User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 2:02:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell ya!!!

Z1500  you are the man....Count me in.  

I guess the kids will only be  getting  a couple of the toys on their Christmas wish lists this year.

Any ETA?  

-vato
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 3:19:12 PM EDT
[#2]
nice!!

I need some more hi cap mags for the Beast

Link Posted: 11/20/2005 3:48:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I remember awhile ago, some NFA guy built a saiga 12 like an AMD-65. Wire stock, short barrel, and AMD handguards in FA. I remember the video, it was amazing! He had the 8rd mag, man they were shooting a mid 90's mini van with it. Full auto 12ga slugs ripping through it. When you see gunshots in movies how they just tear along the whole side punching big holes and paint chips flying, thats what it looked like. Cycle rate was pretty damn fast, damn im jealous now.

If anyone remembers this vid. please post it, i need to see it again

It was Cole's Gun Works.  Their website appears to be down, so I've uploaded the video here: rapidshare.de/files/7929360/Full_Auto_Shotgun.wmv.html

Any chance of seeing US-made Saiga 20 mags?  Maybe larger than a 10-rounder?
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 3:56:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It was Cole's Gun Works.  Their website appears to be down, so I've uploaded the video here: rapidshare.de/files/7929360/Full_Auto_Shotgun.wmv.html

I love it when he shoots the stuffed animal from 5 feet away.
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 5:22:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is that a SLS or SLA prototype?  If so what material did you use?

It's SLA- I forgot what they called the material, they just said it was the strongest they could do.

Kevin

Before putting this kind of money into one magazine, I would really like to know what they are made from.  I dont want to buy a magazine made from toy plastic.  Just because its the "strongest they could do" doesnt mean it is strong.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 5:33:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
[

I'm not going to be making anything over 10rd. And most likely will not make anything for the 20ga.

Kevin
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 5:46:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Before putting this kind of money into one magazine, I would really like to know what they are made from.  I dont want to buy a magazine made from toy plastic.  Just because its the "strongest they could do" doesnt mean it is strong.

Thanks.

The prototype doesn't need to be strong, it's just the first one to check fit and function. Google Stereolithography and you'll understand a little better how this one was made. The production parts will be injection molded glass filled polycarbinate. And they will have a molded in steel strip in the front of the mag.

Kevin
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 6:22:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Kevin, That is awesome. There has been so much empty talk about doing this. I would think it will be very profitable for you and a great service for us. The obvious next question is will you be considering the 308 mags?  Thank you, CB
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 6:31:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

The prototype doesn't need to be strong, it's just the first one to check fit and function. Google Stereolithography and you'll understand a little better how this one was made. The production parts will be injection molded glass filled polycarbinate. And they will have a molded in steel strip in the front of the mag.

Kevin

Thanks for the information.  I know what stereolithography is.  One of our clients bought a new machine that does this and he had to show us when we went out on an engagement.  Its pretty amazing.

As for "injection molded glass filled polycarbonate" products, they are plenty strong, ram-line stocks are made out of the same material/same process.  Thanks for the information, looking forward to the production pieces.  If you start a new thread to sell these, could you please post in this thread with the link so it shows up in my active topics?  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 4:23:17 AM EDT
[#10]
i'm ready to buy some
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 5:32:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Just let me know when I can order some
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 5:39:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Tag
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 5:40:22 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I Like I Like!!!

I will be ordering some for sure.

p.s. I like the see-thru.

MadDog(760)

home.comcast.net/~tdmccallie/Uzi/Saiga12_sm.jpg

Not to high jack the thread but

How hard is it to change out the wooden stock to the pistol grip and side folder, or is that a fixed stock?  Where can I get the parts?  Thanks...

Link Posted: 11/21/2005 5:49:45 AM EDT
[#14]
labrat454:

Some people find it easy to do the conversion to pistol grip .  If you are comfortable with working of AKs then you may find it easy too.  I do not - and have found a gunsmith to do it for me.  Go to www.saiga12.com for recommendations.  I am usind Chris at www.ak-103.com.  He comes highly recommended.

Ace makes a folding stock that you can put on yourself: http://www.aceltdusa.com/ak.htm
I have no experience with this stock, but ACE is a great company.
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 6:30:00 AM EDT
[#15]
tag!
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 6:37:54 PM EDT
[#16]
TAG
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 2:10:43 PM EDT
[#17]
My Saiga craves 10rounders

Link Posted: 11/22/2005 6:32:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Tag.  I'll buy several.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 7:32:08 AM EDT
[#19]
I hate to break it to you fellers but eventually they will be declared as a DD
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:23:46 AM EDT
[#20]
I think the DD thing is just merely speculation.   However, I am going to definitely buy one now.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:39:16 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Where did you get that info?

Which BATFE branch told you that?

Link Posted: 11/23/2005 1:20:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where did you get that info?

Which BATFE branch told you that?

We're going on past performance of the ATF.

The ATF refused to allow imports of the 8rd Saiga mags, which is why we've got 5rd mags here.

To this day, all semi-auto shotguns with removable mags that have a certain capacity have been declared Destructive Devices.

This is a very reasonable fear that those of us who have a Saiga 12, or want a Saiga 12, are worried about.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 1:25:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Hey Z1500 how about Quad-Stack 5.45 mags?  I'd buy one.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 2:00:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Where did you hear that the BATFE said no on imports of 8rd s-12 mags specifically.

EAA, and now RAAC said they won't import. Not that they cannot.

Where does it say the word "saiga"..........as anything but sporting.......

or is this "eventually"....?

As certain as men are to die.....eventually.....

Just interested where these folks get the info they obviously have no problem spreading as "facts".

TIA
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 3:02:30 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Where did you hear that the BATFE said no on imports of 8rd s-12 mags specifically.

Just interested where these folks get the info they obviously have no problem spreading as "facts".

TIA

Is it just me or is this post fucking confusing...........???
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 3:16:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Ditto with AKSpray... a quad stack 60 rounder like the russian prototype that i have seen pics of.... screw the long 45 rd mags, get me a normal length 60 rder any day.
Anthony
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 3:59:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Count me in for a couple saiga 12 mags!  
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 4:07:30 PM EDT
[#28]
The main reason the USAS and Street Sweeper were reclassified as DD's were the overall size and weight made them "unsuitable" for sporting purposes. High capacity mags were not the single reason. This is what I was told when I registered mine.

The Saiga is still considered "sporting" for the moment.

And put me down for a couple of mags.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 4:44:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TIA

Don't feel bad.
Education is often wasted on some.
I can't type. You cannot comprehend...

Communication is suffering.

What I meant to say is.
EAA, and RAAC do not want to bother with any grey areas. Per their own prior replies to e-mails.

Show me where 8rd magazines constitute a possible ban on this "sporting" non-military shotgun....

I understand what everyone is worried about. drums, and high caps....oh my!
But alot of this is anxiety over our hypocritical government. I have a hard time believing that a Saiga-12 in un-converted form would be banned. Maybe laws against converting someday soon? Relieve old 1994 AWB nightmares?

Back to the Ban? Yes I believe that could happen again. But I won't play chicken little and start running around.

I just wanted proof of DD, and Saiga talk from the Ninja folk.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 5:03:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Kevin, let me and the others know when these are available from your production. It has been asked before, but I'll ask again: what is your estimated price per magazine?

Thanks for taking this task on, you build it, we will buy it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 6:21:37 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Kevin, let me and the others know when these are available from your production. It has been asked before, but I'll ask again: what is your estimated price per magazine?

Can't post a price outside of the EE. It's a lot less than a 45rd 74 mag:)

Kevin
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 6:30:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Good Shee-iit!
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 8:11:49 PM EDT
[#33]
One of my buddies from TheGunSource came by the shop today and had to check out what the mag looked like in his Saiga folder.-

Kevin
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 8:21:25 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kevin

Would that be the used or new mags!!!
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 8:52:54 PM EDT
[#35]
.308 20, 30rd Saiga mags? I know you could sell afew of them.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:04:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Tagged

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:55:31 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kevin

Would that be the used or new mags!!!

A lot less than even used mags. Like an actual fair price, believe it or not.

Kevin
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:21:50 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TIA

Don't feel bad.

What I meant to say is.
EAA, and RAAC do not want to bother with any grey areas. Per their own prior replies to e-mails.

Show me where 8rd magazines constitute a possible ban on this "sporting" non-military shotgun....

But alot of this is anxiety over our hypocritical government. I have a hard time believing that a Saiga-12 in un-converted form would be banned. Maybe laws against converting someday soon? Relieve old 1994 AWB nightmares?

Back to the Ban? Yes I believe that could happen again. But I won't play chicken little and start running around.

Much better 762, it's just the previuos post was kind of choppy. I understand where you're coming from, and alot of times people go crazyand start a bunch of hype when there really is no evidence to support their paranoia.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 2:43:53 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TIA

Don't feel bad.

What I meant to say is.

Have you bothered to consider exactly why EAA and RAA "won't" import the mags?

What's this horseshit about they "do not want to bother with any grey areas" ??  There's no grey area about importing mags.  The file for an import permit, and they either get denied or they get approved.

EAA was denied an import permit for 8rd mags.  They were approved for the import of the rifles with 5rd mags.

Saiga 12's + 8rd mags did not meet the "sporting purposes" clause.  The same rifle with a 5rd mag was determined "sporting".  Stupid?  Yes.  But, we're dealing with the alphabet gang, not rational people.

Where are YOU getting your information?  Call EAA up, ask to speak with someone other than a secretary or phone jockey.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 6:12:27 AM EDT
[#40]
I just stated what was written in response to numerous inquiries in above posts.....

I won't bother responding to anymore B.S. scuttlebutt that is unproved.......un-founded, and no written in law/policy anywhere....

I know the end of the world is gonna happen someday......doesn't mean I'm gonna run around screaming about it now.....

And if you have anything better to contribute other than attitude Kythri.....

lay it down.

Where are YOU getting YOUR info?  Prove it or walk.

TALKING SHIT THROUGH ANONYMITY IS WEAK.

Link Posted: 11/24/2005 7:54:28 AM EDT
[#41]

I have a good friend at EAA.  What is stated above is true.  The BATF does not want mags for the Saiga 12 over 5 rounds coming in the US.  Period.  They have a long history of working against semi-auto shotguns with capacities over that of most hunting guns.  This can be seen in how they handled a number of previous shotguns.

What affect will making the mags here have on imports of the gun?  Time will tell.  I would not bet that the ATF will sit by and watch.  If they cannot stop the mags, they can certainly stop the guns from coming in.  Right or wrong, they will do what they want until politicians tighten their leash.

GR
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 8:22:18 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I have a good friend at EAA.  What is stated above is true.  The BATF does not want mags for the Saiga 12 over 5 rounds coming in the US.  Period.  They have a long history of working against semi-auto shotguns with capacities over that of most hunting guns.  This can be seen in how they handled a number of previous shotguns.

What affect will making the mags here have on imports of the gun?  Time will tell.  I would not bet that the ATF will sit by and watch.  If they cannot stop the mags, they can certainly stop the guns from coming in.  Right or wrong, they will do what they want until politicians tighten their leash.

GR

It happened with kit AKs.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 9:14:01 AM EDT
[#43]

I agree with all of the above.

But as people spread opinions, not fact, like gospel. I'm not gonna get freaked out.

EAA DID say they didn't want to import anything in "the grey area"...not my words. Theirs. ICGAF

And as far as RAAC.... We'll see what they do.

Too many paranoid people around here. IMO. I guess I just don't worry much. Maybe I will end up like others around here soon enough. And be totally pro-active. I just haven't played with weapons that are borderline "ban-able" to use a made up word....

I can't own the weapons I'm trained with. So I don't bother much. That will change now that I'm addicted to AK variants.

If I have offended anyone with my disbelief. Sorry for your chapped rear....lol

I hope, as you do, that these saiga's remain around for a long time. I just hate whiners is all. Taking action is best.

With that said...

HAPPY TURKEY-DAY!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 10:31:20 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
And if you have anything better to contribute other than attitude Kythri.....

lay it down.

Where are YOU getting YOUR info?  Prove it or walk.

TALKING SHIT THROUGH ANONYMITY IS WEAK.

I'm talking shit?  Wow.

I repeat myself:

CALL EAA AND SPEAK WITH SOMEONE OTHER THAN A SECRETARY OR A PHONE JOCKEY.

They were denied an import permit for 8rd magazines.  They tried to import them, they were smacked down.  Period, end of story.

There is NO "grey area" anywhere in attempting to import magazines.  You file an application, and you get approved or denied.  Black or White.

Start steppin, Leroy.

(Has anyone figured out where all these dipshits are crawling in through, so we can seal the hole?)
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 10:38:13 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

They were denied an import permit for 8rd magazines.  They tried to import them, they were smacked down.  Period, end of story.

There is NO "grey area" anywhere in attempting to import magazines.  You file an application, and you get approved or denied.  Black or White.

Was this before or after the AWB ended?
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 10:56:36 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Was this before or after the AWB ended?

This was December of 2004, so, just a few months after the ban.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:59:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Just to keep this thread alive. Hoping to hear good news in the new year on these mags being available.

ETA: BUMP!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:17:57 AM EDT
[#48]
I'm trying to have them ready for sale to the public by the end of  january. Molds are being machined right now, and that takes the most time. I can't wait to have these babies done.

Kevin
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:32:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:44:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top