Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 8:05:30 AM EDT
Well since I am not really looking to trade or buy I thought I would post here.  Currently I am having some feeding issues chambering the first round from a 1/2 loaded mag.  You can see the other post I have here:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=66&t=272935

Anyway I don't know if dummy rounds weight exactly the same as real rounds I would like to see if someone that has a broken firing pin laying around they would be willing to send me to do some testing with live rounds.  Basically I am looking for a pin with the tip broken off or one that is damaged that I can cut the tip off.  I don't like cycling a ton of rounds, just incase I do get a slam fire, in the house.

I am sure someone has a busted one laying around somewhere.  Please IM me.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:12:16 PM EDT
[#1]
A new one is only 5 or 6 dollars ..... Just buy one and cut the tip off

Or take the pin out of yours.

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:48:18 AM EDT
[#2]
doesn't the firing pin hold the cam pin in???

If I remove the firing pin I run a risk of the cam pin coming loose and jamming up the entire weapon.

well since i don't think anyone around here stocks them, and I am not going to pay $6 shipping on a 4-5 part, I will just wait until another range day.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:57:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I doubt anyone has a broken one laying around, they dont break very often and if they do the first thing someone does is toss it away. might think about ordering a few spare parts and a couple extra fireing pins and mod eather the one in your rifle or one of the new ones.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:01:16 AM EDT
[#4]
also does your AR jam when you load a fresh half full mag only or when your fireing and jams whne you get half way through the mag? sometimes when dropping the bolt you might not have enough force to fully push the round in. if its nosediveing on the bottom of the feedramp i would look at the mag for the problem.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:06:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I just happen to have one of those! I bought a batch of miscellaneous AR small parts recently on the EE, which included one broken firing pin (I'll be nice, and not mention the name of the seller).
Let me know your mailing address(email me) and I'll be glad to send it to you, no charge.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:43:57 PM EDT
[#6]
IM and email sent.  Thanks!

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top