Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/22/2021 4:41:07 PM EDT
ETA: I meant "Magpul Enhanced Self Leveling Follower for USGI mags."

So, I decided to dig out some old aluminum mags and would like to upgrade the followers and refresh them. I just learned about putting pmag followers in USGI mags from this forum  recently. Hell, I remember upgrading black followers to the green followers years ago, thats how far behind I am on upgrading mags.

Anyway. That was a way long-winded way of saying, I can't find them in stock....anywhere. Is this new, the norm or am I just behind? I just want to find 9 pmag followers if anyone can point me in the right direction (This is not a WTB ad)

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:49:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Why?

The green followers are still good.  

I have a shitload of green follower mags and they’ve all always worked just fine.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:48:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why?

The green followers are still good.  

I have a shitload of green follower mags and they’ve all always worked just fine.
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:50:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:02:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Pretty sure you want the yellow magpul followers, not actual pmag followers...
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:01:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Magpul Enhanced Self Leveling Follower for USGI mags.

Not Pmag follower.

And yes, OOS/backordered everywhere. You are behind the curve.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:48:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Magpul Enhanced Self Leveling Follower for USGI mags.

Not Pmag follower.

And yes, OOS/backordered everywhere. You are behind the curve.
View Quote

I was in a gun store yesterday, they had dozens of the 3 packs of the brown ones, not the uglier yellow.

OP, google TruePrep in Marietta Ga, then call them, they have plenty hanging on a rack.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:50:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Thats what I meant, Magpul self leveling followers, sorry I worded it wrong.  And I am trying to replace the black followers, not the green ones.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:12:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I just found a box of old mags I had stored. I've been shooting pmags or newer aluminum mags with proper followers for along time. I really didn't even remember these were here.

I just figured it would be worth it to upgrade to the better Magpul followers if I was going to keep these on hand. The old, flat black followers don't give me confidence if they are more than just range mags. For 2 buck each, I don't see why its a bad idea.

Thanks for the replies and correction that they are not "pmag" followers, but Magpul Enhanced Self Leveling Follower for USGI mags.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I think it is worth it to replace the black followers.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:35:41 PM EDT
[#10]
If they're not malfunctioning, maybe just keep shooting them until they don't function anymore and use your time and resources to just buy up new mags rather than trying to chase down the hard to find parts.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:58:53 PM EDT
[#11]
If the black follower mags are pre-ban (before 09 1994) you may be able to sell them to someone in a ban state and get enough to buy twice as many new Okay or D&H mags that already have upgraded followers.  You'd be doing those folks a favor and you can find new mags.  Okay are a little hard to find, but D&H can be had fairly easily.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:17:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I was in a gun store yesterday, they had dozens of the 3 packs of the brown ones, not the uglier yellow.

OP, google TruePrep in Marietta Ga, then call them, they have plenty hanging on a rack.
View Quote

Just to clarify, the two colors that Magpul makes these in are Yellow and Foliage Green. DSG Arms sold an FDE version that Magpul produced specifically for them, but they don't seem to be listed on their website anymore. They were the best deal running for a long time at $5 for 10 followers.

Interesting to see these followers out of stock everywhere. I'm guessing it's because Magpul's production is going to support D&H magazines and other brands that use them, since I kind of doubt there's a huge rush on these followers associated with the ongoing panic. Anything's possible, but I'm guessing production of D&H magazines (which use these followers) and their associated branded mags (PSA, BCM, etc.) has really ramped up in the last few months.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:38:46 PM EDT
[#13]
With GI mags coming with tan followers for over a decade now, I guess Magpul makes a little money on the competition’s mags too.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Hell OP I think I have 7 of em in a box.  I’ll check tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:48:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Could 3d print some maybe

I have a few mags with the black followers ive been meaning to upgrade.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:23:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Just to clarify, the two colors that Magpul makes these in are Yellow and Foliage Green. DSG Arms sold an FDE version that Magpul produced specifically for them, but they don't seem to be listed on their website anymore. They were the best deal running for a long time at $5 for 10 followers.

Interesting to see these followers out of stock everywhere. I'm guessing it's because Magpul's production is going to support D&H magazines and other brands that use them, since I kind of doubt there's a huge rush on these followers associated with the ongoing panic. Anything's possible, but I'm guessing production of D&H magazines (which use these followers) and their associated branded mags (PSA, BCM, etc.) has really ramped up in the last few months.
View Quote

Magpul makes Yellow and Foilage Green, I previously stated brown, that was in error, sorry about that. The ones I saw in stock at TruePrep were the foilage green, I said brown, that was wrong.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:22:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:30:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Attachment Attached File

Small number of red were available as well, IIRC.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:41:31 PM EDT
[#19]
I had some gray Gen 1 or 2 followers.  Not sure what the difference was.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:49:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Here's a lengthy thread about the Magpul follower variations:

Orange followers?
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top