User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/21/2011 10:02:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I took a chance and put an order in earlier tonight at Botach for some G18 mags.  I couldn't pass up $30/mag, and the shipping wasn't horrible; something like $9.  I've paid more in shipping from Brownells on smaller packages.

Fingers crossed that what people have been saying lately; That Botach has gotten their act together and aren't messing up orders, is true.  I'll keep you guys updated.

I have made several orders from Botach in the last few weeks some of which were for G18 mags. Several orders came, but no G18 mags. I called them and they said it could be months before my mags ship. I am content to wait at the price I paid.

I'm not in a real rush to get them, but was hoping for a wait that wasn't that long.  Ah well, as long as they don't charge my card until it ships.  I have a few "email me when back in stock" things set up at a few other sites.  Hopefully I can snag a few that way.
Link Posted: 2/21/2011 1:00:42 PM EDT
[#2]
On sale this month at Midway. Out of stock but I put some on back order for my future SUB2000 purchase
Link Posted: 2/21/2011 1:18:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
On sale this month at Midway. Out of stock but I put some on back order for my future SUB2000 purchase

Does putting a backorder order in guarantee you'll get your order filled in the next shipment?
Link Posted: 2/21/2011 3:31:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Being backordered from Botach is just giving them more time to fraudulently charge your credit card and pretend they know nothing about it.  Not only did my card get compromised from them, the charged me three times for the same order spacing it months apart.   They didn't refund my money and didn't answer their phone 90% of the time, so I had my credit card reversed and canceled.  

I don't trust them at all and never will again.  Order with caution and use a "one time" credit card number so it cannot be charged multiple times.
Link Posted: 2/21/2011 4:50:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does putting a backorder order in guarantee you'll get your order filled in the next shipment?

Go out down the line of people on the back order list. If you have never dealt with midway they and their customer service is top notch.

Glock 33rd
Link Posted: 2/21/2011 9:50:11 PM EDT
[#6]
went ahead and put a backorder in through midway.  i can wait.  it's only a novelty item/range item for me and i already have the khan knockoff.  it works, but the metal insert is chinsey at best.  but like i said, it works.  now i want to make sure i have the real deal.
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 5:52:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Being backordered from Botach is just giving them more time to fraudulently charge your credit card and pretend they know nothing about it.  Not only did my card get compromised from them, the charged me three times for the same order spacing it months apart.   They didn't refund my money and didn't answer their phone 90% of the time, so I had my credit card reversed and canceled.  

I don't trust them at all and never will again.  Order with caution and use a "one time" credit card number so it cannot be charged multiple times.

Thanks for the heads up.  I already check my bank account religiously online, so I'll keep an eye out for multiple charges.  Already had some douche from Tennessee try to order a $700 diamond watch from Overstock.com a few years ago.  I caught it in the "hold" stage, before the charge went through and canceled the order and had my card changed.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go out down the line of people on the back order list. If you have never dealt with midway they and their customer service is top notch.

Glock 33rd

OK, cool.  I'm probably going to put an order in for a few.  I've dealt with Midway before and had a great experience.
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 9:41:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Just put an order in at Midway for some of the G18 mags.
Link Posted: 2/23/2011 7:39:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

that is why I have a separate bank account for internet and questionable purchases, I transfer in just enough money from my normal bank account to cover the purchase...If someone tries to hit it again, they will find that account bone dry...

Link Posted: 2/23/2011 7:39:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, I finally got an update email from Botach.  They said they no idea on an ETA, and asked me how I'd like to proceed with my backorder.  I replied letting them know I'd like to cancel my order and would like a confirmation of the cancel.  (I'll still be checking my CC account like a hawk for a future charge)

I'll just keep my backorder with Midway, since they at least have an ETA, and are more reputable.
Link Posted: 2/23/2011 7:44:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

that is why I have a separate bank account for internet and questionable purchases, I transfer in just enough money from my normal bank account to cover the purchase...If someone tries to hit it again, they will find that account bone dry...

Good idea.  That's what I used to do.  But my bank has requirements that don't allow me to do that right now:

- In order to have a checking account with no minimum balance fee, you have to have direct deposit from your job. That way, you could keep the balance at $0.00 and then only transfer in funds from savings as you needed.

- If you don't have direct deposit, you need to keep a minimum balance of $1K in your checking, or else you get charged $8/month for the checking account.

So, since my current job doesn't have direct deposit, I have to keep $1K minimum in my checking to avoid the monthly checking account fee.  Luckily, I'll be starting a new job at the end of next month, so I'll be getting direct deposit again.
Link Posted: 2/23/2011 12:40:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Given that he's included shipping with his price, this guy's price isn't too bad, comparatively: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=89&t=848429

I just shelled out $40/mag + $5 shipping at 44Mag.com, just because they're actually in stock there.  Still gonna keep my back order with Midway though.
Link Posted: 2/23/2011 9:24:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just bought another four of them from Ed's Public Safety for $31 each.   Not everyone is jacking up prices.

Yep, I know.  But the people who are, are going on my "do not buy from" list, even if they were considered "good" places beforehand.  I won't patronize companies who do something like that, when I can buy from other companies who don't.

Perhaps you could start a thread listing a few of these.  I was bigging on a few G18 mags on Gunbroker but got outbid at the last minute.  The seller relisted his other auctions and increased the prices by $100 to start the bid.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 11:20:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Just got the shipping confirmation on my mags from 44Mag!

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just bought another four of them from Ed's Public Safety for $31 each.   Not everyone is jacking up prices.

Yep, I know.  But the people who are, are going on my "do not buy from" list, even if they were considered "good" places beforehand.  I won't patronize companies who do something like that, when I can buy from other companies who don't.

Perhaps you could start a thread listing a few of these.  I was bigging on a few G18 mags on Gunbroker but got outbid at the last minute.  The seller relisted his other auctions and increased the prices by $100 to start the bid.

I guess I spoke a little too soon.  It seems everyone has raised their prices.  But still not to the ridiculous $75 level that some have.  I'd recommend putting a back order in with Midway for the best price.  Or if you need the mags right away, order from 44Mag because they have them actually in stock.  Or try the above EE ad I linked to, if theres any left.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 11:31:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Ed's Public Safety in stockbridge, GA has a case of them in stock.  When I bought mine they had about 50-60 of them left.   Give them a call.  If you are a GSSF or LEO/MIL they are only $31.  If you aren't, I think they are $40.
Link Posted: 2/26/2011 5:44:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Got my two G18 mags from 44Mag today.  I went ahead and canceled my backorder with Midway.  I figure these two G18 mags will hold me over for my 33rd 9mm needs for now, and then hopefully the price drops back down to normal soon, and I can pick a few more up.

Besides, I put the $70ish that was going toward the G18 mags from Midway toward a Crossbreed Supertuck.  I didn't even know Midway sold Crossbreeds until someone posted here about it.  It's nice not to have to wait, like when ordering straight from Crossbreed.
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 4:16:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Heads up:  Just got the reminder email from Natchez that the factory G18 mags are back in stock.  I was going to order a few, but they wanted to charge me $14 for shipping on 2 mags.  Might be worth it if you live closer to them?

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=GLMF17133
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 3:34:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glock 33rd

I already canceled my back-order, but still had the "remind me when back in stock" thing set up.  At the time, they were supposed to be back in stock on 3/11, I believe.  Well, I just checked, and now it says they should be back in stock on 4/10, and the price went up to $35.99.

Do those who backordered them in Feb, when they had the sale on them, still get the sale price whenever they come back in stock?
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 3:46:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Do those who backordered them in Feb, when they had the sale on them, still get the sale price whenever they come back in stock?

YES
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:10:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Cabela's in KC had a boatload of them yesterday at $44 apiece. I'll bet you can order them online as well.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:23:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Cabela's in KC had a boatload of them yesterday at $44 apiece. I'll bet you can order them online as well.

They're $39.99 at 44Mag.com and $5 shipping.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top