Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 10:51:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Copper  custom  got theirs 3 days ago.
.waiting.on them shipping to my FFL.any day now
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 12:23:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I can see a aftermarket for the pgrip/mag component.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 9:53:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey gents. How sturdy is the handguard? For a frame of reference I’m used to the lmt mrp system.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:24:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey gents. How sturdy is the handguard? For a frame of reference I'm used to the lmt mrp system.
View Quote

It's a thick aluminium handguard so it's very sturdy. Honestly kind of wish they'd made it a little thinner so it could be lighter.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:28:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It's a thick aluminium handguard so it's very sturdy. Honestly kind of wish they'd made it a little thinner so it could be lighter.
View Quote

Thanks for the feedback man. Which model do you have??
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:25:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks for the feedback man. Which model do you have??
View Quote

8.3" 7.62 Gen 2 model. Also have a 5.56 model in the middle of my state's mandatory waiting period. :(

The hand guards are also very slick so I put a stop on the front of them so my hand doesn't slide off. I'm thinking about getting a burn proof gear wrap for them as well because the 7.62 model gets really hot after a few mags.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 7:21:55 PM EDT
[#7]
any word on the gen 2 13" .39 models?  Seems like the ideal length.

Must be the crazy one here cause I did the look and features of the gen 2
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 1:04:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Back on track. My Galil ACE 2 SBR in progress. Spare Scorpion sights work nicely. Haven't decided on an optic yet, or if I'm even going to add one.  
Added some trimmed BCM MCMR Rail Panel Kit pieces to the forend for some much needed texture.

Not a fan of this folding knuckle and plan to change that.

Hunting around for a lightweight, short suppressor to finalize this shooter.

Oh, and note that left hand shooters need not apply. That safety is a non-starter for you folks.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/408302/PXL_20210603_155823175-1965329.jpg
View Quote

What stock is that? Great looking setup!
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 5:34:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What stock is that? Great looking setup!
View Quote

BCMGUNFIGHTER Mod 1
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 3:24:21 PM EDT
[#10]
You can find the 556 Gen II for $1521 now. Only a matter of time before you’ll be able to find everything under 1500.
My (bold) prediction: IWI US makes major changes and announces a third generation at shot show (or sometime soon).
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 8:41:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You can find the 556 Gen II for $1521 now. Only a matter of time before you’ll be able to find everything under 1500.
My (bold) prediction: IWI US makes major changes and announces a third generation at shot show (or sometime soon).
View Quote

Where at friend!?
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 9:39:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Where at friend!?
View Quote

Check Gun deals daily. This one ended but they pop up every day or two under $1600 now. Only a matter of time until (due to being undesirable) they go down in value even more.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You can find the 556 Gen II for $1521 now. Only a matter of time before you'll be able to find everything under 1500.
View Quote
I can't imagine they'll make a Gen 3 anytime soon.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 9:33:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I can't imagine they'll make a Gen 3 anytime soon.
View Quote

Hopefully roll back to Gen 1!
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 10:35:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I like the look of the gen 2 and waiting on the 13"545 version. I did the the plastic delete on my gen 1 but Iam not really liking the look. So I found out iwi is selling the gen II plastic lower and gen II safety for it. https://iwi.us/product/galil-ace-gen-ii-upgrade-7-62x39/
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 4:17:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I sent IWI an email and asked if they would be doing a limited run of Gen 1 5.56 aces with rock and lock mags with a 13" barrel. Something like a civilian legal Ace 22 pistol. This was a few days ago and I have not heard back. Anyone drop the cash on the 8.3" 5.56 ace 21 yet?
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 6:05:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I sent IWI an email and asked if they would be doing a limited run of Gen 1 5.56 aces with rock and lock mags with a 13" barrel. Something like a civilian legal Ace 22 pistol. This was a few days ago and I have not heard back. Anyone drop the cash on the 8.3" 5.56 ace 21 yet?
View Quote

They are horrible about replying to emails but they answer the phone so if you want to ask them something that's the best way to get them in my experience.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 10:14:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

They are horrible about replying to emails but they answer the phone so if you want to ask them something that's the best way to get them in my experience.
View Quote

I'll have to give that a whirl!
I remember emailing them about my 8.3" 5.45 ace right when I bought it and they were speedy replying but that was the only time.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 9:45:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I called them and asked the same. He said that they've had many requests for a 13" 5.56 Ace that will take the rock and lock mags. Said he would pass my request along.

So far, IWI has done a good job listening to its customers. I think they'll do it, but I'm guessing it'll be a Gen 2.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 2:21:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I called them and asked the same. He said that they've had many requests for a 13" 5.56 Ace that will take the rock and lock mags. Said he would pass my request along.

So far, IWI has done a good job listening to its customers. I think they'll do it, but I'm guessing it'll be a Gen 2.
View Quote

I posted in a couple communities on reddit, the AKfiles, and a galil group on facebook and received a massive amount of support. Many people would buy one if they did a run. I sent all the posts to Jeremy Gresham to review and he told me he'd take a look
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 4:40:08 AM EDT
[#21]
I am new to this platform. I have a Gen II under the Christmas tree. Just my preference, I like the fact I choose my own BUIS. Love to full floating rail. And I can choose from a ton of different buttstocks. Seems to me they answered the majority of complaints about the Gen I. I love the looks of the Gen II as well. My Vortex UH-1 with micro 3x mag is gonna look sweet!!!
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 11:28:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Congrats, you'll love it.  I think most people like the Gen 1 as it has it's own identity and not a Galil transitioning to an AR.  The lightening cuts, fixed sights and even the handguards are what the classic Galil fans desire as these features are found on the military contract Aces.  The current versions appeal to competition shooter.  The Gen 2 is gender-fluid if you get my drift but my understanding is it shoots better with the updates.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 10:11:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Congrats, you'll love it.  I think most people like the Gen 1 as it has it's own identity and not a Galil transitioning to an AR.  The lightening cuts, fixed sights and even the handguards are what the classic Galil fans desire as these features are found on the military contract Aces.  The current versions appeal to competition shooter.  The Gen 2 is gender-fluid if you get my drift but my understanding is it shoots better with the updates.
View Quote

This about sums it up!
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 5:59:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, they’re on the big auction site as low as $1,481 now but generally that is plus shipping, sales tax and a 3% credit card fee. I went to ‘buy it now’  on one of them and it was over $1,650 shipped. I ended up finding a barely used gen II 13” in 5.56 for $1,520 shipped by getting it directly from an out of state store. Arrives at my dealer next week. Should be fun to compare against a Vren 2 and BRN180S.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 3:31:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Do the Gen 2 pistol grips intended for Gen1 upgrade require the Gen 2 safety as well or Gen 1 safety selector good to go when upgrading?
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 3:49:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

What improvements would you think they do on a gen 3?
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:35:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What improvements would you think they do on a gen 3?
View Quote

That question wasn’t directed at me but I hope they switch to a polymer hand guard and drop 1+ lb off of them. There is about 1.5 lbs between my 10.5” BRN180S and my new 13” 5.56 Ace but this is the heaviest pound and a half I’ve ever encountered.

https://i.ibb.co/prCQRjZ/D5-D58-C73-C4-C3-4-E58-86-AA-F36-C99-DAFED6.gif
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top