Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2003 5:19:50 PM EDT
I am looking at purchasing one and am not familiar with it. I met a guy who has one and my first impression was good.

Anybody have any experiences with them or information you'd like to share?
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 5:54:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I like mine.  I have had it for a few years, but I finally bought a decent holster for it just today.  One of the points that sold the gun for me was that I could get 16 round magazines for it.  (I guess there still is much debate over those mags.)  The gun just feels good in the hand too.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 3:50:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply. I was very impressed how the P99 fit in my hand, too. Funny thing, I'm a Sig guy (I own a 239 and 229, both in .40) and was intending to buy another Sig but this guy had a 99 and I handled it. Now, I am not sure if the next pistol will be a Sig. The Walther fit so well!
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 5:29:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks for the reply. I was very impressed how the P99 fit in my hand, too. Funny thing, I'm a Sig guy (I own a 239 and 229, both in .40) and was intending to buy another Sig but this guy had a 99 and I handled it. Now, I am not sure if the next pistol will be a Sig. The Walther fit so well!

I also have the 228 and 229 and love them.  I don't carry them very often because I hate to see the finish wear on them.  I carry a Glock most all of the time because it just takes any abuse I give it.  Like I said, I haven't carried the P99 yet, but I would expect the finish on it to be just as durable as the Glock.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 7:33:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I love my P99. Same reasons mentioned...  nice fit. The trigger feels kinda "gritty" compared to a sig 226 I had, but not too terrible. Thing is, it was very accurate out of the box. I'm just talking plinking, as I haven't put it on paper yet, but it did pretty damn well. I have...  maybe between medium and large hands. I tried the large backstrap, but it felt like I wasn't getting quite enough of the trigger under the pad of my trigger finger.

Another nice thing is the ability to use Beretta 92F mags with a slight modification. They hang out below the grip a bit, but cheap Asian contract mags make nice range mags. More info on the mods here.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 12:26:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Feels great, small but will take 16rd mags, great CCW, never had any problem out of mine.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 7:33:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Another vote for the Walther P99.  Mine is in 9mm and I love it. (I've been a Glock guy since '87) Also great are the P22's (mini version of the P99 in .22 lr) for practice and teaching your kids to shoot.

F.A.S. Out
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 8:18:43 AM EDT
[#7]
There great,  my wife has a P99 in 9mm and I just bought a P99 in 40 S&W.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 6:17:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Decisions, decisions...

I'll let you know what I go with. We are buying a new family vehicle so my pistol purchase may slide for awhile.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm late sounding in but my .02 anyway.
Get the P99. You will like it. I own a P99 in .40S&W with the Titanium slide and it shoots great. It will take some time, though, to get used to the trigger.... Once you do, it will be the one you will shoot and handle the most.

Link Posted: 8/21/2003 12:19:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I didn't pay much attention to the P99's until my wife was looking for a concealed carry gun.  When she found out the the P99 9mm was the gun used by James Bond in the new movie she decided that was what she wanted (Silly isn't it).  Well I bought it for her and fell in love with it.  Now we have a P99 9mm(Wife), P99 .40S&W(Me) and a SW99 .45ACP(Me).  As you can see I really like the P99 design.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top