Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/26/2019 1:40:13 PM EDT
Did Mag Pul ever make any orange anti tilt followers for GI magazines?
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 1:49:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 2:27:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes. I have quite a few mags with them. I think they are Gen 2.

They work very well.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 2:37:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I have some Orange Improved ones.

Nice to be able to tell if your mag is loaded or empty with a glance.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 2:51:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 2:58:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 2:58:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
This.

In my circle of friends, I'm the only one with orange followers. I wish these were still being made. OR, certain manufacturers would sell their followers seperate.... MFers...
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 4:32:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Pretty sure the Orange ones are the unlicensed (ripoff) CProducts units.

Gen II Magpul - Grey & Red (I have both)
Gen III Magpul - Yellow, OD Green, FDE

https://i.imgur.com/fL2aiKm.jpg
View Quote
I have some of the ripoff C Products Orange Followers too.

I will send pics shortly.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 4:59:21 PM EDT
[#9]

The orange follower on the left is the CProduct Ripoff. The right is the Gen 2 Magpul installed in a D@H Mag I bought from Bravo Company.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 1:09:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The orange follower on the left is the CProduct Ripoff. The right is the Gen 2 Magpul installed in a D@H Mag I bought from Bravo Company.
View Quote
I think you have that flipped around in your second photo. The one on the left matches all the orange Magpul followers I have, with the “5.56” on it. I would describe the Magpul color as more of a “blood orange,” but not quite red.

I came across this odd beige / yellowish brown color Gen 3 follower a few years ago (to the right of the orange, with foliage green and DSG’s FDE on its right). It was installed in an NHMTG mag that I bought at a show. Not sure if it was part of a special run that Magpul did for someone or what. I’ve never seen another like it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 11:19:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 12:56:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I had some MagPul orange ones. Some didn't fit or were to tight with some of my GI mags. The new ones fit every GI mags I have with the exception of 1 Okay mag. Can't fight it out. The mag works and run fine with the oem green follower.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 7:16:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I think you have that flipped around in your second photo. The one on the left matches all the orange Magpul followers I have, with the “5.56” on it. I would describe the Magpul color as more of a “blood orange,” but not quite red.

I came across this odd beige / yellowish brown color Gen 3 follower a few years ago (to the right of the orange, with foliage green and DSG’s FDE on its right). It was installed in an NHMTG mag that I bought at a show. Not sure if it was part of a special run that Magpul did for someone or what. I’ve never seen another like it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/27888/A405889C-457D-47E0-A496-BC664E1E4AF1_jpeg-823358.JPG
View Quote
No I don't. The one on the left is Cproducts. Look closely. The one on the right has Magpul printed on it.

Unfortunately, I have several Cproducts Mags with these followers.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 7:46:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No I don't. The one on the left is Cproducts. Look closely. The one on the right has Magpul printed on it.

Unfortunately, I have several Cproducts Mags with these followers.
View Quote
I won’t pretend to know much about mag followers but none of the other Magpul followers pictured in this thread have Magpul printed on them, only their logo like the one on the left in your pic.  That makes me think you have it backwards as well.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 7:58:58 AM EDT
[#15]
CProducts used magpul followers for a few years by request at time of order.  They eventually started making their own anti tilt follower that slightly infringed on Magpul's design so they worked out a license fee with magpul. The CProducts followers do not have magpul markings.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 8:03:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I won’t pretend to know much about mag followers but none of the other Magpul followers pictured in this thread have Magpul printed on them, only their logo like the one on the left in your pic.  That makes me think you have it backwards as well.
View Quote
Trust me. The ones on the right are Magpul Followers. The ones on the left are the followers that came with the Cproduct Mags.

I thought they were Cproduct Knockoffs.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 8:32:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Trust me. The ones on the right are Magpul Followers. The ones on the left are the followers that came with the Cproduct Mags.
View Quote
Note that the one on the left is identical in every way that I can see to the orange one I posted above. I bought those orange followers new in the Magpul packaging from Quantico Tactical in Killeen, TX.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 8:42:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 10:52:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

They are Magpul followers in C Pro mags.

C Pro copied the design, Magpul sued and lost.  Geometry was copied, trademark infringement was not the issue.  Yours have the logo, they are both Magpul.
View Quote
Didn't know.

Besides the color being slightly different, the plastic feels slightly different in the ones that came with the Cproducts Mags.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 11:18:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 1:20:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Just dfferences in generation.
View Quote
Which are the older generation? I thought they were both Gen 2?
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 1:22:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 3:43:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 3:47:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 5:49:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Magpul GEN III have TFE (Teflon) in the plastic to be “slicker”.

You CAN tell the difference between the Gen II and the Gen III
View Quote
This is true.

That being said, IMO,  there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Gen 2 MP Followers.

They are MUCH better than the green and black followers.and also, IMO, it's not worth upgrading from Gen 2 to the Gen 3.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 8:55:29 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote
That’s interesting - I’ve never seen that shade of orange. I think the other Gen 2 color was gray?
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 9:11:50 PM EDT
[#27]
CProducts used genuine magpul followers for a while, then started to move to their own follower.  Many people had the opinion that they ripped off the magpul design.

I don't have any evidence that Cproducts ever forged the Magpul name or logo on their followers.  My opinion is that if there is a magpul logo on the follower it's a genuine magpul follower. (although I'm sure there's probably Chinese knockoffs by now, know your source)

The Cproducts followers looked quite a bit different than the magpul followers in my opinion.

C products turned out a lot of crap in the early days after the ban sunset.  I think their later stuff from Newington CT was a lot better.  I had a lot of problems with poor spot welds. Check your stash.  I found a few mags that if pinched by my thumb and pointer finger with moderate force would cause the spot welds to break.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 9:51:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 10:01:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 10:24:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 10:32:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top