Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2014 12:19:09 AM EDT
Hello all,
First post on this forum, I've stalked it for years but this is my first actual post. I'm having trouble figuring out handguard compatibility with my rifle. I have a RRA fred eichler edition rifle and I really don't want a "predator gun", I'm more interested in building a more "tacticool" spr setup. I haven't actually shot the thing or taken it out of the box yet so I can't speak to it's function. I tried selling it to get the money to put towards a larue but the local shop wanted to hose me on the deal, and I've never sold online so I guess I'm stuck with this thing. Alright on to the question, I want to put a customizable rail free float tube on it that requires minimal gunsmithing. I like the Troy Alpha rail but it says it works with a standard barrel nut. There is the problem I'm not sure if the fred eichler edition has a standard or proprietary barrel nut. I know I could just take it off and look at it, but I'm currently deployed and would like to have the parts waiting for me when I get back. So does anyone know if the Troy alpha is compatible?
Thanks for any advice you can give.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:54:29 AM EDT
[#1]
You mean to tell me that you created an ARFCOM account during the height of the panic, and are only posting for the first time 11 months later?

See the SALES portion for more clarification....

I'm not trolling you, but because of the aforementioned reasons you already have 2 strikes against you ('13er from the panic, selling in tech forums), I thought you might like this info.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:01:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Well sorry about that, and yes I guess I'm a "13er" I joined and never said anything because I never really needed anything. Ya sorry wasn't meant to be an add, I'm looking for anyone who has knowledge of the firearm. Sorry about the violation but as I said, I'm new to actually using the forum instead of just stalking it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 12:27:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Also if it helps it looks like it may be set up the same way on the RRA R3.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:39:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Welcome to the forum 13er.  I have had good luck selling stuff on Armslist.com.  You get people from all over the country.  

As for the barrel nut, I don't know.  Order one anyway with your Troy handguard, they are $7-10.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:02:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 12:37:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

OP, your RRA rifle does not have a standard barrel nut. That rail uses the RRA style barrel nut with a jam nut to hold the rail in place. If you want to avoid changing the barrel nut, you can probably use one of the other RRA rails, like the TRO HERE. With this rail, you would just have to loosen the jam nut, remove the old rail, thread the new one on, and tighten the jam nut back. You could leave the barrel nut, gas block/tube and flash hider in place.

If you want to use the Troy Alpha rail, you'll need to buy a new barrel nut and install it. As mentioned above, they're less than $10.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not trolling you, but because of the aforementioned reasons you already have 2 strikes against you ('13er from the panic, selling in tech forums), I thought you might like this info.

OP, your RRA rifle does not have a standard barrel nut. That rail uses the RRA style barrel nut with a jam nut to hold the rail in place. If you want to avoid changing the barrel nut, you can probably use one of the other RRA rails, like the TRO HERE. With this rail, you would just have to loosen the jam nut, remove the old rail, thread the new one on, and tighten the jam nut back. You could leave the barrel nut, gas block/tube and flash hider in place.

If you want to use the Troy Alpha rail, you'll need to buy a new barrel nut and install it. As mentioned above, they're less than $10.

Thanks that's exactly what I was looking for, I will probably wait until I get back to see if I can offload this thing. The TRO seems like a good option although it's a little uglier haha. But if I'm going to change the barrel nut out I might as well get something really nice like one of the new geissele's (sorry if I spelled that wrong). We will see, thank you for the info.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top