Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/16/2011 6:40:55 PM EDT
i've heard in wake of the AZ shooting glock will ban G18 33rd mag sales to civilians?
Link Posted: 2/16/2011 6:46:57 PM EDT
[#1]
with 552 posts, figured you might have read a few of the dozens of threads on it so far.  still just rumors.

Link Posted: 2/17/2011 12:48:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
i've heard in wake of the AZ shooting glock will ban G18 33rd mag sales to civilians?

From a salesperson no doubt. I heard this chatter at the most recent show from dealers trying to pimp their standard capacity mags at jacked up prices. Same story, different shooting.
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 1:06:12 AM EDT
[#3]
No.
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 7:51:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought I remembered getting an email ad that made the claim that Glock will no longer make G18 mags...and I believe the email was from CDNN but I could be wrong.  I hadn't heard this before, or since, and have seen nothing definitive about it on the interwebz so it must be false .
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 8:02:43 AM EDT
[#5]
OMB has them for $27, in stock.
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 9:41:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Try to add one to your cart    The "size" only allows to select 17, 13 or 9.
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 9:43:48 AM EDT
[#7]
shouldn't they stop making the g19? since it had a more active role than the magazine.
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 10:03:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
shouldn't they stop making the g19? since it had a more active role than the magazine.

Or they could put a ban on shooting people for non-self defense reasons..............oh wait.  

Link Posted: 2/17/2011 10:45:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or they could put a ban on shooting people for non-self defense reasons..............oh wait.  

that's the answer. we should outlaw murder.
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 12:03:29 PM EDT
[#10]
That isn't true at all.  Glock will make them as long as they are able to be bought.  Glock doens't get mixed up in the BS politics.  

I just bought four more of them from Ed's Public Safety for $31 each (GSSF price) and they had hundreds of them in stock.  

Sales people will say anything to get people to buy more gun related crap for 50-100% markup based on fear.
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 2:03:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

i concur.
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 3:35:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That isn't true at all.  Glock will make them as long as they are able to be bought.  Glock doens't get mixed up in the BS politics.

true...but keep in mind who is in the white house. i don't foresee another awb, but i would buy as many hi-cap mags as i needed now instead of waiting around to see what happens.

Link Posted: 2/17/2011 4:55:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's the answer. we should outlaw murder.

Maybe one day, we'll live in a world where it's illegal to maliciously shoot and kill people.
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 6:32:48 PM EDT
[#14]
You guys remember the 1993 Clinton law banning magazine sales of mags over 10 rounds.  Lasted 10 years. I don't think it will happen again. Well you never know though.

Ban crime not guns!

Jason
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 7:40:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

$75 now at OMB, WTF!
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 7:59:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You guys remember the 1993 Clinton law banning magazine sales of mags over 10 rounds.  Lasted 10 years. I don't think it will happen again. Well you never know though.

Ban crime not guns!

Jason

Hopefully it wont, but if it does,  there will be no sunset provision.
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 8:03:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Someone had a pic from a gun show, 33rounds Glock mags for something like $125.00

Link Posted: 2/17/2011 8:07:04 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Someone had a pic from a gun show, 33rounds Glock mags for something like $125.00

Link Posted: 2/17/2011 11:11:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I wonder if they were pre-ban.

When I lived in NY, I went to a gunshow specifically looking for pre-ban G18 mags, because I was planning on picking up a Sub2000.  I found some.......but they were like $160/mag.  Those things are like polymer gold in a state like NY.
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 11:14:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

$75 now at OMB, WTF!

Link?

I just checked, and when you click on the G18 mag thumbnail link, the order page doesn't even have 33rd mags listed.
Link Posted: 2/18/2011 4:39:40 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

$75 now at OMB, WTF!

Link?

I just checked, and when you click on the G18 mag thumbnail link, the order page doesn't even have 33rd mags listed.

Believe he's referring to the ones at ombguns.com:

Link Posted: 2/18/2011 8:59:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$75 now at OMB, WTF!

Link?

Believe he's referring to the ones at ombguns.com:    

Ah, thanks for the link.  I was looking at OMBExpress.

Nice to see all these companies jacking up mag prices to ridiculous prices.
Link Posted: 2/18/2011 10:37:51 AM EDT
[#23]
I just bought another four of them from Ed's Public Safety for $31 each.   Not everyone is jacking up prices.
Link Posted: 2/18/2011 12:26:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I just bought another four of them from Ed's Public Safety for $31 each.   Not everyone is jacking up prices.

Yep, I know.  But the people who are, are going on my "do not buy from" list, even if they were considered "good" places beforehand.  I won't patronize companies who do something like that, when I can buy from other companies who don't.
Link Posted: 2/18/2011 12:49:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/18/2011 1:27:45 PM EDT
[#26]
makes me wish i would have bought more from CDNN when i placed an order with them last summer. they had 33rd. factory Glock mags on sale for $27.99/ea. i only bought 5... i should have bought more! i got free shipping too, so it was really a good deal.
Link Posted: 2/18/2011 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#27]
I remember when the ban was over and glock mags went from 80-140 dollars to 8-14 dollars. Past few years they have been creeping up then this AZ shooting spiked the prices. I always fought the urge to buy mags for guns I don't even own. Now I'm kickng myself. It will be a while before they come down again.
Link Posted: 2/18/2011 2:41:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
makes me wish i would have bought more from CDNN when i placed an order with them last summer. they had 33rd. factory Glock mags on sale for $27.99/ea. i only bought 5... i should have bought more! i got free shipping too, so it was really a good deal.

I know everyone hates Botach but with their 15% off they come out to $29 a piece
Link Posted: 2/18/2011 4:01:26 PM EDT
[#29]
CDNN has more right now for 39.99
Link Posted: 2/18/2011 6:30:12 PM EDT
[#30]
I should really see how many I have, I could probably let some go at a pretty good profit.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2011 8:39:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Natchez has them back in stock for $27.99 glad to see that after replenishing their inventory they still are continuing with their sale. Check how much it costs to ship to you before ordering and make it worth it, $13+ shipping for me
Link Posted: 2/18/2011 9:52:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know everyone hates Botach but with their 15% off they come out to $29 a piece

thanks, but no thanks. i'm one of the many people who has had a bad experience dealing with this retailer. $29/mag is a good deal right now, but once you factor in their outrageous shipping charges that deal doesn't seem so hot.
Link Posted: 2/18/2011 9:56:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks, but no thanks. i'm one of the many people who has had a bad experience dealing with this retailer. $29/mag is a good deal right now, but once you factor in their outrageous shipping charges that deal doesn't seem so hot.

I took a chance and put an order in earlier tonight at Botach for some G18 mags.  I couldn't pass up $30/mag, and the shipping wasn't horrible; something like $9.  I've paid more in shipping from Brownells on smaller packages.

Fingers crossed that what people have been saying lately; That Botach has gotten their act together and aren't messing up orders, is true.  I'll keep you guys updated.
Link Posted: 2/18/2011 10:45:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I took a chance and put an order in earlier tonight at Botach for some G18 mags.  I couldn't pass up $30/mag, and the shipping wasn't horrible; something like $9.  I've paid more in shipping from Brownells on smaller packages.

Fingers crossed that what people have been saying lately; That Botach has gotten their act together and aren't messing up orders, is true.  I'll keep you guys updated.

$9 shipping is not bad... i was charged something like $17 for shipping the last time i dealt with them... maybe they brought their shipping rates down to a reasonable level. let us know how you make out.

Link Posted: 2/18/2011 11:09:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$9 shipping is not bad... i was charged something like $17 for shipping the last time i dealt with them... maybe they brought their shipping rates down to a reasonable level. let us know how you make out.

Will do.  

This is my first time dealing with them, and I realize I'm taking a chance, compared to ordering to most places.  Just couldn't pass up the prices on the G18 mags.  Let's just hope it doesn't turn around and bite me in the ass!
Link Posted: 2/19/2011 9:34:20 AM EDT
[#36]
I was gonna order some from Botach last week, but I called them first to see if they even had them in stock before I went through with the online order.  When I finally got through to someone on the phone, they said the G18 mags WERE NOT in stock.  So, you might be in limbo here.
Link Posted: 2/19/2011 10:06:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I was gonna order some from Botach last week, but I called them first to see if they even had them in stock before I went through with the online order.  When I finally got through to someone on the phone, they said the G18 mags WERE NOT in stock.  So, you might be in limbo here.

Thanks for the heads up.  I just checked, and they haven't charged my card yet (just a hold), so that's good.  I remember reading that they used to charge as soon as the order was put in.

This is on their site:

Please Note:

* You Will Be Notified If A Product Is Out Of Stock Or Of Any Shipping Delays.
   * Clearance Items That Are No Longer Available Will Be Removed From Your Order Without Notice.
   * You Must Be Over The Age Of 18 To Purchase Any Goods From Our Site.
   * Buyer Is Responsible For Knowing & Complying With All Local, State, Federal & US Export ITAR Laws

So I'm not sure if they operate on Saturdays or not, but I haven't received an email saying it's out of stock.  So I will wait until Monday and go from there.  I'll report back when I hear anything.  I don't mind waiting for the mags to come back in stock, as long as the February discount still applies, even if they don't come back in stock until after February.  We'll see.
Link Posted: 2/19/2011 10:20:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Last time I tried to order from Botach, there was no record of my order & a couple thousand dollars were spent on my CC# in Mexico.....

YMMV

ETA: & I got the last 2 from Natchez.  

ETA2:  Some bastard got them out from under me.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2011 12:50:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Last time I tried to order from Botach, there was no record of my order & a couple thousand dollars were spent on my CC# in Mexico.....

Can I ask how long ago you ordered from Botach?
Link Posted: 2/19/2011 1:05:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Uh...it's been a while.  If they've changed recently, I'm unaware of that.
Link Posted: 2/19/2011 1:16:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Uh...it's been a while.  If they've changed recently, I'm unaware of that.

It seems to be really hit or miss with Botach, and I knew that before putting the order in.

Fingers crossed that everything works out in my favor.
Link Posted: 2/19/2011 1:19:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Good luck.  I spoke with Natchez & they said they got 1500 yesterday, had 500 this morning, and are now out.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2011 1:36:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Good luck.  I spoke with Natchez & they said they got 1500 yesterday, had 500 this morning, and are now out.  

Holy shit, that's crazy.  2K mags gone in less than 2 days?

I'm really, really, really kicking myself for not ordering when CDNN had factory G18 mags on sale for $27, on top of their $5.99 shipping at the time.  I even posted a thread in this subforum, giving people a heads up. http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=5&f=13&t=99993

<––Me
Link Posted: 2/19/2011 5:17:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Wow
Link Posted: 2/19/2011 6:59:01 PM EDT
[#45]
39.99 and in stock at 44mag.com   not the best price but better than that 75.00 bullshit
Link Posted: 2/19/2011 9:25:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit, that's crazy.  2K mags gone in less than 2 days?

I'm really, really, really kicking myself for not ordering when CDNN had factory G18 mags on sale for $27, on top of their $5.99 shipping at the time.  I even posted a thread in this subforum, giving people a heads up. http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=5&f=13&t=99993

<––Me

yeah, i feel your pain. i remember when they had that sale. i bought 5. i wish i would have bought a lot more!
Link Posted: 2/20/2011 1:33:15 AM EDT
[#47]
thank goodness that I purchased 5 of them last night...I figured I better since natchezes was still selling them for a great price...

they will go well with the 10 17 round glock 17 mags I bought a couple weeks ago...Whats funny is I dont even have a 9mm glock yet...LOL...now I have to buy the gun  
Link Posted: 2/20/2011 6:10:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Just something about telling people they cant have it to make them want it
Link Posted: 2/20/2011 6:14:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/20/2011 8:01:30 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have made several orders from Botach in the last few weeks some of which were for G18 mags. Several orders came, but no G18 mags. I called them and they said it could be months before my mags ship. I am content to wait at the price I paid.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top