youtube
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 1:04:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By evnash:
video running my S&W 2213 and 422 thru a bunch of subsonic ammo

youtube
View Quote

Cool - I've toyed with the idea of getting a 422, mostly cause I already have a bunch of 12rd mags from my 41. They are kind of goofy looking guns though! lol
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 4:20:29 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're a practical person, either a Ruger MK series or a Browning Buckmark.

If you don't mind spending a little more, then I would say a Beretta 87 (Cheetah), a CZ Kadet pistol, an integrally suppressed Ruger MK series, or something resembling the Old School High Standard OSS suppressed pistols, if it's reliable.

One of my current favorite .22 pistols to shoot is my surplus Beretta 71, but I don't own a suppressor, and generally speaking, if you won't be carrying it concealed, a bigger grip is always better for me.

Good luck with the project!
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 8:00:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Ruger 22/45 MK III tactical or 22/45 MkIV lite.

Buckmarks 2nd place due to slide action noise (ringing ).
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 8:07:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By tangeant:

View Quote

I've never experienced that with mine or heard of it. Is that a common thing? My Buckmark has a massively better trigger than any Ruger I've shot, but Ruger does offer some neat variants. What's involved in improving their triggers?
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By czgunner:

I've never experienced that with mine or heard of it. Is that a common thing? My Buckmark has a massively better trigger than any Ruger I've shot, but Ruger does offer some neat variants. What's involved in improving their triggers?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By czgunner:
Originally Posted By tangeant:

I’ve noticed, to my ear at least, that my Ruger does sound slightly quieter than my Buckmark. I attributed it to the port pop coming out both sides on the Buckmark and the slight ringing noise from the Buckmark slide. It’s minimal but perceptible to me. I still like the Buckmark.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 12:08:44 AM EDT
[#7]
My experience with the mkiv tactical has been less than stellar. I can get it maybe 50 rounds suppressed before various malfunctions. Nothing ive tried has fixed it. VQ firing pin and extractor, TK follower buttons and springs, VQ trigger. It does even worse if i put a WML on it.

Having to detail strip it every box sucks. I'm seriously looking at a glock 44 because at least you can detail strip a glock in like 2 minutes
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:22:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blacktoothgrin] [#8]
Originally Posted By molar:

The MKIV isn’t what you are looking for, that’s for sure.

Aside from the crap trigger that had to be replaced with a Volquartsen,  I had to put a VQ extractor, firing pin, and lightened recoil spring assembly in my 22/45 lite just to get it to cycle 50-100 rounds of standard velocity reliably suppressed.  After that, it’s fouled to the extent that  it’ll only function with high velocity ammo like mini mags.  

This has me searching for other suppressor hosts and through my research, it looks like the TX22 competition may be the best. I never thought I’d buy a Taurus product, but I think I’m  going to.
View Quote

Strange, mine runs fine with SV ammo suppressed.  It's stock except the VQ kit.
ETA- forgot I put a Paclite upper on it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 7:00:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Buckmark.

Link Posted: 3/18/2023 4:15:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Had very good luck with the S&W victory. After adjusting ejector it runs everything I've fed it, even subsonic " />
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 4:17:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Regarding the Ruger mark IV, what’s the difference in the regular vs the 22/45 besides the grip angle?  Do they take the same mags?  Anything else?

I was looking for one locally and somebody sent the one they have for sale but it is the regular grip angle not the 22/45, that I had before on a mark III…
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 6:06:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By scottMO:
Regarding the Ruger mark IV, what’s the difference in the regular vs the 22/45 besides the grip angle?  Do they take the same mags?  Anything else?

I was looking for one locally and somebody sent the one they have for sale but it is the regular grip angle not the 22/45, that I had before on a mark III…
View Quote

They do not use the same magazines due to the grip angle. Outside of that, I believe they are the same. Uppers will fit on both standard and 22/45 frames due to the new takedown method. Somebody will correct me if I am missing something.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 7:45:08 PM EDT
[#13]
The 22/45 lowers are plastic and regular MKIV’s are either aluminum or steel.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 8:14:31 PM EDT
[#14]
I haven’t picked up my 22/45 after getting a tx22.

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 12:01:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: spmx7777] [#15]
Originally Posted By gotuonpaper:

I love mine.  I bought the Whisper package pre threaded and use a Mask HD.
View Quote

I have a Whisper as well and use a Gemtech Outback and a Holosun for rimfire steel challenge (unsuppressed). I had some FTE with the Whisper; a couple screws needed tightening and it’s been perfect since then.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:23:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:55:05 PM EDT
[#17]
I want a semi auto that’ll run a 1000 rounds of subsonic 22LR, 100% suppressed, without any cleaning without choking.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:58:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By osprey21:
Buckmark - ADCO did the barrel.

https://i.imgur.com/wwoPw.jpg
View Quote

Same  but factory threaded barrel. Just an awesome shooter.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 5:51:37 PM EDT
[#19]
I just picked up a TX22 competition for 439 plus tax. I have to say it may be better than my Ruger mark IV.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Steamedliver:
I want a semi auto that’ll run a 1000 rounds of subsonic 22LR, 100% suppressed, without any cleaning without choking.
View Quote

The most reliable rimfire pistol I've ever shot suppressed by far has been a CZ Kadet. Can't say if I ever made it 1000 rounds with it never choking, but I bet I went way longer than 1000 rounds without cleaning and without any consistent stoppages.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 8:17:17 AM EDT
[#21]
I just picked up a TX22 competition for 439 plus tax. I have to say it may be better than my Ruger mark IV.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2158/IMG_4766_jpeg-2840310.JPG
View Quote

That's funny, I had a TX22 LONG before I got my MK4 and my TX22 hasnt been shot since. Maybe I'm still on the honeymoon phase with a new gun
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 8:20:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By laxman09:
Taurus TX22

View Quote

TX22 competition.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 9:08:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By iGottaDropADuce:

That's funny, I had a TX22 LONG before I got my MK4 and my TX22 hasnt been shot since. Maybe I'm still on the honeymoon phase with a new gun
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Could be the same thing for me too!
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 9:46:34 AM EDT
[#24]
I have a billion rounds through my MK4 with a Mask on it. It’s very reliable. My friend’s SR22 with a Warlock on it has also been very reliable.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 9:50:24 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

No its not just you. I also have both and I'll take the MKIV 22/45 over the TX22 any day of the week. I'll keep my P322 over the TX22 too. Only reason I even keep the TX22 is cause it was so cheap it's not worth the hassle of selling.

To be clear, nothing wrong with the TX, I just like the other 2 better.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 3:48:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By airgunner:

No its not just you. I also have both and I'll take the MKIV 22/45 over the TX22 any day of the week. I'll keep my P322 over the TX22 too. Only reason I even keep the TX22 is cause it was so cheap it's not worth the hassle of selling.

To be clear, nothing wrong with the TX, I just like the other 2 better.
View Quote

Yeah, but is it the Competition TX22? Because that is one sweet ass pistol. I can't really decide which I like better between that and my MKIII 22/45 Lite.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 9:48:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By 45FMJoe:

Yeah, but is it the Competition TX22? Because that is one sweet ass pistol. I can't really decide which I like better between that and my MKIII 22/45 Lite.
View Quote

Nope mine is the standard and I don't care for the optic location on the Comp model but to each their own. Nice thing is we all have lots of choices, especially in the 22 pistol world.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:56:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By 45FMJoe:

View Quote

Mine is the competition model. Bought the conversion kit so I’ve shot both variations of the TX22. Still prefer the MK4
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 9:25:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Ruger MKIV 22/45 is the most unreliable gun I have ever owned.  Buy a Buckmark.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 10:34:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NorthPolar] [#30]
Originally Posted By Lucretius76:
Ruger MKIV 22/45 is the most unreliable gun I have ever owned.  Buy a Buckmark.
View Quote

What issues are you having?  

I’m at almost at 800rds suppressed, and probably close to 5k through the pistol as a whole. Other than it getting filthy I don’t have any real issues. I did put in VQ bolt parts a couple hundred rounds ago.  No issues other than ammo related previously though.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 2:45:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lucretius76] [#31]
Originally Posted By NorthPolar:

What issues are you having?  

I’m at almost at 800rds suppressed, and probably close to 5k through the pistol as a whole. Other than it getting filthy I don’t have any real issues. I did put in VQ bolt parts a couple hundred rounds ago.  No issues other than ammo related previously though.
View Quote

I guess I should have explained my take a bit better.  I'm not trying to incite an argument or be contrary.   I have multiple issues. Failure to feed,  failure to extract randomly and my Ruger will not make it through a magazine without one of these most times.   I've put more after market parts into the gun than it was originally worth, Volquartsen and Tandemkross you name it my gun has had it.  I've put the gun all back to stock form, same result except dramatically worse trigger.   I've gone part by part to no avail.   Bought brand new magazines and then have half a dozen that I've sanded and worked over and replaced the guts to aid in reliability as well.  I clean my guns after every shoot and this one has been bo different.  In fact, this gun has been detail stripped and cleaned within an inch or it's life religiously.  I shoot CCI standard velocity or mini mags and occasionally federal bulk ammo.  I've tried a few others that neither confirm nor deny my results.
The gun is the most fun yet most disappointing gun experience I have ever had.  When it functions,  suppressed,  it's so much fun it's hard to describe.   The unreliable nature of it overshadows that fun so badly for me that I haven't even handled it, much less shot,  in over a year.   It sits in my safe and I glance at it wearing my Thunderbeast 22 suppressor with disdain.
I cannot in good conscience sell it to someone else or trade it in for something to replace it because it's a colossal piece of shit.
I know many love their version and have a different experience.   This one is mine and I will never own another Ruger MKanything ever again.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 3:49:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Have you thought about returning it to stock and sending it to Ruger to get worked over?
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 4:09:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By NorthPolar:
Have you thought about returning it to stock and sending it to Ruger to get worked over?
View Quote

I have, and you are not the first to suggest it.  I suppose I've chalked it up to a loss for so long that I don't ever think about it until I come across a thread like this where an individual is looking for feedback.
If it did get sent back to Ruger and returned "fixed", I would immediately sell it for whatever I could get.  The stock trigger is garbage,  and the aftermarket is what makes the gun appealing.  I'm just very soured on the fun at this point.  As juvenile as it sounds, and I fully admit that hating an inanimate object is pointless,  I fucking hate this gun.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 4:55:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: telemarker] [#34]
22/45 Paclite barrel, FF3, all VQ internals and a YHM Wraith.
Probably my favorite pistol and I take it everywhere in my pack.

Link Posted: 7/21/2023 5:29:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Lucretius76:
I have, and you are not the first to suggest it.  I suppose I've chalked it up to a loss for so long that I don't ever think about it until I come across a thread like this where an individual is looking for feedback.
If it did get sent back to Ruger and returned "fixed", I would immediately sell it for whatever I could get.  The stock trigger is garbage,  and the aftermarket is what makes the gun appealing.  I'm just very soured on the fun at this point.  As juvenile as it sounds, and I fully admit that hating an inanimate object is pointless,  I fucking hate this gun.
View Quote

I can actually relate to a lot of this.

I have a Ruger Mark IV Lite that's pretty much been a POS since new. Lots of light primer strikes, pretty much every mag. Some failures to feed as well. I've cleaned it thoroughly, put in some aftermarket parts, nothing helped. I haven't touched it for years now, just don't have time. When I get some time, I plan to return it to stock config, send it to Ruger to be repaired, and then if it seems like they fixed the issues I'll sell it. If not, I'll chalk it up as a loss I guess.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Ruger wasn't able to get my Mkiv tactical to run right.

I was seriously looking at a tandemkross or volquartsen frame, but not anymore. I'm not dropping an extra $500 on a part to fix a $500 gun that i already have $500+ in "fixes" in.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#37]
I like this Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 12:18:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Bump
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 12:35:35 AM EDT
[#39]
I had it in my head to get a MKIV 22/45, but the guy at the LGS is trying to steer me towards an FN 502...
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 1:16:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Beretta 71 is my suppressed .22 of choice.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 1:53:29 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

I like mine better than my Ruger, too.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 2:12:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Tx22c is nice

YouTube link
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 1:31:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Do you use that spring washer that comes with the Ruger when you put a suppressor on or do you just mount the suppressor to the bare barrel?
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 5:45:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By A96HondaAccordEX:
Do you use that spring washer that comes with the Ruger when you put a suppressor on or do you just mount the suppressor to the bare barrel?
View Quote
Remove the washer. You don't want anything in between your suppressor and the shoulder that has the potential to cause misalignment.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:46:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Not sure I can argue with you .
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 2:48:27 PM EDT
[#46]
.22 Hosts:
Mark IV
Sig 322
Taurus TX22Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 7:46:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: spmx7777] [#47]
Originally Posted By Mall-Ninja:
I had it in my head to get a MKIV 22/45, but the guy at the LGS is trying to steer me towards an FN 502...
View Quote

He’s trying to unload slow moving inventory.

It’s not really a FN, it’s made by Umarex, which makes 22s for many other manufacturers. None of which I would call quality. Image from a YouTube review

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 4:24:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

He’s got a huge backlog damnit
Waiting since July
View Quote

What about the one from Silencershop?

Ruger

Link Posted: 10/19/2023 4:39:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Trumpet:

What about the one from Silencershop?

Ruger

View Quote

The short uppers like that are fun, see my picture a few posts above.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 12:38:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spmx7777] [#50]
Originally Posted By osprey21:
Buckmark - ADCO did the barrel.

https://i.imgur.com/wwoPw.jpg
View Quote

Nice.  The Buckmark also has factory threaded options, e.g.,

https://www.browning.com/products/firearms/pistols/buck-mark/buck-mark-micro-bull-suppressor-ready.html

Attachment Attached File

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top