Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 2:07:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been wanting one

Going to be picking a full size up in the next month or two.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 4:06:56 PM EDT
[#2]
320's been selling great around here, long before the Army deal...I really like the platform, have a 320C and will be buying more
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 5:03:08 PM EDT
[#3]
They have been sold out most places I stop at .The 2 I have shoot very well ,com, and now a full size both are 9mm and have all the updates I made sure they were late build date guns .
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:57:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I had one and didn't care for it. Sig dropped the ball on the 250, after I bought one of those too, and never offered anything for it like they said they would-frames and mag. production was almost non-existent and prices were insane. I had the compact medium grip module. I liked the angle but thought the grip width was a little much for a 9mm pistol,so I had to buy another frame module- another $50.00 added to the price of the gun. The original trigger was bad with trigger slap,so I had to buy another trigger upgrade-another $50.00. I then wanted to use the new frame I bought but now had to buy another slide stop/bracket because the older one would not fit with the new grip module-another -$35.00. When I bought the extra grip module in the carry-small size they didn't have any other color available other than fde,so I had to settle with that color.

The only I really liked and didn't like at the same time was the trigger pull. It is very short and in the heat of the moment, I could see it being a problem for me as well as some others.

With all of the headaches and trial by dollar, I would never buy another again. Good luck getting parts and magazines in the next few months. I am sure Sig will cater to the government contract and we will be left out in the cold again.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 3:01:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hate to break it to you but it is a real Sig.  Are you supposed to sound more tier 1 buy declaring you will never touch a P320 or Glock?  I never get why someone would be so dogmatic and draw a line in the sand and declare you would never cross it.  More power to you but you should expand your horizons the P22x series do not do anything better than Glock or P320 and vise versa.  The P320 is not a Glock and a Glock is not a P320. You remind me of a person who will not try a certain food only because it is a certain color.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love real SIGs but will never touch one of their Glock clones.

Or a Glock.

Hate to break it to you but it is a real Sig.  Are you supposed to sound more tier 1 buy declaring you will never touch a P320 or Glock?  I never get why someone would be so dogmatic and draw a line in the sand and declare you would never cross it.  More power to you but you should expand your horizons the P22x series do not do anything better than Glock or P320 and vise versa.  The P320 is not a Glock and a Glock is not a P320. You remind me of a person who will not try a certain food only because it is a certain color.

Not trying to sound "tier 1".

Last I read, SIG in the USA developed this, not SIGARMS.  Glocks have just never done anything for me--the trigger, the feel, the ergonomics so naturally all their lesser clones to come out over the years:

XD
MP
VP9
P320

ETC

Also do nothing for me.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 3:50:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Last I read, SIG in the USA developed this, not SIGARMS.  Glocks have just never done anything for me--the trigger, the feel, the ergonomics so naturally all their lesser clones to come out over the years:

XD
MP
VP9
P320

ETC

Also do nothing for me.
View Quote

Curious as to what do you EDC? I have some steel/aluminum frame pistols but don't like lugging them around all day IWB. I also prefer a striker fired pistol w/o external manual safety for carry though too but that is a different conversation altogether.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:13:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Curious as to what do you EDC? I have some steel/aluminum frame pistols but don't like lugging them around all day IWB. I also prefer a striker fired pistol w/o external manual safety for carry though too but that is a different conversation altogether.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

XD
MP
VP9
P320

ETC

Also do nothing for me.

In the summer I usually just drop my P7 in my pocket.  If I can wear an unbuttoned longsleeve I've been liking my P229 lately.

I have carried the following in the 10 years since I got my first CHL:

USP
USPc
P2000
M9/92A1

I prefer cocked and locked with manual safety but can handle DA/SA too.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:34:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

In the summer I usually just drop my P7 in my pocket.  If I can wear an unbuttoned longsleeve I've been liking my P229 lately.

USP
USPc
P2000
M9/92A1

View Quote

HK P7?  P7 is very similar to a Glock I carried one off and on for years.  The trigger is nice but the reset sucks and I am not sure how you are dropping a P7 in a pocket as it is the same size as a G19.

Seems to me you like DA/SA pistols which is why you probably do not like striker fired pistols.  The CZ P07 is a pretty slick pistol same with the CZ P01 and 75 PCR.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:47:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

HK P7?  P7 is very similar to a Glock I carried one off and on for years.  The trigger is nice but the reset sucks and I am not sure how you are dropping a P7 in a pocket as it is the same size as a G19.

Seems to me you like DA/SA pistols which is why you probably do not like striker fired pistols.  The CZ P07 is a pretty slick pistol same with the CZ P01 and 75 PCR.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

USP
USPc
P2000
M9/92A1

It is much smaller than a G19 IMO.  I have pocket carried it easily going back to the first one I bought in '08.  I wear carpenter's jeans,do they have bigger pockets than most?  I am 6'2".  The trigger reset is "meh" on the P7 but I like its compact size for a 9mm and I always shot it very well from day 1.

I do need to get a CZ.  I've definitely looked at them a bunch over the years but never did pull the trigger on one.  I have seen several glowing reviews now that have piqued my interest.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 5:15:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It is much smaller than a G19 IMO.  I have pocket carried it easily going back to the first one I bought in '08.  I wear carpenter's jeans,do they have bigger pockets than most?  I am 6'2".  The trigger reset is "meh" on the P7 but I like its compact size for a 9mm and I always shot it very well from day 1.

I do need to get a CZ.  I've definitely looked at them a bunch over the years but never did pull the trigger on one.  I have seen several glowing reviews now that have piqued my interest.
View Quote

I have carried both they are very similar in size Glock is much lighter.  HK P7 is one of my favorite pistols because it feels like a Luger\Glock in my hand one of the reasons I like it so much.

The P07/9 is great polymer CZ but the CZ 75/SP01 are metal framed and have better stock triggers.  I own both a 75BD and SP01 Tactical and love them both.  I plan to add a P07/9 but I want to find a used one for a good price.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:08:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought a full size .45 in 2015 and I am STILL having a hell of a time finding a small grip frame.  Looks like that will continue to be the case.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 8:37:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I picked up my Desantis leather ,holster in black today open top and it fits the 320 full size perfect ,its molded right for the gun .
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 5:47:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've just never been a fan of the super-high bore axis...
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:57:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Beretta prices drop?

92s are stupid cheap for anow all metal handgun. I bought my M9 brand new for $490
View Quote

I wish I could find an M9 for that price around here, I'd buy it today. I had thought about getting a 320 last year to see how it compared to my Glock 19, but I went down that road already with the VP9. I ended up going back to my G19.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:39:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I had no interest in the p320 before and still have no interest now, especially in the military configuration with a manual safety
View Quote

See, that's what I like about it, intuitive 1911 type safety and no stupid "trigger safety dongly".
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:46:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I called the local distributor yesterday.  You know? The ones that were pushing for PDs to trade in their Glocks for them last week.  They only had four of any configuration.  They don't know when they'll get any more.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:05:45 PM EDT
[#17]
How long until Magpul makes a P320 frame module?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:13:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 9:04:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

That happens and I buy one the next day.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 9:12:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's an interesting idea!
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:29:18 AM EDT
[#21]

I'm quite happy with Glock. Won't be getting a Sig P320 anytime soon. .380 Auto, 9x19mm, .40 S&W, 10mm Auto, and .45 ACP  don't need anything else. 
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:30:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Die Hard was the only movie to ever make me want an M9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6wRZCV7naE
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Lethal Weapon" sold more Berettas than the Army ever did

Die Hard was the only movie to ever make me want an M9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6wRZCV7naE
Steyr AUG and a 92FS for me. 
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 4:29:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Steyr AUG and a 92FS for me. 
View Quote

MP5 to.

As to the P320.

Been looking for info on how the barrel was made.

Heard rumors it's button rifles, melonited.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 7:58:27 PM EDT
[#24]
I wanted to get a late build full size 320 already had the compact 9mm , and was going to trade a mint MP 40 L/E with night sights and 3 mags most did not want the 40 gun one place wanted to give 185 for it .
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:00:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I might get one down the road. It depends on if I go to a unit that is issued them before I retire. Same reason I bought my 92. Get one so I can practice with before qualification/deployment.
View Quote

I'm planning to do the same thing - pick one up to train with, since we rarely get to shoot pistols at work, outside qualification.  I did the same thing with the M9 about a decade ago.  However, I'm going to wait for Sig to inevitably release their "Military Model" that matches the features (e.g. manual safety) that the Army will be fielding.  I don't necessarily want a manual safety, but I want my training pistol to match the one I'll carry at work.  If they field them before I retire...
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 7:15:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/ozmHtoE.jpg

I'm quite happy with Glock. Won't be getting a Sig P320 anytime soon. .380 Auto, 9x19mm, .40 S&W, 10mm Auto, and .45 ACP  don't need anything else. 
View Quote

Good for you and who cares.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 8:54:13 AM EDT
[#27]
I dont think you will see the Army model for a long time , and with some L/E going with the 320 they may get hard to get in some places .
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 8:55:52 AM EDT
[#28]
I dont think you will see the Army model for a long time , and with some L/E going with the 320 they may get hard to get in some places .
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Sold mine and bought another glock
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 9:11:27 PM EDT
[#30]
You cant beat a Glock and they have less parts and spring to lose . I have Gen 4 9mm 17 and its been great also never a problem .
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 9:21:56 PM EDT
[#31]
A customer had a 320 with a safety the other day . I handled it and if I had to have a safety on a striker then this is what I'd want. Felt great.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 9:35:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It shouldn't change anything, but it will. Sig had a hard time selling that model before, but now everybody will have one. You know, what the military uses.
View Quote

Meh, I never owned a Beretta. Won't ever own one of these either. It's funny how big Army chose these but SOF guys from all branches still choose Glock.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 9:50:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Meh, I never owned a Beretta. Won't ever own one of these either. It's funny how big Army chose these but SOF guys from all branches still choose Glock.
View Quote

SOCOM went to the Glock 19 before the P320 existed. Thus, that isn't a good comparison.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 9:57:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Posers gonna pose
View Quote
Only reason Beretta stayed afloat after LE dumped them for Glocks in the 90s, and sucking on uncle Sam's tit.  I bet you they're shitting bricks over there, they know what's coming.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 10:16:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Went to gander mountain today and got the last P320 full size they had and the wife got the last Carry model they had.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 10:36:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Only reason Beretta stayed afloat after LE dumped them for Glocks in the 90s, and sucking on uncle Sam's tit.  I bet you they're shitting bricks over there, they know what's coming.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Posers gonna pose

Lol, they've only been around for like  400 years
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:40:32 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm curious if there is a report available on which makes/models were tested and why the 320 was chosen over everything else.  I've never fired one but have handled and dry fired one.  Seemed to have a good trigger (for a striker fired gun), okay ergonomics, fair balance, but also felt like a BIG gun (tall slide).  Without having shot the gun I can't really judge too much but just from handling I wouldn't have thought, "This is it!  This one is going to win the Army trials!"

It will be interesting to see what military members think of the pistol 10, 20 years down the road.  You seldom (note I didn't say NEVER) find a serviceman/veteran who will openly praise the M9.  I also find it interesting that looking at the previous trials that the Beretta was chosen over the Sig P226 because the tests at the time lead them to believe the Beretta was a better pistol; I feel like the overall consensus now (perhaps with some descent) is that a P226 was and is a better firearm.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 12:15:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'm curious if there is a report available on which makes/models were tested and why the 320 was chosen over everything else.  I've never fired one but have handled and dry fired one.  Seemed to have a good trigger (for a striker fired gun), okay ergonomics, fair balance, but also felt like a BIG gun (tall slide).  Without having shot the gun I can't really judge too much but just from handling I wouldn't have thought, "This is it!  This one is going to win the Army trials!"

It will be interesting to see what military members think of the pistol 10, 20 years down the road.  You seldom (note I didn't say NEVER) find a serviceman/veteran who will openly praise the M9.  I also find it interesting that looking at the previous trials that the Beretta was chosen over the Sig P226 because the tests at the time lead them to believe the Beretta was a better pistol; I feel like the overall consensus now (perhaps with some descent) is that a P226 was and is a better firearm.
View Quote

I can't remember who said it, but I've read/heard that the only reason beretta beat sig was because they were able to out bid them.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 12:38:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I can't remember who said it, but I've read/heard that the only reason beretta beat sig was because they were able to out bid them.
View Quote

The guns were essentially tied at the end of the trials.  Beretta was cheaper.

If the SIG had been adopted we would be reading about what POS the 226 was.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 12:44:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

XD
MP
VP9
P320

ETC

Also do nothing for me.
View Quote

What are you talking about?  "SIGarms" was the US based import arm of SIG Sauer GmbH, but changed names in 2007 and is now simply known as "SIG Sauer".  ALL of SIG Sauer is US based - so, "SIG in the USA" is all there is.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 1:04:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

False. The Beretta outperformed the sig. Much better reliability in harsh conditions.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 1:44:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

False. The Beretta outperformed the sig. Much better reliability in harsh conditions.
View Quote

False, they performed practically even, bit Beretta had a better accessory package.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 2:06:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

False, they performed practically even, bit Beretta had a better accessory package.
View Quote

This is the info I can find too. Sig and Beretta were the only two that passed the trials.  Sig had a lower price on pistol, Beretta had an overall lower price (I'm guessing mags and other accessories included).
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Don't diss the P320 until you have fired one.

I rented one a while back and it was easy to shoot accurately right out of the gate, had a good trigger, and over all left a good impression.

If for some reason I was to get out of the Walther P99s that I count on, the P320 would be one of the pistols in the top three I would choose from.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 2:27:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

False

The Beretta beat the sig in several tests. They both passed but the Beretta did much better.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 4:07:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

False

The Beretta beat the sig in several tests. They both passed but the Beretta did much better.
View Quote

According to the GAO papers.

SACO/Beretta
Reliability.
2,877/1,750
Mud Overall.
89%/100%
Salt Water.
100%/86%
Firing Pin.
100%/100%

So basically the M9 performed better in the mud tests, but had a significantly lower overall reliability rating, and fared far worse with the salt water corrosion.

However both passed the requirements, but the Army selected the least reliable handgun because it had the best accessories package.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 4:16:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

SACO/Beretta
Reliability.
2,877/1,750
Mud Overall.
89%/100%
Salt Water.
100%/86%
Firing Pin.
100%/100%

So basically the M9 performed better in the mud tests, but had a significantly lower overall reliability rating, and fared far worse with the salt water corrosion.

However both passed the requirements, but the Army selected the least reliable handgun because it had the best accessories package.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

False

SACO/Beretta
Reliability.
2,877/1,750
Mud Overall.
89%/100%
Salt Water.
100%/86%
Firing Pin.
100%/100%

Crow for lunch?

I thought those numbers were different but couldn't find anything online.

I also thought the Beretta parts had a longer lifespan but maybe I shouldn't be going off memory. Nursing school has rotted my brain
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 4:20:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

This!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've just never been a fan of the super-high bore axis...

This!

LOL but but but MUH BORE AXIS

Maybe fix your grip
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:20:29 PM EDT
[#49]
I still have all the gun magazines from back in the 80s with all the test info, Beretta was a little cheaper bid also have photos of Ruger ,  Smith Wesson and Star auto that was tested . and a Colt of some kind .
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Hopefully Sig has ramped up their customer service department to correspond with the increased sales.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top