high velocity ammo like mini mags.  

This has me searching for other suppressor hosts and through my research, it looks like the TX22 competition may be the best. I never thought I’d buy a Taurus product, but I think I’m  going to.
View Quote

This is not my experience. I have a mk4 tactical and that thing cycles everything suppressed. Even the semi auto quiet’s. Only issue I have had is a few dud rounds
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 8:56:49 PM EDT
[#35]
My Ruger friends all regret not buying a Buckmark after shooting mine suppressed.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 9:07:00 PM EDT
[#36]
I had the original Ruger MK III 22/45 Lite and it was a great suppressor host with a few exceptions.

Being the original version it did not have the barrel cooling cuts and heat would build up, this caused lead bullets to melt and adhere to the barrel. If I used copper jacketed bullets there was no build up and all was good. I was worried about a baffle streak or poor accuracy. I had thousands of lead bullets that I couldn't use.

Between that and the difficulty to take it apart I was getting ready to buy the Ruger MK IV 22/45 Tactical. It solved the 2 issues that I had.

Then Sig released the P322 and I bought one of those instead. It fixed both issues that I had along with not needing $100 worth of aftermarket parts to get it running better and restore the functionality that Ruger's lawyers took away. The P322 also had 20 round magazines, better sight options, and ergonomics similar to a standard pistol.

The P323 shot just fine suppressed with the only noticeable difference is there is some unburned powder blown back in your face while shooting. Otherwise I'm happy with my decision.

I'll get a Ruger MK IV for tried and true with lots of aftermarket or a P322 if you want to try the new cool pistol.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 2:21:06 PM EDT
[#37]
I never even wanted a .22lr before seeing this on Instagram. A year later I've got everything but the Oculus which should be approved any day and I'll have it's clone.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

Get both

The Ruger is really nice, but you will want the accurizing kit or the full competition kit. My VQ is next level though.

Can't go wrong with either. I prefer the MK III over the IV but I know I'm the minority.
View Quote

Who did the fancy Cerakote on the Volquartsen?
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 2:47:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gunnut284] [#39]
The Ruger MK series and Browning Buckmarks are still the best options. To my ear my Ruger sounds slightly quieter than my Buckmark but that’s subjective. The Buckmark has a nicer stock trigger and better feeling grip. I’d like to get a MKIV 22/45 Tactical but they have gotten rare and expensive.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 2:49:50 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

I love mine.  I bought the Whisper package pre threaded and use a Mask HD.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 9:59:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Have been shooting my suppressed GSG 1911 with CCI Standard Velocity. Just bought this upper with 3.5" barrel for my Ruger MK IV. The pic rail screws will be replaced with flush Ruger screws.

Link Posted: 6/15/2022 9:55:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By hkusp:
Have been shooting my suppressed GSG 1911 with CCI Standard Velocity. Just bought this upper with 3.5" barrel for my Ruger MK IV. The pic rail screws will be replaced with flush Ruger screws.

https://i.postimg.cc/523Zy5H9/Ruger-Tactical-1280-image.jpg
View Quote

I emailed Ruger asking for them and they were in the mailbox 4 or 5 days later. No charge.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 7:16:07 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm curious as to why some posters want to shoot subs through their pistols.  I get no sonic crack from CCI SV through mine.  CCI quiets are just a hair quieter,  but its not "life changing" like subs through a rifle.

I made improvements to mine via TK and Volquartsen trigger parts,  but didn't have to.  Just wanted to tinker.

I will say I shot a buddy's Sig P322 with my TBAC Td on it and I was impressed.  Completely reliable with cci sv and very quiet.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 11:20:31 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

@osprey21

I have a Buckmark that I love, and I'm on the fence between having the barrel cut and threaded vs. buying a new TacSol barrel.

Any regrets?  
Do you miss the longer sight radius of the original configuration?
Do you think the lighter aftermarket barrel would be a better choice when combined with the weight of a suppressor?
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:15:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By rob78:
I'm curious as to why some posters want to shoot subs through their pistols.  I get no sonic crack from CCI SV through mine.  CCI quiets are just a hair quieter,  but its not "life changing" like subs through a rifle.

I made improvements to mine via TK and Volquartsen trigger parts,  but didn't have to.  Just wanted to tinker.

I will say I shot a buddy's Sig P322 with my TBAC Td on it and I was impressed.  Completely reliable with cci sv and very quiet.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/71042/20220606_163507_jpg-2419849.JPG
View Quote

Rob, CCI standard velocity is subsonic, even through a rifle. You can shoot blazer or other high velocity rounds through a short barrel pistol, <4.5" and stay subsonic.
I just got a p322 to go with several other 22's and it is really nice. Loading the mags is a pain over and over again.
With the Rugers you can use the McFadden loader and it makes it a joy to load at the range.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 3:39:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 8:52:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By deadeye99:
Rob, CCI standard velocity is subsonic, even through a rifle. You can shoot blazer or other high velocity rounds through a short barrel pistol, <4.5" and stay subsonic.
I just got a p322 to go with several other 22's and it is really nice. Loading the mags is a pain over and over again.
With the Rugers you can use the McFadden loader and it makes it a joy to load at the range.
View Quote

In my experience it's going to depend on barrel length and conditions. I've definitely had CCI SV go supersonic out of a 16" barrel on rare occasion in certain weather conditions.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 11:53:50 PM EDT
[#48]

Have not shot it, yet. If it is reliable with the can, it'll be pretty nifty.

I also have a 22/45 threaded and ready to go, which will probably see much more use
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 12:37:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Walther PPKS quiet as they come
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:47:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Czechers] [#50]
Originally Posted By M4:

They still make the heavy framed Rugers and they still shoot everything.

https://www.ruger.com/productImages/40126/detail/1.jpg

View Quote

Shot MKII's in college at the pistol club but after I dumped the GSG Firefly POS I found the SW22 threaded for $399 via Davidson's GOG when I was looking for something I might get a can for later.  Very reminiscent of the MKII in feel IMHO. Comes with a Pic rail in the box also. Haven't even shot it yet but trigger seems nice. Watching this thread for dedicated suppressor recommendations...

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top