Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 1:11:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I like sigs  a lot,. I have 4 of them right now.
The 320 didn't impress me at all, felt cheap in my opinion. I have not shot one you though.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 3:05:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like sits a lot,. I have 4 of them right now.
The 320 didn't impress me at all, felt cheap in my opinion. I have not shot one you though.
View Quote

Do other polymer guns feel cheap?

What it "feels like" does not matter whatsoever, what does matter is performance...
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:54:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hopefully Sig has ramped up their customer service department to correspond with the increased sales.
View Quote

This.  

Their CS is the reason I decided to part with my SAO legion.  When I needed them, they didn't do a damn thing.  

And the 320 isn't nice enough for me to risk it again. Nor is anything else they make.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:09:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hopefully Sig has ramped up their customer service department to correspond with the increased sales.
View Quote

Their customer service has been excellent for me. My new 320 had a tool mark across the top of the slide, only a minor cosmetic flaw but it pissed me off. They were very apologetic and swapped it out ASAP! Few other times I've had questions or minor issues they've been more than helpful
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 11:17:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I like sits a lot,. I have 4 of them right now.
View Quote

How did it feel cheap? The frame feels to me like zytel polymer, which is what Colt uses in the M4.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 11:18:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Reading fail.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 11:20:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

P320 doesn't have a trigger safety dongly.

Seriously, have you people even held this gun?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See, that's what I like about it, intuitive 1911 type safety and no stupid "trigger safety dongly".

P320 doesn't have a trigger safety dongly.

Seriously, have you people even held this gun?

That's what he said.  Calm down.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 11:22:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's what he said.  Calm down.
View Quote

Hmmm, apparently my reading comprehension failed me in that moment.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 11:30:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hmmm, apparently my reading comprehension failed me in that moment.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/7/2017 1:20:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Their customer service has been excellent for me. My new 320 had a tool mark across the top of the slide, only a minor cosmetic flaw but it pissed me off. They were very apologetic and swapped it out ASAP! Few other times I've had questions or minor issues they've been more than helpful
View Quote

Like sending a customer used parts from another customers return (both broken)?  Sig is disgusting and I've pretty much written them off. It's a shame too because I'd like a newer P226 and an MPX, but will not spend my money on their shenanigans anymore.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:28:01 AM EDT
[#11]
My "plastic" guns include: 5 glocks, 3 hk, 1 sig, 1 sw and one 1 Walther.
The 320 just didn't do anything for me and I like sigs a lot.
I held it for 10 seconds and gave it back to the salesman. It just didn't do anything for me.
I am sure it is reliable and shoots well but I won't be buying one.
Btw- my two favorite guns right now are my sig mk 25 and my hk usp. 9C.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:53:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I held it for 10 seconds and gave it back to the salesman. It just didn't do anything for me.
View Quote

It took some time for the appearance of the P320 to grow on me and when you handle it, no it does not feel like a PPQ or a P-01 in the hand. Not that it is bad, just not necessarily "wow."  Once the appearance grew on me (took over a year) and my FFL had a smokin' price on a tacops model, I picked one up to give it a try.  The first 50 rounds were dead on target but it felt rough.  After about a hundred founds things started smoothing out and it shot just great. There was the wow factor.  We went from one to four P320s in about a month.  It really is pretty nice when given a chance IMO.

As for the Sig quality issues others have mentioned, I have been hearing that a lot but not necessarily experiencing it.  Had one bad take down lever on a P220 which I just took care of myself and then a bad slide stop on a 1911.  When I reached out to them on the slidestop, Sig sent me a box overnight to ship it to them overnight.  Sent it in.  They replaced the slide stop, tested it and sent it back overnight.  From phone call to fixed, in four days.  Otherwise haven't needed their assistance.  Sorry to hear others have not had this experience.  Can't imagine it will get better soon with more people buying the Sigs due to the military pick if it truly has gotten bad.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:31:45 AM EDT
[#13]
I have to admit, I never took any notice of the 320 before the announcement. Now, however, I want an XM17 clone in the worst way.

Hopefully they'll be available in less than 4 years
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 7:18:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm going the other way and buying a 1911
View Quote

I beat ya... I just got me a Berretta M9 ..
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 7:42:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm going the other way and buying a 1911

I've already got a few of them
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:40:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

So you held it in your hand for 10 seconds and gave it back to the salesman? Sounds like you really put it through it's paces. Do you leave the movie theater if you don't like the previews too lol?
What did you honestly expect for an entry level, mass produced, polymer framed, striker fired pistol to "do for you"? I generally like to try things out (especially tools) before just dismissing them. Obviously, YMMV though.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:11:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

What 1911 did you get????  I'm jelly.

I think the 320 is ugly.  But who cares how it looks if it works?  I like how it's a bit more generous in the trigger frame area.  Glocks are really cramped to me and my trigger finger is either dragging on the upper / outer part, or dragging on the lower inner frame.  And there's just no room to move.  I'm not even a big guy but I think I have kind of big hands for my size or something.

The 320 looks more generous in size in the trigger gaurd, and yeah, no trigger dongly is a good thing.  IMHO.  I prefer my pistols without them.  I guess I'm kind of a wuss because there are times that Glock trigger directs my attention to it when shooting and I could do without that.   It's not horrible, but sort of a small annoyance.  LOL.  

I do wonder about the high bore axis.  But if it shoots well, it might not be that big of a deal.  

I do wonder if the Compact wouldn't be a good carry gun....
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 6:32:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't find the bore axis to be an issue.  It's higher than a lot of stuff (it''s a SIG after all) but I don't find my 9mm Carry to be all the "flippy".  I haven't measured it, but it seems to be a bit less than the older P series SIGs, of which I own two.

When I decided that I was going consider the 320 I quickly settled on either the Carry or the Compact.  I found the Carry first, at a good price, so I went that route.  I have carried it and it conceals fine.  Not Ruger LCP fine but with the right belt, holster and cover garment I've had no issues.  So far I've been using a Galco pancake rig that was originally for a Ruger P90.  It's a bit tight but workable.  One quirk I discovered; it does not fit in the Bianchi M12 holster.  Big Green is going to have to buy something else.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 7:07:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
One quirk I discovered; it does not fit in the Bianchi M12 holster.  Big Green is going to have to buy something else.
View Quote

I don't think I've seen anyone use the "Widow Maker" in a decade! Most units issue the terrible Serpa holster, or guys buy their own. I'm planning to order Safariland 6378USNs for my guys while we still have M9s (that's going to be for a while). I imagine a lot of holster options for the M17 will be showing up in the coming years.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 8:41:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 5:01:39 PM EDT
[#21]
My XM17 clone.

Link Posted: 2/11/2017 5:50:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My XM17 clone.

http://i.imgur.com/ghO25Tl.jpg
View Quote

No thumb safety
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 6:45:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Hope it works out but John McPhee thinks it was a retarded choice, that it's going to suck, and that none of the tier 1 guys will ever use it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 8:10:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hope it works out but John McPhee thinks it was a retarded choice, that it's going to suck, and that none of the tier 1 guys will ever use it.
View Quote

Who's John McPhee?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 2:53:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I had been looking at the M&P, but now I am considering the P320 instead.

I probably wouldn't have researched it if it hadn't been for the army decision.

I still like my .38 Super Gov't model clone, but maybe it is time for a polymer 9 carry pistol.
View Quote

I shot both at the range this week.
If I were going to pickup a 320 I'd wait until the XM17 version with the manual thumb safety. I like the manual safety unlike many many people.
I was not impressed with the 320 compared to the M2.0 M&P. Both are good pistols, but for me having small hands the M&P just felt better with the shorter trigger pull(break point to rear of grip, Not trigger travel) and the new stippling on the grip is very impressive.
The 320 has a lot of things going for it too. Especially the modular trigger assembly and being able to switch frames, calibers etc., but that's just not my thing for my future 9mm. I am waiting on S&W to put the tactile raised chamber indicator on the standard slide on the M2.0 and that will probably be my choice.
However OP your right they will be very hard to find for a while then everyone will want one and everybody will have great parts for them. The 320 or XM17 will probably be like the pistol version of the AR15. Lots of varients over the next few years.
Who knows maybe I'll even pick one up eventually.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 6:50:14 AM EDT
[#26]
I looked at a new M/P 2.0 on Sat was a 9mm no safe . I liked it and good make it work felt good in the hand but the trigger still had a very long take up on this new gun the brake was good but long take up you think Smith would have fixed that . I do have a newer Shield no safe , came with 3 mags and night sights and its trigger is great also M/P L/E in 9 and its a late 2015 gun but its trigger take up was better than the 2.0 I looked at . The new 2.0 was 519 and I was tempted but I am on the 320 kick for now picking up their L/E package guns 320 com. amd 320 full size ,mags ,holsters etc .
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:58:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Whats with the triggers lately. Last few to come into the shop have been 8lbs + and not very good.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 8:21:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I think part of the recent interest in this gun is maybe some people didn't know about it

Personally I had heard about the 250 but never the 320

The Army picking it up brought awareness to the gun which has piqued my interest. Not because the Army, but because it has features that sound interesting and I'm always in the market for a new striker
View Quote

+1

I don't think people were really aware of its presence in the market. Now that the 320 got some publicity from being deemed  a "military gun", it allows it to take center stage in the market.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:16:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Who's John McPhee?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who's John McPhee?

Trainer. Was in the Unit, Green Berets, and 75th Rangers. On some new show coming out next month too.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:18:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Whats with the triggers lately. Last few to come into the shop have been 8lbs + and not very good.
View Quote

Our full size and carry have excellent triggers and are late year 2016 production dates.

Both triggers are incredibly close to my 1911s trigger.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:45:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Our full size and carry have excellent triggers and are late year 2016 production dates.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really? Even the nicest 320s triggers ive felt were no where near a good 1911s
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:09:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:51:18 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm too invested into a Glock 19 to change and add 'yet another pistol' that really doesn't do anything that the Glock already does.
I wish Sig well, just that at 61 years old and multiple Glock purchases later, it just doesn't do anything for me.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:24:54 PM EDT
[#35]
I picked up a compact today. I'm very impressed so far.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 4:25:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Really? Even the nicest 320s triggers ive felt were no where near a good 1911s
View Quote

Mine personally is. Slightly heavier and a little more uptake, but once you reach that wall and pull through it it's very close to my Colt 1911.

Our Full and Carry P320 both have a October 2016 manuf. date.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 5:29:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

When the industry baseline for a trigger is claiming Glock has a great trigger then everything better seems to be 1911 good.

In reality, I agree. The P320 has a good trigger, similar to the single action of an M9 or P226, but it's not 1911-like.

If you want a 1911 trigger is a striker gun, get an M&P and fill it with a full APEX setup: aluminum trigger, forward set sear kit, and RAM.
View Quote

You lost me on that one.  I think the single action on my M9 is as good as any rack grade 1911.  It might be the one I'm comparing it to...  My Springy Milspecs trigger was not any lighter.    But I do agree with the fact that most striker fired guns triggers are not anywhere near as good as a typical 1911.   I got lucky with my G26 and it breaks under 6 pounds.  I bought it used and I'm kind of wondering what was done to it......
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:12:50 PM EDT
[#38]
its funny because two years ago you couldn't find a VP9 and all the booths at the gun shows had 320's...they didn't sell that well. Then my dad texted me Sunday and said he saw 10 go in half an hour at Cabelas...funny how things change
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 3:24:31 PM EDT
[#39]

I think this deserves an "OUTSTANDING".    Now I'm even more jealous after seeing it.  I love MEUSOC 1911's.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 3:28:09 PM EDT
[#40]
I'd buy a couple at $207
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 3:42:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
its funny because two years ago you couldn't find a VP9 and all the booths at the gun shows had 320's...they didn't sell that well. Then my dad texted me Sunday and said he saw 10 go in half an hour at Cabelas...funny how things change
View Quote

The only thing that changed was the military adopting it. The 320 would still be where it was at if that never happened. It's the new "must have" for those that must have.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 12:59:00 PM EDT
[#42]
I was 320 curious at the start, the military adopting is basically the equivalent of a very strong + a bazillion review that they must be doing something right.

However, I think it is a bit dorky looking, I know that isn't supposed to matter, but it makes a Glock look good.  The X series version posted previously makes it look somewhat better.

I must be the only person concerned there is no blade safety on the trigger, I think its a somewhat effect safety against ADs when holstering and having foreign objects drag across the side of the trigger.  However, M&Ps have the hinged trigger which I am not sure what is the point.  If the Army adopts the 320, my concern must be unfounded.

Is there some other function the Glock and M&P style safety provides that Sig has solved in a different manner with the 320?  End of day, I think the P320 is the only striker fired handgun without any type of safety on the trigger.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:43:52 PM EDT
[#43]
I was interested in one but can't get over how high the bore axis is for a striker fired gun.
Like wtf sig.  I'm sure it shoots nice but it looks too silly for me.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:59:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I was interested in one but can't get over how high the bore axis is for a striker fired gun.
View Quote

You must believe in all sorts of fairy tales then if you believe the bore axis bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:00:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think the high bore axis is due to the interchangeable fire control group module and where it needs to be to work and still be swap-able between frames.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:07:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
My XM17 clone.

http://i.imgur.com/ghO25Tl.jpg
View Quote

I have to say, I was able to shoot both the full size and a Compact model this week. Bore axis was never an issue, I think it is an over thought process and shooting it proves this correct.
I have been shooting M9's since I came into the Army in 1988, while I like to shoot them I hated to carry those Boat Anchors. Heavy guns are a pleasure to shoot but suck carrying for long periods of time.
While I am a huge M&P fan and recently picked up a 2.0 version and absolutely love it and the aggressive grip surface. The P320 was a real treat. I have to admit, I never gave the P320 a second thought especially when it didn't win the FBI contract due to magazine issues. But after it won the Army contract and a couple friends bought them I decided to give it another try. Well after about 400 rounds between the 2 guns, I was VERY pleased and will be purchasing one in the next week or so. One of the guys had the APEX Flat trigger. That in and of itself, makes a huge difference in the trigger because of the leverage you gain in the flat surface. That and some stippling and I think this gun will be a hell of a tack driver.

Well done SIG (even know this isn't a new gun, it is to me). Can't wait to get my .MIL/ LEO gun.

One observation though....... I already PM'd the guy with the XM17 pic above. But it looks to me like that is a FS Slide and Barrel assembly over a Carry Frame? Is that why the dust cover is a bit shorter than on the normal full size? Just curious. Haven't heard from the OP on his pic yet. Anyone else do this?
cp
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:52:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

One observation though....... I already PM'd the guy with the XM17 pic above. But it looks to me like that is a FS Slide and Barrel assembly over a Carry Frame? Is that why the dust cover is a bit shorter than on the normal full size? Just curious. Haven't heard from the OP on his pic yet. Anyone else do this?
cp
View Quote

I was actually out today at the range playing with the modularity.  I went the other direction though and had the sub compact slide and barrel assembly on the compact grip module.  Got the idea from the Honor Guard with their fist frame, was curious.  Worked great.  

Was also testing out a new Apex trigger.  That was great.  Easy upgrade with noticeable improvement to trigger position and like the flat face.  However, it also really drove home that my FCU has slap issues.  Thinking at least one other FCU from my P320s does too.  Need to test that and get it taken care of.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:59:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The trigger blade safety keeps the mass of the trigger and trigger bar from moving rearward when dropped.

SIG accomplished this by having the trigger pull the trigger bar forward meaningwhen dropped the mass of the trigger and trigger bar cancel each other out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was 320 curious at the start, the military adopting is basically the equivalent of a very strong + a bazillion review that they must be doing something right.

However, I think it is a bit dorky looking, I know that isn't supposed to matter, but it makes a Glock look good.  The X series version posted previously makes it look somewhat better.

I must be the only person concerned there is no blade safety on the trigger, I think its a somewhat effect safety against ADs when holstering and having foreign objects drag across the side of the trigger.  However, M&Ps have the hinged trigger which I am not sure what is the point.  If the Army adopts the 320, my concern must be unfounded.

Is there some other function the Glock and M&P style safety provides that Sig has solved in a different manner with the 320?  End of day, I think the P320 is the only striker fired handgun without any type of safety on the trigger.

The trigger blade safety keeps the mass of the trigger and trigger bar from moving rearward when dropped.

SIG accomplished this by having the trigger pull the trigger bar forward meaningwhen dropped the mass of the trigger and trigger bar cancel each other out.

I was a bit slow understanding the trigger blade thing, i.e. where it is needed, where it is not.  TCBA_Joe did a great job laying it out with some pictures/illustrations in this thread.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 12:42:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You must believe in all sorts of fairy tales then if you believe the bore axis bullshit.
View Quote

lol, ok buddy.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top