Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/19/2021 8:33:50 PM EDT
Having my gunsmith remove and install a pinned and welded Warcomp. They have not welded yet but timed the new comp and wanted me to check it out. Using a suppressor alignment rod the bore is very narrow. The rod will go in and is centered in the comp, passes the Comp without issue. In the barrel the rod is pretty snug and you have to push it in with atleast a little force. Compared to another AR that the rod just slid in easily. I’ve got 1500 rounds on this barrel with the old birdcage with no issues. Gun smith is concerned that once I put on a can the increase in pressure could cause some damage. Thoughts? It’s in a 14.75” PSA upper with FN barrel.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 9:08:29 PM EDT
[#1]
You will continue to have no issues with a can as well. It’s not gonna do what he thinks it’s gonna do how he thinks it’s gonna do it. Back pressure and firing pressure, not the same. You are fine. FN has done this a few times, made a few barrels, etc. they have a general idea how to do that, you are ok.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 10:25:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Hammer forged or button rifled FN barrel?
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 10:38:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Hammer forged
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Tight barrels are the best barrels. Live long and prosper.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 10:31:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Tag.  More info on the “tight barrel”

Similar experience
Here
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 9:04:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 1:38:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the reply’s. I decided to roll the dice and put 300 rounds through it. 2 mag dumps on binary mode with no issues. I have it back to the guys to pin as it seems to be good to go
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top