Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2006 2:36:42 PM EDT
Let me start by saying that I only have 2 of these mags and I only had the ammo to shoot each mag once. I was actually at the range testing Adcom ammo with my "proven" mags and had these mags loaded with Q3131a. Both mags failed to chamber a round after being loaded into the rifle when the bolt catch was released on a full 30rd mag. Bolt pushed the round forward a bit then road over top and jammed. This happened with both mags. After I cleared the jams, rounds chamber right away when chambering by actually using the charging handle to work the action. One jammed when in a string of rapid fire. Got through 4 rds, andthen a stoppage. Found an empty round that was lying ontop of a round going into the chamber that had jammed up. Not sure if that's a mag problem or just a failure to eject problem. Again this was a VERY short lived test, but both mags act alike using proven ammo in a proven rifle. The 100rds of ADCOM flew through the rifle with no problems with a mix of Colt, Adventure Line, and Parson's mags. Thanks,  Terry
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:38:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a stiff spring to me. Or a burr on the lips. I'd give it a few loads to see if it clears up.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:40:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Let me start by saying that I only have 2 of these mags and I only had the ammo to shoot each mag once. I was actually at the range testing Adcom ammo with my "proven" mags and had these mags loaded with Q3131a. Both mags failed to chamber a round after being loaded into the rifle when the bolt catch was released on a full 30rd mag. Bolt pushed the round forward a bit then road over top and jammed. This happened with both mags. After I cleared the jams, rounds chamber right away when chambering by actually using the charging handle to work the action. One jammed when in a string of rapid fire. Got through 4 rds, andthen a stoppage. Found an empty round that was lying ontop of a round going into the chamber that had jammed up. Not sure if that's a mag problem or just a failure to eject problem. Again this was a VERY short lived test, but both mags act alike using proven ammo in a proven rifle. The 100rds of ADCOM flew through the rifle with no problems with a mix of Colt, Adventure Line, and Parson's mags. Thanks,  Terry

FYI

CLICK FOR THREAD ON MAGS
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:22:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the link. That clears up alot of things.   Terry
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#4]
This weekend I'm going to burn a case of Wolf testing the D&H mags I bought recently...

TS
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:48:55 AM EDT
[#5]
This is my experience.

I have 10 new DH black teflon 30's, none will feed reliably. The feedlips and all metal area that contacts the round has a very sharp edge towards the inside of the mag that effectively grabs the brass and prevents the rounds from feeding cleanly causing a very pronounced scratch.

Again, just my experience.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:08:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I had the same problem with my Bushy mag, and the other 4 D&H.  It took a couple times to get them to reliably feed the first round.  Now they feed just fine.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:28:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the 20 rounders Black w/ green Followers!

Very Sharp! shaper than my LUDT95

When loaded it rattles alot, and Green followers tilt easy!

At the range Uesing WOLF M193 they work perfectly!

But I still Like the OLD COLT 20 rounders with Metal Followers LOTS BETTER or GI
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:57:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, I am glad I didn't order the case I was going to.

Ok, I have had my 20 D&H mags from 44mag.com for about 3 weeks.

I called 44 mag the same day I got the 20 Grey (D&H Mags Grey, Gray Gen2 Magpul followers, ALL Marked 12/05) about the problems I was having.

He stated that they had not had ANY complaints and to keep them apprised of the situation.

I thought I was NUTS, because NOONE on this board had seemed to have had ANY problems.

I could not strip of the first 4-5 rounds in ANY of them either loaded with 30 or 28 rounds.

NOT A SINGLE ONE!

I tried this in 4 Guns, 2 Bushmasters and 2 Rock Rivers.

Deep scratches in the brass, and the cartridge would only feed about an inch with the pull of the charging handle.

Opening the bolt, setting the hold open, loading the mag then slapping the release did not seam to help either.

Shooting the stupid things doesn’t help either!  

Why would shooting the things help any, if the mag won’t strip a round off when the charging handle is pulled and allow to slam forward properly, IT IS DEFECTIVE!

WHY WOULD SHOOTING THEM HELP!  

Yes the carrier might go a little more back, but SO WHAT!

I really wonder how many Mall Ninja's are here, and how many have ever even fired an AR15/M16?

Never again will I believe crap I hear on this board with out checking EVERYTHING out myself.  

This taught me a good lesson, kicked me in the ass, Thanks, I deserved and needed it!

With all the threats going on in the world right now, the last thing I need in this world is to have MAG PROBLEMS.

THESE MAGS SUCK!  I’ll send them back so D&H can use a demeral on them.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:10:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a set of new mags that did this.  I used the pliers on a Leatherman and gently bent the forward feed lips a tiny bit up so they weren't putting as much pressure on the rounds.  That way, when the bolt strips the round out and it starts rotating up on the feed ramp, there won't be as much pressure on it and it will chamber smoothly.  

The red areas are what need to be bent up slightly.

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/2667/magazine2yw.jpg
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:36:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:40:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for your report
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:37:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Started to tweak according to suggestions. Ended up with quite a disaster.
Too obscene to show

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top